PDA

View Full Version : Room Service

snowrella
10-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Can you arrange to have something delivered when you are not there and just leave the tip for them. Was thinking on lines of milk and cookies before bed???:dance3:

KayMouse
10-22-2010, 09:30 AM
I've heard they won't leave any food/item if you aren't in your room to receive it.

Princessandthemommy
10-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Not really sure, but room service did not take that long. I would say 5min for the Mickey Bars, and 10 if that for dinner one night (hot dogs and fires and fruit)

dylan'smom
10-22-2010, 01:53 PM
I've actually never been able to do this, but have read that it's possible - maybe it's at the concierge level??

We were always told we HAD to be there & if we weren't, they were not allowed to leave it. :confused3

AdventureLover67
10-22-2010, 07:16 PM
My guess (and I do mean purely a guess) would be that room service most likely is NOT allowed to enter your room if you are not there for liability reasons.

DLW8
10-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Glad someone had quick response for room service! We ordered BLT, cheese plate and mickey bars on our 3 night cruise (on the Nassau day) and it took over an hour for it to arrive!

jilljill
10-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Glad someone had quick response for room service! We ordered BLT, cheese plate and mickey bars on our 3 night cruise (on the Nassau day) and it took over an hour for it to arrive!

We've had varying response time depending on when we ordered. We like to order something when we come back from CC and it seems like everyone else does as well so it take about 45 minutes then. We've also ordered when in port or on a sea day and had it arrive in 10 minutes.

thomprod
10-23-2010, 10:31 AM
We have ordered room service many times over five cruises. Each time, we were told it would be there in about a half hour and it always arrived in less time. It depends on the time of day and the volume of orders being taken when you call, but it's generally faster than you would expect in a hotel. If you need something immediately during the day, you can always go up to one of the counters on Deck 9.