PDA

View Full Version : Pirate night

harrowgirl
11-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Can someone explain what is so great about Pirate night? (I am being serious, not trying to be snarky!)

Everyone seems super excited about it....the only night we can get into Palo is the first night (but it is a big family trip, so we'd like to have our first meal on the ship together), and Pirate night. Not sure if we should cancel Palo, and go to Pirate night instead.

We have 2 little ones. The baby will be 7 months. DD will be almost 2 1/2.

annmorr
11-04-2010, 02:04 PM
I'd suggest skipping the Pirate Party in favor of Palo...... your little ones won't get much out of the party anyway; it's very noisy, a little scary for the baby, and quite late to be keeping up the little ones... you can always put it on your list of things to do next cruise when the kids are a little older...

harrowgirl
11-04-2010, 02:14 PM
I'd suggest skipping the Pirate Party in favor of Palo...... your little ones won't get much out of the party anyway; it's very noisy, a little scary for the baby, and quite late to be keeping up the little ones... you can always put it on your list of things to do next cruise when the kids are a little older...

This is what I suspected - but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something super fab.

Is it worthwhile to go to Pirate night instead of Palo, if the kids will be at flounders or their grandparents? I have been to Palo on our first cruise, and it was pretty amazing!

KingRichard
11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Doesn't Pirate night run late?

It is not over in 30 minutes right?

disneydash
11-04-2010, 02:27 PM
I would take Palo over Pirates every time. The best of both worlds would be to get an earlier Palo reservation which would allow you to take your time and fully enjoy the experience. You could then walk the deck and watch the Pirate Party from above and then view the fireworks. While it is fun for the kids, yours are too young and really would not appreciate it. Have fun.

KSDisneyDad
11-04-2010, 02:56 PM
We like to go to Palo on Pirate night. We schedule an early dinner at Palo and then go to Pirate Night later.

Pirate night is one of those events that we can skip, but we do like to watch the fireworks. I actually like watching them better from a Starboard side balcony. Anyway, Pirate Night doesn't start until around 9:45 with some preparty games, at 10 pm the "party" starts with music and dancing with fireworks around 10:30. Afterwards is a huge buffet, but we never participate in that as we're too full from Palo! The kids are also usually too full as they still go to the regularly scheduled dinner without us (they're obviously older than your kids though!). And if you're really adventerous, you can stay up late and watch one of the Pirates movies on the outdoor movie screen.

harrowgirl
11-04-2010, 03:30 PM
The only reservation we can get at Palo is 6pm - so it sounds like we might get the best of both worlds!

Thanks everyone!

SideshowBob
11-04-2010, 04:26 PM
The only reservation we can get at Palo is 6pm - so it sounds like we might get the best of both worlds!

Thanks everyone!

Excellent... have fun!!!

DisWitt
11-05-2010, 12:11 AM

You won't miss pirate night at all with a 6pm rez. Even if you take your time eating, you'll be done before the show even gets going at 10. DW and I have had 7pm rez's on Pirate night and walked out in time to get a good view on deck 10 for the party and fireworks. Really, as long as you make it out by 10:30, flying Mickey and the fireworks are the best parts.pirate: