PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Insurance

Kanga1
10-23-2010, 01:06 PM
If I book a cruise and add vacation insurance to the initial booking, is the insurance fully refundable if I have to cancel my cruise prior to payment in full? (I booked through DU.)

McIntoshTx
10-23-2010, 07:35 PM
If I book a cruise and add vacation insurance to the initial booking, is the insurance fully refundable if I have to cancel my cruise prior to payment in full? (I booked through DU.)

I do not think it is as it is a secondary company (i.e. not Disney owned) but I could be wrong. :confused3

brucechase
10-23-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't know who you got your insurance with, but a little known fact is that most insurance companies will refund your insurance purchase price if you cancel - minus a small administration fee. Last company I got insurance through would charge a $25 fee if you cancel your insurance.

Here is something from the FAQ on *****************"

Q. How do I cancel a policy I purchased?

A. All cancellation requests must be made in writing. An email can be sent to customercare@***************** to request cancellation.

to top ^

Q. Am I charged a fee to cancel my policy?

A. InsureMyTrip does not charge any additional fees to cancel a policy. However, most insurance companies will retain a non-refundable administrative fee.

sayhello
10-23-2010, 11:01 PM
The other thing you can do is switch the insurance to another trip. Usually at no cost, unless the cost for the new trip is enough higher to raise the policy price (you pay the difference) or enough lower to reduce the policy price (they refund you the difference).

Sayhello