View Full Version : early bird gets the best price?

11-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Quick question. We dummy date booked a cruise onboard the Magic for Dec 2011. We are thinking of moving this ressie to a 2012 DD on the dream. My question is if we are even thinking about it should we move it now to lock into a price? Will the price be better now rather than waiting to decide? We know we are not actually taking the 12-04-11 cruise as we cannot pull the kids out of school next time. Please advise.

11-04-2010, 03:47 PM
If you know you are not taking the one in 2011, why not go ahead and move the booking to 2012 now. Pick a date and grab the cabin you want. It is unlikely you will find a lower price as time progresses. Prices will only go up as more and more cabins are booked in a particular category. With the new ships coming on-line, the only Ship/Itinerary I see possibly decreasing in the foreseeable future would be the Magic 7 day itineraries out of Port Canaveral in the first quarter of 2012. Demand and prices could decrease if people hold off to book on the Fantasy. Some 2012 dates for the Fantasy are already getting pricey for inside cabins, since there are not as many as on the Magic and Wonder. I expect the Dream would experience the same thing. If you have to sail when the kids are out of school that will automatically put you into a higher season with higher demand, and that means higher prices, particularly as time progresses and cabins sell. Fuel prices are also going back up, hopefully they will not put a fuel surcharge in place, but they could. You would likely be exempt if you book the date in 2012 now, who knows what will happen if you wait. Just some things to think about. Hope this helps.

11-04-2010, 03:54 PM
We booked a cabin on the Fantasy for June 2012 about two weeks ago (oct 19th). I looked today and the same cabin is $530 more!! It's an 11b.

We also booked a Cat 5c for the same cruise and the price hasn't changed at all.

11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
I'd move it! We actually had 4 dummy bookings for Dec 2011 that I ended up moving to 2012 or other dates back on 10/19/10, since I knew we weren't going to sail in dec 2011!

11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Book as soon as you can.
If the price goes down you can ask for the lower price. If it goes up, then you keep your lower price.

11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks I contacted DU

11-04-2010, 08:56 PM
I would book as soon as you know the cruise dates you want. We booked 2 inside cabins on the June 9th, 2012 Fantasy cruise the 1st day the reservations opened up. I just checked, and the price has gone up $600 per cabin. We saved $1,200 by booking early.

So, good luck and book early!