View Full Version : delete

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

jc040404
10-30-2010, 01:56 AM

jc040404
10-30-2010, 01:57 AM

AprilRenee
10-30-2010, 02:08 AM
Yay! K...now I kinda look like a creeper! But I'm so excited that you're doing another report. Yours was/is my favorite to read..well, maybe it's tied with Riglee's. Either way, yay for another year!

jc040404
10-30-2010, 02:09 AM
.r]

jc040404
10-30-2010, 02:13 AM

*Meagan*
10-30-2010, 02:18 AM
YAYAYAYA!!!! subbing! yipppeeee! :)

jc040404
10-30-2010, 02:28 AM
YAYAYAYA!!!! subbing! yipppeeee! :)

:yay:

:welcome: to our new year!

karebear23
10-30-2010, 06:29 AM
I'm here! So happy you are doing another TR!!! :cool1:

I promise I will be starting one soon! Life keeps getting in the way :goodvibes!

jen22984
10-30-2010, 11:31 AM
YAY!!!! I am so glad that you decided to do another one for this year! It seems like, with everything we had going on this summer, I havent heard too much about the beginning of this Disney year so I am so excited to get to follow along! Aryanna loves looking at the pictures of her "2 boy friends that ate at the umbrella store with her." And she wants to come visit again because she needs to "tell the big one with the red hair that she lost the leaves he gave her to feed the dinosaurs."

jc040404
10-30-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm here! So happy you are doing another TR!!! :cool1:

I promise I will be starting one soon! Life keeps getting in the way :goodvibes!

I've been wondering what happened to you! I can't wait to read about your trip, but I totally understand the "life getting in the way" thing. Glad you jumped on with my new TR! :goodvibes

YAY!!!! I am so glad that you decided to do another one for this year! It seems like, with everything we had going on this summer, I havent heard too much about the beginning of this Disney year so I am so excited to get to follow along! Aryanna loves looking at the pictures of her "2 boy friends that ate at the umbrella store with her." And she wants to come visit again because she needs to "tell the big one with the red hair that she lost the leaves he gave her to feed the dinosaurs."

Those poor herbivores! What are they supposed to eat now?? :rotfl: He loves those dinosaurs! LOL @ the umbrella store, too! :rotfl: She's too funny.

It does seem like we haven't talked much about this year so far, but we'll catch up! You've had a big year. I do remember hopping on to send a message to you when John said to get the passes though. :rotfl: I really didn't know what to do! I am planning to hold back on my TR until yours' is done, btw. I wanna read what you write about our Epcot day together first! :lmao:

jc040404
10-30-2010, 05:08 PM

CAStevens218
10-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Yay I'm here! I'm so excited you started a new trip report, I enjoyed your last one!!!! Reading this will help the time pass to my December trip!!!

:thumbsup2

AprilRenee
10-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Wow. You soo do! Just kidding! :rotfl:

I'm so glad you're here already! It's nice to know someone is following along already. :goodvibes Font okay? I wanted something different on this one. :rotfl: I started typing it up a few days ago, but couldn't make up my mind about it. Guess it's done now!

LOL!!! :lmao:
Font looks good to me! :thumbsup2

jen22984
10-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Those poor herbivores! What are they supposed to eat now?? :rotfl: He loves those dinosaurs! LOL @ the umbrella store, too! :rotfl: She's too funny.

It does seem like we haven't talked much about this year so far, but we'll catch up! You've had a big year. I do remember hopping on to send a message to you when John said to get the passes though. :rotfl: I really didn't know what to do! I am planning to hold back on my TR until yours' is done, btw. I wanna read what you write about our Epcot day together first! :lmao:

Gosh! I took pretty good notes the whole trip EXCEPT that day! I have nothing written down in my book at all!!! I'll have to hope I took pictures, my memory is NOT as good as yours!

jc040404
10-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Yay I'm here! I'm so excited you started a new trip report, I enjoyed your last one!!!! Reading this will help the time pass to my December trip!!!

:thumbsup2

Woo Hoo!! Welcome to year two! :yay::yay::yay:

Your trip is almost here! That's the first or second week of December, right? I can't wait until the Christmas stuff goes up in the parks. We missed out on so much last year, but I'm going to try to make up for it this time.

LOL!!! :lmao:
Font looks good to me! :thumbsup2

Hooray for font success! :rotfl:

Gosh! I took pretty good notes the whole trip EXCEPT that day! I have nothing written down in my book at all!!! I'll have to hope I took pictures, my memory is NOT as good as yours!

Who needs notes when you're hanging out with such an unforgettable group of people like us?? :lmao: You'll figure it out! ;)

Now get updating! The race to September 13th is officially on! :banana:

jc040404
10-31-2010, 04:20 PM

jc040404
10-31-2010, 04:28 PM

CAStevens218
10-31-2010, 09:35 PM
I just got home from work and was excited to see your update! Your boys are so adorable!!! It sounds like a great first half of the day at MK!!

All of your talk about CHH has created a neeeeeed for me to try it on my upcoming trip! It is definitely in the plans!!!!! Do you have a favorite meal there?? (Also, I'm with your husband...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for New England Clam Chowder, from a New England girl!!!).

snowmanlover
10-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Jessica ~ I am so glad you decided to write another trip report!! :dance3:

Never stayed at the Poly, it's DH's dream to stay there someday though! I sure hope his dream comes true!! :rolleyes1 We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge twice and really liked it! It was nice taking the boat instead of buses all the time, but the buses were not crowded and came often! That was in 2001 and 2003. We've also stayed at POFQ, POR and ASM.

Love all your pictures! :worship: Like your DH, my MIL drinks coffee no matter the temperature!

Next time your family needs to get to CHH earlier to miss the crowds!! :laughing:

I'll be around when I can to read your trip report! I'm busy packing for our move to OH! :scared:

Dugette
10-31-2010, 10:57 PM
:yay::yay::yay: for another Year of Disney trip report! I'm so glad we get to see the boys grow up some more. Love the sunrise pic...beautiful! With the ride breakdowns you had that first morning, you'd almost think we were there to break the rides! ;) I can't wait to hear how the rest of your year unfolds! And the Poly...:cloud9:

jc040404
11-01-2010, 01:23 AM
I just got home from work and was excited to see your update! Your boys are so adorable!!! It sounds like a great first half of the day at MK!!

All of your talk about CHH has created a neeeeeed for me to try it on my upcoming trip! It is definitely in the plans!!!!! Do you have a favorite meal there?? (Also, I'm with your husband...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for New England Clam Chowder, from a New England girl!!!).

To be honest, I do really love that fish basket! When it's fresh anyway. I'll get odd cravings for it out of nowhere sometimes, even though I should be cutting back on the bad-for-you stuff. :rolleyes: I could go for some right now, at 1am.. Wow, I stay up way too late sometimes..

Jessica ~ I am so glad you decided to write another trip report!! :dance3:

Never stayed at the Poly, it's DH's dream to stay there someday though! I sure hope his dream comes true!! :rolleyes1 We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge twice and really liked it! It was nice taking the boat instead of buses all the time, but the buses were not crowded and came often! That was in 2001 and 2003. We've also stayed at POFQ, POR and ASM.

Love all your pictures! :worship: Like your DH, my MIL drinks coffee no matter the temperature!

Next time your family needs to get to CHH earlier to miss the crowds!! :laughing:

I'll be around when I can to read your trip report! I'm busy packing for our move to OH! :scared:

I don't know what will happen with the Deluxe thing. I reeeeeally wanna try some "nicer" resorts, but I am soo cheap. err..frugal? I have such a tough time with spending so much on a room and always think in terms of how many days that would be at a lesser place. We really loved CBR though. I hope I justify a deluxe, but if not, that mod isn't bad. The boys just want to stay at the values!

Glad you're still following along! Have fun with that move. Where in Ohio are you going?

:yay::yay::yay: for another Year of Disney trip report! I'm so glad we get to see the boys grow up some more. Love the sunrise pic...beautiful! With the ride breakdowns you had that first morning, you'd almost think we were there to break the rides! ;) I can't wait to hear how the rest of your year unfolds! And the Poly...:cloud9:

Hmmm.. Now that you mention it.. Are you sure you guys weren't hanging around WDW at the end of July?? I just checked your dates in your siggy over to be sure. :rotfl: We were having the worst luck with stuff that day!!

Welcome to year two!!

jc040404
11-01-2010, 01:47 AM

jen22984
11-01-2010, 12:09 PM
That little bear is so cute! Andrew is always so polite!

I know the feeling about the bed rails! We had no idea you could get bed rails last year so I was so worried that Aryanna would fall out of bed in the middle of the night. McKenna slept in the pack n play last year though so I dindt have to worry about her. Luckily, you mentioned them in your last TR and I remembered to request them last trip!

I cant wait to hear about what happens next!

jc040404
11-01-2010, 11:14 PM
That little bear is so cute! Andrew is always so polite!

I know the feeling about the bed rails! We had no idea you could get bed rails last year so I was so worried that Aryanna would fall out of bed in the middle of the night. McKenna slept in the pack n play last year though so I dindt have to worry about her. Luckily, you mentioned them in your last TR and I remembered to request them last trip!

I cant wait to hear about what happens next!

Andrew makes me wonder. Is he really just a polite and sweet little boy, or is he playing the entire world? Everyone falls instantly in love with him. He can get groups of strangers to stop and listen to him wherever we go. It's completely insane.

Yay for my TR showing you to ask for bedrails! I feel like I have a purpose now. I've helped someone else's Disney experience. :rotfl: To be honest, I only learned about 'em from reading DISboards when I was planning Andy-Roo's first birthday trip!

You kinda know what happens next.. A certain MK restaurant experience and a woman that shares a name with one of my mother's sisters.. (I won't be posting her name on here though!)

onescgirl
11-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi, I'm in! I'm trying to get caught up reading your 1st TR (I think I'm on day 4 or 5?) then I'll start on this one! It's my nighttime ritual to read the TR's every night. :)

First, your family is beautiful, what cute boys!

The 1st haircut pictures are priceless! I'm hoping as I'm reading your 1st TR that your DH finally found his wallet. I'll see!

jc040404
11-02-2010, 04:34 PM

jc040404
11-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi, I'm in! I'm trying to get caught up reading your 1st TR (I think I'm on day 4 or 5?) then I'll start on this one! It's my nighttime ritual to read the TR's every night. :)

First, your family is beautiful, what cute boys!

The 1st haircut pictures are priceless! I'm hoping as I'm reading your 1st TR that your DH finally found his wallet. I'll see!

Welcome to our story!! I have the same ritual. ;) Dh works kinda late right now, so I always find myself sitting here reading TRs when the boys get to bed. I've been loving yours'. Andrew begged me to try to make that Mickey pumpkin after I showed it to him! Maybe next year.. :rotfl:

You'll find out more about that lost wallet. It's just going to take a while to turn up! :rotfl:

CAStevens218
11-02-2010, 07:16 PM
:cool1: So many updates!!

First of all, your Andrew is so sweet! I love how he told the Mousekeeping CM that she was doing a great job!

Second, I can't wait to hear about this dinner!!!!!

*Meagan*
11-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Ohh man patiently waiting Im dying to hear this!!!!! (well read)

joyfulDisneytears
11-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Subbing! I'm so glad you're doing another extended TR! I loved the last one, you definitely had me tearing up countless times.

You already got me once here with Blake's 'CACKLE!' screech. Ah, Disney through the eyes of a child! :cloud9:

jc040404
11-03-2010, 10:45 PM
:cool1: So many updates!!

First of all, your Andrew is so sweet! I love how he told the Mousekeeping CM that she was doing a great job!

Second, I can't wait to hear about this dinner!!!!!

Ohh man patiently waiting Im dying to hear this!!!!! (well read)

Dinner should be up tomorrow. Momentarily lost my TR typin drive! :rotfl: I was on a roll for a bit though! I'm not bothering to finish whole days before posting this time around, as I'm sure you noticed. ;)

Subbing! I'm so glad you're doing another extended TR! I loved the last one, you definitely had me tearing up countless times.

You already got me once here with Blake's 'CACKLE!' screech. Ah, Disney through the eyes of a child! :cloud9:

Welcome to year two!!

Writing about some of this stuff gets me tearing up!

Isn't he sweet? I am so loving doing these Disney days and visits for them. Watching my babies take it all and have fun is the BEST part of WDW!

jc040404
11-04-2010, 11:59 AM

jen22984
11-04-2010, 12:17 PM
I am soooo sorry that you had such a bad experience there! I know though, that this waitress is just how you described her! We had her for our Plaza ADR this trip too! She was the worst waitress/waiter we encountered on our entire 12 night trip!!! The only reason our meal wasnt a horrible-never to return again meal was because of the interaction we had from some of the other CMs. I hope that the rest of your day got better, I mean, it has to right? Can it get WORSE than that?

snowmanlover
11-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Please, please tell me your day got better!

You and your DH sound just like DH and I!! It takes alot for me to speak up when something is not right and I'm kicking him under the table or giving me "the look"!

We all have bad days, but that waitress needs to vent somewhere else!!

Love the picture of Andrew concentrating on signing his name, so sweet!

We are moving to Ravenna. Do you know where that is? Where in OH are you from again?

Smilies for your sweet boys!

:sulley: :tigger: :dance3: :yay: :banana:

onescgirl
11-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Love the teddy towel animal!
Sorry that your meal didn't go good. My kids at that age would have been very upset seeing other kids with Mickey sprinkles & they didn't get any. What a crazy waitress!

CAStevens218
11-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh my goodness, I am devastated for you! What a horrible waitress! Out of the whole thing (which is all upsetting), the lack of sprinkles on the ice cream got me the most! I'm glad you decided to say something!

I'm sure the day will get better with a ride on BTMRR, can't wait to hear about it!

melnbil
11-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi!! Joining in. Really enjoyed your first TR and liking this one so far. That waitress was horrible. You can disappoint me and make me angry all day long but DON'T mess with my baby. I know most parents feel this way. I hope your day got better, can't wait to see how this year turns out!!

Melody

ps Your boys are adorable

joyfulDisneytears
11-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Ugh, what a terrible meal. I feel so bad for you! You have to hurry up and tell us that your day got better (I sincerely hope!)! :goodvibes

I let a lot of stuff slide when dining, or if I have to make a comment or correction of some kind I try to be super nice about it. I don't even want it to occur to somebody to mess with my food! I am constantly scolding my mom to be nice to the server...if you want your entree spit on, whatever, but I don't want that particular garnish on mine, so calm down!

Clipping you across the face with the plate though, and not even giving an apology, however insincere? Wow... I don't even know how I would handle that. I know CMs don't get paid particularly well, but how can this chick get away with that stuff? Disney is supposed to have THE best customer service anywhere.

I'm sure she's earning some *great* tips to supplement her low hourly pay acting like that (which I bet helps her mood out a lot). /sarcasm off. Self-perpetuating cycle: bad service begets poor tips begets worse service. I wonder which came first, the chicken, or the egg? :laughing:

*Meagan*
11-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Oh my gosh!!!! I never speak up either when needed.. but Im sure glad you did! Man I wish you tripped her! LOL!
And Andy-roo.. that is just too sad! and frsutrating!!!!!

Im glad you spoke up. but what a witch!

jc040404
11-05-2010, 01:20 AM

Dugette
11-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Thank goodness WDW has so many good places to eat that you shouldn't have any need to go back to the Plaza again. (And, really, why bother when CHH is nearby? :rotfl:)

That is one crazy meal! I can't believe that she hit you with a plate! :eek:

It reminds me of our worst waitress ever (not WDW). A place locally called Steak & Ale (closed down now, this was a few years ago). Given the name of the place, DH expected there might be some interesting Ale to try. No list at the table, so he asked the waitress. She acted like he was some demanding freak for wanting to know what kind of Ales they had. :confused3 We were seated just inside of the entrance to our section of the restaurant. So, we got to overhear all of our waitress' rude comments (including swearing) about the customers seated in our section. Apparently, she thought that if she had one foot in the hallway, no one could hear her. Either that or she just didn't care. Same thing as yours, loudly complaining about her job and her customers, etc. I think I've blocked out most of the memories (although I know she did not hit us with a plate), but I'm pretty sure we did not leave a tip for her either (and we're usually decent tippers). So, I understand!

I hope your day got better! I'm glad that the boys handled things well. Did they ever bring another one with sprinkles? Or just stick with the plain one?

jc040404
11-06-2010, 01:24 PM

jc040404
11-07-2010, 04:41 PM

onescgirl
11-07-2010, 04:51 PM
awwww, that's so sweet about JOhn's hug after your meal. I alwasy say a :hug: cures everything!

You just need to buy Andrew a wig to put on him when getting measured for SM!

jc040404
11-07-2010, 04:54 PM
awwww, that's so sweet about JOhn's hug after your meal. I alwasy say a :hug: cures everything!

You just need to buy Andrew a wig to put on him when getting measured for SM!

That is too funny about the wig! :rotfl: Mainly because he had a similar suggestion.. I hate giving away what happens in future Disney visits though, so I'll hush about it for now. ;)

eeyore7360nc
11-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Just finished reading your first trip report in one sitting. Your little men are too cute. Last year was my first with an annual pass but it did not get nearly as much use as yours. Something about driving for 11 hours or paying for airfare kind of cuts down on the number of "use days".:rotfl:

Dugette
11-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I hope Andrew grows enough to try Space Mountain soon! Blake sure looks like he was enjoying Dumbo! I love that you are getting pictures over the construction wall! I was thinking we might have to ride Dumbo just to take a peak over there! Andrew's smart for liking BTMRR...still one of my very favorites! :thumbsup2

CAStevens218
11-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Don't feel guilty for using those fast passes!! Although you are right, they are clearly just a way to try to distract you from the true problem (the waitress in this case), you did nothing wrong!

I love that you are taking pictures of the Fantasy Land construction! It will be so cool to see the progress!!!

GaRain
11-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Wow, I bet yáll will never stray from the CHH again.
Oh, but you are so much better than me!
If that plate had hit my head, oh it would be ON like Donkey Kong.
She and I would have had words....there is no reason for your attitude to bring down my day! Manager, here now....:headache:
But things look like they improved, even if you wasted your FP's on 3 dumb rides - LOL! :rolleyes1

jc040404
11-08-2010, 06:05 PM

jc040404
11-08-2010, 10:44 PM

jc040404
11-08-2010, 11:17 PM

jc040404
11-08-2010, 11:31 PM

onescgirl
11-09-2010, 03:25 PM
I love your IASW pictures. It's one of my favorite rides & it was closed when we were there.
I hate it when people line cut. You don't want to let them get away with it, but at the same time you feel like it's just not worth it. You should've took the pic of the guy winking at you & posted it ;).

jen22984
11-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I love your IASW pictures. Do you know if they have the same dolls in the one at DL? I never noticed any that looked like "your girl" but I might have overlooked it. We have yet to ride IASW in WDW!

I'm going to have to read Dugettes TR to get some pointers on scoring for Buzz! I always do so horribly on that ride!

I'm almost up to the day we met up in my TR!!! Its really going to test my memory because I didnt write down anything. I'm sure you are going to remember a ton more than I do!

slightly_obsessed
11-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Even typing about using them, I worry that one of you super silent lurkers is sitting there thinking what awful people we are.

As a super silent lurker, let me assure you the thought never crossed my mind!

I have enjoyed your reports and think your boys are absolutely adorable. I will probably return to lurking because I am terrible about keeping up with TRs, but thank you for doing a report on your second year!

Also, a Sonic near my old house would send someone out to take money and deliver orders if the lines were particularly long, especially if people were only getting drinks. But I admit, it would have weirded me out more if it were nighttime the first time I saw it.

pookersmom
11-09-2010, 11:04 PM
I am in! :cool1:

Your first TR was the first one I ever read. I wouldn't miss further adventures with Andy-Roo and Blakers. No way!

So I haaaaaate tension and conflict with other people, and felt myself cringing while reading about your experience with that horrid waitress. The way you described it made her sound a lot like this woman I work with. EUGHHHH. It's so frustrating.

We all shout "Hooray!" at the end of the Pooh ride too. :laughing:

jc040404
11-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Sleeping*Beauty
11-12-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm so glad you decided to do a report about your second year of Disney. However, I am sorry that your first day wasn't as magical as it could have been. I hope the rest of your year is truly magical!

jc040404
11-13-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm so glad you decided to do a report about your second year of Disney. However, I am sorry that your first day wasn't as magical as it could have been. I hope the rest of your year is truly magical!

Welcome to year two!!

Bad days are bound to happen, I guess. Hopefully we don't have to deal with anything quite like this visit again though. The next day ends in a bad way also, but we haven't had to go through anything too rough since. :goodvibes

jc040404
11-13-2010, 12:22 AM

jen22984
11-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Today I heard radio ads for MVMCP FOUR times. (Andrew loves Radio Disney) Then we drove by billboards advertising F&W twice. Mickey wants us back! We've been three weeks without a dose of WDW magic and I'm going nutty. This is truly an addiction, I guess. :rotfl:

Back to the TR soon! :goodvibes

Do you think you'll end up doing a MVMCP? I really wish they had one at DL, we would SOOO be there! Our whole family is feeling the need for a Disney day! I can not wait!!! We've got a little over 3 weeks before we get back. I am so excited to see the Christmas decorations!

jc040404
11-13-2010, 12:58 AM

onescgirl
11-13-2010, 08:03 AM
I would LOVE to see the Christmas decorations one day!

always
11-13-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm glad you've decided to write a TR for this year. :goodvibes I'll be following along again. :)

jen22984
11-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Doubtful. I'm not really seeing enough of a reason to put the money out for that one. Unless I'm missing something, it's just the parade, fireworks, and hot chocolate/cookie stops? I would really love to see the holiday fireworks, but they start doing that every night after the last party. That's how we saw the parade last year. I'm working on talking John into doing the 23rd, despite the crowds, just for that.

I am soo nuts without Disney right now. We were just talking about going tomorrow, but there's a mile long list of things to get done. Silly real life keeps butting in on my WDW fun! :rotfl: Aren't you doing DL next week? We're definitely doing one day next week. One of them is going to be really rough for me, so I'm planning to keep my mind occupied with WDW instead of that.

Nope, we arent going until Dec 5th & 6th. I wish we were going next week!

jc040404
11-13-2010, 03:25 PM

jc040404
11-13-2010, 03:41 PM

jc040404
11-13-2010, 10:54 PM

IheartDDuck
11-13-2010, 11:48 PM
I just found you report! Your two boys are so adorable. Looks like you are having fun so far. I don't know if I would have had the patience that you did at the Plaza Restaurant. Very commendable. Me, probably wouldn't have been so nice. ;)

Sleeping*Beauty
11-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Okay, I'll bite how much have you spent so far?

CAStevens218
11-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Sounds like a fun day at EPCOT so far! I have to agree with you about the Circle of Life show...I don't remember why we didn't like it, but we won't be back!!

Also, that picture with Pooh and Tigger is adorable! Too bad about Alice, but such a funny reason!

*Meagan*
11-15-2010, 02:59 AM
OoO Im going to be in WDW on the 5th and 6th of December~ any ideas where you are headed? where your staying?

jen22984
11-15-2010, 10:57 AM
OoO Im going to be in WDW on the 5th and 6th of December~ any ideas where you are headed? where your staying?

Me?? We're going to be at Disneyland, not WDW. :sad1: I wish we were going to be at WDW though!

onescgirl
11-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Cute picture with Pooh & Tigger.

I am very interested to see the total of the receipts at the end of your year!

Lisa29
11-17-2010, 09:55 AM
I just saw the title of this TR and knew it was yours!!!

Just last Friday got back from our trip (it was amazing and I am so so sad to be home :sad1:) so hadn't caught up with all the TR's I was reading before we went. Just finished yours, which the last post made me want to cry, and I am so happy you are doing a second. For someone that only gets to go every couple of years, I really enjoy reading yours as you live so close and I would love that.

Will catch up on the new report over the next day or so - it will be interesting to see if we were there on any of the same days.

Can't wait! :cool1:

jc040404
11-17-2010, 10:56 PM

jc040404
11-17-2010, 10:58 PM

jc040404
11-17-2010, 11:12 PM

snowmanlover
11-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Why not let the boys pick! Do they know your going tomorrow?!!

I bet the boys would like Animal Kingdom!! :banana: DO try the Circle of Life again!! We really like it and I bet the boys would too!

HAVE FUN and let us know which park you decided on!

OH, shouldn't you be geting some rest for your big day tomorrow?!!

jc040404
11-17-2010, 11:17 PM

snowmanlover
11-17-2010, 11:26 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: We posted at the same time!!

LOVED your last update!! I was laughing at John in his apron with the babies!! I bet your boy's thought their Dad was funny! :rotfl2: Your secret is safe with me!

Loved your pictures as usual! The boys are down.right.adorable, but Blakers in the picture of them on the steps is the cutest!

OM MY, How sweet Andrew's comment about the Birthday button was...way to cute!!!

Dugette
11-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Nice update. Love all those Innoventions things! Dug won that baby-velcro-ing thing too! :rotfl:

I'm scared of how your MK night ends! :scared1:

You're going tomorrow!? That's too cool! I don't know which park, maybe you can do all four? :idea:

Have a wonderful day! :goodvibes

onescgirl
11-18-2010, 10:38 AM
I LOVE the picture of John with the babies attached all on him! That is hilarious!:lmao:

IheartDDuck
11-18-2010, 10:26 PM
I NEED A DISNEY DAY!!

If you were going to a WDW park tomorrow.. Which one would you pick??? :confused3

That would be the Magic Kingdom for me!

jc040404
11-18-2010, 10:59 PM

Dugette
11-18-2010, 11:58 PM
We had sooo much fun!! Perfect weather, no icky people, and we didn't really have a wait for anything. I wish I had my updates caught up so I could share it already. The boys had some super special moments today! We all really want to do MVMCP after seeing the holiday decorations! I'm working right now to see if we can fit it in next month sometime. ;)

Can't wait to hear about the magical day! We're going to MVMCP on 12/12...maybe we'll see you there! ;)

snowmanlover
11-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Andrew is a smart boy! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about your day and so glad to hear it was a good one! :banana:

Lisa29
11-23-2010, 03:42 AM
:welcome: to year two!!

[SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"]Getting home from Disney is the worst, huh?

Are you going to do a TR about your visit? (Hope I haven't just missed it and look silly asking that..) We haven't been since October, so I'm pretty sure we didn't pass in the parks. :rotfl:

Not sure if I had done this quote right - bet it comes out wrong. :confused3

I really didn't want to come home this time and knowing it will be a couple of years before we can go again made it worse.

I would really like to do a trip report but I don't think I could dedicate enough time to doing it. It's not that I have a really busy social life, just that I watch far too many TV programmes! :rotfl2: I think it would take me months and months to finish it.

I have been to Epcot on each of my trips and didn't know there was so much to do there! Our trip was split up quite a bit this time with two nights at Vero Beach and we had a car for a week in the middle so that is when we did Universal, Islands, Seaworld and shopping so we didn't do as much disney as I'd like. Next time I will maybe only have a car for 2 or 3 days to do some shopping (I love that I can get my daughter clothes that no one at home is wearing) and will spend the rest of the time in disney.

I'm really enjoying how you are doing the trip report and if you don't mind posting costs, it would be interesting to see how much it does cost when you add it up.

Roll on the next installment of the boys' adventures!

haven_alise1997
11-24-2010, 02:29 AM
:worship: I finished reading your previous TR today and enjoyed it so much! I love all the extra pixie dust :wizard: moments your boys got to experience!

Hate that your first TS of the new year was bad and agree with others don't feel guilty about saying something and using those extra perks you deserve it after what you put up with!

Look forward to more of your lil families adventures for this year. popcorn::
Thanks for letting us live vicariously thru your fun.

GaRain
11-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Just wondering when your next Disney day would be?
Me and the parental units will be down there next week, Dec 2-6.....would be so cool to have a Blakers or Andy-Roo sighting! :cool1:

snowmanlover
11-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Wishing you and your family a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

AprilRenee
11-25-2010, 02:00 AM
So I know it's Thanksgiving and I've barely had time to CHECK disboards this week...but I miss having my Andrew and Blake update! :-) Hope you're having a good holiday season!

jc040404
11-26-2010, 05:04 PM

jc040404
11-26-2010, 05:21 PM

firechick139
11-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Just got done reading your first year TR and am now moving on to the second. I am usually a total lurker, but I just have to say that I so appreciate all the pics you post. We (7 yo dd and I) started our Disney obsession 2 years ago, and just by chance, we were able to go again last year when my daughter's dance class was invited to dance there. Unfortunately, that's going to be it for a while, and I'm going through major Disney withdrawal. Seeing your pics helps me a little with my obsession, lol. We vow to go every 3 years because that's all we can afford at the moment, and the wait is agonizing!! :crazy2:

jc040404
11-27-2010, 11:56 PM

*Meagan*
11-28-2010, 01:47 AM
Hmmm.. We are probably going to be in the parks at the same time! ;) I haven't made up my mind on where or when yet, but we need to get Andrew a new stocking. He's been set on a silly Rudolph stocking he spotted when just a little guy and it's not going to make it another year. He picked out a couple possibles in the parks and I want to have them up by next weekend.

OoO I hope we have an andy-roo and blakers sighting!!! We will be there the 1st-7th!:goodvibes

firechick139
11-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Awesome that your dd was invited to dance there! :banana: That must've been quite the experience for you both.

It really was! They were originally supposed to dance at the small stage at MK in Tomorrowland, but Disney switched it to the stage in DTD. There were TONS of people watching them. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience!

Are you in planning anything yet?

LOL, I am CONSTANTLY planning! That's part of the fun for me. I love to read the boards and jot stuff down in my Disney notebook. :laughing: that we missed or just HAVE to do. Like in Innoventions, you posted that pig game and the other game, I had no idea about those. I didn't even see them the last time we were there. So, they're on my list! I haven't booked anything yet, but I know we will be staying at Pop. That was our plan at the end of last trip. I'm glad to see you have had positive experiences there. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO!!

jc040404
11-28-2010, 10:54 PM

GaRain
11-29-2010, 09:13 AM
[COLOR="Blue"]Hmmm.. We are probably going to be in the parks at the same time! ;) I haven't made up my mind on where or when yet, but we need to get Andrew a new stocking. He's been set on a silly Rudolph stocking he spotted when just a little guy and it's not going to make it another year. He picked out a couple possibles in the parks and I want to have them up by next weekend.

I will send you a PM before we leave on Wednesday and let you know where we will be. I would love to say hi and tell you how much I love your TR in person! You would have to be ok with a picture though - :rotfl2:

jc040404
11-29-2010, 09:17 PM

jc040404
11-29-2010, 10:37 PM

onescgirl
11-30-2010, 05:37 AM
So cute that your boys said the bunny was on vacation too!

I love how ya'll took the time to go to CS to give CM Joe some recognition. I'm sure they mostly just hear complaints from people, so it was very kind for ya'll to do that.

I don't think I've ever been on the Winnie the Pooh ride. Somehow we missed doing it on both of our trips.:confused3

GaRain
11-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Sounds great! We're looking at going Saturday, but it's still back and forth on the park choice. I want to start packing all this holiday stuff in before Christmas!

Ummmm.. a picture? :scared1: :eek: :scared1: I'm already getting twitchy at the thought. I don't like cameras! :)

Can't have a Dis meet up without cameras being involved! Maybe I can convince Andy-roo to take a pic with me, even though I am not Alice.

Oh - and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :lovestruc

jc040404
11-30-2010, 03:30 PM

jc040404
11-30-2010, 05:50 PM

jc040404
11-30-2010, 06:05 PM
If anyone happens to try to go through this area during a night parade, I would love to hear about it. Have they made any changes or added a CM back there? I'd love to know, but I have ZERO desire to check it out myself!

Dugette
11-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Wow!!! :scared1: I know the area you are talking about, but I guess I've never been through it when it's crowded. Yikes! That sounds scary! I don't know what I would have done in that situation, either.

I'm glad you have a do-over trip so soon after. I hope it is significantly more magical! pixiedust:

IheartDDuck
11-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh my goodness, I honestly don't know what I would have done either if I was in your position!

I am constantly amazed at how rude people are, and how out of hand they can get. I simply don't understand it. Everything turns into a fight somehow. I'm really sorry that you had to go through that. :eek:

jc040404
12-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Wow!!! :scared1: I know the area you are talking about, but I guess I've never been through it when it's crowded. Yikes! That sounds scary! I don't know what I would have done in that situation, either.

I'm glad you have a do-over trip so soon after. I hope it is significantly more magical! pixiedust:

Am I right about it being the the handicap access to the boat? We've never walked through there again to figure it out. I keep checking out maps, but I'm still a little confused about where exactly everyone is headed.

The next visit is much better. So are the rest of them so far! This visit was nuts, but I know we were just super unlucky to experience all of this. Thank goodness it wasn't a first visit. I'd never have wanted to return!

Oh my goodness, I honestly don't know what I would have done either if I was in your position!

I am constantly amazed at how rude people are, and how out of hand they can get. I simply don't understand it. Everything turns into a fight somehow. I'm really sorry that you had to go through that. :eek:

Right! Remember this was late July and crazy hot & humid, too. Everyone was just too tired and hot from the day to handle anything that late, I'm betting. That always makes things sooo much worse! It's so nuts how you can feel the difference in the guests and CMs as the weather cools down.

They do really need to look into that area though. I was just about terrified. Everyone says how Disney has such amazing security that you don't even notice. They definitely weren't in that area! I don't understand how some of this can go on and really wonder if they're not simply ignoring it until something serious does happen. KWIM?

jc040404
12-02-2010, 01:25 AM

AprilRenee
12-02-2010, 04:25 PM
An update! "Hooray!"
So I just got on and looked at my User CP and you were the last poster on all 3 of my subscribed trip reports. Haha!

jc040404
12-02-2010, 05:36 PM

IheartDDuck
12-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Sounds like you were having a good morning so far! :thumbsup2

I wish I lived close enough to take day trips to Disney...

jc040404
12-02-2010, 09:44 PM

IheartDDuck
12-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeppers! This was a good one. I'll have another update in a bit. It's soooo cold here today, so we've just been hanging out here and watching Christmas dvds. I got some typing done. :)

As for living close.. John and I have talked about moving closer to WDW sooo many times. Maybe not all the way there, possibly near Lakeland or something. We're not big fans of Polk County though, but you'll find out why in a later update. :lmao: I don't know Florida well enough to really look into it. I do wish we were close enough to just go whenever we felt like it. I almost had him talked into heading to MK for dinner a few days ago, but I still feel far enough away that it takes some planning. It's still three hours total in the car to go and come back. Not such an easy project with the boys. :sad1:

Oh man, I wish I had your kind of cold in Florida. It's 25 by me today! :scared1:

jc040404
12-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Oh man, I wish I had your kind of cold in Florida. It's 25 by me today! :scared1:

:lmao: Yeah, I should probably keep quiet about the "cold" here, huh? I don't think I could survive that right now! It's 46 right now. We were all in shorts a couple of days ago. I'm not ready for it yet!

jc040404
12-02-2010, 10:31 PM

IheartDDuck
12-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Hee hee, I love that Blake screams in the stretching room. I do too....:rolleyes1

jc040404
12-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Hee hee, I love that Blake screams in the stretching room. I do too....:rolleyes1

That is too funny! :rotfl: Soooo, are these walls actually stretching? Or, are we going down, like an elevator? I can't make up my mind on this. I tried to drag my feet to check out if the carpet had a break in it, but everyone is always pushing you so much. I haven't figured it out!

jc040404
12-03-2010, 12:18 AM

CAStevens218
12-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Great update! I got so sad when Blake was upset about Small World! I'm glad you had a better trip this time! Except that PPF guy! There's no excuse for behavior like that!!

jc040404
12-03-2010, 04:06 PM
[.

jc040404
12-03-2010, 04:18 PM

jc040404
12-03-2010, 04:22 PM

Dugette
12-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Am I right about it being the the handicap access to the boat?
You know, I'm not sure either. But that whole area was designed to bypass the parade, I thought, so it seems like they could have designed that part better!

I do wish we were close enough to just go whenever we felt like it. I almost had him talked into heading to MK for dinner a few days ago, but I still feel far enough away that it takes some planning. It's still three hours total in the car to go and come back. Not such an easy project with the boys. :sad1:
Where were you going to try for dinner? Just curious. How fun that would be to be close enough! I'd love it, but it would probably be dangerous (to our $$).

I was just working on the next part of this day and starting thinking about the music from the street party at MK. I decided to look it up on youtube and clicked on a video someone had uploaded. The date on it was a day we were at MK, so I started watching.. We're in it! I couldn't believe it! I had to share. I'll post it when I get to that day. I thought it was hilarious and made John watch. They caught a teeny second of Andrew dancing. I can't believe how fat I look in it though. But yeah, I've gained a lot this year. Is it possible to do WDW often while dieting? I'm going to start finding out as I've been working on this for a few weeks now.

I guess you never know where you might see yourself when you go to WDW!
That's pretty crazy! I had a similar experience. I ran across someone else's Star Wars Weekend TR on the Dis. Started reading and found some crazy coincidences: we were both from MN, we went to the same SWW, we were in a lot of the parks at the same times, etc. But the craziest part is that we were at the same Dessert Party and we were in one of their pics! Wild!

I totally don't get what that PPF CM meant about, "It's all the same line!" What was he trying to tell everyone? :confused3

jc040404
12-03-2010, 10:32 PM

jc040404
12-04-2010, 12:38 AM

jc040404
12-04-2010, 12:55 AM

AprilRenee
12-04-2010, 01:51 AM
How's the TR so far? I feel like I'm being too detailed. Is it okay? Too many/too little pics? Am I favoring one child over the other? I'm worrying about that.. I'm thinking too much..

Have a great weekend!

It's great!! I like the details. Pics are good too. You're doing a good job of telling each days story and making it separate from last year. Like we get to hear about the little interesting stories that happened during each day and it's not just "We did this ride, then this ride, then this ride" You're good at putting in the right details.

I think you're doing well with giving both boys time. It's nice that Blake is a little older this year. It seems like he getting to ride more and you can do more things as a group instead of having to split up cause he's too little to ride things.

IheartDDuck
12-04-2010, 06:34 PM
That is too funny! :rotfl: Soooo, are these walls actually stretching? Or, are we going down, like an elevator? I can't make up my mind on this. I tried to drag my feet to check out if the carpet had a break in it, but everyone is always pushing you so much. I haven't figured it out!

I am pretty sure that it's an elevator. If you pay attention, sometimes a cast member will start the elevator before the door actually closes completely, so you'll see that you start to go down.

Great update, love the pictures. I also love being there with people that have never been before. It's so great to see it through their eyes. It makes it feel new again.

jc040404
12-04-2010, 10:15 PM

jc040404
12-04-2010, 10:19 PM

IheartDDuck
12-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I will definitely be watching next time for any button pushing. Do you think anyone would tell you if you asked? I'm tempted to, or at least tell dh to ask anyway, but figured they wouldn't spoil the magic with a real answer. I read on the theme parks board that DL has an elevator, but WDW doesn't. Then it turned into fighting, as they often do, and I never figured out who was right. I wanna know!

Spending time with WDW newbies is the best! We've met a few and they're usually so excited! LOVE it!

I've heard that it's one way in Disneyland and on way in Disney World, but I can never remember which one is which. And I've been to both, so that doesn't help the matter either! :rotfl: It is very possible I am confused. LOL.

jc040404
12-05-2010, 06:04 PM

pookersmom
12-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Lots of great updates -- I've just been getting caught up. I was gone for most of November doing National Novel Writing Month. I dunno what I was thinking.

Anyway, I loved seeing Andrew and Blake in someone else's trip report. How fun!!

You could never include too much detail for me -- reading trip reports keeps me from annoying my husband and son until our trip in January. Hehe...

arubio0801
12-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Yay!! So glad I found your TR I was missing it!! So happy you decided to do another one! Can't wait for an update!!:flower3:

Lisa29
12-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Loving the updates so far. No need to change anything about them! :thumbsup2

jc040404
12-06-2010, 07:48 PM
[.

pookersmom
12-06-2010, 08:34 PM
January is almost here! When's your trip??

We're driving down to Tallahassee the weekend of the 8th & 9th, spending one night with my husband's mom, then we're at CBR from the 10th through the 18th, and then we'll go back to Tallahassee to spend a few more days with her before we drive home.

We like to drive. Because we're insane. :rotfl2:

IheartDDuck
12-06-2010, 09:46 PM
This got me too curious. I've just been sitting here searching to find out what it is. :lmao:

From wikipedia, so I guess it could still be wrong! ;)

That is likely right. It's possible that I saw the elevator action in Disneyland. Fun though the things that you find out. ;)

jc040404
12-06-2010, 10:26 PM

onescgirl
12-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Andy looked so cute with Belle. I'm glad he was picked to be in the storytime.

That is so cool that you saw your family in the Youtube video! I can't wait to see it.

jc040404
12-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Andy looked so cute with Belle. I'm glad he was picked to be in the storytime.

That is so cool that you saw your family in the Youtube video! I can't wait to see it.

I was so glad he was picked, too! Andrew was so sure that Belle's helper was going to bring him up. It was awesome that it worked out. Blake did get a little jealous during the show with big brother up there though. Poor little guy. I'm hoping whenever we try the new Tangled thing that they take younger ones, as well. I haven't really looked into to it enough just yet.

jc040404
12-08-2010, 01:41 AM

jc040404
12-08-2010, 01:54 AM

GaRain
12-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I was supposed to be at Disney tomorrow, but dh is going to work extra instead. Silly man. His priorities are off. Who would choose work over Mickey! :confused3 I know a couple of you are there right now. :banana: Hope everyone is having fun!!

I did check the line of kids waiting to see Alice over at EPCOT, just in case.....sorry we didn't get to see ya!
Um, the donald hats? Heck yeah man, we bought 2, 1 for my brother and 1 for his son, I love them!!
We encountered a LOT of rude guests, but only 1 real, well, not rude, but not very good CM and that was when my room was flooded. I want to go back to my value resorts after this trip!!!

Andy-roo is looking like a boy in these pictures and not a baby anymore - they are growing up so fast!!! So cute!!!

Hmmmm, don't you have an ADR....

CAStevens218
12-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Sounds like a fun morning! I was totally "shopping" while looking at your pictures! We leave tomorrow...what to buy??!!?

In the back of the picture you took with the lollipops I could see one of those things where you get the tube full of pure sugar. Ugghhh, sooo gross and my "grown-up" boyfriend always insists he neeeddds one! I've manage to talk him out of it in the past, but I have a feeling he might win this trip. Disgusting!

Dugette
12-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Sounds like a nice morning at Pop. Except for the creepy person watching the kids at the pool.

Did Blake get the "cereal" bowl? I think I could eat cereal out of that...I like cereal! :rotfl:

Yeah, those squished animals are strange.

I can't wait to hear if you figure out the ADR!

IheartDDuck
12-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I like to research stuff. WDW and DISboards give so much to look into. So much fun!

So jealous that you've been to DL, btw.. I don't see us making it out there unless something huge happens. The price, distance, and the whole flying thing aren't things we're interested in. :sad1:

Sad news.. I ruined my last TR by trying to work on photobucket. I messed up all the pic links and turned into a bunch of unhappy "this pic doesn't exist" type boxes. :sad: It's gone now.

Oh no, that's terrible about Photo Bucket! I totally did that once before too.

I definitely have not been to Disneyland as often as I have been to Disney World. I try to make it a goal to make it out there every few years. I'm waiting to go back in 2012 when the California Adventure remodel is finished! :banana: I have made it a personal goal to make it to all five Disney locations. Three down, two more to go! LOL.

I love researching stuff on Disney too. Sometimes I think I spend too much time on it...:rolleyes1

jc040404
12-10-2010, 07:05 PM

pookersmom
12-11-2010, 07:02 PM
I love Blake's cereal bowl. Awesome! It's like how Jerry Seinfeld used to eat cereal on his show.

Actually, to be perfectly honest, we drive because my husband has Asperger's and we have learned that being in an airport, with all its many potential stressors, is just not worth it -- he stresses for days leading up to it, then stresses while on the vacation knowing we have to go through it again to go back home. So we figure if we ever want to go to Europe, we'll drug him up, but if it's any place we can drive, we'll drive.

My son is 9, and he's always done really well in the car -- we're road trippy people anyway, always heading out for the day on the weekends and just exploring. He sets himself up in the backseat with his portable DVD player, his Nintendo DS, and some books, and he's good to go for several hundred miles. Last time we drove down to Florida two years ago, we drove straight through (THAT was insane and I will never do it again!) and he slept most of the way because we left here around dinnertime on a Wednesday and arrived in Tallahassee around 2am the following night (Friday morning).

This time, I'm looking forward to a nice leisurely drive; we have taken two weeks off work. We've chosen some potential eateries from way too many viewings of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, and we're stopping in New Orleans to see some friends too. Less than a month away now! W00t!

pookersmom
12-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Random -- that whole thing double posted. It was long-winded enough once!

jc040404
12-11-2010, 10:56 PM
[.

jc040404
12-11-2010, 11:14 PM

jc040404
12-11-2010, 11:18 PM

AprilRenee
12-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Yay an update!
You haven't seen Pirates!?!?! You have 2 little boys...how have you not seen pirates!? K...it might be a little scary...but it's SO good. Worth seeing with you and John after the boys go to bed. I refused to see it in theaters cause I thought it was probably overrated. Then we got it for Christmas the year it came out on DVD and I ended up watching it twice in a row on Christmas day...it was that good!

Side note, you planning any Disney days for Jan 3-9? We will be there then and I'd love to meet you and say hi if we ended up at the same park on the same day.

IheartDDuck
12-12-2010, 10:52 AM
That is priceless that Blake yells at random times for the redhead wench! That's totally awesome, I have to admit.

We love CoP too. It's such a great way to have a break during the day.

You have to watch to Pirates movies. By far the first one is the best, but I do enjoy the other two as well. :thumbsup2

jc040404
12-12-2010, 02:52 PM
[.

jen22984
12-12-2010, 09:37 PM
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"]Isn't it hilarious? He was doing it at the grocery store today even. "We wants the redhead!" It is kinda tough to understand when he uses his pirate voice. :lmao:

I think he was just calling for his 2 best girl friends! ;)

jc040404
12-14-2010, 12:46 AM
I think he was just calling for his 2 best girl friends! ;)

I didn't think about that! :rotfl: Maybe you're right!

jc040404
12-14-2010, 02:17 AM

GaRain
12-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Too bad that we didn't get to meet. I need to stop saying I'll be at WDW on a particular date. It never seems to happen! :rotfl: I really seem to be bad at planning and sticking to things.

I actually thought that Donald hat was kinda neat until Andrew told me his thoughts on it! :rotfl:

I totally read your comment wrong and thought you DIDN'T run into a lot of rude people. Sorry 'bout that. The boys were running around when I shouldn't have popped on DISboards. haha.. Yuck that you did! We did yesterday and did have a few that needed breaks, but it wasn't terrible. Hope you still had a nice time. Your room was flooded though?? Yikes. Are you doing a TR? This doesn't sound fun!
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"]:banana::banana::banana:

I do plan on doing a trip report. I am delayed due to illness - thanks DAD!!!
I did have a nice time and we got to do a lot.
Yup, flooded room - just what you want when you come back to your room at 10pm and all you want to do is shower and sleep.....and they didn't handle it well....

AprilRenee
12-14-2010, 12:13 PM
We might be doing the 9th, but it'll depend on dh's schedule. Things are changing for him at the start of the year, but I don't know when exactly "the start of the year" is right now. :rotfl: I'll keep you updated! It'll be here before we know it!

Sounds good. Let me know! It IS coming up fast!! My brothers are FINALLY starting to get excited! Took them long enough. They just don't know what amazingness they're in for.

onescgirl
12-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Great posts!
I can't believe you've never seen a Pirate's of the Caribbean movie or didn't know who Justin Beiber was. What's wrong with you? :laughing:

IheartDDuck
12-14-2010, 01:00 PM
I love that Andrew likes to stand on the moving walkway up to the top of the Peoplemover. Here's my thing. Are people so impatient, that waiting for 1 extra minute to get to the top is an annoyance? A rhetorical question, obviously, because we all know how people are. But seriously, is our time really THAT important? Is anyone worth thousands of dollars per minute? :lmao: I certainly am not!

Oh, I'm sorry that Splash makes you nervous. I'm one of those weirdos. I love thrill rides, the taller and faster, the better they are to me. I do love all of the rides at Disney though, thrilling or not. I just have a little bit of an adrenaline problem.....:rolleyes1

jc040404
12-15-2010, 12:51 AM
I do plan on doing a trip report. I am delayed due to illness - thanks DAD!!!
I did have a nice time and we got to do a lot.
Yup, flooded room - just what you want when you come back to your room at 10pm and all you want to do is shower and sleep.....and they didn't handle it well....

That stinks! Hope you feel better soon!

Glad you had a nice time, but this just sounds nuts. I'll definitely be following along on your TR! Let me know when you begin in case I miss it. :goodvibes

Sounds good. Let me know! It IS coming up fast!! My brothers are FINALLY starting to get excited! Took them long enough. They just don't know what amazingness they're in for.

I'm so excited for you, too! I'll definitely update you when he finds out for sure.

Great posts!
I can't believe you've never seen a Pirate's of the Caribbean movie or didn't know who Justin Beiber was. What's wrong with you? :laughing:

Yeah, I know.. I don't think I was missing much on the Justin Beiber thing though. :lmao: No offense to his fans or anything.. :goodvibes

I love that Andrew likes to stand on the moving walkway up to the top of the Peoplemover. Here's my thing. Are people so impatient, that waiting for 1 extra minute to get to the top is an annoyance? A rhetorical question, obviously, because we all know how people are. But seriously, is our time really THAT important? Is anyone worth thousands of dollars per minute? :lmao: I certainly am not!

Oh, I'm sorry that Splash makes you nervous. I'm one of those weirdos. I love thrill rides, the taller and faster, the better they are to me. I do love all of the rides at Disney though, thrilling or not. I just have a little bit of an adrenaline problem.....:rolleyes1

I think it's not so bad on the Peoplemover, but the one after POTC really seems to irritate people when we don't rush up. Is it really that important? :confused3

I so wish I liked Splash. I really do! Andrew loves it so, but I just can't get past that drop. I realize that it's completely safe and only lasts a couple seconds, but I just can't handle it for some reason. When you get to the top and can't see exactly where you're going because it's so straight down.. I just can't do it! That's the moment that gets me really. If I could see where I was going instead of feeling like I'm being tossed off a cliff, I could do this. Glad you like it though! I won't be holding up the line for ya! :rotfl:

jc040404
12-15-2010, 01:03 AM
August 14th, 2010 - Saturday - Day Five

This Disney day began as so many in the past had. We got out of the house early and on the road in hopes of making rope drop. Where were we headed? The Magic Kingdom, of course! Much of the beginning of this Disney seemed to be spent there. It’s our favorite place. ;) I’m trying to break out of that routine, but we’ll see how it goes.

We made it to the TTC in what I felt was plenty of time. My husband threw the entire plan by needing a potty break. Oh well. We jumped on the monorail and had a section all to ourselves. As we neared the MK monorail station, we saw all the characters singing and dancing in the good morning show. We just missed it! No more coffee for John!

He suggested we race through bag check next. He took the stroller one direction and I took my bag the other. I lost. It was sad. Of course, John was a gracious winner and didn’t spend the entire walk back to Fantastyland rubbing this in. :rolleyes:

We took the routine, back around by the tea cups with plans for Pooh. John moved the stroller over by the wall and a CM walked up. He said the strollers were supposed to be down a bit, but we found a shady spot so he’d leave it. I don’t know why he shared if it was okay where it was, but thanks!

He and John started chatting. We learned he was from Clearwater and thought Saturday was the best day of the week to visit MK. It wasn’t the most exciting conversation, but he was a nice guy. We agree taht Saturdays are sometimes pretty nice days to visit. I guess most guests travel on the weekends. We were off to the honey pots next!

I know you’re going to be so disappointed. I didn’t take my “hooray” pic this time! We were having too much and I didn’t remember I was doing this until the ride was too far. :sad:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9300.jpg

When we walked back outside, our stroller had been moved into the sun! Another CM had been eyeing us the entire time John talked to Clearwater CM. I had a feeling she was waiting to pounce on it. :rotfl: She smiled as we turned to our now sunny stroller. It was so funny! She had this smug, victorious look on her face. John and I couldn’t stop laughing over it, despite saying we should humor her and act grumpy about it all. Too funny!

Andrew started begging to visit with Alice, but we knew we were much too early. A tea cup ride was suggested in place and he was fine with it. We could wait for Alice after. Blake decided to come along with us, too. John has never joined in on this one. I know he wouldn't make it with all that spinning!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9313.jpg

As the ride began, both boys insisted that I spin us as fast as I could. This early in the day, spinning didn’t sound good to me, but I started us moving as they instructed. Not a couple spins into it, Blake’s little face turned white. He wasn’t going to last this and I worried we were about to have a mess on our hands. I slowed us down and asked if he was alright.

“Spin faster, mommy!” my little boy yelled at me.

My children are crazy. I didn’t return to the fast spinning and Blake made it out alright. Thank goodness. I wonder how often guests get sick on the tea cups? I'm glad I've never noticed it!

We followed Andrew’s plan and found a spot to wait for Alice. The boys had a morning snack, while I took some pictures. Andrew took over my camera after that. We knew she’d be around near 9:30 and didn’t think we’d be waiting long. It was empty around here and nice wait.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9314.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9320.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9323.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9333.jpg

Our short wait turned into a much longer wait when Alice didn’t seem to be coming out this day. After taking Blake for a change, we spotted the White Rabbit walking alone. :( No Alice today. The CM with him said she was having tea with the queen this morning and couldn’t come visit. Huh?? Had he even seen the movie? Alice wouldn’t be having tea with the queen! Andrew couldn’t believe this story. The queen is the bad guy of Alice’s movie! The CM just laughed and couldn’t come up with anything. :lmao: Maybe he’ll think his reason through a little more next time!

We stuck around to visit with the White Rabbit and snap some pics.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9351.jpg

It was already starting to heat up outside and our waters were dry. Knowing we needed to get that taken care of first, the journey across FL began. We paused by PPF for FPs for later. Guess who was there! Our “It’s all the same line!” buddy from before! He was just as grumpy as the last time, too.

We moved on to our favorite spot, CHH, to get our ice water. They weren’t serving just yet, of course, but we’re always able to get water before. John just had to wait a few minutes first. While he did, I took some pictures!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9353.jpg
Proof that you can too use TS credits here! I must’ve been reading DDP threads before this visit..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9355.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9358.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9359.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9364.jpg

When John came back and had our bottles filled, that old question began again.

“What do you wanna do?”

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9366.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9367.jpg

We just stood here for a few minutes asking this back and forth. Since this was right beside the Haunted Mansion, it was really easy to decide in the end. Andrew was even okay with it!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9369.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9372.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9374.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9375.jpg

Back to visit our buddy at the PPF FP line!

pookersmom
12-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Me!! I love the drop on Splash Water Mountain!!

I can't do spinning, though. Not at all.

Now I'm sitting here at work with the Winnie the Pooh "Hip Hip Hooray" song stuck in my head...

IheartDDuck
12-15-2010, 08:48 PM
I had no idea that CCH took table service credits. They must have a lot of people that feel they need to get rid of them. I always use my credits to the fullest! :rotfl:

Your conversation of what to do reminds me of us too....

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't know, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know....."

You understand.

jc040404
12-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Me!! I love the drop on Splash Water Mountain!!

I can't do spinning, though. Not at all.

Now I'm sitting here at work with the Winnie the Pooh "Hip Hip Hooray" song stuck in my head...

Another crazy person! :rotfl: I'm not huge on the spinning either, but that's a little easier for me to take than Splash!

I had no idea that CCH took table service credits. They must have a lot of people that feel they need to get rid of them. I always use my credits to the fullest! :rotfl:

Your conversation of what to do reminds me of us too....

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't know, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know....."

You understand.

Using a TS credit at CHH would be completely nuts, but it's nice that they do for the people who don't plan. I still think you'd be able to get something before using them there though.

I always have to think of those silly vultures from The Jungle Book when we start playing that question game! :rotfl:

jc040404
12-16-2010, 10:19 PM
We did three parks in a day last week to squeeze in some holiday fun. While at MK, the boys met Santa Claus! I usually skip buying photopass pics (because they SUCK!) but we got the free download card in the Mickey Monitor. I picked their Santa pic and it was available today! I thought I'd go ahead and share since I know there's no way I'll get to Christmas before Christmas at this point! :lmao:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/ectectectectectect/22759710000.jpg

He was definitely the best Santa we've met since Andrew was born!

pookersmom
12-16-2010, 11:35 PM
That's a great Santa photo! They're so cute. (The boys. Not Santa. He's just okay.)

AprilRenee
12-17-2010, 01:29 AM
LOVE the pic!!! SO cute!!! Blake's grin is adorable!!

snowmanlover
12-20-2010, 08:47 PM
LOVE the photo of the boys with Santa, what a sweet picture!!

Are the boys excited about Christmas?

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family! I know I'm early, but don't know when I will be here again.

onescgirl
12-21-2010, 09:02 PM
That is the best Santa picture ever!:santa:

jc040404
12-22-2010, 12:24 AM
That's a great Santa photo! They're so cute. (The boys. Not Santa. He's just okay.)

LOVE the pic!!! SO cute!!! Blake's grin is adorable!!

LOVE the photo of the boys with Santa, what a sweet picture!!

Are the boys excited about Christmas?

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family! I know I'm early, but don't know when I will be here again.

That is the best Santa picture ever!:santa:

Thanks! I wish I'd dressed them in something cute, but that day was soo cold!

We're all super excited about Christmas. I think I might be most really. I can't wait to see them that morning. :yay::yay::yay: Hope everyone has a super happy holiday!! :goodvibes

We're doing MK thursday if anybody's going to be around. ;) Two days before Christmas even, with MK having AM EMH. It should be an adventure. :scared1: Touringplans has it at a 9.8. I'm terrified, but hoping we last until the fireworks. :rotfl: We haven't seen the castle lit up for the holiday yet, so I know we'll manage til then. I have no real park plan right now either, aside from waiting for the parade and stuff most of the day. Any advice?

IheartDDuck
12-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Thanks! I wish I'd dressed them in something cute, but that day was soo cold!

We're all super excited about Christmas. I think I might be most really. I can't wait to see them that morning. :yay::yay::yay: Hope everyone has a super happy holiday!! :goodvibes

We're doing MK thursday if anybody's going to be around. ;) Two days before Christmas even, with MK having AM EMH. It should be an adventure. :scared1: Touringplans has it at a 9.8. I'm terrified, but hoping we last until the fireworks. :rotfl: We haven't seen the castle lit up for the holiday yet, so I know we'll manage til then. I have no real park plan right now either, aside from waiting for the parade and stuff most of the day. Any advice?

I love being there when the castle has the lights on it! I am going over New Years and have been there before. Just be prepared for a lot of people and have your patience with you and you should be fine.

jc040404
12-22-2010, 01:45 AM
I love being there when the castle has the lights on it! I am going over New Years and have been there before. Just be prepared for a lot of people and have your patience with you and you should be fine.

I love the castle all lit up like that! We keep picking MVMCP days to go to MK so we haven't seen it yet this year. :sad: I can't wait until thursday!!

Since we aren't really trying to accomplish anything in the park beyond the parade and fireworks, I'm hoping there won't be any issues. Lines and stuff aren't important, thankfully. I keep reading how nasty people are being though and that worries me. Do you know if Mickey & Minnie are in their holiday outfits in Toontown this time of year, or was that just a MVMCP thing? I need to look it up. :confused3

IheartDDuck
12-23-2010, 04:58 PM
I love the castle all lit up like that! We keep picking MVMCP days to go to MK so we haven't seen it yet this year. :sad: I can't wait until thursday!!

Since we aren't really trying to accomplish anything in the park beyond the parade and fireworks, I'm hoping there won't be any issues. Lines and stuff aren't important, thankfully. I keep reading how nasty people are being though and that worries me. Do you know if Mickey & Minnie are in their holiday outfits in Toontown this time of year, or was that just a MVMCP thing? I need to look it up. :confused3

Honestly, I don't know. The last couple of times I was there over the holiday, we didn't head over to Toontown, so I never got to check it out.

People do tend to be pushier during the holiday, I'm not going to lie. I think because you've got a lot of people there, people that don't go regularly, and maybe they get overwhelmed sometimes.

Or, the option that I like to go with is that they have a bug permanently stuck up their butt. :rotfl:

haven_alise1997
12-27-2010, 11:39 PM
popcorn:: anxiously awaiting to find out if the crowds and moods were bad on your close to Christmas visit. .... you'll have to give us just a lil preview without giving away too much since you aren't there in your TR though...hmmm. How to manage that one? lol. :confused3

jc040404
12-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Honestly, I don't know. The last couple of times I was there over the holiday, we didn't head over to Toontown, so I never got to check it out.

People do tend to be pushier during the holiday, I'm not going to lie. I think because you've got a lot of people there, people that don't go regularly, and maybe they get overwhelmed sometimes.

Or, the option that I like to go with is that they have a bug permanently stuck up their butt. :rotfl:

It really wasn't all that bad. :thumbsup2 Thanks for the holiday WDW help!

popcorn:: anxiously awaiting to find out if the crowds and moods were bad on your close to Christmas visit. .... you'll have to give us just a lil preview without giving away too much since you aren't there in your TR though...hmmm. How to manage that one? lol. :confused3

Hmmm.. I dunno! I don't think it was even close to as bad as I'd been anticipating and we all had such a great time. We did have a few interesting moments with rude/crazy guests that I'll post about eventually. Even those were more funny (to us at least!) than a real bother. :rotfl:

Queenofallthings
12-28-2010, 11:22 PM
I just realized you had started another TR...I have no idea how I missed that! I just spent the last hour reading the whole thing....great report!!

Jasmine would like you to tell Andrew that she says "Hi"!!!

karebear23
12-28-2010, 11:31 PM
I love the Santa picture! So sweet!
We didn't get to see the castle lit up when we went I was bummed:sad2: .
Darn MVMCP! Oh well I guess next year!:goodvibes

I totally forgot they were taping the parade when we went it was horrible trying to get around...but neat to see the parts of the parade and how they do it!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas:goodvibes!

jc040404
12-30-2010, 11:27 PM
I just realized you had started another TR...I have no idea how I missed that! I just spent the last hour reading the whole thing....great report!!

Jasmine would like you to tell Andrew that she says "Hi"!!!

Welcome to year two!! Andrew says "Hi!" back.. Or he probably will when I tell him tomorrow. :rotfl: Glad to have you along again!

I love the Santa picture! So sweet!
We didn't get to see the castle lit up when we went I was bummed:sad2: .
Darn MVMCP! Oh well I guess next year!:goodvibes

I totally forgot they were taping the parade when we went it was horrible trying to get around...but neat to see the parts of the parade and how they do it!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas:goodvibes!

When we watched the parade on Christmas day, I was so wishing we'd planned to be there during the taping! That had to be kinda neat, despite the trouble getting around. We kept noticing people filming stuff in the rose garden (?) on one of our Disney days, but I didn't recognize them. I wonder what that was about? :confused3

MVMCP was starting to get annoying for us with those castle lights, too. It seemed that every chance we had a free day to try WDW, they had a party that night! :rolleyes: I hope you make a visit to see it next year! :goodvibes

jc040404
12-30-2010, 11:42 PM
We wandered back to FL to park the stroller in the big lot at the end. It’s such a nice little area, despite the strollers, so the boys ran around to play for a few minutes.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9384.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9386.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9387.jpg

When we made to back to PPF, we saw that our “It’s all the same line!” buddy was no longer around. Thank goodness!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9393.jpg

We entered the line and were paused right where the FP line meets the standby line. My goofy husband asked the CM there where our buddy was today. She just made a face showing how low her opinion of this man is. John laughed and then asked if he’s always so pleasant. I figured this would be the end of it, but she did go on a bit about how he’s always grumpy and rude to guests.

This stuff is just unbelievable to me at times. I’ll never stop being amazed by all the information CMs offer up that they probably shouldn’t be saying! As I said the last time, it was sorta nice to know that the nasty incident from before wasn’t just because of us somehow though! I can stop posting about him if you all would prefer me not to. I kinda make a game of updating in my notes which days we see him.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9394.jpg
FP barrel?

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9399.jpg
I wish I was riding this right now!

Into the line, we were all off to Neverland! I rode with Andrew, as I usually do here, and John took Blake. I thought Blake was completely adorable at the end because he didn’t want to let his ship go off without him. He insisted on walking beside it until they really had to turn to exit. I thought it was sweet. He loves Peter Pan so much now!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9419.jpg

Andrew and I both needed a trip to the wildest ride in the wilderness next. Off to Frontierland! The plan was simply to grab some FPs for later, but the wait wasn’t bad at all. John offered to grab the FPs for us while we ran into standby.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9420.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9421.jpg

With twenty minutes posted, I thought we’d be in for a little bit of a wait. I snapped some pics along our path.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9425.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9427.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9428.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9429.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9430.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9431.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9432.jpg
busy day, right?

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9436.jpg
Love it!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9438.jpg

We made it to this last picture in exactly FOUR minutes! So much for the posted wait time! Woo Hoo! We had a great time and couldn’t believe we’d gotten on a train so quickly. We were going again!

Andrew and I ran back into the BTMRR line. The posted wait time had not changed, but our line time was a little longer. It took six minutes from entering standby to stepping into our train. What awesome luck! I almost wanted to go around again, but thought we’d better find something that everyone could enjoy next.

....next post....hoping to finish up day five tonight!

jc040404
12-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Where did we go??

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9440.jpg
..still haven't seen any of 'em..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9442.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9444.jpg

There was no wait at all, despite the ten minutes. Yay! We were having a great time with lines. It was so empty inside that the CM even suggested we take two rows and split up if we'd like. No one else would be joining on our boat anyway. This was neat. I sat with Andrew, and John took Blake.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9451.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9452.jpg

Andrew started the ride off acting like he was going to sit on the other side of the bench. Usually the boys want to sit close to us on rides. I knew this big kid idea wouldn’t last very long though. As soon as we neared the dark before the drop, my little man was glued to my side again. :)

Blake had a good time riding alone with his daddy. John asked me to lean back and listen as Blake sang along with the pirates.

“Yo ho! Yo ho! Pirate life meeee!”

He got it! Well, sorta. Pirates were no longer Santa’s elves anyway. He’d dropped the “ho ho” lyrics. It's sweet and sad when they lose that cute baby way of saying things, isn't it? He's really breaking my heart with this growing up stuff lately.

We paused in the shop for a few pics with the barrels just as you exit. (This is where I ran into the scary “Is it he real or not??” Captain Barbosa the year before! If you missed it, he was real. And scary.)

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9457.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9471.jpg

Everyone called it lunch time at this point so we made the journey back to CHH. Were you expecting somewhere else? It was the usual. We even had the same cashier taking our order as we always saw back then. She said she’d be moving over to EPCOT when the F&W fun began so we talked a bit about that. I’d read a lot about people getting drunk and being crazy, but she said she’s never experienced anything like this. She’d worked F&W the year before.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9481.jpg
Today we learned that you can only get Mickey milk in 1%. I'd never had anyone ask me if I wanted 1% or whole before and always went for "Mickey" milk. Exciting, right? If you want whole milk, you don't get to make fun Mickey pictures like this. ;)

A quiet lunch behind us, we just started walking. I had a picture project for the visit and needed a stop into Toontown. Soon our walking had us nearing the tea cups where we spotted someone’s favorite girl. Alice was now out, so we hopped in the line. The CM from before saw us and came over to say that he had hoped we’d make it back.

I suggested John head over to grab some FP for Buzz and waited alone with the boys. It made for an interesting experience this day because the people behind me were more than a little pushy. I’m not sure what they expected to happen, but I was getting bumped in the butt every couple of minutes. I turned to the woman, met her eyes for a moment, and asked that she not bump into me again. She knew exactly what she was doing, and I didn’t expect this would stop it.

Andrew had been moving around a bit, so told him to please keep to the front of the stroller. I didn’t want him getting bumped if she decided to keep it up. Instead of doing as I’d asked, my little man steps out to the side and looks at the guests behind us.

“Stop pushing my mommy!”

Hmmm. I know it’s wrong. He didn't listen at all. However, I was a little proud of my little knight in shining armor and found this adorable really. Yeah, I'm a bad mom. He makes a big deal of being “the man” when daddy isn’t around and must’ve felt he needed to protect mommy. I couldn't help but smile. He doesn’t seem to have my speaking up issues at all, huh? Hope that doesn’t get him into trouble later on! I did correct him and he hurried back to the stroller in front of me. Guess what though. They didn’t push me again. :rotfl:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9485.jpg
my hero

We were in line for quite some time before John made it back from Buzz. He said the lines there were insane and he’d been stuck waiting to get them. This Alice line wasn’t the shortest either. The crowds seemed to be picking up a bit as the day went on.

Soon enough, the boys had their visit with Alice. Andrew asked if she remembered him, but of course she didn’t. She did play along and comment on how tall he had grown since the last time she saw him. I love how prepared they are for all these questions. It was too cute!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9493.jpg

After Alice, we were back to my goal for the day.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9497.jpg

Jen22984 had a trip coming up soon and we’d been talking about face painting options. I decided to snap some pics of the paint cans in Toontown so she could check them out before their trip. Here they are!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9499.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9500.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9501.jpg

I have to admit that a big part of me would love to get my face painted someday..

..maybe more..maybe not..

jc040404
12-31-2010, 12:26 AM
Toontown wasn’t terribly busy, despite how that looked. Andrew requested the Barnstormer. Even though I think it’s such a short ride for the wait times, I am already missing this one so much. We’re all so sad about this one going away. It was Andrew’s first coaster. We waited outside the entrance and talked about how much we had been hoping it would be Blake’s first coaster, too. On this visit, the little guy wasn’t even close.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9502.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9504.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9506.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9507.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9511.jpg

“Mommy, you know this is just a train painted to look like an airplane, don’t you?”

While Andrew and I were crop dusting with Goofy, John and Blake had gone to explore Mickey’s house. We in that direction to find them now. Our stroller was parked just in front.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9513.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9515.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9516.jpg

Andrew said Mickey must be planning to watch a movie now. He made popcorn!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9519.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9520.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9521.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9522.jpg

I would so buy a Donald vs Mickey ping pong set!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9524.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9526.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9528.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9529.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9530.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9533.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9535.jpg

Okay, so I take way too many pictures when we’re in Toontown. I’m going to miss it!

We made it all the way through Mickey’s house with no sign of the rest of our family. I started to wonder if they might’ve gone in to visit with Mickey and Minnie, but didn’t think John would go for such a wait without letting me know first. We left Mickey’s garage and noticed our stroller was now missing.. Where did they go?

A man leaning against the fence asked me if I was looking for our stroller and pointed us towards Minnie’s. We started in that direction now and finally spotted our family. I didn’t think Toontown was big enough to lose someone before! We all decided to tour Minnie’s home next.

I took a bunch of pictures again, but I will control the urge to post them all!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9545.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9552.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9556.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9557.jpg
Doesn't that sound yummy...

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9566.jpg

I suppose these houses are in pretty rough shape.

Before leaving Toontown, an AC break was much needed at this point. Andrew wanted to go see Tink, but that line is always crazy. He had recently seen Beauty and the Beast, so we decided to see if Belle was around. Bring on the princesses!! They only had a fifteen minute wait!

...I'm on a roll...

jc040404
12-31-2010, 01:10 AM
Our wait was short. Since this was more to get out of the sun and into somewhere cool, it wouldn’t have mattered that much if it took the full fifteen. We just weren’t quite up for the 45+ to see Tink.

Our first visit was with Aurora. Neither of the boys have seen her movie yet. Andrew tried to pretend that he knew who she was until she asked what his favorite part was.

Uhhhhh..

She just laughed and said it was okay. He could watch it and then come back to tell her next time. He’d probably like the dragon best, so be sure to check out that part. They pretended to be knights and then pirates before posing for a group picture. She was so sweet!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9576.jpg

Our next visit was with my favorite princess, Cinderella! I love her in the movies, but I’m not huge fan of how she’s played in the parks. I think that big castle must’ve gone to her head? She was still fun though! She told both of the boys how gorgeous their big blue eyes are and gave them kisses.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9581.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9583.jpg
Andy-Roo doesn’t look so into this, but he really loves princess kisses!

Not interested in being left out, Blake had to smooch her back.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9584.jpg

Our last visit was with Belle. Andrew talked about the Beast and they pretended to be him.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9588.jpg

Before we could go, Andy-Roo decided to play a little trick on Belle that Alice had taught him during the last Disney year. He told her that he had a “secret” to share and asked her to lean close. Then he kissed her! Sneaky little guy, huh? She loved it and said it was the best secret she’d heard all day. Haha..

That was it for our Toontown experience and everyone was starting to get tired from our early morning. We decided a spin over to ride Buzz with our FPs would be our last stop of this Disney day.

Or so we thought..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9594.jpg

When we made it over to the ride, stand by was at 70 minutes! The FP line snaked back and forth and looked to have quite the wait itself. This was completely wild. I’ve never seen Buzz backed up so much. Instead of jumping into this mess, we decided a Peoplemover break was needed instead!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9600.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9604.jpg
Crazy!

I don’t know why I uploaded this.. Enjoy some Peoplemover video?
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/th_CIMG9607.jpg (http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/?action=view&current=CIMG9607.mp4)

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9611.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9626.jpg
So funny, Andy-Roo.. He wasn’t really asleep, of course!

When we made around to the end, Buzz was still a mess but stand by had dropped to 50 minutes. We asked to stay on for another ride and never had to leave our seats.

This time we did exit at the end. Buzz looked nuts, but the Peoplemover actually had a line and we didn’t want to hold anyone up. Down to join the FP line craziness!

I’ve never seen the lines here like this again. It was back and forth in the area and guests were not happy about it. I watched a CM getting yelled at for not allowing a family to the front of the line when their FP time came due. That was just wild. The man kept quoting “little or NO wait” and said he demanded to be let ahead. Tough for him. The CM stuck to the rules and made him join the end of the FP line.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9629.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9634.jpg
Blake wasn’t working with me on the picture thing, so brother jumped in to help. Haha.. Poor Blakers. He wasn’t upset though.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9635.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9638.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9640.jpg

I rode with Andrew again, of course. And the scores...

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9642.jpg
Go Andrew!!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9643.jpg
Mine..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9645.jpg

We will all agree to forever ignore the fact that my husband actually beat my score this time, right??

This was it for us. I thought about a Sleepy Hollow stop for our favorite MK treat, the funnel cake, but the lines were wild there. We grabbed some water in Casey’s instead and waited on Main Street for a bit. It was now time for the 3pm parade! Full day for only being three now, if you ask me!

The street was packed, so we didn’t have amazing views. I held Blake and John put Andrew on his shoulders. They could see just fine and had a fun time. Blake went wild over the Beast, Ariel and Eric. How funny. He’d never shown any interest in these characters before.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9649.jpg

That’s all folks! We rode the ferry to the TTC and hopped in the car for home. The boys fell asleep in no time at all. I even napped this time! We didn’t stay late, but we had a great time. We were back ihome in time for dinner. Well, in time to order pizza for dinner anyway!

Next Up!! We try a new resort for my birthday!!

AprilRenee
12-31-2010, 01:47 AM
Yay!! Lots of updates!! I've missed you guys! I check my subscriptions every day hoping for one.

Hope you had great Christmas!

jc040404
01-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Yay!! Lots of updates!! I've missed you guys! I check my subscriptions every day hoping for one.

Hope you had great Christmas!

The holidays kinda made me lose my interest in TR writing. I am reading a ton of them though! :goodvibes

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, too! Is it Disney time yet?? Only a couple more days for you, right?? :woohoo: We'll most likely be doing a park on thursday, if I'm feeling better. :sick: Andrew wants AK or DHS right now. Think we'll cross paths?

jc040404
01-01-2011, 04:43 PM
party: HAPPY NEW YEAR!! party:

I have a weird theory that even numbered years are destined to suck. Something rough always happens in them and that idea really held true this year. Thank goodness for WDW to keep me sane sometimes. :goodvibes I am so happy to finally see 2010 end! I fully believe that 2011 is going to be the best year ever. Hope it's a great one for everyone!!

AprilRenee
01-01-2011, 07:36 PM
The holidays kinda made me lose my interest in TR writing. I am reading a ton of them though! :goodvibes

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, too! Is it Disney time yet?? Only a couple more days for you, right?? :woohoo: We'll most likely be doing a park on thursday, if I'm feeling better. :sick: Andrew wants AK or DHS right now. Think we'll cross paths?

I'm sorry you're feeling sick! :-P No fun!
Yep, we leave EARLY EARLY Monday morning. Almost done packing and ready to go!
Thursday might work out perfectly! That's our AK day and then we're hopping over to DHS for Fantasmic that evening. I'll PM you my cell number and maybe we can "accidentally" end up in the same ride line at the same time! :-)

onescgirl
01-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Happy New Year!

Great pictures of the boys with Alice & princesses.

I say get your face painted next time you're in WDW!!!!!

PirateKate
01-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Your boys are so adorable!! You guys are so lucky to live that close.

I can't believe there was a line for the PeopleMover! How strange.

Can't wait to read more!

karebear23
01-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Wow! That line for Buzz was CRAZY!!

I took lots of pics the last few visits to toontown. Even if there isn't much there I will miss it. Lots of memories with the kids :goodvibes.

That was sneaky of Andrew to kiss Belle ;). I'm sure she loved it!

I need a disney fix soon...it's been awhile...

Can't wait to read more!
Happy New Year :goodvibes

jc040404
01-05-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm sorry you're feeling sick! :-P No fun!
Yep, we leave EARLY EARLY Monday morning. Almost done packing and ready to go!
Thursday might work out perfectly! That's our AK day and then we're hopping over to DHS for Fantasmic that evening. I'll PM you my cell number and maybe we can "accidentally" end up in the same ride line at the same time! :-)

Hope you're having fun!

Happy New Year!

Great pictures of the boys with Alice & princesses.

I say get your face painted next time you're in WDW!!!!!

Thanks!

I think I'll leave the face painting for the kids though! ;)

Your boys are so adorable!! You guys are so lucky to live that close.

I can't believe there was a line for the PeopleMover! How strange.

Can't wait to read more!

I soo wish we lived closer! Thanks for the comment on my kiddos!

With Buzz so backed up, I'm guessing others were just jumping on the same idea with the Peoplemover. It was crazy down there!

Wow! That line for Buzz was CRAZY!!

I took lots of pics the last few visits to toontown. Even if there isn't much there I will miss it. Lots of memories with the kids :goodvibes.

That was sneaky of Andrew to kiss Belle ;). I'm sure she loved it!

I need a disney fix soon...it's been awhile...

Can't wait to read more!
Happy New Year :goodvibes

I wonder if the ride had been down or something? It was really weird how the FP line was even running back and forth. I know it was busy, but I don't recall anything else being this crazy long.

I'm with you on the Disney fix! Dh's work has me completely stressed right now with time off. I want to plan more than a Disney Day! I'm hoping to start getting things moving for longer stays soon. :yay: I do not see us topping the 42 days of last year's APs though. :sad1: There just isn't enough time lately.. Got anything in planning for this year yet?

karebear23
01-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Hope you're having fun!

I wonder if the ride had been down or something? It was really weird how the FP line was even running back and forth. I know it was busy, but I don't recall anything else being this crazy long.

I'm with you on the Disney fix! Dh's work has me completely stressed right now with time off. I want to plan more than a Disney Day! I'm hoping to start getting things moving for longer stays soon. :yay: I do not see us topping the 42 days of last year's APs though. :sad1: There just isn't enough time lately.. Got anything in planning for this year yet?

No offical plans right now. I'm hoping to go sometime this month. I'm waiting for my parents to say when they can go. I also have to renew all of our passes :eek:.
At least my Parents did mine as my christmas gift!!

Well I hope you get your fix soon!

jc040404
01-05-2011, 11:07 PM
No offical plans right now. I'm hoping to go sometime this month. I'm waiting for my parents to say when they can go. I also have to renew all of our passes :eek:.
At least my Parents did mine as my christmas gift!!

Well I hope you get your fix soon!

An AP renewal for Christmas? Okay, you have the most awesome parents ever. Seriously. :thumbsup2

Hope you get back this month. I have a good feeling that we'll be there very, very soon. ;)

jc040404
01-05-2011, 11:33 PM
August 28th, 2010 - Saturday - Day 6

I knew we had to be at WDW for my birthday. How could we not? We just didn’t have much of a clue how it was going to work out. All of our plans were done last minute, without any planning at all really. We’re good at that. This is actually how we chose the resort..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/14august10/CIMG9675.jpg

Pop, ASMo, and CBR were all available at about the same rate. (Remember, I’m cheap.) I told Andrew to pick one and that would be our choice. He then proceeded to pick and re-pick until he came up with CBR! It was too funny.

I really wasn’t so thrilled with it at the time. I liked the Nemo idea, but a beach themed resort didn’t sound that interesting. I see sand and palm trees everyday, so why would I pay more for that? KWIM? I went with though. We booked one night for 116.28. Pretty nifty, IMO. I’d never seen CBR so low, but I suppose I'd never really priced it either..

On to WDW! We took the usual “up early and hope for rope drop” routine. A monorail ride after and we were waiting in front of the Mickey floral for the welcome show. As excited as we all were to have made it in time to see this, John and I were completely distracted by something else..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/DSC08905.jpg

A butterfly! It was really quite funny. We kept watching the little guy flutter back and forth, hoping to catch a pic on Mickey’s nose.

“Over there!”

“No! It's over there now!!”

It was great. We were both having way too much fun tracking this butterfly while everyone danced and sang above. I hope we didn’t annoy anyone. :rolleyes1

On to the rides! You have to be getting bored by now.. Really. We were doing MK A LOT back then, still do, and it’s all so routine. I promise we’ll do something new this day. I do!

My growing Buzz obsession took us straight into Tomorrowland to start our day.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9676.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9677.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9681.jpg
Me - gettin better?

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9683.jpg
Andrew = still asleep, I think

Then it was around to Pooh. Blake took off running as soon as he climbed off the stroller and Andrew ran to catch him.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9686.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9691.jpg

A PPF FP stop and a little cruise into the Haunted Mansion later, we were ready for our morning snack break. I have no idea what I brought this day, probably those Cascadian Farms bars again, but we took a little break near Harper’s Mill. I love taking pictures of that for some reason.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9697.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9704.jpg

While we were snacking and bird watching, I asked the boys where we should head next. It was a unanimous vote for.. Aladdin’s Magic Carpets? I guess they wanted to mix things up a bit this day. Haha.. We took a path through some buildings that had me completely confused and somehow ended up where we needed to be. Yes, I get lost in MK, despite how much of our WDW time we seem to spend in that park!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9706.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9710.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9713.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9714.jpg

We had been too late to see Aladdin and Jasmine, but John stayed in the area to see if they were coming back. He said he had a fun time watching a CM battle a tarp while he waited. It was an exciting day.

Coming out of the exit, we were having the worst time getting Blake to stand up and walk with the rest of us. I couldn’t figure out what had his interest on the ground, but reacted in mommy style telling him not to pick it up, whatever “it” was. Looking down, my baby was fascinated with something he couldn’t quite get a hold on.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9716.jpg
Nifty! I’d never really paid much attention to the coins stuck in the ground here, but we spent quite a bit of time treasure hunting now.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9720.jpg

Crowd pics!!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9721.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9722.jpg

It wasn’t exactly busy yet. We moved on to the logical choice and checked in on Blake’s redhead. Or, we started to. There were puddles to jump in first.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9725.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9726.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9728.jpg
Because I’m posting the same pictures over and over and over.. Here’s a new one! Stroller Parking. They need a new sign. This one is getting kinda beat up.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9732.jpg

POTC was at five minutes, as it usually is. Love that ride!

When we came out, I noticed quite a few halloween items that were new to the shop. We spent some time browsing around, but didn’t seen anything we really wanted. It was all the exact same stuff as the year before, so we already had some things packed away at home. At the time, we were beginning a quest to find a costume for MNSSHP. I hoped we might get lucky in the Emporium instead before we left. The selection wasn’t that great in here.

...one more coming right up!

jc040404
01-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Andrew and I wanted a ride on BTMRR while the waits were low next.. It was only ten minutes, but John grabbed FPs for later.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9736.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9739.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9741.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9745.jpg
I don’t think I’ve ever posted a picture of the ground before.

Andrew was more than a little anxious to get checked in at CBR, so we agreed to one more ride before heading out. Our PPF FP had come due already, so back to FL we went!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9746.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9755.jpg
Pause for a very serious Andrew vs Blake checkers game. Trust me, it was intense.

PPF was up to a twenty minute wait now. We were happy to have those FPs I suppose twenty isn’t bad for this one, but we’d never wait for it anymore.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9760.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9761.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9767.jpg

Andrew didn’t care about the ride at all. He kept going on about when we’d be checking in and couldn’t wait to get back in the stroller to get out of here!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9771.jpg

The boys walked ahead and beat us to the stroller parking. Then my sweet little man did something my sweet little man loves to do.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9779.jpg

Blakers picked me a birthday flower! Andrew sometimes has issues with picking flowers and told Blake he just killed a plant. He’s so sweet, huh? I don’t want my kiddos destroying the parks, so I suppose I’m glad Andrew wasn’t pulling them off, too. Unprompted, my baby gave me that little purple flower and wished me a happy birthday. It was too adorable! I tucked it in my bag and still have it today.

The boys hopped back in their seats and we were now on to the exit. John pushes the stroller, of course, but suddenly stopped short. (Don’t worry!! No one was close to bump into us! We’re not “those” stroller people!!)

“Hey! It’s a hidden Mickey!”

“Babe, I don't think these are exactly hidden. They’re pretty much everywhere.”

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9782.jpg
Don’t step on the hidden Mickeys!

I had to take a picture of it and then point out all the “hidden Mickeys” on our journey out of FL. Haha..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9785.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9791.jpg

As we crossed by the Christmas Shop, John started poking fun at me and my Prince Naveen crush. He even circled over to see if it was “my” Naveen that day. I never shouldn’t admitted how much I loved that guy’s face! Oh well. He really is too perfect though, IMO.. I just wish John would let it rest already!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9792.jpg
I can't remember why I took this picture..

Andrew temporarily forgot about his rush to get to CBR when we walked right into the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party! The area was pretty empty, so we grabbed a spot to watch and let the boys dance.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9795-1.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9796.jpg
One of my favorites of the boys at WDW. I wish I hadn’t been playing with the date/time stuff then! My camera likes to change the date/time sometimes, and I have no idea why.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9798.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9799.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9800.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9802.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9805.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9806.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9813.jpg
Who did Blake see?

..one more tonight.. hit the pic limit again..

jc040404
01-05-2011, 11:58 PM
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9815.jpg
Sebastian He would not turn for me to take a picture

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9817.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9822.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9824.jpg
Blake was being a little shy with King Louie.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9829.jpg
He tried a peek-a-boo game, but it didn’t really go anywhere.

Okay.. Time to go! We’d pop into the Emporium on the way out to check for costumes. No luck. They hadn’t put any halloween merchandise out yet. The CMs inside said they were clueless about when it would go out and hadn’t noticed any waiting yet either. Oh well. Next time!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9830.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9836.jpg

Before we could get completely out of the park, there was one last stop and that “new” thing I promised that we did this day.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9840.jpg

Popcorn! Yep, we had never tried Disney’s popcorn before! Blake was really too little for it and it just didn’t seem fair to him to get it yet. He’d given it a try a couple times before, so we decided to go with it. I even bought the souvenir bucket. The boys insist I use it everytime we watch a movie, too I don’t know if we were all just really hungry or what, but it was sooooo yummy!!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9841.jpg
monorail pic!

Since we had a snack along, the ferry won the transportation battle. We were able to sit and snack while we waited.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9842.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9845.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9851.jpg
They were so excited!

John decided to take both boys on the upper deck this day. They had such a blast doing this and I more than enjoyed my little quiet moment down with the stroller. :goodvibes

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9855.jpg
We're here! Blake was ready to go!

Off to CBR!!

Coming soon! I fall in love with a resort I never wanted to try!

Dugette
01-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Great updates! Nice work on Buzz! Love that Blake gave you a birthday flower! Can't wait to hear about CBR!

AprilRenee
01-06-2011, 12:18 AM
[QUOTE=jc040404;39421203]Hope you're having fun!

We are! :-) hoping to run into you guys tomorrow. Not sure how likely it'll be but I'll keep my eyes pealed! Have fun!!!

karebear23
01-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Yeah for trying a new resort! I can't wait to see what you think :).

GaRain
01-06-2011, 08:55 AM
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9745.jpg
I don’t think I’ve ever posted a picture of the ground before.

I think it is great that you posted that. Does anyone really pay attention to the ground as they walk through the park? Disney does such a great job with ambience that you don't really notice how the ground changes as you walk from land to land.
After taking the Keys to the Kingdom Tour - I notice this a bit more.

Love the birthday update!

jen22984
01-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Great updates!!!

The picture of Blake on the Magic Carpets is too cute! Love him!!!

I love John's hidden Mickey!

And I love how excited Andrew was to get to the new hotel! I want to try a new resort next time we make it down there, but I'm sure it will be awhile now. ;) Not sure next year is going ot be in the cards for us now!

jc040404
01-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Great updates! Nice work on Buzz! Love that Blake gave you a birthday flower! Can't wait to hear about CBR!

I don't know if I was using the cheats yet then? I can't remember when I read that in your TR. Not as good as Dug did though!

[QUOTE=jc040404;39421203]Hope you're having fun!

We are! :-) hoping to run into you guys tomorrow. Not sure how likely it'll be but I'll keep my eyes pealed! Have fun!!!

:sad: VERY unlikely now. We're not even there. Blake was up all night. When we woke up to that storm, a family vote was taken. That resulted in us finding something else to do today and trying again another day. :sad: I'm beginning to think that posting about a Disney Day kinda jinxes us! I hope you all are having a magical time! :goodvibes

Yeah for trying a new resort! I can't wait to see what you think :).

You'll find out soon! Okay, I did kinda give it away that I really love CBR now. :rotfl:

I think it is great that you posted that. Does anyone really pay attention to the ground as they walk through the park? Disney does such a great job with ambience that you don't really notice how the ground changes as you walk from land to land.
After taking the Keys to the Kingdom Tour - I notice this a bit more.

Love the birthday update!

I would LOVE to do some of those tours! It's from reading on here that I started paying attention to the changes from land to land. It is really interesting how much work they put into the details!

Great updates!!!

The picture of Blake on the Magic Carpets is too cute! Love him!!!

I love John's hidden Mickey!

And I love how excited Andrew was to get to the new hotel! I want to try a new resort next time we make it down there, but I'm sure it will be awhile now. ;) Not sure next year is going ot be in the cards for us now!

I point out those hidden Mickeys all the time now, too! Hmm.. I guess I'm just as bad as he is sometimes. :rotfl:

Can't imagine why WDW isn't looking so good for you now. ;) You've always got DL, right?

Sleeping*Beauty
01-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I am now craving Disney popcorn, I swear it is the best popcorn ever. I'm glad you guys liked it too.

jc040404
01-06-2011, 11:46 PM
I am now craving Disney popcorn, I swear it is the best popcorn ever. I'm glad you guys liked it too.

I think I'm craving some right now, too. ;) The smell of that stuff was enough to have me wanting to try it. Blake is probably technically still too little eat to be eating popcorn, but he does fine with it so I'm glad we can finally add this to our snack options!

jc040404
01-07-2011, 12:03 AM
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9856.jpg
We’re here! I totally forgot to get my camera out to catch a pic before there.

We found Custom House and parked the car. Inside, it was packed. I couldn’t believe the line to check in and had never seen such a mess in all of our Pop stays. The regular check in line was super long and lots of people were gathered around a television waiting. I was more than a little thankful for doing online check in. We were able to walk right up!

The CM that helped us was cheerful and nice, but nothing special sticks out about the experience. The boys said hello and she gave them both “I’m Celebrating” buttons for my birthday. I was surprised to learn that our room was ready. With the number of people just sitting around in here, I assumed we’d be in for a bit of a wait. We were given Jamaica 44, and the CM told me this was a preferred location. I hadn’t done a lot of research with this resort pick, but I did know this building isn’t really preferred. This was the area I was hoping for after a quick scan of the CBR thread, so it was perfect for me. I guess it’s the “preferred” area of the standard buildings maybe?

We gathered the boys from their cartoon watching and headed back out to the car to find our new home for the night.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9862.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9864.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9867.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9869.jpg

Up to this point, I wasn’t terribly thrilled with the place. I thought the pink buildings actually looked kinda ridiculous. The yellow was a little better, but still not super amazing. We had a corner room, and Andrew was in charge of letting us in..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9871.jpg

And...

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9875.jpg

I was in love. I thought this room was so bright and cheerful. The colors were perfect. There was just enough Nemo to make it adorable, but not a living cartoon. Of course, since we always stick with values, the size was a plus as well. I took too many pictures.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9877.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9883.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG98841.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9885.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9889.jpg
Blake loved it!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9892.jpg
Too cute!

There were only a few things I wasn’t super thrilled with. First, the carpet was kinda boring and felt worn under your feet. I love the new carpet at Pop right now.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9888.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9876.jpg

Second, we had that “smoking area” view. I was not a fan of that and would’ve asked for something else had I known. This doesn’t seem like the best spot for one of these really. The way it’s surrounded by the buildings, the smoke has nowhere to go. You’re forced to walk into it. These should really be placed a little farther away from the buildings so it's not trapped. It was nasty and I really don’t want my family walking into that everytime we leave our room. Thankfully, we were just here this night and only had to deal with it once. In the last few years, I’ve lost way too many people to what I truly believe were smoking related issues so I have quite the opinion on it. I'll stop before someone is offended..

Then there was this problem..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9897.jpg

Blake suddenly HAD to wash his hands every few minutes! It was cute, but on a longer stay might’ve driven me nuts after a bit. He thought it was awesome, of course.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9900.jpg

We decided to just hang out in our comfy cute room and finally have lunch. (We grabbed sandwiches before heading to CBR. I forgot that part.) Everyone was loving it and we're hoping to make this our longer stay resort in a couple of months. (I don't think I'm going to be able to justify a deluxe in my mind. I'm just too cheap for them. :sad1:)

After eating and a couple episodes of “Sonny with a Chance”, we couldn’t wait to check out more of this place. Blake hopped in the stroller and we were off to explore!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9909.jpg

Finding I loved the room, the buildings grew on me as soon as I saw them again. Well, all except the pink ones. Still not a big fan of those. ;)

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9911.jpg
Andrew loved the space. I didn’t love the running off. Snakes and alligators are all I could think about as he ran in that direction. We live beside a lake that happens to be home to about a six foot gator. I’m constantly worried about these things and the boys are never allowed around there. I have no idea why he thought it was okay to do this that day! John called for him to run back.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9912.jpg

We found that our building was a much shorter walk to the bridge than the resort board would have you think. If we hadn’t been looking around so much, it would’ve only been a couple of minutes!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9914.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9915.jpg

...next...

jc040404
01-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Our goal had been to find Old Port Royale and go check out the kids’ pool. That was what had Andrew so excited to get to the resort. We managed to get lost somehow, but eventually found our way. It was so hot that day and the pool area was packed. There wasn’t a chair that hadn’t been claimed yet and lots of “too big” kids were running the area. I don’t think we picked the best time of day to check this out!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG99201.jpg
Blake’s first water slide! He was fearless.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9925.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9926.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9927.jpg

Blake was thrilled with it all and had so much fun splash and playing. Andrew wasn’t a fan and didn’t want to play here. He was terrified of the giant bucket that dumped water all over them! This is why you’re not seeing any pictures of Andrew playing. He wasn’t! We didn’t end up staying very long because of that and were soon headed back to the room for a break.

That was the plan anyway. The boys weren’t interested in resting at all. They did both really try. Maybe WDW excitement had them that day. They had a bit of quiet time, but I decided to take them out to play so John could sleep. He was snoring away with no problem!

Sadly, it didn’t look like this was going to last very long. Check out that sky! It looked rough, but we stuck around for about ten minutes anyway.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9929.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9930.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9932.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9935.jpg
Andrew said he was on top of the world! Isn't that from Titanic? He's never even seen it!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9939.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9946.jpg
I love that one of Blakers.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9947.jpg

Little drops of rain started to fall, so we all ran back to the room to stay safe and dry. John was getting ready to come find us when we walked in. He had unpacked all of our stuff while we were gone and had some fun news for me.

"You know you didn't pack any more socks for yourself, right?"

Silly question. I couldn't believe I did this. Who manages to remember everything but their socks? My wonderful husband did offer to let me borrow some of his. :rolleyes:

"We're going shopping!"

We also had to figure out something for dinner anyway. The rain was reeeeally coming down, so none of this was all that appealing. Despite how cute our room was, we couldn't just sit there all evening, so off into the storm we went! John ran to bring the car closer while the boys and I waited under cover,against the building.

As we stood there, I noticed a WDW van driving around. She must've noticed us and saw John driving over with the car. The CM actually jumped out of the van with an umbrella and ran over to us! We all ran together under the umbrella to where John was waiting for us. How awesome was that? I wish I'd remembered her name to send some happy compliments. It was so nice!

Coming soon.. I get socks for my birthday! :lmao:

CAStevens218
01-07-2011, 09:51 AM
WOW, I have been MIA for a while since my trip! I'm finally back on and caught up with your trip report!

I love that you tried Caribbean Beach! We are thinking about a split stay between a moderate and deluxe for our honeymoon (not until 2012, but still thinking already, lol!!), and CB is one of the options! Glad to see you ended up loving it!

I know how you feel about not wanting to spend the extra money though! It hurt just to think about it! But we decided that we would do a more relaxed trip with a lot of pool/resort time, so its a little easier for me to justify!

Can't wait to keep reading!!!

PirateKate
01-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Caribbean Beach looks great! That is the one moderate resort we have never stayed at. Now, I'm seriously considering it for our next trip. I think my boys would love playing in the water. Is it supposed to be for little kids only? I hate it when there are big kids in toddler play areas.

jc040404
01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
WOW, I have been MIA for a while since my trip! I'm finally back on and caught up with your trip report!

I love that you tried Caribbean Beach! We are thinking about a split stay between a moderate and deluxe for our honeymoon (not until 2012, but still thinking already, lol!!), and CB is one of the options! Glad to see you ended up loving it!

I know how you feel about not wanting to spend the extra money though! It hurt just to think about it! But we decided that we would do a more relaxed trip with a lot of pool/resort time, so its a little easier for me to justify!

Can't wait to keep reading!!!

Welcome back!! How was your trip??

It was really nice there. I need to remember that. I really started working on our longer trip last night. It's going to be early March or May, depending on when he can get free from work. I tried sooo hard to justify the Poly, but it just wasn't working. I can't make the jump in my mind when I know there are so many other options that cost less. With AP room only, it was 2062 for six nights and CBR is only 779. BIG difference! I considered a split stay, too, but we'll stick with here. What deluxe are you looking at? Might I live through a TR next year instead? ;)

Caribbean Beach looks great! That is the one moderate resort we have never stayed at. Now, I'm seriously considering it for our next trip. I think my boys would love playing in the water. Is it supposed to be for little kids only? I hate it when there are big kids in toddler play areas.

I don't remember exactly how it was set up in that area, but I think it might've been by height. I just recall a lot of kids that shouldn't have been running wild in here getting pushy at the top of those slides. It made me uncomfortable letting Blake up there much. (John was following him to watch.) I'm with you about big kids being in toddler areas. That drives me nuts! There aren't a lot of safe places for the little guys to get out and run as it is.

Hope you try out CBR! We haven't managed to get back there yet, but everyone really enjoyed what we did see. I think there's even a new playground since we've been. I have some CBR FAQ thread reading to do! :goodvibes

Dugette
01-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Glad you loved CBR! Looks really nice. Love the double sinks. I'm with you on Pop's carpet being nicer, though! That kids pool area looks like fun!

Can't wait to hear about your birthday socks! :rotfl2:

I tried sooo hard to justify the Poly, but it just wasn't working. I can't make the jump in my mind when I know there are so many other options that cost less. With AP room only, it was 2062 for six nights and CBR is only 779.
I totally understand how you couldn't justify it. We actually paid under $2k for 9 (okay 8 1/4:rotfl:) nights at the Poly and we could only justify the length of time we stayed because we knew we had Club Level! A few days as part of a split stay is a little easier to justify. But do it in the low season! (And ask for a non-connecting room, there are very few and they might just put you in Hawaii :rolleyes1)

CAStevens218
01-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Welcome back!! How was your trip??

It was really nice there. I need to remember that. I really started working on our longer trip last night. It's going to be early March or May, depending on when he can get free from work. I tried sooo hard to justify the Poly, but it just wasn't working. I can't make the jump in my mind when I know there are so many other options that cost less. With AP room only, it was 2062 for six nights and CBR is only 779. BIG difference! I considered a split stay, too, but we'll stick with here. What deluxe are you looking at? Might I live through a TR next year instead? ;)

Our trip was fabulous! We had a great time AND we got engaged!! Ben proposed at the California Grill during the fireworks! That, and we rode Tower of Terror 12 times over the course of the trip, which makes it a success in my book!!

The only down side of the trip was that it was freezing!! We were just as cold if not colder than we are here in Connecticut!

We are thinking about the Beach Club. We are really between Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but the location of Beach Club helps it pull head, in my opinion. However, this is just at this point and could change significantly over the coming months!!!!! We fell in love with the Polynesian when we ate there on this trip, so who knows what will happen!! The only reason we are even thinking of anything beyond value is because we are probably going to register for the honeymoon rather than for gifts. But we shall see...

I'm not sure about doing a trip report...still thinking about it!!

jc040404
01-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Glad you loved CBR! Looks really nice. Love the double sinks. I'm with you on Pop's carpet being nicer, though! That kids pool area looks like fun!

Can't wait to hear about your birthday socks! :rotfl2:

I totally understand how you couldn't justify it. We actually paid under $2k for 9 (okay 8 1/4:rotfl:) nights at the Poly and we could only justify the length of time we stayed because we knew we had Club Level! A few days as part of a split stay is a little easier to justify. But do it in the low season! (And ask for a non-connecting room, there are very few and they might just put you in Hawaii :rolleyes1)

I can't wait to read that TR!

I'm not sure how I feel about split stays really. It seems like a hassle to pack up in the middle of a stay. John is reeeeally working on me about this poly stay. I think I've heard how this will be our last big trip before Andrew starts school at least half a dozen times. "And we won't be getting APs again.." :sad: Andrew just wants to stay at Pop Century. :confused3 I do want to try the Poly and I'm completely conflicted over it all. It is my "dream" resort, but I have sooo much trouble spending money! How bad is just going with garden view? I guess I should do some research. This would all be a little easier if he could give me some dates to work with though! :rolleyes:

Our trip was fabulous! We had a great time AND we got engaged!! Ben proposed at the California Grill during the fireworks! That, and we rode Tower of Terror 12 times over the course of the trip, which makes it a success in my book!!

CONGRATS!!! How exciting!! During the fireworks like that sounds so incredible! Ben sounds amazing already.

But seriosuly.. twelve times on Tower of Terror?? :scared1:

The only down side of the trip was that it was freezing!! We were just as cold if not colder than we are here in Connecticut!

Did I know you were in CT? That's where my honey is from actually. ;) I absolutely love it up there. Such a pretty state! It did get crazy cold for a bit though. Glad you still had fun despite the freeeeziness.

We are thinking about the Beach Club. We are really between Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but the location of Beach Club helps it pull head, in my opinion. However, this is just at this point and could change significantly over the coming months!!!!! We fell in love with the Polynesian when we ate there on this trip, so who knows what will happen!! The only reason we are even thinking of anything beyond value is because we are probably going to register for the honeymoon rather than for gifts. But we shall see...

I love the idea of registering for a honeymoon instead of gifts! I would have totally done that had we gone the big wedding route. :thumbsup2

I'm not sure about doing a trip report...still thinking about it!!

LMK if you do! I'd love to read all about it, especially that fireworks proposal!

jc040404
01-08-2011, 11:08 PM
“Does Disney sell socks?”

I’m sure they have to sell socks somewhere, right? We didn’t know where to look and didn’t want to spend the entire evening searching. Our journey took us off property to the magical world of Target. ;) They have lots of socks. The boys spotted a bunch of silly pairs, so I left with some interesting gifts. Happy Birthday to me! (FWIW, my birthday is really the next day.)

It was still raining, but not quite as bad. We sat in the Target parking lot trying to make a dinner decision. This is what Disney dreams are made of, right? Would we stay off property or go to a park? A park won, despite off property probably being the easier choice at the time. MK was open until midnight, so we were off in that direction.

At the TTC, the rain was coming down a bit more. We hadn’t prepared for this, so I did something new and exciting. We stopped in the shop and bought Disney ponchos. Well, for me and Andrew anyway. Blake was dry in the stroller and John refused to wear one. He told me I was crazy. We did the entire first Disney year without buying ponchos. He then said I wouldn’t wear that thing for more than thirty minutes, if it lasted that long. Andrew and I were ridiculously excited over these silly things that day, so I didn’t care. John just laughed at our silliness and stood by his belief that I’d never use these things again.

“You smell like a cheap shower curtain.”

He’s such a charmer, but I suppose he was right. They were pretty gross, but they were Disney ponchos!! It is sad that I’ve secretly always wanted a reason to buy one? :rolleyes1

We headed up to the monorail next and the rain started to lighten a bit. That wasn’t good. After my husband’s smart comments, I wasn’t about to take it off I wore it on the ride over and all the way to CHH. It kept raining, but became more of a light sprinkle. I really didn’t need the poncho at all and soon pulled the hood down. Andrew had his off before we neared the castle. When we parked the stroller, I did finally admit he was right. I hate when that happens. For the record, the ponchos have been in the back of my car ever since! I do own a Disney poncho now though and isn’t that all that really mattered? ;)

It was nearing 8pm at this point, and our tummies were rumbling. The day’s activities really had our eating thrown off. The boys snacked a lot on fruit and crackers in the room, but we know we really should’ve gotten to dinner much earlier than this. We were ready to finally eat! Lucky us, CHH was PACKED that night. It was too wild and I didn’t expect it at all. In the end, we all had full tummies and it completely cleared out before we finished.

Walking out of CHH, that super light sprinkle had even gone away. The rain was over. I quietly stuffed our ponchos into a bag and we went in search of some fun in Fantasyland!

First stop.. Dumbo! Even though the rain had stopped, it seemed that no one was really interested in riding. We walked all the way through the line and immediately joined the group waiting for the current ride to end. I have never been on Dumbo so fast!

In our short wait, Blake was insisting that we get a yellow Dumbo and look what happened..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/DSC08919.jpg
He got his yellow Dumbo! You even get to see a picture of me. Scary..

We joined John at the exit and he pointed us to Snow White. No line there either ! I sometimes use “no line” to refer to just a few in line, but this is 100% literal. There was no one riding at all. The CM in control even held it up so we could hop in. John suggested something different and we went with it. The boys rode alone in the seat in front of us. I loved cuddling with my honey while we both watched them point things out to each other.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/DSC08923.jpg

This Snow White ride proved to be pretty nifty. We were being paused in every scene for a few seconds. The first couple of times I thought the ride was having issues or they were slow loading, but then it started to seem intentional. Every new scene, we would stop. How awesome is this? I pulled John’s camera out again for pics later on.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/DSC08925.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/DSC08926.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/DSC08927.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/DSC08928.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/DSC08929.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/DSC08930.jpg

Best Snow White ride ever! The CMs around here all seemed to be in such amazing moods that night. Everyone was full of smiles and laughing. It was so nice to seem them all having fun, too!

We wandered over to grab FPs for Pooh next, but found the machines were shut down. Oh well. We’d just check out standby or skip it. To the 100 Acre Wood we went!

Once there, the standby wait turned out to be.. Nothing. There were only a few people ahead of us! Yay! We did find ourselves waiting for just a short bit. Pooh was still having honey pot issues. I’m not certain what was going on, but quite a few people did show up to help out on that one.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9949.jpg

Soon we were on our way..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9953.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9958.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9960.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9965.jpg
“Hooray!”

We hit another walk on and took a spin in the tea cups..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG9973.jpg

Then it was race time! The Indy Speedway was at ten minutes, but it turned out to be about fifteen or twenty. We were in that line for a very long time. I kept wondering why they weren’t opening one side of the track if the line were building up so much. As we neared our turns, I noticed they were removing cars from the track! Huh? The park was still open for another two hours. I didn’t understand this at all..

Andrew and I rode off ahead of Blake and John. We won the race, of course. It wasn’t like the rest of our family could pass or anything.. :lmao: Then waited for them at the end. I watched as a CM would jump in each car when it returned and drive it around to another area, off the track. Now I was super confused. What was going on with the race cars?

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/DSC08931.jpg

“The park closes at ten tonight,” my husband said when we were all back together again.

Oops! I had the hours all wrong. So much for our late night at MK! Everything was closing up and CMs were urging everyone towards Main Street. We started in that direction, knowing Wishes would be beginning soon and found a nice spot where Tink would fly over our heads. It was neat to how the CMs all lined up to stop guests from going back into Tomorrowland. They were very intimidating! Okay, not really, but it was interesting.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0001.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0016.jpg

With Wishes over, everyone was in the crazy rush to leave the park. We just stayed in our spot and enjoyed watching the castle change colors.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0024.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0027.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0029.jpg
Don’t turn around! You’re not allowed in there anymore!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0030.jpg

This was one of those perfect Disney moments. The boys were in the best moods and we were all so in awe of that castle. We’d never been around here to see the stars and moon on it before. Andrew was especially interested in finding out how many times the castle would change colors. Blake squealed everytime one would fade out for the next. He even called out the new color..

“Yellow!”

Hmm. It seemed that every change produced a new “yellow” castle. Guess it didn’t really matter what Dumbo we got earlier, right? He still doesn’t totally get colors. We’re working on it.

...next...

jc040404
01-08-2011, 11:18 PM
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0038.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0052.jpg
Are those hearts??

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0067.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG00741.jpg

My goal was to catch a bit of video of the stars falling. We had the perfect view. There was no one around beyond some guests on a bench and a CM sweeping the ground. At the very second I pressed the video button on my camera, this guy shows up!

Video:
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/th_CIMG0075.jpg (http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/?action=view&current=CIMG0075.mp4)

Figures, right? I will try this again! We thought about staying longer but moved towards the exit instead.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0078.jpg
still quite a few people leaving..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0081.jpg

Outside of the gates, our fun wasn’t over just yet. We were just in time to see the Electrical Water Pageant Parade in the distance! (I hope that's what this is called. I'm not totally sure as I type this now..)

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0086.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0087.jpg

When all the pretty lights on the water had passed, it was time to move on. We walked down to the ferry and were on our way back to the TTC. It was time to head back to CBR, but the excitement isn't over yet!

Coming Soon! We meet a brand new character at the TTC! Bet you've never met this guy.. :rolleyes1

CAStevens218
01-09-2011, 10:16 AM
This sounds like a great night! I laughed so many times while reading this update!

Gotta love birthday socks!! And LOL @ Disney Magic in the Target parking lot while trying to figure out dinner!

We also bought ponchos this trip, but not because it was raining. Ben desperately wanted to ride Kali River Rapids and while the day we were there was much warmer than any other we had, we still didn't want to be soaked! So, $14 for two Disney ponchos and down the River we went! Then we passed them on to some people who were just getting in line because I DID NOT want to carry them around!!!

I love the story about the yellow Dumbo and castle! Too cute!!!!

I can't wait to read about the "character" at the TTC!!

onescgirl
01-09-2011, 07:24 PM
We loved staying at the CBR. Too bad Blake didn't like the pool & big bucket. My kids wanted to stand under the big bucket so bad, but the lifeguards wouldn't let them in that area because of their height.

Yay for getting a Mickey poncho!!! :yay:

karebear23
01-10-2011, 10:32 PM
CBR looks awesome! Oh how I want to stay on property!

Looks like you had fun at MK too! I love the castle lit up..it's so neat when they project the images on it!

jc040404
01-11-2011, 08:20 PM
This sounds like a great night! I laughed so many times while reading this update!

Gotta love birthday socks!! And LOL @ Disney Magic in the Target parking lot while trying to figure out dinner!

We also bought ponchos this trip, but not because it was raining. Ben desperately wanted to ride Kali River Rapids and while the day we were there was much warmer than any other we had, we still didn't want to be soaked! So, $14 for two Disney ponchos and down the River we went! Then we passed them on to some people who were just getting in line because I DID NOT want to carry them around!!!

I love the story about the yellow Dumbo and castle! Too cute!!!!

I can't wait to read about the "character" at the TTC!!

Birthday socks are awesome!! :woohoo: They were definitely my favorite gift!

Love that you passed your ponchos on! I've never tried that ride out yet. John took Andrew once, but I can't remember how wet they got. Is it really bad??

TTC "character" coming up!

We loved staying at the CBR. Too bad Blake didn't like the pool & big bucket. My kids wanted to stand under the big bucket so bad, but the lifeguards wouldn't let them in that area because of their height.

Yay for getting a Mickey poncho!!! :yay:

Too bad that they didn't get to play. There were lots of bigger kids in that area when we were there. I'm kinda surprised that they weren't allowed in anyway. I'm guessing by the time Andrew is comfortable with that area, he'll probably be too big for it too. :confused3

CBR looks awesome! Oh how I want to stay on property!

Looks like you had fun at MK too! I love the castle lit up..it's so neat when they project the images on it!

You need to plan something! I'm half afraid of staying off property for some reason though. It's kinda silly. I read too much of the DIS.. :rotfl:

Have they started the memories images on it yet? I'd almost forgotten that is part of this year's theme, right?

karebear23
01-11-2011, 09:34 PM
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"]You need to plan something! I'm half afraid of staying off property for some reason though. It's kinda silly. I read too much of the DIS.. :rotfl:

Have they started the memories images on it yet? I'd almost forgotten that is part of this year's theme, right?

Well I had talked my hubby into using some of our tax return and maybe do a Disney Cruise soon. I really want to go on the Dream!!!! Sooo badly...but I can't pay $2200 for a 3 day cruise! At least not now when I could use the $$ toward something else.

So I have been looking to stay on property the last few days. The problem is the kids do not sleep well with us in the same room. They will stay up all night!!!!!

Luckily I talked to my dad today and he says they have a free week of their timeshare they need to use up before the end of December. I'm going to look at dates tonight and see when would be good. No staying on property again.

But hey I get a free condo!

Now we can use the tax $$ to pay for bills and all of that responsible adult stuff :lmao:.

jc040404
01-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Well I had talked my hubby into using some of our tax return and maybe do a Disney Cruise soon. I really want to go on the Dream!!!! Sooo badly...but I can't pay $2200 for a 3 day cruise! At least not now when I could use the $$ toward something else.

So I have been looking to stay on property the last few days. The problem is the kids do not sleep well with us in the same room. They will stay up all night!!!!!

Luckily I talked to my dad today and he says they have a free week of their timeshare they need to use up before the end of December. I'm going to look at dates tonight and see when would be good. No staying on property again.

But hey I get a free condo!

Now we can use the tax $$ to pay for bills and all of that responsible adult stuff :lmao:.

Nothing wrong with a free condo! You're so lucky to have that! Ever look into doing a short stay, overnight or something, alone with your daughter? (Think we talked about that before maybe) I wanted to do one with Andrew, but I don't see it happening anymore. With discounts, it wouldn't be too bad to try something, right?

I can also understand the shared room thing though. I was big on co-sleeping and all that fun stuff when mine were babies so luckily they're okay with it. (Actually prefer it, it seems.. I find myself putting someone back in their own bed just about every night! :rolleyes:) We just have to all go to bed at the same time at WDW. Not a huge deal for us since we're all so exhausted at the end of the day anyways. You'll get your on property stay yet! :goodvibes

2200 for a three day cruise?? :scared1: Honestly, I have no idea how much cruises usually cost though. ;) I'd thought about looking into those once..Not thinking so now!

BTW, being a responsible adult kinda sucks, doesn't it? :sad:

jc040404
01-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Before we could make it to the TTC, we had some excitement yet to go. We were last to board and stayed near ropes. Another group was making their way over, so the CM who had started to rope it off was first told to let them go ahead and paused. Before the family made it down, whoever was in charge declared that there wasn’t enough time and let him know he should’ve closed it. This wasn't good.

I can understand the back and forth game with that family probably annoyed him, but I have NEVER seen a CM so upset as this guy was that night. :scared1: The words that came from his mouth would probably have him fired in a second if they were shared. I told John not to let me look at his name tag when he walked on board, but I did anyways. I didn’t want to say anything since he was a little justified in being annoyed. However, this was just BAD. He was clearly at the end of a very rough day and pushed through the crowd to the other side of the ferry. I felt bad for him and tried to block it out. Unfortunately, I could pick him today.. Ugh.. I hope he had the next day off to recover.

Andrew was talking nonstop on our ride. He rambled on about the fireworks, the rain, the rides, and finally said he had something “very important” to ask us. I couldn’t wait to hear what was going to come out of his little mouth next. He had suddenly gotten so serious and there’s no telling what he might come up with. His question turned out to be very simple, but forever changed how I look at part of the MK.

“Is it Christmas right now?”

This was so random, even for Andy-Roo. John replied that it was only August and Christmas was still quite some time off. Why did he want to know that?

“Then why does Mickey always have Christmas lights on the tree in front?”

I was a little confused until we thought this through a bit. Yes, there are lights on the trees at the front of the park. He has a point, I suppose. Why are they there all the time? John responded again, saying something about them just being for decoration, I think.

“Well, I think they’re ridiculous!”

I can’t look at the ridiculous lights in those trees without seeing his serious little face and thinking Christmas now. :laughing: The world is such a confusing place when you're only 41.5 inches tall, right? ;) He’s too silly.

Once at the TTC, one of us was desperate for a restroom break. Me! I told John to wait and ran up the ramp. Funny site, I’m sure. My family wandered into that little walled in area just outside the ferry on the right. When I went in search of them after, Andrew was going crazy calling for me.

“We found something!! We found something!!”

I walked over and soon wished I hadn’t. The boys had found a new “character” alright. He was named the “Disney Bug” and they begged me to take pictures.. Gross! I have no idea what this is or if it’s dangerous, but I did take some pics for my bug loving babies.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0091.jpg

Yuck! I have never seen a bug like that around here before. Thank goodness. I'd lose my mind. What is it??

I convinced them to quickly get out of here and we began the walk to the car. Blake fell asleep before we made it back to CBR.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0093.jpg

It was so peaceful when we returned. I’m not sure that we ever really noticed anyone around these buildings. We had neighbors, but we never noticed them until we left. I was falling more and more in love with CBR with every step. The air was still damp and I could hear noisy bugs in the distance. It was so peaceful. It felt like the entire world was tucked into bed already. Pop is NOT like this at night!

We made it back into the room and managed to change Blake and get him into bed without much issue. His bath could wait until morning. My baby was worn out! Andrew, of course, became the opposite! He was bundle of pure energy and wouldn’t settle. I’m not joking about the “never stops talking” bit in my intros. He can go on and on for hours if you let him. We just let him go for a bit while we got ready for bed! We were planning to just walk the resort in the morning and sleep in anyway.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0104.jpg
Noticed my husband at my bag here.. After the unpacking earlier, we were packing up again already! :rotfl: I don't know why he bothered, but I'm glad he did! I wouldn't have those nifty birthday socks otherwise!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0141.jpg
So cute!

Despite his big brother’s endless chatter, Blakers only stirred a moment to make a request for his best buddy to cuddle.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/bday28/CIMG0149.jpg

Sweet Eeyore. I worried how long he's going to last Blakers and I haven't been able to find a replacement. By far, this little thing is my favorite purchase from the first Disney year. He loves it!

Everyone settled into bed, it was finally time to sleep. This was definitely one of my favorite Disney Days. :goodvibes

Guess What! Tomorrow is my birthday!

CAStevens218
01-12-2011, 08:58 AM
[FONT="Georgia"]
Love that you passed your ponchos on! I've never tried that ride out yet. John took Andrew once, but I can't remember how wet they got. Is it really bad??

FONT]

We didn't get too wet, but the family who was with us got soaked! They had ponchos on too though, so they were fine! They were actually really cute! It looked to be a grandfather, a mother and two kids. They were speaking Spanish and had already ridden once when we got on, I guess they asked to around again and the whole ride, every time we would get away from a bad spot without getting soaked he would laugh at us and say "Wait, wait!!!!" He was too cute! They rode AGAIN when we got off!!

Now on to your latest update! I can only imagine what that guy on the ferry said! Regardless of how frustrated he was, when you work in customer service, ESPECIALLY at Disney World, you must have the ability to mask any negativity and keep the magic going for the guests around you. He should have been able to hold it in until he got "off stage".

Just looking at that "character" made me feel like I need a shower! It is HUGE!!!!! :scared1:

One of my younger cousins used to talk like you described Andrew doing when she was little. Once she was given a t-shirt that said "Help, I'm talking and I can't shut up!!" :lmao:

karebear23
01-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Nothing wrong with a free condo! You're so lucky to have that! Ever look into doing a short stay, overnight or something, alone with your daughter? (Think we talked about that before maybe) I wanted to do one with Andrew, but I don't see it happening anymore. With discounts, it wouldn't be too bad to try something, right?

2200 for a three day cruise?? :scared1: Honestly, I have no idea how much cruises usually cost though. ;) I'd thought about looking into those once..Not thinking so now!

BTW, being a responsible adult kinda sucks, doesn't it? :sad:

Yes I have thought about just taking her for a night or 2. I really would like to go w/some girlfriends & stay on property. I think it would be fun.

Disney cruises are usually a bit more expensive. The problem is all of the less expensive staterooms are booked! So not many options. I was trying to fit it in after Alex's bday & before school starts in the fall.

Oh well maybe a cruise next year :goodvibes.

CBR looks nice. I love the nemo accents in the room. I love that picture of Blake w/Eyeore! So sweet.

Well I'm off to sew an "Ariel" dress for dd's friends birthday.

Dugette
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Yikes on that huge bug and the upset CM! :scared1:

That is an adorable picture of Blake with his Eeyore!

Sleeping*Beauty
01-12-2011, 10:26 PM
That bug is super scary looking. I would have a fit if he was in my house.

jc040404
01-13-2011, 12:19 AM
We didn't get too wet, but the family who was with us got soaked! They had ponchos on too though, so they were fine! They were actually really cute! It looked to be a grandfather, a mother and two kids. They were speaking Spanish and had already ridden once when we got on, I guess they asked to around again and the whole ride, every time we would get away from a bad spot without getting soaked he would laugh at us and say "Wait, wait!!!!" He was too cute! They rode AGAIN when we got off!!

Now on to your latest update! I can only imagine what that guy on the ferry said! Regardless of how frustrated he was, when you work in customer service, ESPECIALLY at Disney World, you must have the ability to mask any negativity and keep the magic going for the guests around you. He should have been able to hold it in until he got "off stage".

Just looking at that "character" made me feel like I need a shower! It is HUGE!!!!! :scared1:

One of my younger cousins used to talk like you described Andrew doing when she was little. Once she was given a t-shirt that said "Help, I'm talking and I can't shut up!!" :lmao:

Aww! Those people sound like such fun!

The ferry guy was out of line, but I did really feel bad for the guy, too. He so shouldn't have said any of that stuff though.

I think Andrew needs a shirt with a warning really. I sometimes think I should let others know not to start a conversation unless they have a few days to to listen. :rotfl: I love him to pieces, but that boy can be exhausting when he gets going! He has something to say about EVERYTHING!

Yes I have thought about just taking her for a night or 2. I really would like to go w/some girlfriends & stay on property. I think it would be fun.

Disney cruises are usually a bit more expensive. The problem is all of the less expensive staterooms are booked! So not many options. I was trying to fit it in after Alex's bday & before school starts in the fall.

Oh well maybe a cruise next year :goodvibes.

CBR looks nice. I love the nemo accents in the room. I love that picture of Blake w/Eyeore! So sweet.

Well I'm off to sew an "Ariel" dress for dd's friends birthday.

You sew? I wish I could get into that stuff! I don't exactly have a princess to dress up right now though. :laughing: Some of the custom outfits I see in TRs are just too cute!

Hope you get your cruise next year!

Yikes on that huge bug and the upset CM! :scared1:

That is an adorable picture of Blake with his Eeyore!

Yikes is definitely right! Thanks on the pic. They're both fast asleep & cuddling right now. He's too cute with Eeyore. :goodvibes

That bug is super scary looking. I would have a fit if he was in my house.

I'm with you! The first, and only, time I ever saw a palmetto bug, I told dh we needed to leave the state! :lmao: Bugs are sooo not my thing. I can't even handle those silly lizards most of the time. We had one get in while dh was at work once. I can only imagine what my neighbors must've thought that afternoon. There was sooo much yelling going on as the boys and I tried to get it out! :rotfl:

I tried searching what this thing is last night and it looks like it's just some kind of big water bug. I can't remember the name now.. It bites or pinches and I saw that they FLY! Sooooo glad it didn't decide to do that while we were looking at it. Everyone on WDW property would've heard me screaming for sure! :scared1::scared1:

jc040404
01-15-2011, 11:01 PM
August 29th, 2010 - Sunday - Day 7

Happy Birthday to meeee!!!

This day is very special. It will mark the very last birthday I’m excited about celebrating! I’m turning 28 and while age has never meant much of anything to me, this year I was feeling a little old. Maybe it was more of wondering where the time had gone perhaps? Either way, I think I plan to stay 28 forever. Think it’ll work? ;) I have a feeling 29 is going to make me crazy..

Despite my plan to just explore the resort and sleep in, I did set a wake up call for this day. It was scheduled for eight, but didn’t exactly work out. I followed my routine of just hanging up when it started ringing. We all slept until just after nine. It was nice. The boys never sleep in unless we’re at Disney. Crazy, huh?

Everyone slowly got up and ready to go. We’d grabbed some breakfast goodies at Target the night before and enjoyed a couple episodes of Phineas and Ferb. The boys had fun playing in the room and we all had a very relaxed start to the day. It was wonderful!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/1.jpg
Blake says this means “No parking on beds!” so you better pay attention.

While the boys were playing, John and I started talking about food for later. I already had my birthday park choice made so I called Dining to see what was available. Lucky me, I was able to get a table at Yak & Yeti for 2:30 with no problem. (And now you know which park I picked. Bet you were expecting MK again, right? Haha!)

The boys spent a ton of time playing with this bench while I was on the phone and discovered that Blake actually fits inside. Not the best discovery, IMO, but they thought it was great. He said they could use it for bunk beds next time. I don’t think so!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/2.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/3.jpg

After one last hand washing from Blakers, it was time to head out..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/4.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/5.jpg
smoking area between the buildings I mentioned..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/6.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/7.jpg
Blakers leading the way!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/8.jpg
Gorgeous, right? I really like this place.

We decided to pack up the car first, of course. It was just about check out time. While there, Andrew spotted these nifty flowers.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/11.jpg

They’re only nifty because we have lots of them around here. He decided to pick one and gave it to me for my birthday. I know he was just copying little brother from the day before and it was adorable. Since we were about to walk around, I tucked it under one of the wipers on the car until we got back.

Now it was time to explore! I took quite a few pics, but I’ll try to control myself. I was loving just about everything about CBR that morning.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/10.jpg

Our wandering first took us back over to where our room was. I didn’t think I’d managed any pictures of the outside and wanted a couple. Our room was on the corner and I loved the windows. This is where we saw the first signs that we had neighbors!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/13.jpg

It seems our mysteriously quiet neighbors like pizza. (And leaving the boxes outside on the ground.) Andrew found these boxes amazing. We’ve only gotten pizza delivered to our room once, and that was a couple years before the boys came along. I didn’t think it was very good?

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0252.jpg
Jump!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0255.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0257.jpg
the “ugly” buildings ;)

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0263.jpg
Reminds me of a doll house maybe? I’m not into the color.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0265.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0269.jpg

The plan was to walk all the way around. When we made it here, we gave up. It was just too hot and sticky out already. Looking at how far we had to go, I knew it wouldn't happen. I wanted to check out Old Port Royale a little more, so we just went back to the bridge instead. While I’ve completely disagreed with those who claim Pop and CSR are big, the reviews that say this place is huge are definitely right!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0276.jpg
This really caught my interest. What was it? We later found some info and are planning to have Andrew try it when we go back.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0285.jpg
haha.. This bridge looks huge!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0292.jpg
I reeeeally don’t like sand..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0300.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0309.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0310.jpg

...next post...

jc040404
01-15-2011, 11:08 PM
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0320.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0331.jpg
I like this one.

We made it across and went inside to look around. The AC was much appreciated after that journey and we grabbed some water. It was pretty busy so we didn’t stay terribly long. We did some browsing in the shop and then played in the arcade. I was surprised how packed the it was.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0333.jpg
Big moment. I don’t know why, but it’s rare that I press a quarter. I suppose we don’t press pennies much either. Neither of us carry change. We only have three quarters, and this is one of them.

Before we left, Andrew started really checking out the pins. He wanted to get a lanyard and start trading. We thought about getting a set for him with his Christmas gifts, but never did get around to it. What age do kids usually start pin trading? He seems young to me still, but I know he'd be nuts over trading with CMs. I'm still divided. :confused3

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0334.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0336.jpg
This just looked so neat! I started wishing we’d had more time to book a few days instead.

Time to go!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0341.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0342.jpg

We started a flower finding mission along the way..

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0343.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0344.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0345.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0346.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0349.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0352.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0362.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0363.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0371.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0379.jpg

Bye Bye, Jamaica 44!!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0387.jpg

Bye Bye, CBR!!

It’s nice, right? I thought CBR was wonderful.

Coming Soon!! Loads of birthday fun @ AK!!

eeyore7360nc
01-16-2011, 12:32 AM
CBR was the first on property resort we stayed at too many years ago. How nice to see it again. Thanks to your many raves over CHH we actually tried for the first time on this trip. Everyone agreed that it was as good as you said.
Looking forward to the birthday fun.

Queenofallthings
01-16-2011, 01:26 PM
That bug is gross...we had our fair share of the bug encounters this past trip and it's never happened to us before either!! I decided very early in our vacation we would never ever ever ever stay on ground floor again....when they're in your room, it's quite difficult to sleep after:eek:

That pic of Blake with Eeyore....beyond sweet!

IheartDDuck
01-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Man, I feel like I missed so many updates!

I'm glad that you enjoyed CBR. I've stayed there once before, and that was before they refurbished the rooms to me Nemo and Pirates. I would definitely stay there again. It is a lot quieter then you would think it should be.

That bug was absolutely frightening! I think I would have passed out if I saw it!

Dugette
01-16-2011, 04:03 PM
CBR looks really nice! We only visited briefly once at night, so we didn't really get the full effect. Glad you found a nice birthday resort! Speaking of, 28 is still young! (it better be, or I'm really old...). I think 28 forever is a good plan! It's more believable than 29 forever. :rotfl:

Sweet that Andrew got you a flower too!

Ooooh, Pirate cruise for Andrew coming up?

I didn't know pressing quarters was even legal. Huh.

jc040404
01-16-2011, 10:35 PM
CBR was the first on property resort we stayed at too many years ago. How nice to see it again. Thanks to your many raves over CHH we actually tried for the first time on this trip. Everyone agreed that it was as good as you said.
Looking forward to the birthday fun.

CBR seems like it would be such a great place for a first stay. Ours' was ASMo, before we had kids. :rotfl: I didn't know much about WDW back then. It was fun anyway.

So glad you liked CHH! I'm kinda missing that place right now.

That bug is gross...we had our fair share of the bug encounters this past trip and it's never happened to us before either!! I decided very early in our vacation we would never ever ever ever stay on ground floor again....when they're in your room, it's quite difficult to sleep after:eek:

That pic of Blake with Eeyore....beyond sweet!

I'm not looking forward to reading about bugs in your TR. It's kinda funny though. I try to always stay on the first floor for stroller reasons and we've never had any bug issues anywhere. I hope thinking this doesn't jinx us for the next visit!

Man, I feel like I missed so many updates!

I'm glad that you enjoyed CBR. I've stayed there once before, and that was before they refurbished the rooms to me Nemo and Pirates. I would definitely stay there again. It is a lot quieter then you would think it should be.

That bug was absolutely frightening! I think I would have passed out if I saw it!

It was pretty amazing in that respect. I always thought Pop wasn't too bad for noise, but this took it to a new level. I don't think it's that quiet on my street at night! We're decided on sticking with CBR for our longer stay now.. whenever that may be.. :rolleyes:

CBR looks really nice! We only visited briefly once at night, so we didn't really get the full effect. Glad you found a nice birthday resort! Speaking of, 28 is still young! (it better be, or I'm really old...). I think 28 forever is a good plan! It's more believable than 29 forever. :rotfl:

Sweet that Andrew got you a flower too!

Ooooh, Pirate cruise for Andrew coming up?

I didn't know pressing quarters was even legal. Huh.

28 forever is soo happening now! I talked to my father tonight and he actually thought I was still 27. I think I could make it work with him anyway! :lmao:

I hope there's a pirate cruise coming up! I think he'd really love it. I just need to come up with something for Blakers whenever we try it. Hopefully it'll be warm enough to swim then. I reeeeeeeeeeeeeallly hope we can do this before spring break season starts. Cross your fingers that I have some answers by the end of the week. Not knowing when I can plan a WDW trip is making me crazy!

Is the quarter comment going over my head? :confused3

Dugette
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Cross your fingers that I have some answers by the end of the week. Not knowing when I can plan a WDW trip is making me crazy!

Is the quarter comment going over my head? :confused3

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

On the quarter thing: I just have heard that destruction of coins is generally illegal, but that pennies are okay (because of their low value or something?) I just did a quick search, though, and maybe all coins are okay since they are being made into souvenirs? :confused3 Something like that at least, I didn't want to read through all the legal gibberish. That's all I was referring to!

jc040404
01-16-2011, 10:57 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

On the quarter thing: I just have heard that destruction of coins is generally illegal, but that pennies are okay (because of their low value or something?) I just did a quick search, though, and maybe all coins are okay since they are being made into souvenirs? :confused3 Something like that at least, I didn't want to read through all the legal gibberish. That's all I was referring to!

Oh good. I'm not completely crazy because that's what I thought you meant. I was wondering if you were asking that or if this was a joke I was too dumb to understand! :rotfl: They're all over WDW, so I'm guessing they'd have to be, right? I'd be fine if they weren't. It's the cheap side of me again.. 1.25 to smash a quarter? A penny I can handle! ;)

Dugette
01-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Oh good. I'm not completely crazy because that's what I thought you meant. I was wondering if you were asking that or if this was a joke I was too dumb to understand! :rotfl: They're all over WDW, so I'm guessing they'd have to be, right? I'd be fine if they weren't. It's the cheap side of me again.. 1.25 to smash a quarter? A penny I can handle! ;)
Yeah, I haven't checked out any of those machines myself, but I've seen so many TR where they press pennies...this is the first mention I've seen of pressed quarters, though, which is why I was surprised! Didn't know they had those!

onescgirl
01-17-2011, 09:07 AM
28 would be a great year to stay forever! :) But, you'll see that you love every year from here on out!

You got a LOT of great pictures of CBR. You're right on how quiet it is. We never saw any of our neighbors either.

jc040404
01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I haven't checked out any of those machines myself, but I've seen so many TR where they press pennies...this is the first mention I've seen of pressed quarters, though, which is why I was surprised! Didn't know they had those!

I'm really surprised you've never noticed these while shopping before. Something to watch for next time, I suppose.. Well, if you want to spend 1.25 on a quarter. ;)

28 would be a great year to stay forever! :) But, you'll see that you love every year from here on out!

You got a LOT of great pictures of CBR. You're right on how quiet it is. We never saw any of our neighbors either.

I'm sure it's only going to get better. I just can't believe I'm 28 "already" sometimes. Time really flies, especially since the boys came along!

I hope CBR stays this quiet the next time we stay there!

jc040404
01-17-2011, 11:09 PM
When we arrived to AK, the lot had already started to really fill up. A tram had just arrived so we all hopped on. It was mostly full, too, so we were split between two benches. The boys were so excited to be riding one of these! It was so funny. I sometimes think those two would be just as happy riding Disney transportation all day. I know Blake would be wild over those buses.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0389.jpg
Blake excited to ride the tram! Think it was hot yet?

The tram ride itself turned out to be pretty funny, too. It was called to no longer board, but guests walking up simply ignored the instructions. They just kept hopping on. You could tell the CM was getting annoyed every time he had to shout “no boarding!” over again. Eventually, some approaching guests did actually stop, so the rest followed them. It took several minutes to get anyone to pay attention. I have no idea where all these people were squeezing on anyway. It was full.

A couple of horn toots and we were off! Well, we were supposed to be off. Instead, the tram just shut off. During the incident with the guests who couldn’t stop boarding, I was listening to the couple on our bench go on about how they should’ve just walked. This didn't help how they felt.

“This is a waste of time!”

The couple bolted off the tram just seconds before it started back up again. They literally hadn’t made it five feet away before it was working again. I couldn’t help but laugh. I could understand how they felt, but the timing was too perfect. They kept walking and never looked back. When I saw her face in the air as we passed, I felt bad for them. It was going to be a rough day in this heat if they didn't get over the tram fun. I hope they had a fun day once in the park. The tram beat them to the entrance, of course.

We unloaded and headed to bag check. The lady going through my stuff this time had a name tag showing she was from Largo, FL. We’re close to there and dh pointed it out. It started a long conversation about this area. I found it quite entertaining because it started making me wonder. Why do we find it so interesting to meet someone at Disney from where we live? I read this a lot in TRs, but find it even sillier when it happens to us. We’re not exactly that far away, so we’re bound to meet a few. Anyway, it just made me wonder.. And made me suggest John start asking people at the mall where they’re from. I bet him that a few are bound to be from here, too. ;)

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0391.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0392.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0401.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0403.jpg
I need to plan to eat here sometime. Probably T-Rex.. One of ‘em anyways.

Andrew had convinced me to wear my birthday button this time. I’m not into attention for myself and the last time I tried one of these, it put a big hole my shirt. I wasn't planning to ever wear another. Kids can talk you into anything sometimes, I guess. I really started feeling its power as we walked into the park. EVERYONE was calling “Happy Birthday, Jessica!” to me as we passed. Guests would shout it, and CMs would smile and wave. I had this odd Twilight Zone feeling everytime someone said my name, momentarily forgetting about the button. How do they know who I am?? Oh yeah, I'm wearing it. I think I’ll skip it next time. :rotfl:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0408.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0409.jpg
Are you singing “The Circle of Life” yet? I can’t help but start thinking it when I see the tree..

We were all pretty hungry, but our ADR wasn’t until 2:30. It was just before one, but we headed to Asia anyway. We’d had luck in the last AP year with being able to check in to Yak & Yeti a couple hours early with no trouble. I guessed it might be the same today.

Once there, it was quite busy, but we were still able to check in early. I really don’t think this is one that fills the table with ADRs. I saw several walk ins having their information taken down to wait. It’s been the same each time, even when Disney Dining was showing it booked up. I think it’s a great idea, if they are leaving tables open. :thumbsup2 Not everyone knows how fast TS places fill and it helps guests like us. We don’t exactly plan all of our Disney days ahead!

With our 2:30 ADR, we were seated at exactly 1:01. I asked John what time it was. He told me to get a watch. I stole his. ;)

We had a nice table upstairs and met our server. If you followed along the last TR that no longer exists :(( you saw me go on about how much we love this place already. If not, we love Yak & Yeti! We were lucky enough to be seated upstairs on a slow day in May and got to watch the afternoon parade go by below. It was so perfect. The food was excellent. The service was great. I was in love. We’re big fans and this was the 4th time we’d eaten here in 2010.

Unfortunately, this meal didn’t exactly follow how the rest had gone. Service was pretty slow and the food wasn’t as exciting. It was still good, and we’d still eat here again. It just wasn’t as awesome as before.

I don’t have food pics this time. I got the crispy honey chicken and John went with the Shaoxing steak and shrimp. Andrew got a kids’ burger and Blake had a little of everything. He loves to steal shrimp off his father's plate. I did manage a pic of my drink though. It just looked too happy not to photograph.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0429.jpg
It’s a berry cherry limeade. Oddly, it wasn't as good as what you get at Sonic. I haven't eaten at Sonic in years, but I love stopping by for cherry limeades!

John and I both went with those yummy fried wontons for dessert. It was the same story. While good, they weren’t as impressive as the last time. Maybe it was just us. I don’t see how you can really change something like this. Andrew asked for pudding with the marshmallows on the side. After a significant wait, they brought him his pudding with marshmallows in it already. Blah. He didn’t eat any.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0433.jpg

Our neighbors this day were more than a little annoying, too. They had a little boy who looked to be between Blake and Andrew’s ages. That child was running around like a little wild animal. He kept stopping at everyone else’s table and touching things. We were lucky most of the meal, but then became his last victims. Why do I say his last? Because we were the only table to ask them to please watch their child. We were nice about it, I thought, but the mother seemed angry. I guess we were supposed to just find it cute and let him touch our lunch? I don't think so. She glared at us a lot, but did put him back in his seat after. I couldn’t imagine letting my boys run around a restaurant like this.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0435.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0436.jpg

One of my birthday wishes was to see Finding Nemo: The Musical, so we took a walk in that direction. I hadn’t checked showtimes and we really didn’t have much of a plan. I figured we’d just see what happened as we went.

On the way, we passed by EE. Andrew is wild about that ride and cannot wait to try it. I am so scared and admit to being perfectly fine with how far he is from 44 inches.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0440.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0441.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0446.jpg

When we made it to Nemo, we saw there was a show at 3:15. A line had already formed, but we skipped the wait and wandered over to Dinosaur. I was hoping to take Andrew on this again, and thought we might be able to squeeze it in. There’s never been a wait before, but today it didn’t work out. It was posted at 30 minutes stand by, so we grabbed FPs instead. Our return time was 3:25.

We still had a bit of time to fill before the show, so into the little shop in Dinoland we went. We figured the AC would be nice, if nothing else. Once inside, we remembered they don't exactly cool this store. I suppose dinosaurs didn't have AC either, but it would've been nice. We shopped a bit anyway.

I learned something amazing here this day. When you stuff a Mr Potato Head box, you don’t have to buy the body! You can just buy accessories!! Since we already have three or four Mister Potato Heads, I was jumping on getting them some cute Disney gear. I NEVER knew you didn’t have to buy that huge body, but it seems like everyone else already did.. Haha.. Oh well. We had fun filling up a box of eyes, ears, and hats for the boys. I think I did a pretty good job, too. I found out later that I somehow got way too many left arms and an odd number of ears, but there’s always next time to even things up. :rotfl: Then I headed to the register.

At the register, I waited behind a woman who had the same thing. She’d stuffed a box with just accessories. Okay, maybe OVER-stuffed is a little better. This thing had no hope being able to close. The ends wouldn’t even touch.

First, the CM told her that she needed to take some pieces out. The woman removed ONE. The CM again tells her that the box has to close completely. One more small piece was removed. This woman was really entertaining. She kept smiling and batting her eyes at the CM as she removed each piece, insisting that she could buy it now. The box still had too much in it. It took forever, but eventually she emptied it enough and the CM started to ring. The register area looked like someone stripped and butchered a Potato person. It was a mess of everything she was trying to cram into that already full box. To be honest, I think the CM was still letting her get away with a couple too many pieces.

You’d think it was over now, but this lady wasn’t done yet. She picked up a hat and started batting those eyes again. FWIW, the woman did have gorgeous eyes. She had looked over to me for support, I suppose, a couple of times. I have a feeling the CM probably doesn’t agree with that though! I really couldn’t believe she trying to push this again.

“It’ll be $2.67,” the CM said with a sigh. I started laughing. I am so sorry to both of them, but I couldn’t help it. It was funny from my view of things. The woman finally just paid and left without her potato princess hat.

Though my turn was next, someone actually tried to cut in line! After all the waiting I’d just done, I was shocked and didn’t speak right away. This CM snapped at them to please move behind me. Yay. I got to avoid conflict and the CM won even more points. I asked her if she was having a fun day and got a little laugh out of her. She said they try to cheat the Potato Head thing all day long. That must really suck. I hope her day got better. :)

It’s time to find Nemo!!

Nevermind the "next post" thing. I'm tired..haha.. Coming soon!! The rest of this day!

CAStevens218
01-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Yayyy, Happy Trip Report Birthday!!! :upsidedow

We lovvveeddd Yak & Yeti when we ate there on this past trip! It was our first time and we will definitely be back if I have anything to say about it!!! I had the mahi mahi and it was fabulous!!!! Sorry yours wasn't up to par this time!

That woman with her Mr. Potato head sounds hilarious! I would have been laughing at her too! If you need the extra piece that badly, pay the $2.67!!

jc040404
01-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Yayyy, Happy Trip Report Birthday!!! :upsidedow

We lovvveeddd Yak & Yeti when we ate there on this past trip! It was our first time and we will definitely be back if I have anything to say about it!!! I had the mahi mahi and it was fabulous!!!! Sorry yours wasn't up to par this time!

That woman with her Mr. Potato head sounds hilarious! I would have been laughing at her too! If you need the extra piece that badly, pay the $2.67!!

I do really wonder if it was just us that day when it came to Yak & Yeti. Maybe the icky sticky heat was messing with our taste buds. :confused3 Everything looked about the same. John said he thought the "newness and excitement" of the place had just worn off for us. Who knows.. We'll try it again eventually. Where else can you eat at AK anyway? I don't really care for Tusker House much.

Potato Head lady was pretty funny. I wouldn't pay 2.67 a piece though! We're going to do another box eventually. Blake loves playing with this stuff. I stuffed as much as I could, but there was still a lot we didn't get. I never seem to remember it which park is supposed to have the biggest selection. Maybe DTD? I'll figure it out. :goodvibes

jc040404
01-18-2011, 05:27 PM
The show was starting at 3:15, and our Potato Head fun had us arriving at 3. I wasn’t planning to be super early, but this was a little later than I expected. We were still able to find seats, just somewhat higher than usual and had a few minutes to watch for Nemo in the bubbles. Blake goes crazy over this.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0449.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0451.jpg

The video from this day just had me teary. It’s too much to post, but the difference in how Blake talks from then to now is incredible. He kept saying “Pay ‘ttention, Mommy!” because I was missing Nemo swim by too much. I love him!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0462.jpg
Show time!!

I love this show. No. I really, really, really LOVE this show. :) I am Marlin. It’s sad, but I can completely relate to how he felt and acted when it came to Nemo in the beginning. I feel the same about my babies and worry way too much about the world. I am not looking forward to Andrew starting school this year. It has me so nervous, even though I know he’ll be just fine. The music of this show never fails to have me in tears.

You mean so much to me
I don’t know what I would do
In this big blue world
If something should happen to you

That’s it. From that part of the song, I’m a mess. Poor Marlin. After losing Coral and all of the other babies, I can only imagine how nuts this made him. You just can't keep 'em locked up safe in a sea anemone forever though.

This particular show, Marlin didn’t seem terribly into it at first. It was sad, but the show was still great. Crush was amazing as usual. I think he’s my favorite part. I was actually a little upset when the crowd didn’t go crazy over him at the end. He usually gets such a response. Oh well. I guess the heat was getting to everyone. I cheered for him anyway!

Our next stop was over to Dinosaur to use those FPs. John took Blake for a change and a walk while we headed to the ride. I fully expected the little guy would be napping when we made it out.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0463.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0464.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0469.jpg

We only had to wait a few minutes before we were in for the little pre-show. There were a couple of groups that seemed so nervous over this ride. Before we made it down to board, one of them had even chickened out and left! I’d never seen anyone leave a ride out of fear before.

The children around us weren’t doing much better. Their mother kept using Andrew as an example. If a little guy like him could ride it, they’d be just fine. He even joined in to encourage them and say how much fun it was. We didn’t get to share a car with them, but I still wonder how they did. This Dinosaur line wasn’t doing well today..

We got the third row of our car and were off. I know a lot of people are terrified of it, but I really like this ride. If you place your balance on your feet and not your butt, you aren't going to be thrown all over the place. Just sayin.. ;) It’s a little harder to do that when you’re little, but Andrew even loves this one.

Those riding with us weren’t fans. They screamed the entire ride.. What did I do?

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/DSC08933.jpg

I could not stop laughing! Not at them, of course. I was having so much fun! I love how everyone else is hiding. :lmao: Andrew looks a little beat in the pic, but he's nuts over Dinosaur, too.

We came out of the ride at 4:30 and the park closed at 5. Andy-Roo begged to ride again, but this was all we were going to accomplish today. It wasn’t a lot, but it was a great birthday. We joined a sleeping Blakers and started out of the park.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0477.jpg

Crocodile stop
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0479.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0486.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0488.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/jc040404613/AUGUST/29bday/CIMG0489.jpg

Signs of how tired Andrew was started showing as we loaded into the car to head home. He suddenly started crying. Why? He said I didn’t get a birthday cake and now my birthday was ruined! My poor baby. I told him it was because I thought it would be more fun to make a cake with him at home and he calmed down. For now..

We started the journey home. Blake slept, but Andrew just stared out the window. He was tired but wasn’t letting himself sleep in the car. About halfway, a light rain started. John flipped on the windshield wipers. You can guess what happened next..

“Mommy’s flower!!" Andrew screamed from the backseat.

Yep, I’d completely forgotten about my special yellow birthday flower. I felt terrible. John started searching for a safe spot to pull over, but it was too late. We did keep reassuring Andrew that the flower would be okay and I hopped out of the car to save it.

The flower was long gone at this point, but I pretended to cradle it in the palm of my hand and put it in a safe place to dry. Andrew believed the flower was alright and drifted off to sleep. I was so glad it worked or this ride would’ve been rough.

I felt like such a bad mommy for leaving it on the window. Lucky for us, these flowers really do grow all over the place here so we were able to replace it without him knowing. John went for a short walk after the boys were tucked into bed that night and got another. Andrew couldn't tell the difference. I haven't decided if we'll one day let him know or not, but that flower is even more special for how it came to be. It’s pressed safely away forever with the little purple flower Blake gave me. :goodvibes

This was a birthday I’ll never forget.

Next Up!! The most expensive drive to Disney we’ve ever had! ;)

Sleeping*Beauty
01-18-2011, 08:15 PM
I know how you felt about people you didn't know knowing your name. When I started working customers would call me by name and it caught me off guard for weeks. I'm glad you had a lovely Birthday at Animal Kingdom.