PDA

View Full Version : ? re resort stays before/after DCL cruise...

bas71873
10-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Kicking around the cruise idea for next summer, I've saved a few itineraries with a 1 day resort stay both before and after the cruise, at POFQ. The rate is $161/night. Is it best to book all it together or might I be able to get a better room rate booking a room only ressie seperately?

Sue (mom of 3 boys!)
10-22-2010, 12:09 PM
It's generally best to book it on your own, but it never hurts to price it out both ways.

KSDisneyDad
10-22-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure of the question as DCL no longer offers land/sea packages.

I think you have to book the WDW room separately. That's a good thing as if Disney ends up offering a discount code (which they do regularly now), you can always call to get the discounted room rate.

We have typically stayed at WDW (or DLR) before our cruises and just booked the stays separately.

erionm
10-22-2010, 12:18 PM

You can book Pre- and Post-Cruise Hotel packages from DCL.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/packages/walt-disney-world-resort-cruise/

KSDisneyDad
10-22-2010, 12:53 PM
You can book Pre- and Post-Cruise Hotel packages from DCL.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/packages/walt-disney-world-resort-cruise/

Thanks. I was unaware that you could do that. I wouldn't do it myself so probably just skipped over it. I would recommend booking separately to take advantage of potential room-only discounts.

mmouse37
10-22-2010, 12:55 PM

I think you have to book the WDW room separately. That's a good thing as if Disney ends up offering a discount code (which they do regularly now), you can always call to get the discounted room rate.

We have typically stayed at WDW (or DLR) before our cruises and just booked the stays separately.

True that the "official land/sea package" that they used to offer is no more....but you can add nights either pre or post cruise via the DCL website. I don't know how great a deal the rooms would be as I believe they are contract rates and with so many room only deals at WDW that pop up I would definitely book them independtley from each other. You can add park tickets and transfers but you can do that on your own...I do not believe there is any price break if you book through DCL.

This way I could always take advantage of a room only deal at WDW but not sure if I could if I was tied into the DCL ressie.

MJ

mmouse37
10-22-2010, 12:56 PM
We posted at the same approx time!!

MJ

bas71873
10-22-2010, 03:16 PM
THANKS! I am thinking I can probably get a rate better than $161! Just wondered if there was some "catch" I was missing!