PDA

View Full Version : 7 day cruises and Hyatt MCO

cbryteach
11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
I was curious if anyone has stayed at the Hyatt MCO taking a 7 day in the last few weeks, and if you were able to check in at the hotel. There have been some differing opinions and just curious what the current mode of operation is. We are NOT taking Disney Transportation.

Jodijo
11-05-2010, 04:29 PM
We have stayed at the Hyatt before both of our 3 and 7 day cruises. As of last November, they only let you check in for your cruise at the Hyatt before the 3 or 4 day cruises. (Actually, you check in for the cruise at the same place you would check in to use the Magical Express transportation to WDW. They have a counter down there.) The 7 day cruisers had to wait and check in at the port.

ericalynn1979
11-05-2010, 04:45 PM
We did for the 10/16 - 7 night, but we took Disney Transportation.

Jodijo
11-05-2010, 04:55 PM
We did for the 10/16 - 7 night, but we took Disney Transportation.

We checked in for the DCL transportation at the hotel and they checked to make sure we had all out documents. However, we still had to go to the counter at the port and get our Key cards and give them all our documents.

Have they changed the policy? Can you get your Key at the Hyatt now for 7 day cruises? I hope so. It would be so much nicer.

nemofans
11-05-2010, 05:02 PM
I have been trying to find this out too. I have heard both yes & no on these boards. I asked a DCL CM & she said she's never heard of anyone for any cruise being able to check in at the welcome desk at MCO. So that wasn't much help.
It would be nice to be able to run down to the welcome desk & check in for our 7 nt cruise.

seasideliz
11-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Off topic, but is there a way to get a good rate at the Hyatt, or is that a silly question :goodvibes