PDA

View Full Version : Sam's Club has buy $100 Disney gift card, get $10 one free

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
11-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Saw this at my local Sam's Club and now I'm thinking about buying some for our cruise. I will place a credit card on our account but would Disney not charge it until the end of our cruise? So that I could go down and have them apply the gift cards? That way I can get a 10% discount :banana:

Yay!

noahdove
11-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Oh, this is exciting:) Must search it out:)

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
11-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Every bit helps right? They had a huge display of them at my Sam's! I just need to guestimate how much I'll spend - and probably add 50% :rotfl:

degrapevine
11-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Just wanted to give an update ...

I bought two of the $100 Disney gift cards (good at all the parks, stores, and on cruises) at Sam's this past Sunday and the $10 free gift card is for the Disney Store, not the "generic" Disney one good everywhere Disney. It's still a good deal, but you need to have a store near you or use it online to get your $ worth from it. And it wasn't $100, it was a little less, $98.87 and no tax.

I'll use the gift cards to get some Christmas presents for my nieces and nephews, since my kids are past the Disney toy scene (other than Tron stuff, which we CAN'T WAIT FOR!). Nothing like getting something for free!

Rose :)

seaulater
11-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Every bit helps right? They had a huge display of them at my Sam's! I just need to guestimate how much I'll spend - and probably add 50% :rotfl:

Boy, you are conservative! I was thinking....figure what I will spend....and then double it! :rotfl:

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
11-04-2010, 02:54 PM
LOL :rotfl: I was trying to be good but that thought also crossed my mind!

rhonimouse
11-04-2010, 02:55 PM
do you know if you can combine the $10 Disney Store cards for purchases? I was going to buy these to pay for our dining plan on our upcoming Thanksgiving trip at WDW. I need to buy 15 so I would have $150 in $10 cards for the Disney Store...can I use that all in one purchase or is it for use like $10 off a $25 purchase?

I am trying to decide what is best because since these are $98.87, I would also save about $16 off face value in addition to the $150 in Disney Store cards...but if I can not use the Disney Store cards that way it may be better to buy them at my local Kroger store that gives double fuel points and I could save on gas for the trip....

TIA
Rhonda

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
11-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks for letting me know about the bonus $10 one - that's a bummer as far as using it for the cruise but I could also buy things from disneystore.com so I still like it for my own use.

The Sam's deal is a package that has one $100 gift card and one bonus $10 gift card in it - and you're right I think the price was slightly less but I'd forgotten about that :thumbsup2

Piecey
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Can you not use the gift card at a Disney store to buy a Disney gift card?

ShellyLynn3630
11-04-2010, 05:05 PM
:thumbsup2Exactly what I was thinking.

Dizzyworld
11-04-2010, 06:29 PM

I'm thinking the same thing. :confused3

jediobiwan
11-04-2010, 07:10 PM
If someone who has bought a card at Sams could check if you can use the $10 to buy Disney Gift Cards from the online store please do and let us know!

hopelea
11-04-2010, 07:40 PM
So....is this correct then....I buy the $100 gift card to use on my OBC...then I have a $10 gift card I can use at a disney store....does that mean a disney store in Downtown Disney?? We are going to MVMCP in 2 weeks. I could use the $10 gift card while we are at DISNEY!!!

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
11-04-2010, 07:57 PM

You guys think of everything! I don't have a Disney Store near me but if I could order them, that would be great too!

MTmomma
11-04-2010, 09:25 PM
I am pretty sure you can not purchase a gift card with a gift card. Maybe log into the disney store website, and select a $10 gift card, and see if it will allow you to pay using a gift card.
As for using multiple gift cards in one transaction, it should be possible, and pretty easy..... just slow as you have to type in the serial numbers on all cards.

jediobiwan
11-04-2010, 11:08 PM
I am pretty sure you can not purchase a gift card with a gift card. Maybe log into the disney store website, and select a $10 gift card, and see if it will allow you to pay using a gift card.
As for using multiple gift cards in one transaction, it should be possible, and pretty easy..... just slow as you have to type in the serial numbers on all cards.
Unfortunately it appears you are correct. I tried adding other things than Disney cards and was given the option to pay with a DisneyStore gift card, but not when I had a Disney Card in the cart :( Still, it would help with some christmas shopping to have the Disney Store cards.

disneydad123
11-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Can you use your gift card at the Disney Store to buy Disney Dollars?

I know you can use Disney Dollars for payment towards your on-board account.

ILoveDisney&Cruising
11-06-2010, 02:31 PM

I don't know if they sell Disney Dollars anymore ... I think the Disney Store only sells Disney Gift Cards now :confused3

I think I read that Disney Dollars are available for purchase somewhere online. Whether you can use gift cards for those, I don't know.

Oh, the games they make us play ... :lmao:

miabellarose
11-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Do either of the $100 gift card or the $10 gift card have an expiration date?

fires_grumpy
11-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Was at our Sam`s today on Sawmill rd in Columbus, Oh. They did not have them and never heard of them. The guy ask a couple other workers if they knew. The answer was still no. So I guess it a no for this Sams a couple more to check out before giving up.

MemphisMickey
11-07-2010, 08:08 AM
I looked for them at two clubs here in Memphis and couldn't find them either.

Karen

AmandaRG
11-07-2010, 08:20 AM

Karen

Bummer! Thanks for posting, though. It saves me a trip!

MichaelG
11-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the Memphis Info... We're set for WDW & DCL over Thanksgiving and I'd love a ~10% discount. If I find them at the Southaven store I'll post it.

Rambler5678
11-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Not available in the Savannah Ga area either.

COASTIEandMATE
11-07-2010, 11:19 AM
:surfweb:Boy, you are conservative! I was thinking....figure what I will spend....and then double it! :rotfl:

Hello Seaulater! I am so glad you posted since I am too new to the boards to PM. We are going on the May 3 North to Alaska Cruise with you and I read that you are going to organize a scrapbooking meet. I would love to attend, sounds like so much fun!! Please add me, Karen, to your list! Looking forward to meeting you, Mahalo and Aloha COASTIEandMATE

MemphisMickey
11-07-2010, 11:43 AM
The two Memphis clubs I checked and they didn't have them were Wolfchase area club and the club on Covinton Pike. If anyone checks the GetWell or Winchester location let me know.

Karen

jediobiwan
11-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't doubt that they don't have any the places you guys checked, but I looked at mine and while they have them, they were not with the normal gift card section. In mine, they are on a full pallet display and they were at the end of the aisle that separates the entrance and exit doors (like where they put all the special stuff). So look around for a displa, not just at the gift card section. I'm sure not all of them will be at the end of the entrance aisle, they could be anwyere in the major aisles even or as end caps.

BBQMommy
11-07-2010, 05:19 PM
I asked at our Sam's in Middle TN and they looked at me like I had two heads and they were both crazy. :upsidedow

fires_grumpy
11-07-2010, 06:28 PM
DW and I looked all over the store and no cards. I will look again before we leave in Dec.Like I said in my 1st post we ask workers there and they looked to. :confused3

Nancy F
11-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Just wanted to give an update ...

I bought two of the $100 Disney gift cards (good at all the parks, stores, and on cruises) at Sam's this past Sunday and the $10 free gift card is for the Disney Store, not the "generic" Disney one good everywhere Disney. It's still a good deal, but you need to have a store near you or use it online to get your $ worth from it. And it wasn't $100, it was a little less, $98.87 and no tax.

I'll use the gift cards to get some Christmas presents for my nieces and nephews, since my kids are past the Disney toy scene (other than Tron stuff, which we CAN'T WAIT FOR!). Nothing like getting something for free!

Rose :)

Can you use the $10.00 cards in Disney World or not??? It would pay for me to get a bunch of them if I can use the $10.00 in the parks.
Nancy:confused3

GOOFY D
11-07-2010, 09:44 PM
None at a Sam's in New Orleans' area.

ILoveDisney&Cruising
11-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Can you use the $10.00 cards in Disney World or not??? It would pay for me to get a bunch of them if I can use the $10.00 in the parks.
Nancy:confused3

I'm pretty sure the $10 gift cards are only good at the Disney Store - 2 of them in Orlando (but not WDW) or across the U.S. ... or I think someone said you can also use them at disneystore.com

jediobiwan
11-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Correct, the extra ten is only for Disney store and disneystore.com. However, if you know you are going to pick up several hundred dollars you can use the extra ten for Christmas gifts! Here is a picture I went and took for people to hopefully have an easier time finding them:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/jediobiwan/e995fc25.jpg

diane648
11-08-2010, 07:45 AM
This item was included in the Sam's club holiday catalog that was mailed recently, so if your store doesn't have them yet, I would expect they should be getting them.

COASTIEandMATE
11-08-2010, 10:16 AM
:surfweb:

Hello Seaulater! I am so glad you posted since I am too new to the boards to PM. We are going on the May 3 North to Alaska Cruise with you and I read that you are going to organize a scrapbooking meet. I would love to attend, sounds like so much fun!! Please add me, Karen, to your list! Looking forward to meeting you, Mahalo and Aloha COASTIEandMATE
Oops!! I got my signals crossed. we are on the wonderful west coast repo with you! Still want to join your scrapbooking meet!! ALOHA Karen

ILoveDisney&Cruising
11-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Here is a picture I went and took for people to hopefully have an easier time finding them:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/jediobiwan/e995fc25.jpg

Woo hoo! Thanks for the heads-up! I'm headed there later today. Hopefully the Dulles, VA store has them in already.

I just picked up some last night at Wegmans (wanted only $25 cards for stocking stuffers) and they had the cute new holiday design on them! :santa:

Hygiene99
11-08-2010, 11:38 AM
You maybe able to get rid of the $10 gift card here.

http://www.giftcardrescue.com/sell/new

ILoveDisney&Cruising
11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I went to the Dulles, VA Sam's Club this afternoon.

After searching high & low on their gift card kiosks, I found 6 of them.

Took them to customer service and asked them to check their computer to see if they had more. She came out on to the sales floor and looked at every kiosk I already looked at - guess she didn't trust me (there were 3 misc. gift card kiosks ... no nice, huge Disney display like pictured above, yet). Then she got a manager involved. They looked somewhere in the office. Then came back and said the person who would know where they are hiding is not working today and to check back tomorrow, but their computer says they have them ...... somewhere. :rotfl:

I also just called other area Sam's Clubs:

Frederick, MD - the item # is not yet listed in their system
Gaithersburg, MD - they have the cards in their system and when I asked her to check to see how many before I drove over there, she said that after checking another computer, it shows that they're due to be delivered to the store tonight.

The item # is 712598 - Disney Gift Card for $98.87 ... in case you want to call any of your local Sam's Clubs before venturing out.

Thank you, OP - for letting us know to be on the lookout! :)

hayanyujah847
11-08-2010, 10:52 PM
The item # is 712598 - Disney Gift Card for $98.87 ... in case you want to call any of your local Sam's Clubs before venturing out.

Super helpful! Thanks!

SILLYANDI
11-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Glendora California has them! Picked up $1000 worth today (that should cover our booze tab for the cruise:rolleyes1) AND I can re gift the $10 cards for Christmas! SCORE! and thanks!

Inkmahm
11-09-2010, 12:34 AM

No, you can't buy disney dollars or disney gift cards with disney store gift cards. I asked this question directly to the Disney Store just a few weeks ago.

KingRichard
11-09-2010, 09:24 AM
No, you can't buy disney dollars or disney gift cards with disney store gift cards. I asked this question directly to the Disney Store just a few weeks ago.

What about park passes/tickets?

SILLYANDI
11-09-2010, 09:31 AM
You maybe able to get rid of the $10 gift card here.

http://www.giftcardrescue.com/sell/new

They only take $20 or more..and they offer $14 cash or $14.40 amazon giftcard in exchange for the $20.

ljm23
11-09-2010, 10:06 AM

I called a disney store in Palisades NY and they said YES! That's awesome. Heading to Sams with to stock up to pay off my cruise then use the $10 cards to buy park passes!

KingRichard
11-09-2010, 10:45 AM
I called a disney store in Palisades NY and they said YES! That's awesome. Heading to Sams with to stock up to pay off my cruise then use the $10 cards to buy park passes!

Thanks and a good idea.

We are going to be spending $1200 of tickets for WDW and what ever on the cruise. Every little bit helps.

Piecey
11-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Random question, but if I bought these to put towards our cruise would it make us ineligible to get the Disney Visa OBC since I paid a portion with a gift card? (We made our deposit with the Disney Visa)... just curious.

I might get 1 or 2... but don't want to be "stuck" with them...

Magix
11-09-2010, 02:42 PM

I believe that store was wrong. The packaging and the DS card say it can't be used toward the purchase of theme park passes.

slcmom
11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
OK, I'm going to sound like an idiot here (but I'm fairly used to it:lmao:)

You know that high-end outlet mall that has a high-end Disney discount store in Orlando (not the lower-end outlet mall with the lower-end Disney discount store). I don't remember the names of either of the malls right now....Anyway, I think that the 1st disney store is run by the Disney folk. So would the gift cards be redeemable there? I love that store!

Inkmahm
11-09-2010, 06:56 PM

Nope, not those either.

Inkmahm
11-09-2010, 06:58 PM

Check again in case you got a store person who didn't really know the answer. I was told "no."

terimac
11-09-2010, 07:02 PM
It's too bad we can't buy them with our Disney visa to get the reward bucks! :sad2: That really would've been bonus!

MemphisMickey
11-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Those in the Memphis area, I saw the cards today at the Wolfchase Sam's Club. They were in the mail isle leading back to the bakery area.

Karen

~Brandy~
11-27-2010, 08:49 PM
My closest Sam's (Shakopee, MN) did not have these today. Has anybody seen these elsewhere in the Twin Cities metro?

alexandmaddie
11-27-2010, 10:00 PM
My closest Sam's (Shakopee, MN) did not have these today. Has anybody seen these elsewhere in the Twin Cities metro?

Both the Woodbury and Fridley Sam's Clubs have them. I bought 25 of them. :rolleyes1

TamieH
11-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Can they be used at the huge Disney Store at Downtown Disney? We usually spend a bundle there and seems like we get a 10% discount there when using our Disney Visa.

Also, our local Dillons grocery store is offering 4x's gas points with the purchase of any of their gift cards including the Disney cards. I bought all of my holiday gift cards, Disney stocking stuffers cards for the kids, Disney gift cards for Valentines Day & Easter and a $250 Disney Card for us in preparation for our Dream trip in May. I used my Disney Visa, so got the extra bonus there too. This special is good through 12/11, so I plan to buy additional cards to pay for the cruise before it ends.

KrisannB
11-28-2010, 03:42 PM

Karen

They are in the Jackson, TN Sams Club now

Hanover
11-28-2010, 08:31 PM
We bought 10 from Sam's in Frederick, MD today. They didn't have them at the Sam's in Cockeysville, MD as of Wednesday of last week.

tinkerbelle77
11-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Anyone seen these in the Chicago area? I have asked about them at a few locations and even had them check inventory.

DisneyPeterson
11-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Can the $100 gift card be used towards park tickets? I understand the $10 one but hopefully the $100 one will be. Thanks!

Princes_Traci
11-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Can the $100 gift card be used towards park tickets? I understand the $10 one but hopefully the $100 one will be. Thanks!
Yes, the $100 gift cards can be used toward park tickets. :)

shera
11-29-2010, 03:14 PM
can the 100 card be used to pay off the rest of a disney world trip package?

bzzelady
11-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Let me ask a "just suppose" question...

If you use multiple gift cards to pay off a cruise and then something happens that you are unable to cruise (providing that one cancels before the final pay date), how would the refund be handled? Does it come back to the gift cards? Would DCL send me a gift card with the entire balance back or would I need to save the multiple $100 cards that I used to pay off the cruise for those $$$ to be put back on?

I know this sounds like a dumb question...but I was just curious.

mommy2chloentori
11-29-2010, 08:42 PM
I read somewhere, that it would be refunded to the cards, so you would have to keep the cards.

mommy2chloentori
11-29-2010, 08:43 PM
can the 100 card be used to pay off the rest of a disney world trip package?

I don't see why not...

bzzelady
11-30-2010, 06:48 AM
Thanks!! I'll just put the cards in a safe place until after the trip, just to be certain. We can always use Disney gift cards :goodvibes

DisneyPeterson
12-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Here is the terms of the Disney Store gift card.

Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card Terms and Conditions:

Use of the Card is acceptance of its terms and conditions.

1. Protect your Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card and treat it as you would cash.
2. Expiration date may apply, see front of Card for expiration date. If no expiration date is indicated, the Card does not expire.
3. You may use the Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card only towards the purchase of merchandise items at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store retail locations in U.S.
4. The Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card is not accepted on purchases at DisneyOutlet.com, Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store or any World of Disney location.
5. The Card may not be used with any other merchandise discounts, including but not limited to Cast Member discounts.
6. Except and only to the extent required by law, no portion of the Card balances will be redeemed for cash.
7. The terms of acceptance of the Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card by DisneyStore.com and participating Disney Store Retail locations in U.S. may vary, check with individual locations for Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card program participation details.
8. The Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card will not be replaced if lost or stolen, except as may be required by law.
9. No refunds or returns of the Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card, except as may be required by law.
10. All applicable taxes relating to the Card and the use of the Card is the sole responsibility of Card user.
11. A damaged Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card will only be replaced if the original card is presented to guest relations.
12. The Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card may not be resold in any manner whatsoever.
13. The Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney Dollars, gift certificates/cards or Theme Park passes.
14. The Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card is issued by and represents an obligation of Disney Gift Card Services, Inc.
15. The Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card is not a credit or debit card and carries no warranties, express or implied.
16. Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card.
17. You may check the remaining balance of your Disney Store Bonus Shopping Card at any time by calling 1-877-650-4327

Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. reserves the right to modify, alter, amend or change the terms and conditions of the program without advance notice.

DisneyPeterson
12-10-2010, 01:11 AM
I called to make sure that the cards were all activated but I got an error message on all of the Bonus Disney Store cards. Has anyone else had this problem?

IheartAriel
12-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Anyone seen these in the Chicago area? I have asked about them at a few locations and even had them check inventory.

I just picked up $2200 worth at the Sam's club in Hanover Park, right on Barrington Rd.

I went to the Walmart next store, bought a Walmart gift with my Disney Visa. So I got the $220 in Disney Store gift cards along with my Disney Visa points. :)

IheartAriel
12-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I called to make sure that the cards were all activated but I got an error message on all of the Bonus Disney Store cards. Has anyone else had this problem?

I did the same thing, have you had any luck?

tinkerbelle77
12-16-2010, 12:12 AM
I just picked up $2200 worth at the Sam's club in Hanover Park, right on Barrington Rd.

I went to the Walmart next store, bought a Walmart gift with my Disney Visa. So I got the $220 in Disney Store gift cards along with my Disney Visa points. :)

Thanks, I found them last week at the Hodgkins Sams. We bought $1000 worth!

KrisannB
12-16-2010, 12:14 AM
I too have purchased cards this week - $3300 worth. I would have done like you and bought a gift card at walmart BUT $33 is not enough to make me break my almost 3 years of not shopping at Walmart. Yes I shop at Sam's but it is a customer service issue for me with Walmart.

So I have purchased my cards and have paid off both cabins for our Feb. cruise. I had no problems except that I had to call them in to use them and not do them online as it would not let me - but no big deal - took about 20 minutes.

I have also already used $110 worth of my disney shopping cards for one order and have another $210 order ready to go. I would not worry about if the cards are having an error when you are trying to check the balance online - I got errors trying to use one online, just called in and had no problem at all.

One tip - if you use them for online shopping you have to enter one card, then your credit card, submit the order, wait for your confirmation email, then call in and have them add the other cards to the order. It is an extra step BUT Disney/Sams gave me almost $370 worth of free money ($33+ from only paying 98.83 per $100 - so while that is not a lot when buying ONE card - it sure adds up when you buy 33 of them!)

I am very happy with the small amount of extra time it took me to do the transactions for me to make $370 - and so far have had no trouble spending the gift cards at disneyshopping.com - I am getting things like Wii games, ornaments, games, bags, etc. - I wish I had not already bought my D&B wristlet as I could have used the money to treat myself to one of those - instead I got a set of Mickey Candy Cane headband ears!

Krisann

IheartAriel
12-16-2010, 12:39 AM
I too have purchased cards this week - $3300 worth. I would have done like you and bought a gift card at walmart BUT $33 is not enough to make me break my almost 3 years of not shopping at Walmart. Yes I shop at Sam's but it is a customer service issue for me with Walmart.

So I have purchased my cards and have paid off both cabins for our Feb. cruise. I had no problems except that I had to call them in to use them and not do them online as it would not let me - but no big deal - took about 20 minutes.

I have also already used $110 worth of my disney shopping cards for one order and have another $210 order ready to go. I would not worry about if the cards are having an error when you are trying to check the balance online - I got errors trying to use one online, just called in and had no problem at all.

One tip - if you use them for online shopping you have to enter one card, then your credit card, submit the order, wait for your confirmation email, then call in and have them add the other cards to the order. It is an extra step BUT Disney/Sams gave me almost $370 worth of free money ($33+ from only paying 98.83 per $100 - so while that is not a lot when buying ONE card - it sure adds up when you buy 33 of them!)

I am very happy with the small amount of extra time it took me to do the transactions for me to make $370 - and so far have had no trouble spending the gift cards at disneyshopping.com - I am getting things like Wii games, ornaments, games, bags, etc. - I wish I had not already bought my D&B wristlet as I could have used the money to treat myself to one of those - instead I got a set of Mickey Candy Cane headband ears!

Krisann

Ok so maybe I just need to attempt a purchase and then make a call to add the other cards. I'm totally fine with taking a few minutes to save me some money. Thanks for the info. :)

KrisannB
12-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Ok so maybe I just need to attempt a purchase and then make a call to add the other cards. I'm totally fine with taking a few minutes to save me some money. Thanks for the info. :)

yes it would not let me do it if I selected multiple cards (and then even if it had it only had room for 3 cards) so I called and asked what to do and that is what they told me to do. They do not charge your credit card until it ships so as long as you call in and put the cards on before it goes to shipping it will not charge your credit card. I placed my order in the morning and called in in the afternoon of the same day.

Krisann

Schachteles
12-27-2010, 01:26 PM
I am going in tomorrow to get 15 of them to pay off our Alaska cruise...now I am wondering...I want to use the $10 Disney Store cards to get a new Dooney purse, will I be able to call in and use all 15 cards towards the purchase or does Disney limit the number of cards? THANKS!

ljm23
12-27-2010, 03:08 PM

I'm sorry but I don't understand this. Did you buy at $2200 walmart gift card with your Disney Visa then go to Sams and use it to buy the Disney store gift cards?

mlipreston
12-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Last week I went to our Sams and they were all out. Is anyone still seeing these out there?

Macavity
12-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Last week I went to our Sams and they were all out. Is anyone still seeing these out there?

I was in a Sams club in San Antonio (its the one thats sorta by DeSavalia off I-10 <-- I'm not from San Anotnio so thats the best way I can describe where it was)) yesterday and they had a bunch

krispykreme97
12-27-2010, 08:31 PM

I got a few for my cruise last week (not enough) and they had a few left they had put them on the regular gift card rack instead of the disney rack!

KrisannB
12-27-2010, 08:37 PM
had bought 33 to pay off one set of cruises (b2b, 2 cabins) and then went back today and bought more for OBC and to pay for a room/package at WDW. It was great - I bought lots of Christmas gifts with the bonus cards from disneyshopping.com. Was very pleased.

Krisann

Schachteles
12-30-2010, 11:39 AM

I went to the Sam's Club by our house yesterday and they had to have 50 of the cards left, they were on the stand with all the other gift cards, wish I had more money to buy them, so I got 10, might stop today and get 5 more. The kid checking me out said someone came in the other day and bought 50 of them :scared1:. Wish they had them when I started to pay off our cruise, I would have done it. I will be happy if I get the chance to buy enough so that I can use the free $10 GCs to get a Dooney purse :banana:!

mlipreston
12-30-2010, 02:12 PM
I went to the Sam's Club by our house yesterday and they had to have 50 of the cards left, they were on the stand with all the other gift cards, wish I had more money to buy them, so I got 10, might stop today and get 5 more. The kid checking me out said someone came in the other day and bought 50 of them :scared1:. Wish they had them when I started to pay off our cruise, I would have done it. I will be happy if I get the chance to buy enough so that I can use the free $10 GCs to get a Dooney purse :banana:!

I went to another Sams Club and nothing. Are they in a package with both cards? Trying to see exactly what I am looking for. Thank you for the info.

Schachteles
12-30-2010, 02:26 PM
I went to another Sams Club and nothing. Are they in a package with both cards? Trying to see exactly what I am looking for. Thank you for the info.

They are in a package together, it is a light blue pack and it has a winter scene with the Disney characters on it, building a snowman. I will try to post pictures tonight of it.

suevr
12-30-2010, 02:26 PM

In our store here in Georgia, they used to be on their own huge stand on the end of an aisle, but as it got closer to Christmas they moved them onto the stands with all the other gift cards, right at the front of the store before you get to the checkout. They pretty much look like all the other gift cards hanging there, and I didn't notice them at first. Both cards are packaged inside the cardboard holder, and the background is light blue. There's a picture of Mickey on the bottom right hand side and the left hand side says Disney gift card. Above that is a picture of the card, with all the Disney characters on it. Hope that helps!

mlipreston
12-30-2010, 02:35 PM
They are in a package together, it is a light blue pack and it has a winter scene with the Disney characters on it, building a snowman. I will try to post pictures tonight of it.

In our store here in Georgia, they used to be on their own huge stand on the end of an aisle, but as it got closer to Christmas they moved them onto the stands with all the other gift cards, right at the front of the store before you get to the checkout. They pretty much look like all the other gift cards hanging there, and I didn't notice them at first. Both cards are packaged inside the cardboard holder, and the background is light blue. There's a picture of Mickey on the bottom right hand side and the left hand side says Disney gift card. Above that is a picture of the card, with all the Disney characters on it. Hope that helps!

Thank you both for the quick response. Since i have a better understanding what I'm looking for I will try a couple more where I live.

suevr
12-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Thank you both for the quick response. Since i have a better understanding what I'm looking for I will try a couple more where I live.

I haven't been back to Sam's since before Christmas, but I fully expect that they'll be moved again. Just ask where they've got all the gift cards if you can't find them. :)

suevr
12-30-2010, 10:57 PM
I haven't been back to Sam's since before Christmas, but I fully expect that they'll be moved again. Just ask where they've got all the gift cards if you can't find them. :)

Well, I went in to Sam's tonight and all of the gift cards are gone. I asked and they said they took them away after Christmas. Luckily I bought them before Christmas because I had the feeling that would happen.

Schachteles
12-31-2010, 12:09 AM
This is what they look like, sorry the picture isn't great, it is taken with my phone.

Here is a link to the picture, I cannot get it loaded on the board for the life of me...http://flic.kr/p/9687WN

I went tonight and got 4 more. I hope they keep having them in the coming weeks, my Dooney bag is calling my name!

mlipreston
12-31-2010, 12:41 AM
This is what they look like, sorry the picture isn't great, it is taken with my phone.

Here is a link to the picture, I cannot get it loaded on the board for the life of me...http://flic.kr/p/9687WN

I went tonight and got 4 more. I hope they keep having them in the coming weeks, my Dooney bag is calling my name!

Thanks for taking the picture. After your description earlier I went to my 3rd Sams Club and jumped for joy because they had about 60 of them. Woo Hoo! :woohoo: I got 11 and will probably go back to get enough to pay the cruise off since I already had the money for the cruise just sitting there. Now I can purchase some stuff with the free Disneystore gift cards. Thanks again for your help and thanks to the person that started this thread!

Schachteles
12-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Thanks for taking the picture. After your description earlier I went to my 3rd Sams Club and jumped for joy because they had about 60 of them. Woo Hoo! :woohoo: I got 11 and will probably go back to get enough to pay the cruise off since I already had the money for the cruise just sitting there. Now I can purchase some stuff with the free Disneystore gift cards. Thanks again for your help and thanks to the person that started this thread!

Glad that you found some, wish I found them MONTHS ago when I was paying our expensive cruise, I could have gotten THREE Dooney purses. But now I am hoping the might have them for a little bit, so I can buy cards to use for our on board account.

ddsmommy
01-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Just thought I would bump to let people know that these are still out there! I purchased 34 today (Jan. 6) from the Fridley, MN Sam's Club and there were quite a few left.

My DH noticed them prior to Christmas at the Sam's nearest us, when he went yesterday they were out of the GC. He called around today and found them in Fridley. They also told him that if they didn't have enough - they would look up when I got there to see where there were more located locally.

Just thought I would share and let people know the deal's not dead yet.

Anyone, used them at WDW anywhere or only Disney Stores outside of WDW?

Schachteles
01-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Just thought I would bump to let people know that these are still out there! I purchased 34 today (Jan. 6) from the Fridley, MN Sam's Club and there were quite a few left.

My DH noticed them prior to Christmas at the Sam's nearest us, when he went yesterday they were out of the GC. He called around today and found them in Fridley. They also told him that if they didn't have enough - they would look up when I got there to see where there were more located locally.

Just thought I would share and let people know the deal's not dead yet.

Anyone, used them at WDW anywhere or only Disney Stores outside of WDW?

Glad you found some, glad to hear that Fridley has them, if I need to get more, I can run there, I am going to hit Apple Valley tomorrow to get a couple more. Sure wish they were going to be a thing that they kept.

I secretly thought that I could just "borrow" all the ones that they have and then each time I go in just pull out the ones I want to activate out of my purse and buy them. Would that be wrong? :rotfl::rotfl:

Schachteles
01-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I went into my Sam's Club store today and the gift card rack was GONE! So I luckily saw a manager and asked him. He said that they are getting a new rack and that Disney Gift Cards WILL be on it. So I hope he is right, but he did say that he would go get me some of the GC's because they had them up in their office, I wanted 3, but he brought down 7 and I asked him if I could take the four extra and then come in next week and buy those and he said, heck yeah, so I did. My FREE Dooney purse will be mine SOON! Good luck everyone.

auntlynne
02-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Feb 1 - they were still available at our local Sam's Club. I calculated how many I needed to get a D&B purse for my sister and left the rest for some other lucky shopper. They are with the other gift cards.

auntlynne
02-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Feb 1 - they were still available at our local Sam's Club. I calculated how many bonus cards I needed to get a D&B purse for my sister and left the rest for some other lucky shopper. They are with the other gift cards.

ibouncetoo
02-05-2011, 12:51 AM
I wonder if they have them at Costco???? :rolleyes1

GAGirlInVA
02-05-2011, 12:55 AM
I bought 16 today. Had the cashier studdering and stammering all over himself. :confused3

I need a few more so I'll have to hit up another Sams. I bought the other store out.

GAGirlInVA
02-05-2011, 01:00 AM
I wonder if they have them at Costco???? :rolleyes1

I didn't see any. But I did see some for Universal.

stampinot
02-05-2011, 08:16 AM
to this and I read the first part of this thread. We can use the gift card itself on the cruise and the 10.00 gift card has to be used through a disney store?
Thanks

loving _life
02-05-2011, 09:15 AM
:

allonte
02-05-2011, 12:58 PM
:woohoo::yay:

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::thumbsup2

You know we're all insane right?!?!

LOL! I need to go get 6 more! That's 14 in all.

bam
02-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Just wanted to make sure you know that the bonus $10 gift card for Disney Stores is NOT good at the Disney Store in Downtown Disney. We had a ton of stuff to purchase and they wouldn't accept them. Went to guest services and they said their store is different than the Disney stores in the mall. IThey are only good to use in select mall locations and on line. Also, If you use on-line it is only 1 gift card per transaction unless you call after placing your order and have them apply the additional cards. It was a big hassle!

GAGirlInVA
02-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Just wanted to make sure you know that the bonus $10 gift card for Disney Stores is NOT good at the Disney Store in Downtown Disney. We had a ton of stuff to purchase and they wouldn't accept them. Went to guest services and they said their store is different than the Disney stores in the mall. IThey are only good to use in select mall locations and on line. Also, If you use on-line it is only 1 gift card per transaction unless you call after placing your order and have them apply the additional cards. It was a big hassle!

Considering it was a FREE $10 we weren't bothered in the least by calling after placing our order online.

I'm about to put my shoes on and hit up another Sams. I need a few more to pay off our April trip. :)

LIFERBABE
02-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I used my $100 Gift Cards on the MV Dream!:thumbsup2 Went at 2 am and no line, so was able to pay off our stateroom account.

Will use the $10 gift cards to order D&B online.:thumbsup2

NC State Tigger
02-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Can you use them in the Disney Store or on line to purchase tickets?

I can use the gift card to pay the balance on our resort at check in---correct?

It would be great to be able to use the "free" cards towards payment on our tickets.

If I were to save them for a future cruise, could the "free" cards be used in the gift shop on the ship?

TIA

LIFERBABE
02-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Can you use them in the Disney Store or on line to purchase tickets?

I can use the gift card to pay the balance on our resort at check in---correct?

It would be great to be able to use the "free" cards towards payment on our tickets.

If I were to save them for a future cruise, could the "free" cards be used in the gift shop on the ship?

TIA
No the $10 "Free" cards cannot be used at Parks, Resorts, or DCL. No tickets or gift cards. Plan on using them at Disney Stores in the mall or online and for merchandise only.

mafpi
02-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Hey everybody. Thought I would share what I did. Costco has a deal for DISNEYLAND. Get a 4 day hopper ticket and a $50 gift card for $200. I purchased 6 of them Then I let everybody that I know that I was selling single day admission hopper tickets for $50 a day. They just had to give the ticket back to me. I sold every day I had. So I received $200 for each ticket I had. So I basically got 6 $50 gift cards for free. Then I used the gift cards for payments toward my cruise. So I basically made $300. Now it took a little bit of work and managing the tickets. Also about six weeks. Also you can only deal with people you know, since you need the ticket back. I also told them that if they lost the ticket, they would have to owe me the days left on the ticket x $50. No problems what so ever. I had 24 happy people and $300 towards the cruise. WELL WORTH IT

Silverfox97
02-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Went to Sam's Club last night and they still have this deal -- LOVE it. $100 Disney gift card + $10 Disney Store shopping card for $98.87. I plan on using it for an excursion on our 7 night Western in Oct!!! :banana:

I'd like to get 1 or 2 more.....

Schachteles
02-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know if I could go to Walmart and use my Disney Visa card to buy a Walmart/Sam's Club gift card and use that gift card at Sam's Club to get the Disney gift card?? :confused3

ljm23
02-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Yes, walmart gift cards are valid at Sam's club, just used one there the other day.

Schachteles
02-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Yes, walmart gift cards are valid at Sam's club, just used one there the other day.

And you can use those gift cards to buy a gift card? I ask because I know you can do that at Walgreens, but you can't at CVS.

TLSnell1981
02-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Hey everybody. Thought I would share what I did. Costco has a deal for DISNEYLAND. Get a 4 day hopper ticket and a $50 gift card for $200.

Just got back from Disneyland and bought 4 day passes. Wish I'd seen your post beforehand. Bummer.

seven2go
02-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Could you use the gift cards towards the deposit on a rebooking while onboard?
I guess so? If so, that would be an idea....

Chief71
02-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Yes gift cards are allowed for bookings. We are actually paying for our cruise in 8K in gift cards. Our Daughter's go to Catholic School and we have to purchase at least 5K in gift cards to get reduced tuition.

For the Sam's club questions you can use a Sam's club or Walmart Gift card to buy a Disney or any other gift card.....We do this very often

vacamomma
03-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Bump! These giftcards are still available at Sam's Clubs in Utah. I just bought five today :woohoo:

Faith&Hope
03-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Hey everybody. Thought I would share what I did. Costco has a deal for DISNEYLAND. Get a 4 day hopper ticket and a $50 gift card for $200. I purchased 6 of them Then I let everybody that I know that I was selling single day admission hopper tickets for $50 a day. They just had to give the ticket back to me. I sold every day I had. So I received $200 for each ticket I had. So I basically got 6 $50 gift cards for free. Then I used the gift cards for payments toward my cruise. So I basically made $300. Now it took a little bit of work and managing the tickets. Also about six weeks. Also you can only deal with people you know, since you need the ticket back. I also told them that if they lost the ticket, they would have to owe me the days left on the ticket x $50. No problems what so ever. I had 24 happy people and $300 towards the cruise. WELL WORTH IT

I was told that the same person had to use the ticket all 4 times! I think it actually says it on the back of the card. I thought maybe you have to have a pic taken or show ID on the name on the card. We passed these up and bought an annual pass which was a mistake! I guess there's always next year, right?!?!?

mafpi
03-28-2011, 11:30 PM
I was told that the same person had to use the ticket all 4 times! I think it actually says it on the back of the card. I thought maybe you have to have a pic taken or show ID on the name on the card. We passed these up and bought an annual pass which was a mistake! I guess there's always next year, right?!?!?

Yes, it does "say that". But as of now they do not check. That is why you see so many partially used tickets on ebay.

Faith&Hope
03-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Oh my goodness! Can 2 people use it on the same day? Probably not cuz they scan them. What if you passed it through the fence to someone else? My family is coming to visit this summer and tickets are going to be SO expensive. I've tried figuring out how the tickets from Costco could work.

I know you can buy the Costco tickets and when they are used, you can apply the value (like $150) to an annual pass (of course, I found out after we got our passes). Do you know if you can apply the value to upgrade a pass that you already have after using the 4 tickets? We have a limited pass.

SteelersLover
03-29-2011, 01:03 PM
I purchased 17 gift cards this past month from Sams (and will buy more as time passes). I have two cruises booked. So I used some to pay for one cruise and am holding others for on board stuff and the pre cruise trip to WDW. I then took the $170.00 in disney Store cards to the mall to buy surprise gifts for my DS7 (to pull out while we are on the Dream) and then a couple birthday gifts for my nieces.. Thanks for the heads up. I fouund out about these cards on Disboards!:woohoo:

harleys mom
03-29-2011, 06:20 PM
This worked so wel!!!! I purchased $3000 in gift cards, and then payed off my trip this summer with them. Now I have $300 to make purchses on line to have suprizes for my neices and nephew when we get there...

I entered them on line and have already received an invoice with the new balence.

DIS_MERI
03-29-2011, 06:43 PM
This worked so wel!!!! I purchased $3000 in gift cards, and then payed off my trip this summer with them. Now I have $300 to make purchses on line to have suprizes for my neices and nephew when we get there...

I entered them on line and have already received an invoice with the new balence.

I hope you didn't clean out the Sam's on Rockville :scared1: I still wanted to get cards there ;)

robin19871
03-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Can someone let me know where they can be used at the parks.. I am late to the game and will be cruising on the Dream, however my cruise is paid for..Can I use them at all the places to eat including CS and Signature at WDW? Also can I use them to shop at the WDW parks? Just trying to buy enough to get us thru the 10 days and do not want to buy what we can not use...Thanks

Schachteles
03-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Can someone let me know where they can be used at the parks.. I am late to the game and will be cruising on the Dream, however my cruise is paid for..Can I use them at all the places to eat including CS and Signature at WDW? Also can I use them to shop at the WDW parks? Just trying to buy enough to get us thru the 10 days and do not want to buy what we can not use...Thanks

They can be used anywhere that takes Disney GCs. I am buying a bunch to apply to my on board account for excursions.

robin19871
03-30-2011, 04:15 PM
They can be used anywhere that takes Disney GCs. I am buying a bunch to apply to my on board account for excursions.

Thanks, but do all WDW restaurants take GC's? Even counter service? Thanks

thepoohguy
03-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Well, I know it's not as good as a return, but I buy my gift cards at Kroger. For every $100 in Gift cards, I get 20 cents off a gallon of gas at a Kroger gas station, up to $1.00 off a gallon. Also, Kroger allows you to use a credit card to purchase these gift cards, so you can use a reward card and get points as well.

Since I don't have a Disney Store near me (different rant), I prefer this as it is nice to buy gas for only $2.49 when everywhere it's $3.49.

Did this for my recent trip to WDW and now doing this for DCL for next year.

TinyG
03-30-2011, 11:16 PM
I tried to buy some today, only to get to Sam's 10 minutes into a power outage at the store, tried again 1/2 hour later. Still out. So maybe tomorrow. I am running out of days! SUNDAY:cool1:

1stDisneyCruiseForUs
04-01-2011, 01:07 PM
You guys are the BEST!!!! When I saw this tip rise to the top of the boards a few days ago, I called my local Sam's Club. They said they had a few cards left so I grabbed my mother in law (who has a membership) and went over. They had 70 or so cards left if you can believe it!

So long story short, I am now the proud owner of 45 gift cards! Saved a few bucks off the cost w/ the discount upon buying and how have $450 to spend on souveniers, birthday presents, holidays, etc. Payin' off the cruise - whoo hooo!!!

While I'm excited, my travel agent is being very helpful but less than thrilled. I have been on the phone w/ her for about an hour now trying to get all my cards loaded - poor thing!

Thanks everyone!
Steph

Schachteles
04-01-2011, 01:11 PM
You guys are the BEST!!!! When I saw this tip rise to the top of the boards a few days ago, I called my local Sam's Club. They said they had a few cards left so I grabbed my mother in law (who has a membership) and went over. They had 70 or so cards left if you can believe it!

So long story short, I am now the proud owner of 45 gift cards! Saved a few bucks off the cost w/ the discount upon buying and how have $450 to spend on souveniers, birthday presents, holidays, etc. Payin' off the cruise - whoo hooo!!!

While I'm excited, my travel agent is being very helpful but less than thrilled. I have been on the phone w/ her for about an hour now trying to get all my cards loaded - poor thing!

Thanks everyone!
Steph

Wait till you have to call Disney Shopping to use them...the girl I got was really nice to take like 33 card numbers :rotfl2:

DisneyDream2B
04-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi,
Please clarify for me - may I use gift cards to book a cruise (for deposit)? If using to pay the balance of DCL booking, is this done with a phone call? Can it be done online, or through a travel agent? Once onboard, may the cards be used to pay off the onboard charges? How long are the cards valid, before expiring?
Thanks!

Schachteles
04-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi,
Please clarify for me - may I use gift cards to book a cruise (for deposit)? If using to pay the balance of DCL booking, is this done with a phone call? Can it be done online, or through a travel agent? Once onboard, may the cards be used to pay off the onboard charges? How long are the cards valid, before expiring?
Thanks!

As for paying your deposit: if you are using a TA, they have to call the numbers in to Disney. If you booked thru Disney you can call the cards in or do it online.

Once on board, you can apply them to your room charges, I personally am carrying on about $4000 worth of the cards for our Alaska trip.

They are good forever, unless your state has different laws with gift cards.

DizMagic
04-01-2011, 04:26 PM
ive seen a couple of people posting about purchasing these gift cards with a walmart gift card paid for with their Disney visa. great idea - but one question, why wouldnt i just use my Disney visa to buy the Disney gift cards at Sams? do not all Sams clubs accept visa - mine does?

just checking before i go out this weekend to wipe out my sams club's supply. :)

DVCTigger
04-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Our Sams only accepts MasterCard, so the tip to buy the WalMart GC with my Disnye Visa, then pay for my Sams purchase with those was Great!! Getting the extra rewards points now!
On another note, where besides online can you use the shopping cards?

suevr
04-01-2011, 08:28 PM
ive seen a couple of people posting about purchasing these gift cards with a walmart gift card paid for with their Disney visa. great idea - but one question, why wouldnt i just use my Disney visa to buy the Disney gift cards at Sams? do not all Sams clubs accept visa - mine does?

just checking before i go out this weekend to wipe out my sams club's supply. :)
My Sams doesn't accept Visa either...I figured they were all that way. The Sams gas station accepts it though. I don't know why it's this way but it's annoying. Still, it's better than when they only accepted cash and Discover card.

scatmanjack
05-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Can the main gift cards be used at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney? I know the 'bonus' $10 card won't work but wanted to find out for certain if the $100 ones could be used as payment...

Schachteles
05-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Can the main gift cards be used at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney? I know the 'bonus' $10 card won't work but wanted to find out for certain if the $100 ones could be used as payment...

Yes, the main $100 cards can be used at World of Disney in DTD.

TLSnell1981
05-16-2011, 11:21 AM
My local Sam's has been out of Disney GCs for months. Really, hoping more come in soon.

Nancy F
05-16-2011, 01:30 PM
I just bought up the last gift cards at our Sam's club for my next trip. And I'm using the $210.00 in bonus cards from those and my last two trips at the new Disney Store in Time Square over Memorial and Labor day weekends. I sure hope that they get more in. I find it easier to carry the giftcards in the park than all that cash.

Nancy princess:

DWGal210
06-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Just bought my cards tonight!!! We're not staying on site, doing other Orlando stuff this trip - but we're eating at O'Hana for the 4th of July so I picked up some for that meal. Also an extra for my souvenir shopping at DTD. Yeah!!! We leave in about 3 weeks, oh my goodness!!! :banana:

satorifound
06-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Can you use these cards to pay of a DW vacation as well?

hjghjfghjf
06-24-2011, 01:53 AM
I got the same deal. A $20.00 gift card when I joined but they came to my work. It was a red headed Polish girl. She was good looking to. This Sams Club must only hire good looking girls. I though it was a good deal. It was really only $20.00 to join. Not bad. I think its only the Sams Club in long beach that had this deal. :rotfl2:

TLSnell1981
06-24-2011, 02:55 AM
Are these old cards, or are they restocking? Our Club has been out since earlier this year.

Camonkeygirl
06-24-2011, 04:30 AM
I was at the Sam's Club in San Diego, Ca (there is only one) this morning, and they still had them on the rack.

KrazyKollector
07-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Has anyone seen them in the NE Cleveland area?

boufa
07-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Are these old cards, or are they restocking? Our Club has been out since earlier this year.

My thinking was that they were left overs from a Christmas promotion. However when I was talking to the store manager last week, buying mine, he said that they had just gotten a bunch more in. He also stated that they sold really well, and that they have sold out a few times and been replenished.

AmandaRG
07-30-2011, 08:56 PM
I just have to vent! We went to Sam's today and found 11 of the cards. DH drove down the street to get the Sam's gcs at Wal-Mart, using our Disney Visa. Get to the checkout at Sam's, and the gcs won't ring up and they TOSS them all in the TRASH!!! They tell me that they aren't in the system, so they can't sell them. The manager I had requested is the one that threw them away.

I had $1100 in useless WM gift cards! (Definitely wasn't going to be doing business after what I had just dealt with.) I brought my family home and dropped them off. I went to another Sam's just to see. They had 13 of the packs. Once again they came up item not found. Then the cashier went and slid the card through the reader to activate it and it popped up! I was so angry.

Anyway, if anyone else has the problem of the cards not ringing up, ask the cashier to slide it through the cc reader slot. It should pick it up at that point!

lelei
08-08-2011, 01:24 PM
I just want to say THANK YOU to those who posted about this deal!

We were able to use the cards to pay off our $4600 balance and we got $460 in Disney Store giftcards for free! This weekend, we were able to stop at the Disney Store Outlet and bought shirts and towels for our entire family for our upcoming trip and still had over $200 in Disney gift cards leftover!

Thank you for the heads up on this- you all just saved us a ton on disney clothes and provided us with a fun night of giftcard entering on the disney site- we both get a kick out of our loooooong invoice that lists all the cards now :)

Oh, and with the money we saved by the cards being a bit over $1 cheaper than $100, we see it as getting a year membership for Sams free also!

:cheer2:

DisneyDream2B
10-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Has anyone seen these in the clubs recently?

GraciesMommy
10-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Has anyone seen these in the clubs recently?

I bought a some last month.

Nancy F
10-06-2011, 10:19 PM
I keep checking my Sam's for them. I hope they'll get them again closer to Dec.
Nancy princess:

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
10-06-2011, 10:43 PM
They've gotten more in my store in NC, they are well stocked up!

HigginsFamily3
10-06-2011, 11:13 PM
They've gotten more in my store in NC, they are well stocked up!

What part of NC are you in? We are in Fayetteville and I would love to get some for our upcoming trip.

Thanks,
Desiree

seven2go
10-06-2011, 11:27 PM
I was so happy to pay off my cruise with the cards! I had enough bonus disney store cards to purchase all sorts of stuff on disneystore.com!! PLUS I was able to use the free shipping deal. Now, I am set with goodies for use before and after our cruise! (one thing I purchased was a sweet DCL frame!) To me, it was SO worth the little bit of effort!! Keep looking for the deal guys! It is worth it. I found all that I needed a month ago. :cheer2:

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
10-07-2011, 08:43 AM
What part of NC are you in? We are in Fayetteville and I would love to get some for our upcoming trip.

Thanks,
Desiree

In Winston-Salem, I saw them recently at the Sam's on Hanes Mall Blvd :) Do you have a Sam's near you? You might want to check there as ours had gotten low, just a few on a display with other gift cards but they had a new bundle on there. :thumbsup2

Mickeys Carol
10-07-2011, 09:11 AM

I am somewhat confused. I have never used the GC's for my cruise. Do I have to call it in first or can I get it applied once onboard the ship? I am going to go to SAMS today and try to find some of these. Wish me luck!!! We leave on the 22nd..WHOO HOO!! :cool1:

okw19
10-07-2011, 09:46 AM
In Winston-Salem, I saw them recently at the Sam's on Hanes Mall Blvd :) Do you have a Sam's near you? You might want to check there as ours had gotten low, just a few on a display with other gift cards but they had a new bundle on there. :thumbsup2

That's awesome to know! I hope the Wendover store has them.

marhs
10-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks so much for keeping this thread alive! I just found it, and made a call to our local Sams, and sure enough they have it! Hooray! Buy $100 gift card (good for all Disney stuff ie: cruise!) and get a $10 Disney STORE gift card. Yes! I can stock up on stuff to wear on the cruise! Thanks!!!

jlemieu1
10-07-2011, 11:22 PM
I check mine in Apple Valley, MN...No dice. Anyone in MN seen them?
Tomorrow I'm going to call around.

smilingmouse
10-08-2011, 02:21 AM
I check mine in Apple Valley, MN...No dice. Anyone in MN seen them?
Tomorrow I'm going to call around.

I can confirm the Bloomington store is out...none on order, either.

Daffodils
10-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Iam Calling my Sams Store Now.

goofyredraider
10-09-2011, 07:37 PM
I haven't found them either...I wonder if they will be getting more with the holidays coming?

Feistygirl916
10-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Any stores in So Cal have them? Specifically Orange County or close by?

Here's hoping! :wizard:

chudson98
10-28-2011, 09:43 PM
That's awesome to know! I hope the Wendover store has them.

Just wondering if you found them at the Wendover store? I might head there this week.

Nancy F
10-28-2011, 09:54 PM
I just bought 10 of them at The Sam's Club in Deptford New Jersey. I've been checking every couple weeks and it finally paid off. :banana:

Nancy princess:

Camonkeygirl
10-28-2011, 09:55 PM
The San Diego Sam's Club had them a couple of weeks ago, when I was last there.

rangermom
10-29-2011, 09:48 AM
I bought 8gc's at the Sam's in Flagstaff, AZ last weekend. I used those for our Dining Plan and the bonus gc's for personalized Christmas pj's for our Polar Express trip. I will be heading there later next week to get more to use on board and to buy our theme park tickets. If they have enough I'll be getting $200 extra bonus gc's. Then maybe I'll get my D&B Dream tote. :cool1:

brea
10-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Has anyone been able to figure out what schedule this promotion runs on? I called my local stores (Pittsburgh PA) and they're not available at the moment. I called the main Sams club number and they said that it's an "in store" promotion but was going to have someone call me back that might have more information on them. This will really help with our upcoming trip.

krispykreme97
10-29-2011, 02:01 PM
I bought 8gc's at the Sam's in Flagstaff, AZ last weekend. I used those for our Dining Plan and the bonus gc's for personalized Christmas pj's for our Polar Express trip. I will be heading there later next week to get more to use on board and to buy our theme park tickets. If they have enough I'll be getting $200 extra bonus gc's. Then maybe I'll get my D&B Dream tote. :cool1:

Got 25% off and free shipping! Love knowing I got it free by paying off my cruise with gift cards!

krispykreme97
10-29-2011, 02:03 PM
I got a $12.58 refund on my card but had to go through all of them to find out which one!

M_I_C_K_E_Y
10-30-2011, 12:39 AM
I read through the most recent posts on this thread but not the whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been asked/answered.

If I book a Disney vacation and/or cruise and pay with my Disney Visa (so I can get the points), can I use the gift cards to pay off my Disney Visa?

I can probably just call my Disney Visa but most of the time, my DIS friends always seem to know much more.

jilljill
10-30-2011, 01:16 AM
I read through the most recent posts on this thread but not the whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been asked/answered.

If I book a Disney vacation and/or cruise and pay with my Disney Visa (so I can get the points), can I use the gift cards to pay off my Disney Visa?

I can probably just call my Disney Visa but most of the time, my DIS friends always seem to know much more.

No you can't pay off your Disney Visa with gift cards, Chase wants real cash from you.
What you can do is to purchase the gift cards with your Disney Visa (to get the reward points) and then use the gift cards to pay off your Disney vacation.

mickeys girl 52
10-30-2011, 12:27 PM
I have a question about the $10.00 gift card you get when you buy $100.00 My son bought 8 of them for our last cruise at Sams Club but he was unable to use them for Disney online, He said they wouldn't take them.

I sew on here others have used them for Disney online. Did you have to call the 800 number to get them to accept them?

krispykreme97
10-30-2011, 12:30 PM
The $10 gift card is only redeemable at the Disney store or online

rangermom
10-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Got 25% off and free shipping! Love knowing I got it free by paying off my cruise with gift cards!

Yep, I got 25% off, free shipping and free personalization. Hopefully there will be enough on our next trip to Sam's so we can buy our theme park tickets and spending money. I would love another $210 in gift cards.

M_I_C_K_E_Y
10-31-2011, 03:42 PM
No you can't pay off your Disney Visa with gift cards, Chase wants real cash from you.
What you can do is to purchase the gift cards with your Disney Visa (to get the reward points) and then use the gift cards to pay off your Disney vacation.

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom. I knew my DIS friends could help!

Feistygirl916
10-31-2011, 06:22 PM
The San Diego Sam's Club had them a couple of weeks ago, when I was last there.

Dang, I wish I had something planned to go down to San Diego! The problem is, I am not too sure if calling makes a difference. I called one in Orange County and they said no... I don't have a membership yet, so no chance of going in to the store.

Anyone seen any near Disneyland? :wizard:

jenedpey
10-31-2011, 10:01 PM
I have a question about the $10.00 gift card you get when you buy $100.00 My son bought 8 of them for our last cruise at Sams Club but he was unable to use them for Disney online, He said they wouldn't take them.

I sew on here others have used them for Disney online. Did you have to call the 800 number to get them to accept them?

When you place an online order at disneystore.com, you can only apply 1 gift card (including the Disney Store Gift Card) and a credit card for the remaining balance. However, if you wait 20-30 minutes (order has to be partially processed), you can call the 800 number and add the remaining gift cards. Half of the time, they will either say that you can't do it, or that you don't need to do it, since the system assumes the gift card can take the entire balance. If you explain to them that the gift card is only a $10 gift gift card and you need to use additional gift cards to pay for it, they have always been able to do it, (sometime after asking for help). You can't call immediately since they won't be able to see the order #, and you need to do it before they charge your credit card, so don't wait too long.

krispykreme97
10-31-2011, 10:08 PM
When you place an online order at disneystore.com, you can only apply 1 gift card (including the Disney Store Gift Card) and a credit card for the remaining balance. However, if you wait 20-30 minutes (order has to be partially processed), you can call the 800 number and add the remaining gift cards. Half of the time, they will either say that you can't do it, or that you don't need to do it, since the system assumes the gift card can take the entire balance. If you explain to them that the gift card is only a $10 gift gift card and you need to use additional gift cards to pay for it, they have always been able to do it, (sometime after asking for help). You can't call immediately since they won't be able to see the order #, and you need to do it before they charge your credit card, so don't wait too long.

I actually called and placed my whole order. She patiently entered all 15 of my gift cards so I wouldnt risk having your card charged when you can just call.

zealandsmom
11-01-2011, 01:12 AM
I'll be searching the Tampa and Orlando area Sams TOMORROW! Not only can I use the giftcards for the CRUISE but I am up for a pass renewal and can buy my pass at the STORE with FREE money! WOW!! Super stoked!! Thanks so much! Ill keep everyone posted when I find some!

Disneytwinsmom
11-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Great information! I called the Disney Store near me and you CANNOT use the $10 card to buy another gift card.

triptaker
11-01-2011, 11:30 AM
The $10 gift card is only redeemable at the Disney store or online

... and you cannot use them at the disney store at MCO... BUT... you can go to the disney store and buy a gift card with it and then you can use that at WDW/DCL....

jilljill
11-01-2011, 11:40 AM
I'll be searching the Tampa and Orlando area Sams TOMORROW! Not only can I use the giftcards for the CRUISE but I am up for a pass renewal and can buy my pass at the STORE with FREE money! WOW!! Super stoked!! Thanks so much! Ill keep everyone posted when I find some!

You need to look at the restrictions for using the $10 bonus card. I do not believe they can be used to purchase park passes or gift cards.

Shoppingstaceysmom
11-01-2011, 11:42 AM
... and you cannot use them at the disney store at MCO... BUT... you can go to the disney store and buy a gift card with it and then you can use that at WDW/DCL....

My Disney Store would not allow a gift card purchase with a gift card.

jilljill
11-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Great information! I called the Disney Store near me and you CANNOT use the $10 card to buy another gift card.

Post right above your's says you can't use the bonus cards to purchase gift cards at a Disney Store.

The store at MCO is not a Disney Store like you find in malls around the country, it's a World of Disney store that is run by Disney Parks.

zealandsmom
11-01-2011, 03:38 PM
You need to look at the restrictions for using the $10 bonus card. I do not believe they can be used to purchase park passes or gift cards.

well i was also thinking about buying merchandise with it, then returning said merchandise to get a GC back. I dont believe they have GCs that cannot be used elsewhere at the store to distribute. Only as a promotional thing?

I gotta find the damn giftcards 1st!! then I will start my strategizing:teacher:

jilljill
11-01-2011, 07:24 PM
well i was also thinking about buying merchandise with it, then returning said merchandise to get a GC back. I dont believe they have GCs that cannot be used elsewhere at the store to distribute. Only as a promotional thing?

I gotta find the damn giftcards 1st!! then I will start my strategizing:teacher:

If you use a promo gift card for a purchase then most likely you will be given a merchandise credit that can only be used at the store, you will not receive a 'regular' gift card for the returned merchandise.

zealandsmom
11-01-2011, 08:21 PM
After doing some research...but I will call...I don't believe disney has merchandise credit

triptaker
11-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I guess we were just lucky... As they let us get a gift card with ours... Perhaps its a store by store decision?

H2OMama
11-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Ok, read the posts about going next door to Walmart to buy a Walmart gift card with your Disney Visa card (for the points) and use the Walmart gift card to purchase the SAMs club Disney gift cards with...but I'm not understanding the savings in this? Is it just for the regular Points of using that Visa? I have other rewards cards that earn more then 1 cent per 100 so I would only use a Disney Visa card at Disney locations where they doubled the point value. If any one has info on that please share.
I did find a local sam's club that sells them, but they don't take visa

MrsPotatoHead425
11-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Just thought I would let yall know that I was in Sam's the other night, and they had $75 disney gift cards for $64, and they came with a free vinylmation pin for those pin collectors out there :)

jeanigor
11-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Just thought I would let yall know that I was in Sam's the other night, and they had $75 disney gift cards for $64, and they came with a free vinylmation pin for those pin collectors out there :)

Looks like I should get over to Sams soon...

H2OMama
11-04-2011, 04:48 PM

Are the $75 gift cards good at any Disney area or just the Disney stores?

jilljill
11-04-2011, 08:08 PM

That's a deal worth joining Sam's for just to pay off a Disney vacation.

miztressuz
11-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Ok, read the posts about going next door to Walmart to buy a Walmart gift card with your Disney Visa card (for the points) and use the Walmart gift card to purchase the SAMs club Disney gift cards with...but I'm not understanding the savings in this? Is it just for the regular Points of using that Visa? I have other rewards cards that earn more then 1 cent per 100 so I would only use a Disney Visa card at Disney locations where they doubled the point value. If any one has info on that please share.
I did find a local sam's club that sells them, but they don't take visa

I have never heard of getting double points at Disney locations with the Visa card. Could you elaborate or provide a link? Is it a new card? (and FYI, it's $1 per $100 with the current card - i wasn't sure from your post if that was clear)

miztressuz
11-05-2011, 09:11 PM

was it in any special packaging like it's a holiday special or something? that's an awesome deal but our sam's doesn't get a lot of GC business it looks like so they only refresh around the holiday's. i'm hoping is something we'll get here soon :)

disneywonderfun
11-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Went to our Sams in Knoxville and saw a $75 giftcard with a vinylmation for $74.92. Yup, save 8 cents but get a vinylmation. No thanks.

DWF

bzzelady
11-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Posted this over on the DVC board, but just had to share again.
I just love these "gift with purchase" Disney gift cards!!!!!!

Just for the record...I am the queen of cheap tonight ;)

I had seven of these cards left from last year's gift card purchases.
I checked the price for the Dooney hipster bag for my DD...it was already on sale.
Went to Sam's today and purchased seven more gift cards to cover my spending for next week's Disney trip.
I purchased the hipster bag, along with the Dooney Sketch wristlet to go with my own larger Sketch purse, using the Park25 discount.
Over $75.00 qualifies for free shipping-remember to add the code and yes, this is a discount that you can "stack".
Added 14 of the gift cards to the order...left me with a balance of $10.25 for 2 Dooney and Bourke items!!!!! :woohoo:

The website will only let you enter one gift card and your cc information. Wait approximately one hour until the order is in the system and then call and have the additional cards manually added. The order does not actually get charged to your cc until it ships.
Happy shopping, everyone :)

H2OMama
11-06-2011, 12:10 AM
I have never heard of getting double points at Disney locations with the Visa card. Could you elaborate or provide a link? Is it a new card? (and FYI, it's $1 per $100 with the current card - i wasn't sure from your post if that was clear)

My bad, I thought it was double points for Disney purchases but I asked about it in the Disney store tonight and you are correct only regular points. :( Wow, you would think Disney would give double points for Disney purchases. Most places do that for their own brand product!

AmberHeartsDisney
11-07-2011, 10:07 AM
sadly this is no more. The manager at sams told me they got "recalled" so they had to send all the once they had left back. Now its the ones with the free 3d pins :(

NancyIL
11-07-2011, 10:12 AM
sadly this is no more. The manager at sams told me they got "recalled" so they had to send all the once they had left back. Now its the ones with the free 3d pins :(

I was at Sam's yesterday and looked for the $100 gift card. Instead, they had a $75 gift card with a free Vinylmation pin. No sale!

AmberHeartsDisney
11-07-2011, 11:21 AM
I was at Sam's yesterday and looked for the $100 gift card. Instead, they had a $75 gift card with a free Vinylmation pin. No sale!

I know :(

Piecey
11-13-2011, 03:44 PM

My Sams still had them today. Not many, maybe 12 after the 9 I bought.

It'll finish paying off our WDW trip in January, cover our spending while we're there and we should have some leftover for our sailing on the Fantasy in June...

DisneyDream2B
11-13-2011, 04:03 PM
For those of you who were able to buy the $100 - get $10 Disney Store cards, what is the expiration date for the $100 gift card, and for the $10 Disney Store card?
Thanks.

wheelerkidz3
11-13-2011, 04:24 PM
We just bought some at our SAMs with the $10 free. There were quite a few left on the rack. I'm wondering if I should go pick up some more of them now? And I don't think there is any expiration on them? DH has them locked in glovebox or I would check.

WorldWacky
11-13-2011, 08:59 PM
For those of you who were able to buy the $100 - get $10 Disney Store cards, what is the expiration date for the $100 gift card, and for the $10 Disney Store card?
Thanks.

I was able to get some at my Sam's a couple of days ago. There doesn't seem to be an expiration date on the $100.00 card or the $10 Disney Store card.

cmwade77
11-13-2011, 10:33 PM
You could also buy these and pay for your cruise with them, essentially giving you 10% off your cruise.

By the way, if you take multiple cars to any store at one of the theme parks or the Disney store, they will combine multiple cards together. Depending on who you get on the phone, you might be able to call and do this as well, but that's not as convenient and might be easier to just enter multiple cards.

wheelerkidz3
11-13-2011, 11:30 PM
You could also buy these and pay for your cruise with them, essentially giving you 10% off your cruise.

By the way, if you take multiple cars to any store at one of the theme parks or the Disney store, they will combine multiple cards together. Depending on who you get on the phone, you might be able to call and do this as well, but that's not as convenient and might be easier to just enter multiple cards.

i asked the girl to combine mine at the disney store and the manager said that it isn't allowed. i wish they could combine, because it's such a pain to have to call in my order when using disneystore.com...but well worth the savings!

cmwade77
11-14-2011, 12:32 AM
They can combine the regular Disney ones, I don't know about the Disney Store ones. I know they can do the others as they have done so for me.

princesswendy720
11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Can I use a Walmart gift card to purchase the Disney gift cards?

rubinjos
11-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Boooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo to Disney for yanking $10 promotional cards from Sams Club. I have been planing my first disney cruise and wanted to take advantage of this deal. Went to Sams the other day and all they have are 50 gift cards for $49 and 75 gift cards with a pin??????? Booooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

mickey0930
11-23-2011, 10:41 AM
If I would buy these gift cards with th intentions on paying off my cruise, can I use them to do that even if my cruise is booked through Dreams Unlimited?
TIA

sug78
11-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Can I use a Walmart gift card to purchase the Disney gift cards?

Yes you can- It is what I did. I bought a Walmart gift card using my credit card to get miles :) then went to Sams and got 8,000 worth of gift cards. Paid for 2 trips this year with those! I sure wish I could buy more...

bengals01
11-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Kroger has quadruple points on gift cards so a $100 one is worth .40 off a gallon of gas up to 35 gallons. I purchased $250 and now have a $1.00 and an additional .10 because I used my kroger credit card. Also get double points towards $10.00 coupons off groceries. I was at my Sams and I bought the last 5 $100 w 10 card

Silverfox97
08-13-2012, 10:42 PM
These showed up at our Sam's Club - saw them on Friday:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2012/08/money-saver-100-disney-gift-cards-with-a-bonus-10-gift-card-at-sams-club-for-99/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

NancyIL
08-13-2012, 10:59 PM

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2012/08/money-saver-100-disney-gift-cards-with-a-bonus-10-gift-card-at-sams-club-for-99/

Thanks for the update. I'll see if my Sam's Club has them tomorrow!

wheelerkidz3
08-13-2012, 11:27 PM

wondering if my sam's has them now! i hope so!!

pillow
08-14-2012, 09:52 AM
It looks like the extra $10 card can only be used at a Disney store, not on DCL. Bummer!

Jodie

Silverfox97
08-14-2012, 10:39 AM
It looks like the extra $10 card can only be used at a Disney store, not on DCL.

That is correct.

Schachteles
08-15-2012, 01:18 PM

my friend went to two Sams Club's in Minnesota last night....there were NONE....call the other ones and stuck out too. I hope they come!!

love280mickey
08-15-2012, 01:31 PM
would really LOVE this if the extra $10 could also be used on the cruise.

I don't need a reason to just spend $10 in the regular Disney store.

Are they good at the Disney stores in Orlando in downtown Disney?

Schachteles
08-15-2012, 01:35 PM
would really LOVE this if the extra $10 could also be used on the cruise.

I don't need a reason to just spend $10 in the regular Disney store.

Are they good at the Disney stores in Orlando in downtown Disney?

The free $10 gift card is only good at Disney Stores (at your local mall, NOT Downtown Disney) and then online at Disneystore.com.

They are AWESOME, we bought like 60 of them to pay down our Alaska cruise...hope we can find these.

NancyIL
08-15-2012, 02:31 PM
There were none at my Sam's Club in central IL last night. That's okay, as I never used the $10 Disney Store gift card that I got 18 months ago!

Silverfox97
08-15-2012, 03:24 PM
That's okay, as I never used the $10 Disney Store gift card that I got 18 months ago!

My daughter would've happily take it LOL

mmackeymouse
08-15-2012, 08:56 PM
:mad:

Unfortunately, our Sam's Club did not have any. From what I could see, it wasn't that they were out of stock, but looks like they don't even carry $100 Disney cards. Lots of $50s though.

eacdabney
08-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Ohhhh! I'm heading to Sam's tomorrow! I hope they have them at mine (Richmond, VA)

Thanks for posting! :cool1:

WonderlandsMostWantd
08-16-2012, 12:29 PM
my friend went to two Sams Club's in Minnesota last night....there were NONE....call the other ones and stuck out too. I hope they come!!

I probably shouldn't say this for fear of them not being there anymore by the time I get there, ;) but.... I just saw a few at the Eagan Sam's club the other day. I'm trying to remember exactly where they were... they were not on their own big stand like they were a few years ago, and I don't think they were with the majority of the other gift cards - I want to say that if you enter the store, and go right, along the right side wall, past electronics and along where the mattresses are, there was a small selection of gift cards at the end of an aisle, and there were a few hanging there.

We were at the store looking at mattresses and I remember seeing them on that trip, hence thinking they are near that section of the store - it is still possible they were somewhere else, but I KNOW they are there somewhere.

ETA - the employees there RARELY know what you're talking about in relation to these cards, btw. I got the general impression that unless you happened to run across the person who stocked/shelved them, or a person who's already run into a Dis'er who actually found them, they don't really know what they are. It doesn't scream out at you that there's an extra $10, it just looks like a light blue cardboard gift card pack, with Disney characters in snow gear on it. Most employees aren't going to pay that much attention to the detail of every item in the store.

I'm planning on stopping out there after work tonight, I'll let you know if/where I find them.

Nancy F
08-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Last year our Sam's Club had the ones with the Vinylmation thingy. :scratchin Not a gift card. Hope they are bringing back that $10.00 gift card. :goodvibes
Nancy :woohoo:

Schachteles
08-16-2012, 03:27 PM
I probably shouldn't say this for fear of them not being there anymore by the time I get there, ;) but.... I just saw a few at the Eagan Sam's club the other day. I'm trying to remember exactly where they were... they were not on their own big stand like they were a few years ago, and I don't think they were with the majority of the other gift cards - I want to say that if you enter the store, and go right, along the right side wall, past electronics and along where the mattresses are, there was a small selection of gift cards at the end of an aisle, and there were a few hanging there.

We were at the store looking at mattresses and I remember seeing them on that trip, hence thinking they are near that section of the store - it is still possible they were somewhere else, but I KNOW they are there somewhere.

ETA - the employees there RARELY know what you're talking about in relation to these cards, btw. I got the general impression that unless you happened to run across the person who stocked/shelved them, or a person who's already run into a Dis'er who actually found them, they don't really know what they are. It doesn't scream out at you that there's an extra $10, it just looks like a light blue cardboard gift card pack, with Disney characters in snow gear on it. Most employees aren't going to pay that much attention to the detail of every item in the store.

I'm planning on stopping out there after work tonight, I'll let you know if/where I find them.

Lovely we called that Sam's but didn't go to that one. HMMM!

eacdabney
08-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Ohhhh! I'm heading to Sam's tomorrow! I hope they have them at mine (Richmond, VA)

Thanks for posting! :cool1:

Sadly all my Sam's Club had were the $50 gift cards. I only saw 2 areas for gift cards. I asked a customer service employee if there other areas for gift cards and he said those were the only two. So I then asked if there more $100 gift cards and he said they don't stock any in the back. They put everything out as it comes in. :sad2: And he wasn't aware that they had run out. :sad1: Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep checking.

Schachteles
08-17-2012, 01:53 PM

So you were right...I sent my husband over there last night and they had like 30 of them. But guess what? THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE OUT!!! He grabbed 10 of them and went to go up to pay and they weren't in their system (couldn't scan or be activated), they are supposed to be put out on the floor in like November :mad:. So as my husband was with the managers trying to figure it out, they were removing the display!! So no luck, I am very disappointed because I need them for October. :crazy2:

heatherb819
08-17-2012, 02:43 PM
I tried skimming thru these posts to get an idea of what to do. We don't have credit cards, we don't use them anymore after having BIG BIG issues with identity theft, so if I go to Sam's and buy say...$50 gift cards and they sell them for about $48 and I need to buy $3000 worth of them to pay off my cruise I would save myself $120 just by doing that???? What happens if the price of the cruise goes down, how will they refund me or will they give me OBC? I'm not so concerned about the $10 bonus card, it would be nice but I care a little more about them selling the cards at a little bit of a cheaper price even if it is a dollar or two because that adds up when we're talking thousands of dollars. I'm paying cash for the trip anyway.

WonderlandsMostWantd
08-17-2012, 03:42 PM
So you were right...I sent my husband over there last night and they had like 30 of them. But guess what? THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE OUT!!! He grabbed 10 of them and went to go up to pay and they weren't in their system (couldn't scan or be activated), they are supposed to be put out on the floor in like November :mad:. So as my husband was with the managers trying to figure it out, they were removing the display!! So no luck, I am very disappointed because I need them for October. :crazy2:

Ooh, that's a bummer, I'm sorry! How frustrating!

Schachteles
08-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Ooh, that's a bummer, I'm sorry! How frustrating!

NO I appreciate your piping in on it...what are the odds that we are from the same area. Just frustrating that we couldn't buy them. They did CLAIM that for some reason Woodbury always sells the $100 ones, but I am kinda over getting them.

WonderlandsMostWantd
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
NO I appreciate your piping in on it...what are the odds that we are from the same area. Just frustrating that we couldn't buy them. They did CLAIM that for some reason Woodbury always sells the $100 ones, but I am kinda over getting them.

I work in Woodbury; I can stop on my way home and see if they have them if you want? Or is it just the $100 no bonus ones?

We got them a few years ago for a WDW vacation - paid for everything that went on our KTTW card with them - I used the $10 bonus cards to buy myself a Dooney and Bourke bag from the Disney Store online. :thumbsup2 I couldn't justify paying that much for a purse, but since it was "free".... So, I understand the appeal. I also understand the desire to avoid the frustration of running all over town for them, especially to find them just to be denied the opportunity to buy them.

Schachteles
08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
I work in Woodbury; I can stop on my way home and see if they have them if you want? Or is it just the $100 no bonus ones?

We got them a few years ago for a WDW vacation - paid for everything that went on our KTTW card with them - I used the $10 bonus cards to by myself a Dooney and Bourke bag from the Disney Store online. :thumbsup2 I couldn't justify paying that much for a purse, but since it was "free".... So, I understand the appeal. I also understand the desire to avoid the frustration of running all over town for them, especially to find them just to be denied the opportunity to buy them.

If you are ever there, check...let me know. They said they do sell the $100 ones, but it makes no sense why they would sell them and others wouldn't :confused3

I got them to pay for our Alaska cruise, I think I bought like 60+ of them!! :dance3: like you I got two Dooney purses and then a bunch of sweatshirts for my husband, it was SO awesome!!

Again, thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it!! :hug:

WonderlandsMostWantd
08-17-2012, 04:00 PM
If you are ever there, check...let me know. They said they do sell the $100 ones, but it makes no sense why they would sell them and others wouldn't :confused3

I got them to pay for our Alaska cruise, I think I bought like 60+ of them!! :dance3: like you I got two Dooney purses and then a bunch of sweatshirts for my husband, it was SO awesome!!

Again, thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it!! :hug:
No problem at all! Always good to know I'm not the only Disney nut in the immediate area! :thumbsup2

Schachteles
08-17-2012, 04:04 PM
No problem at all! Always good to know I'm not the only Disney nut in the immediate area! :thumbsup2

You are not alone!!! :mickeyjum

jilljill
08-17-2012, 04:59 PM
I tried skimming thru these posts to get an idea of what to do. We don't have credit cards, we don't use them anymore after having BIG BIG issues with identity theft, so if I go to Sam's and buy say...$50 gift cards and they sell them for about $48 and I need to buy $3000 worth of them to pay off my cruise I would save myself $120 just by doing that???? What happens if the price of the cruise goes down, how will they refund me or will they give me OBC? I'm not so concerned about the $10 bonus card, it would be nice but I care a little more about them selling the cards at a little bit of a cheaper price even if it is a dollar or two because that adds up when we're talking thousands of dollars. I'm paying cash for the trip anyway.

If a refund of your cruise fare needs to be processed it would be refunded back to the original form of payment - in this case back to the gift cards. You will need to keep all the gift cards until you are completely certain that there will be no refunds processed back to the cards.