PDA

View Full Version : DCL BUS to WDW Resort

rosiep
11-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Please help clarify something for me-

If I am going from the cruise to a WDW resort and using DCL buses will I'll need to collect my own luggage?

I read some where that it's not sent directly to the resort as with DME?

thanks

skiingfast
11-04-2010, 04:44 PM
It's more like DME.

Your bags go on DCL transport and end up at your stateroom.

Dismebarking your bags are picked up outside your room. You see them at customs off the ship, then they are put, not by you, back onto the buses to WDW resorts.

rosiep
11-04-2010, 05:06 PM
It's more like DME.

Your bags go on DCL transport and end up at your stateroom.

Dismebarking your bags are picked up outside your room. You see them at customs off the ship, then they are put, not by you, back onto the buses to WDW resorts.

Ok...so I leave them outside my door on the cruise and at disembarkment will find them at customs. I'll bring them through customs with me....then someone else from DCL will send them through to the resort. Got it!

Thanks

tink,too
11-04-2010, 06:10 PM
That's not what happened for us in October. :confused3

We put our luggage out the night before debarkation and collected them in the luggage hall. We cleared customs, then brought them out with us to the buses. When we got to our hotel at WDW, we had to leave all our "stuff" with Bell Services because our room wasn't ready yet.

Donald_Quackers
11-04-2010, 06:17 PM
The pp is correct, you pick up your luggage at customs and take them to the bus. Then you collect them at the resort and take them to your room if it is ready or leave with bell services until it is ready.

disneystick
11-04-2010, 06:27 PM
The pp is correct, you pick up your luggage at customs and take them to the bus. Then you collect them at the resort and take them to your room if it is ready or leave with bell services until it is ready.

That is what we did 2 weeks ago.

The night before we got off the ship, we were told to put our luggage in the hallway between 8:30 and 10:30 p.m. We got ours out at 10:15 p.m. And they picked it up. Next time we saw them at the terminal and walked them to customs. And was directed out the door towards a check in point for transportation back to WDW.

However, we were shock to find out, we were not put on one of those large buses - instead we were placed into a 12 passenger van along with a few others going back to WDW. They dropped us off at POR, CBR, BW and BC, in that order. We got to BC around noon and our room was not ready so bell services held on to our luggage, we had lunch at EPCOT and got a text message that our room was ready. Then with our KTTW already in hand...we went to the room, our luggage already there in the room and rested before going back to EPCOT for the evening.

tink,too
11-04-2010, 07:02 PM
We were also taken to WDW in a mini-van. POFQ, CR then AKL - we were the last stop and got to the resort around 11.30am. ;)