PDA

View Full Version : Deck differences

rosiep
11-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Is there a noticeable difference between the movement (of the ship) that you feel on the lower decks versus the higher decks?

jeanigor
11-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Is there a noticeable difference between the movement (of the ship) that you feel on the lower decks versus the higher decks?

I believe the theory goes the lower in the ship you are, the less movement you feel.

rosiep
11-04-2010, 03:00 PM
I believe the theory goes the lower in the ship you are, the less movement you feel.

So if the ship has 14 decks, deck 7 will have more than deck 5? GULP!

IWannaBeAMousketeer
11-04-2010, 03:26 PM
We were on a pretty rocky cruise last Nov and I didn't notice any difference from deck to deck. In fact, some of the worst rocking I felt was trying to walk to activities on Deck 3. Our stateroom on deck 8 aft, was no better or worse than anywhere else. I would be more concerned about sea conditions than stateroom placement. Unfortunately, you can't completely anticipate that.

rosiep
11-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Since I have no control over the weather I really am going to have to let go of my worries and enjoy whatever comes my way.....Sailing the Dream in February (my first CRUISE!) and I'm getting jittery....:eek:

jeanigor
11-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Since I have no control over the weather I really am going to have to let go of my worries and enjoy whatever comes my way.....Sailing the Dream in February (my first CRUISE!) and I'm getting jittery....:eek:

You'll be fine Rosie.:flower3::flower3::flower3:

rosiep
11-04-2010, 04:43 PM
You'll be fine Rosie.:flower3::flower3::flower3:

Thanks Todd :hug: Wally said he's gonna beat my behind if I don't stop worrying!!

(it's a joke folks...no worries)

mark_bert
11-09-2010, 12:23 PM
You will generally find more movement due to fore and aft location then deck location. Midship locations will have the least movement with more as you get to the extremes of the bow and stern.

rosiep
11-09-2010, 03:54 PM
You will generally find more movement due to fore and aft location then deck location. Midship locations will have the least movement with more as you get to the extremes of the bow and stern.

Thanks...I tried to get a room as midship as possible :thumbsup2 I did everything I could think of to minimize the chances of discomfort...

Weird thing is I adore traveling by train (Amtrak) my favorite part is the gentle swaying.

jediobiwan
11-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks...I tried to get a room as midship as possible :thumbsup2 I did everything I could think of to minimize the chances of discomfort...

Weird thing is I adore traveling by train (Amtrak) my favorite part is the gentle swaying.
Slightly different scale ;) Hopefully you will be fine :)

rosiep
11-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Slightly different scale ;) Hopefully you will be fine :)

So true! :lmao: Do people even get train sick?

tnshsms
11-09-2010, 11:10 PM
We were on a cruise a couple of years ago(our first at the time) and we were on deck 8 but as midship as we possibly could and didn't feel anything. I get car sick very easily so I thought it was going to be a problem as well. As a PP said, when I went to either the front or back of the ship I could feel myself getting a little sick but I was usually able to get over it. I did worse on our shore excursion boat!