PDA

View Full Version : Dream pools

nemofans
10-22-2010, 06:48 PM
I see there are the same amount of pools as the older ships, family, kids, & splash zone. Are they bigger or the same size? The Dream carries more people so I would think there would be another pool. Are they expecting the Aqua Duck to help w/the crowdedness of the pools?

Curtis McCrea
10-22-2010, 06:52 PM
I think the Aqua Duck will draw away crowding from the pools. I even think Aqua Duck might be more crowded than the pools.

dursin
10-22-2010, 07:10 PM
I see there are the same amount of pools as the older ships, family, kids, & splash zone. Are they bigger or the same size? The Dream carries more people so I would think there would be another pool. Are they expecting the Aqua Duck to help w/the crowdedness of the pools?
You will get a scheduled 'pool time' like you do for the shows now.

motherofallfans
10-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Is that a joke?

PearlySwan
10-22-2010, 07:28 PM
^^^ Of course it's a joke! :laughing:

tvguy
10-22-2010, 07:30 PM
The size of pools on a cruise ship is really limited. The bigger the pool, the larger the overflow space has to be. Generally, that means the deeper it has to be recessed.

nemofans
10-22-2010, 08:02 PM

:rotfl:
Thanks for the laugh!

ILoveDisney&Cruising
10-22-2010, 09:42 PM

:lmao:

lmhall2000
10-23-2010, 07:30 AM
The size of pools on a cruise ship is really limited. The bigger the pool, the larger the overflow space has to be. Generally, that means the deeper it has to be recessed.

I think they also may be limited on gallon size...they have to be able to drain a certain amount for health issues and replace it...that's why you see some larger very shallow pools and narrower deeper pools..their volume shouldn't be too much different...

Tara

Evans Family
10-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Fast pass system maybe? ha-ha!

Luvstocruise
10-23-2010, 12:08 PM
I have prepared my son for the realistic possibility of having "limited" pool time on our Feb Magic Cruise. With that said, I would expect the pools on the Dream class ships to be ridiculously crowded.

On the other non Disney ships I sailed moons ago, the pools were never that crowded, probably because there were relatively fewer kids on board at the time we went (Fall and Christmas Cruise). But, put a big ship with lots of kids, especially a Disney ship at Spring or summer break, and you can expect the pools to be at over capacity. As TV Guy had said, its a function of needing to keep pools small though due to oversplash and other issues. BUT, the Dream being a larger ship, I am surprised they skimped on the pools, as you see much larger pools on RCCL Freedom Class ships (similar in size to the new Disney Dream ??) No doubt the Aquaduck will take some spillover, but I pity those parents that want to use the family pool and it is roughly the same size as the Magic's Pool and find there are twice the kids on board all trying to use the pools. I expect the adult pool area to be nuts busy as well. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/headache.gif

Maybe the activities will help alleviate this problem. I am glad my cruise is on the Magic, as I am worried enough about crowds, the Dream from a crowd issue has got to be worse than the Magic/Wonder. Time will tell, when people report back after Dream cruises at Spring break times.

Luvstocruise a.k.a. Dan

orlandothebeagle
10-23-2010, 02:47 PM
:rotfl2::rotfl2:^^^ Of course it's a joke! :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

tvguy
10-23-2010, 03:00 PM
We were on a 7 day Eastern on the Magic and despite 3 sea days, never found time to use the pools. Too many other things to do. Did swim on Castaway Cay though.

SnowWhite2
10-23-2010, 08:31 PM
There is a teen deck/splash type area on the new ships. I expect most of the teens to hang out there and not at the family pool.