PDA

View Full Version : Cruising in 3 days! Questions!!

sk8ingmomma08
11-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I have spent the last couple days in here looking at the FAQs and the help threads, Im stressing myself out and thought Id see if anyone could help my few questions!! =) I apologize if they are posted anywhere else!

1.Cash for tipping....how much do you bring in cash for the trip? Im thinking we will put our end of the trip tips on our Card but wasnt sure how much cash to bring for room service tipping.

2.Whats the average key of the world total? We arent doing excursions (DD is 2) and won't be drinking. Just minimal souveniers and tips probably.

3.Do you use your Key to the World card in Castaway Key? Is the food and drink there including in the cruise price?

4.When and where do I leave the Pillowcase with Sharpies for autographs for my daughter?

5.When we check our bags in Detroit, do we pick them up in Orlando before we go to the Disney Cruise Shuttle? or do we not see them again after Detroit until our room?

Thank you so much for anyone that can help me! Im trying to pack and I keep thinking of more things I wonder about! haha. Im soo excited!!

dahuffy
11-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I have spent the last couple days in here looking at the FAQs and the help threads, Im stressing myself out and thought Id see if anyone could help my few questions!! =) I apologize if they are posted anywhere else!

1.Cash for tipping....how much do you bring in cash for the trip? Im thinking we will put our end of the trip tips on our Card but wasnt sure how much cash to bring for room service tipping.

2.Whats the average key of the world total? We arent doing excursions (DD is 2) and won't be drinking. Just minimal souveniers and tips probably.

3.Do you use your Key to the World card in Castaway Key? Is the food and drink there including in the cruise price?

4.When and where do I leave the Pillowcase with Sharpies for autographs for my daughter?

5.When we check our bags in Detroit, do we pick them up in Orlando before we go to the Disney Cruise Shuttle? or do we not see them again after Detroit until our room?

Thank you so much for anyone that can help me! Im trying to pack and I keep thinking of more things I wonder about! haha. Im soo excited!!

Food and non alcoholic drinks are free on CC. You'll need your KTTW card for any souvies you might want though.

Drop your pillowcase and markers at Guest Services as soon as possible. I suggest putting it in a large ziplock with your name and stateroom number on it.

iloverags2
11-04-2010, 06:16 PM
1.Cash for tipping....how much do you bring in cash for the trip? Im thinking we will put our end of the trip tips on our Card but wasnt sure how much cash to bring for room service tipping. This really depends on how much you plan to use room service and porters. Room service tipping is usually $1 per person. Typically a buck or two for each time your order snacks is a good rule of thumb. Porters depends on what you feel comfortable tipping. Some folks tip $1/bag, others will give a standard $10 or so for all their bags. Again, depends on what you feel is the comfortable norm for you. If you will have porters handling luggage both before and after the cruise, remember to bring enough for both ways.

2.Whats the average key of the world total? We arent doing excursions (DD is 2) and won't be drinking. Just minimal souveniers and tips probably. That's a really tough questions! Some folks have spend just $100 or so, others $1000! I have been on eight 3-night cruises and have spent anywhere from $70 to $700. If you are trying to budget, think about what types of souveniers you are planning on. T-shirts can run $15-$35. Magnets and pins $7-$10. I always try to budget $50/person for souveniers knowing some will spend much less, while others much more...it all evens itself out with that for an average! Also, keep in mind sodas, milk, coffee, tea are free at the beverage station on Deck 9 and with dinner. If you order anything from a server it is an additional charge.

3.Do you use your Key to the World card in Castaway Key? Is the food and drink there including in the cruise price? Yes, you use your KTTW card on Castaway Cay for souveniers and drinks (sodas, tea, milk are free there also over at Cookies). The food at Cookies and the drink station there are both included in your cruise price. You would be using your KTTW card for souveniers, excursions, and beverages ordered from a server.

4.When and where do I leave the Pillowcase with Sharpies for autographs for my daughter? Leave the pillowcase and Sharpie at Guest Services on Deck 3 when you board on embarkation day. Be sure to put it in a plastic bag (such as a ziploc) and put your name and stateroom number on it. They will return it to your stateroom on the last night of your cruise.

5.When we check our bags in Detroit, do we pick them up in Orlando before we go to the Disney Cruise Shuttle? or do we not see them again after Detroit until our room? This one I cannot help you with as we live in Florida and do not fly! I'm sure someone else will chime in here!

Scotty69
11-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Hello fellow michiganer, we live in monroe. If you are flying an abroved airline like delta you drop your bags with disney tags on them in detroit and then you won't see them again untill they deliver them to your room. Hope this helps and have fun.

BealsRwe
11-04-2010, 08:05 PM
For your pillowcase...I suggest fabric markers. You can find them at Michael's or Joann's. They won't bleed like Sharpie's in the wash. Have a great cruise!