PDA

View Full Version : November weather

princess jackson
10-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi, has anyone cruised in November. I was wondering what the weather would be like.

Debating whether to book 3 or 4 night cruise.

Gigi22
10-23-2010, 04:24 PM
DH and I like to cruise in Nov. We normally do a 7 day cruise, not a 3 or 4 day--meaning that we usually travel farther south than the 3 or 4 day Bahamas cruises. Nov. weather can vary, it may be coolish--but we have never had really cold weather. I don't know if you will be able to swim comfortably in the ocean, but I think the pools should be fine.

fruity drinks
10-23-2010, 04:27 PM
I have cruised in November on the Wonder. It was not hot, but not freezing cold. I am from Florida, so the water was too cold for me. It was a fun time to cruise because they had decorated the ship and port for Christmas. ENJOY!

IWannaBeAMousketeer
10-23-2010, 05:20 PM
We cruised in early November last year (Eastern). Temps were perfect for swimming on the ship and most ports. It was a pretty windy, but that actually kept you from getting too hot laying in the sun. When we reached CC, however, the wind almost kept us from docking and made it a little chillier on the beach. The kids still swam, but no one was really in the water at Serenity Bay. I'd still have no problem going in November. I would guess the weather is great more often than it is bad.

tinkmom2
10-23-2010, 06:39 PM
:thumbsup2We cruised on the Wonder last November. The weather is pretty similar to Florida temps however it was very hot maybe 80 and humid on our Nassau day. It was a bit cooler at night but still warm and we didn't need sweaters. Water always feels cold to me but is ok when you get in. See my trip report in my signature for more details. We went to WDW before and went to the MVMCP.

princessnpirate
10-23-2010, 06:54 PM
We did a seven day in November 2008 right before Thanksgiving. I remember the weather as wonderful! Warm enough to swim during the day and wear shorts and tshirts, but at night it was breezy and needed to add a light sweater.

ILoveDisney&Cruising
10-23-2010, 09:28 PM
We have sailed twice now, the week-after-Thanksgiving!!

:love: the weather!!

We have been able to swim - water was cool last time at CC, but after we were in, it was fine.

The air temp at the pools on the ship was perfect.

:thumbsup2

riatees
10-23-2010, 09:37 PM
We have cruised twice on the Wonder the end of November. Both times the weather was great in the Bahamas. Sunny and close to 80 degrees. At sea it was a little windy and chilly at night, but that didn't bother us. We swam both on the ship and in the ocean on both cruises.

castawaycayfans
10-23-2010, 10:52 PM
We cruised last November over Veterans Day week to the Eastern Caribbean and it was a mixed bag. When we left the port, it was very comfortable, but windy. We had rough seas until after we passed Cuba, but there was a low pressure system out at sea. Once we reached St Croix, it was perfect weather with a quick passing shower. It was beautiful at the beach. We then sailed to St Thomas and also had great weather there, good enough to snorkel. The evenings were cool, but not unbearable. Upon arriving at Castaway Cay, the wind picked up and it was cool, the ship had problems getting to the pier. The water was cool, but okay to get in for a short time. The beach was rough with all of the wind, but we still had a great time. Would I cruise in November again? Yes, but I would probably do a 7 night headed further south than the Bahamas.

jblrn2b
10-24-2010, 03:40 AM
We cruised Nov. 2005 and it was perfect at CC and Nassau when we were there.

princess jackson
10-24-2010, 09:15 AM
oh lovely, thanks for the updates

just need tpo decided 3 or 4 night :thumbsup2