PDA

View Full Version : 5 night Dream with stop at Key West?

momof2minnies
10-23-2010, 08:37 AM
I have seen this listed as an option but do not find it listed with the dates of sailing.Anyone know when this one is? It is listed as a stop there instead of 2 to Castaway Cay.

TIA, Linda

Fab5Family
10-23-2010, 10:43 AM
I believe the Key West option on a 5 day was only available in the summer of 2010. I think all of the 5 day cruises on the Dream next summer are double dips at CC.

gaucho2000
10-23-2010, 11:38 AM
I was interested in it as well but ended up booking the double CC itinerary for 2012. I really waned Key West!

aan1701
10-23-2010, 11:59 AM
According to my friend at DCL the Dream and Fantacy are to big to go to Key West and they will not let them Tender. The Fantacy will go to Costa Maya.

TIGGER/POOH4
10-23-2010, 07:52 PM
According to my friend at DCL the Dream and Fantacy are to big to go to Key West and they will not let them Tender. The Fantacy will go to Costa Maya.

You are correct. We spoke with Captain Thord on Wednesday at the Castaway Club meeting and he confirmed that the Dream/Fantasy will not be going to Key West. The channel through the reefs are too narrow for these size ships to navigate safely. Key West has plans and $$$ to expand the channel but it is tied up in law suits. Therefore therefore the Fantasy will be going to Costa Maya and the Dream will only be doing double dips.

m&m's mom
10-23-2010, 08:42 PM
I was so disappointed as we did the 5 day with Key West stop and we absolutely loved it!!
Since the ship does not get to Key West until afternoon we had brunch at Palos and then jet skiied and had time to check out the town.
We booked the 5 day on the Dream next summer and are stuck with the DD.