PDA

View Full Version : Hotels near the ships and PARK YOUR CAR at the hotel how many trips d

AWHOFAN
11-05-2010, 06:53 PM
If you stay at a hotel near the ships and PARK YOUR CAR at the hotel how many trips does the shuttle take per day? How EARLY? Does the shuttle stop at OTHER cruise ships docks. Is it a deal? Looking at $139-169 for one night hotel stay on a 4 night cruise of parking.

disnewbie108
11-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Bump, I'm intersted too....

Shelly F - Ohio
11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
I would stay at the Country Inn and Suites. they are the closest hotel to the port. As for shuttle service they do have it. They use a van with a trailer attached for luggage. I would call the hotel and ask about shuttle time.

http://www.countryinns.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcape

Disney Cajun Man
11-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I have stayed at the Radisson and at County Inn and Suites at Cape Canaveral and used the cruise parking and hotel shuttle to the port at both. Both hotels have been great experiences with no problems. Both hotels have you call to reserve your shuttle space the morning before and they have shuttles that run every half hour starting at 10:30am. If the shuttles are running early or late they call your room to let you know. I have had very smooth shuttle experiences at both hotels. The Radisson is more crowded as it is a bigger hotel so a lot more people, but the shuttle busses are larger. For shuttles boarding the ships we have always been on a shuttle that goes to a specific ship and the bus is full of people just for that cuise line. After a cruise they tell you where to meet the shuttle at your respective cruise line terminal ground transportation area. I have had experiences where the shuttle was there waiting on us passengers, have had to wait for a shuttle for 5 or 10 minutes and have been given drivers cell phone number to call them when we got curb side and were picked up in 5 minutes or so. So never had to wait long. Sometimes when they pick you up depending on how many people thay pick up they may go to another cruise terminal to pick up more people - that that has only happened to us some of the time. At the Radisson they drop you off in the cruise parking lot at your car and at County Inn they drop you off at the front lobby entrance - both are smooth and easy. The drivers for both hotels have been there for years and are very helpful with groups, families and people with special needs. Staying at the hotels near the port makes even more sense since we were on a late October 2010 cruise and were told that parking at the port is going up to $20 a day on 1/1/2011. Breakfast at Country Inn and Suites is free so that makes it a even better deal. I have read where some people have found deals of hotwire and priceline for as low as $49 a night - so you may want to check that out.

brucechase
11-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Read this thread for my experience at the Radisson. I don't think I will stay there again just based on how they handled the shuttle runs. My post is #8.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2278881&highlight=radisson

BealsRwe
11-08-2010, 05:54 PM
We stayed at CI & S in August prior to a 5 night cruise. We paid $129 plus tax, but that included room, parking, shuttle, breakfast. We also were upgraded to a suite on the 3rd floor looking toward the port. Well worth the $$$ IMO.

*love*2*shop
11-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Just want to be sure i am reading this correct?? we are Driving from NH to FL/ will have our car. we are going to book a hotel for the Night before the cruise { possibly Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach} do they allow us to leave OUR Car at the hotel for the week while we are on the cruise at no charge?? the car would be there for a week :confused3

mmouse37
11-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Just want to be sure i am reading this correct?? we are Driving from NH to FL/ will have our car. we are going to book a hotel for the Night before the cruise { possibly Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach} do they allow us to leave OUR Car at the hotel for the week while we are on the cruise at no charge?? the car would be there for a week :confused3

Yes, my BIL left his car there for the week with no problem or charge...this was last year and again last week.

MJ

Rehabdirector
11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
When we book online at these hotels, do we need to make sure we book a "park and cruise" special, or can we book the regular rate and just get the shuttle?

Thanks!

mmouse37
11-22-2010, 11:48 AM
When we book online at these hotels, do we need to make sure we book a "park and cruise" special, or can we book the regular rate and just get the shuttle?

Thanks!

In order to park your own car I believe you need to book the park and cruise special.....you can book any room to get the shuttle service.

MJ

Minniemouse07
11-22-2010, 01:08 PM
We were planning on having dh drive us over to the terminal to drop us off and then return to the hotel (haven't decided which yet) and take the shuttle back.

Thought it would be easier w/ all our stuff as well as not having to worry about car seats for the kids.

CruznLexi
11-22-2010, 01:59 PM
We just came back from the Residence Inn off the Carnival Dream. We had done the Dream back in Jan and stayed at the Radison. In Jan when there was just 2 ships Dream and Magic it was a night mare to get on the shuttle. I had booked 11 months out and could get only the 1200. Too late for me. So I asked about a Taxi so they got one. Well that am there are 100 or so people in the lobby for both ships. It is also 32 and freezing and pouring down rain. People would slip the guy $20 and get on the next shuttle. People kept grabbing other people taxi's. Finally we got a taxi and were on the ship by noon. Last month we stayed at Residence Inn which is the closest hotel to the ship and hertz is right in front of it. We got to hertz at 1015 and 1030 all of us were at the terminal and 11am we were on the ship. Coming back they have shuttles and did take a bit as some sail boats were coming through and the draw bridge took a few minutes. From time we got out of the ship to the hotel was tops of 30 min. We will never stay at the Radison again.

LindaBabe
11-22-2010, 03:36 PM

Yes, that's correct. Your car will be there for a week, safe and sound. Residence inn has free breakfast, and the shuttle costs $6. per person, a heckova lot less than parking at port.

Husurdady
11-22-2010, 09:31 PM
:thumbsup2 And speaking of port parking..........the cost is going up to $20.00 per day JAN. 2011. :thumbsup2