PDA

View Full Version : weight limit for Aqua Duct ??

coachsomer
10-22-2010, 07:10 AM
I have a few months which I plan to lose SOME weight, but curious
alla Potter RIde if there is any size restrictions for Duct??:scared1:

krhardy
10-22-2010, 10:11 AM
I would pose that question straight to DCL...that way-as well informed as we are here on the Dis :goodvibes-you'll get the "official" answer.
Just my 2 cents worth.

mainstreetmagic
10-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Good question, though, and one I wouldn't have even thought to ask! Disney is normally very good about weight issues, unlike Univeral. :mad: If you find out the answer, will you post it here?

Donald_Quackers
10-22-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm interested as well about the Aqua DUCK (not duct).

Page4
10-22-2010, 12:47 PM
To keep the lines from crowding, you have to be at least 6 ft tall, and less than 100 lbs....just kidding.:lmao:
I've tried to google this but only came up with the height restrictions.

kay1864
10-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Good question, though, and one I wouldn't have even thought to ask! Disney is normally very good about weight issues, unlike Univeral. :mad
This is true. I read recently that one of the changes in the Space Mountain refurb was to put wider seats in the cars, since visitors had gotten wider overall since the attraction first opened.

LivingtheWDWdream
10-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I emailed DCl and within less then an hour received a response back! what service!

I am also pooh sized and worry about that but this is what I have been told:

The AquaDuck features a 2 person inflatable raft. Guests will be
permitted to ride "single". The Acrylic Tube Size is - 52" diameter
by 1-1/2" thickness. The minimum rider height is 48. The weight and
age requirements are still to be determined.

So if they are going to limit the weight to a certain amount then it hasn't been determined and they will update the website with the information.

MagicRat
10-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Have to think if they will mostly be having two people in each slide that the weight max (if any) will be pretty high for an individual rider- they need to plan for two decent sized adults at the least I would think. BTW, I will be all over that on our cruise next April 3!!

TinklednPants
10-22-2010, 02:54 PM
I hope nobody gets stuck in that tube (like Augustus in Willie Wonka) !!

taswira
10-22-2010, 03:23 PM
I doubt that the weight limitations will have anything to do with weight in itself. They are probably more concerned with "girth size" - width of the person on the raft, and how safe of a "fit" inside the tube. I don't think being overweight would be an issue, but being severely obese probably would - for safety reasons. Most Guests should be fine. That's a sensitive decision that DCL has to make.

Husurdady
10-22-2010, 03:47 PM
:thumbsup2 200 lbs. or the " TRAP " door over the ocean opens. :laughing: :lmao::lmao: :rotfl2:.............Forgive me , I just had to say that. HAPPY SAILING EVERYONE.

wld4mky
10-22-2010, 04:21 PM
:thumbsup2 200 lbs. or the " TRAP " door over the ocean opens. :laughing: :lmao::lmao: :rotfl2:.............Forgive me , I just had to say that. HAPPY SAILING EVERYONE.

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

mousemom11
10-22-2010, 04:21 PM
I hope nobody gets stuck in that tube (like Augustus in Willie Wonka) !!

I got a mental image of Homer Simpson stuck in the tube at Mount Splashmore. :lmao:

LivingtheWDWdream
10-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I doubt that the weight limitations will have anything to do with weight in itself. They are probably more concerned with "girth size" - width of the person on the raft, and how safe of a "fit" inside the tube. I don't think being overweight would be an issue, but being severely obese probably would - for safety reasons. Most Guests should be fine. That's a sensitive decision that DCL has to make.

Definitely but if a person fits on the tube then there shouldn't be a concern the question is then if the person is too heavy and the water power can't carry the tube and them down the slide safely.

It will be interesting to see how they do handle a sensitive issue such as this to make it less stressful on the guests who may have to be disappointed and told they can't go.

tvguy
10-22-2010, 04:36 PM

Either that, or they will weigh everyone until they find someone so heavy that the sections of tube come apart!

mca
10-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Is the technology for the Aquaduck not similar to the "gusher coaster" at Typhoon lagoon?

Has anyone been on that slide?

NewDCLGuy
10-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Classic large guy at waterpark humor:

John Pinette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDLfQGLTTv8

Stephieann
10-22-2010, 06:50 PM

:rotfl2: ROFL :rotfl2:

jilljill
10-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Please be kind with your comments on this thread. We don't want it turning into a thread that needs to be closed due to rude comments regarding peoples' sizes. While some may think it's funny, others find it extremely hurtful and rude.

From The Golden Rules of Board Posting

Treat your fellow posters with respect. We all have our own opinions and all opinions are welcome as long as they are posted in a respectful manner. It is also helpful to read an entire thread before posting. What might have been a heated discussion on the first couple of pages might have been resolved later on and just posting to the original post just frustrates the other posters. Remember that what is right for one poster and their situation might not be right for others.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1010690

gydell
10-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Please be kind with your comments on this thread. We don't want it turning into a thread that needs to be closed due to rude comments regarding peoples' sizes. While some may think it's funny, others find it extremely hurtful and rude.

Ditto!!!

ACDSNY
10-22-2010, 10:27 PM

:lmao: Oh my I have tears from laughing so hard when he got to the part of the slide freefall.

I'll be interested in the answer to the OP question as I'm pooh size and will be taking my 6 yr old niece on the Dream in Nov 2011.

shmoogrrrl
10-22-2010, 10:30 PM
What I am surprised about is the 48 inch height requirement. I imagined that I would be able to ride with my son, who will be three.

Of course, now that I think about it, I am not sure WHY I thought that. I know my daughter was too small to ride the Gusher coaster at Typhoon Lagoon when she was four!

atinkerbellmom
10-23-2010, 08:44 AM

From The Golden Rules of Board Posting

Treat your fellow posters with respect. We all have our own opinions and all opinions are welcome as long as they are posted in a respectful manner. It is also helpful to read an entire thread before posting. What might have been a heated discussion on the first couple of pages might have been resolved later on and just posting to the original post just frustrates the other posters. Remember that what is right for one poster and their situation might not be right for others.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1010690
THANKS Jill. I actually think all but a few post were very hurtful, especially the "trap door" comment. All said in "humor" to the people who are saying it, but this is a REAL concern. Posting links and talking about one's weight is not acceptable. When one makes comments of the such, you are judging and really stating what YOU find acceptable. JUST RUDE! I am soooo sorry I even open or read this thread. Sure makes a lady who does a lot for fellow DISers question who I do spread Pixie Dust among....
Large size people already have to plan things that many do not think of. Chairs in the WDT, chairs at dinner, chairs on the beach, where to sit for lunch on CC, if the life jackets or snorkling items fit, if you fit into the bathrooms. So I would curve my comments "on a public place where everyone can read". DCL Disers are usually more sensative than even other DISer on the other boards. I guess this is changing..... BTW...... When rides have weight limits it has to do with the hydrolics and if the ride can operate safe when running. It may accomadate a person in "Girth" but not weight. So, when a weight limit is placed on rides it is usually for that reason. You can be under the weight limit and not fit into a ride. A shorter plus size person might not fit into a ride, so therefore will not ride. A taller plus size person may fit but the ride may not be able to operate safe. So the limit will be placed on a number where the ride can operate safe; not based on size or based on how the person looks when going down. Plus size people are aware of this, but I guess many non-plus size people must not be. In rides of the such, it is usually 300lbs OR 400 lbs. So fingers crossed. That would then cover 2 "normal" as some of you appear to be grouping or 1 plus size. Since DCL has been generous with size in other departments, I am hoping they will build with this in a generous mind set as well.
With this thread being read and now me being appalled, I am logging off.... If any of you are contacting me about pillowcases, I will still read those PMs. As long as you are not one of the posters on this thread who is being rude! I am VERY SAD; just for the record!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

dursin
10-23-2010, 09:06 AM
THANKS Jill. I actually think all but a few post were very hurtful, especially the "trap door" comment. All said in "humor" to the people who are saying it, but this is a REAL concern. Posting links and talking about one's weight is not acceptable. When one makes comments of the such, you are judging and really stating what YOU find acceptable. JUST RUDE! I am soooo sorry I even open or read this thread. Sure makes a lady who does a lot for fellow DISers question who I do spread Pixie Dust among....
Large size people already have to plan things that many do not think of. Chairs in the WDT, chairs at dinner, chairs on the beach, where to sit for lunch on CC, if the life jackets or snorkling items fit, if you fit into the bathrooms. So I would curve my comments "on a public place where everyone can read". DCL Disers are usually more sensative than even other DISer on the other boards. I guess this is changing..... BTW...... When rides have weight limits it has to do with the hydrolics and if the ride can operate safe when running. It may accomadate a person in "Girth" but not weight. So, when a weight limit is placed on rides it is usually for that reason. You can be under the weight limit and not fit into a ride. A shorter plus size person might not fit into a ride, so therefore will not ride. A taller plus size person may fit but the ride may not be able to operate safe. So the limit will be placed on a number where the ride can operate safe; not based on size or based on how the person looks when going down. Plus size people are aware of this, but I guess many non-plus size people must not be. In rides of the such, it is usually 300lbs OR 400 lbs. So fingers crossed. That would then cover 2 "normal" as some of you appear to be grouping or 1 plus size. Since DCL has been generous with size in other departments, I am hoping they will build with this in a generous mind set as well.
With this thread being read and now me being appalled, I am logging off.... If any of you are contacting me about pillowcases, I will still read those PMs. As long as you are not one of the posters on this thread who is being rude! I am VERY SAD; just for the record!:sad2::sad2::sad2:
I read the entire thread and nothing said here was so bad that anyone should be offended to the degree of being 'appalled'. :confused3

MoranClan
10-23-2010, 09:32 AM
I am a large sized person, both in weight and girth. I am 40, still am very active in sports, but I am big. I am 5'9 and weigh 310lbs, my waist has finally caught up with my upper body :confused3. I dont fit in many rides due to my shoulders and chest being oversized. I am considered obese by the medical industry, but never let that discourage me. As far as the trap door comment, I laughed out loud.... Some people need a sense of humor.

I lose weight, I gain weight. I have become used to it. I accept the fact I will never be 175 lbs, but I also make sure I will never hit 350lbs.

Just my .02 from a large person.

KayMouse
10-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Agreed. I am a "pooh sized" girl and I found all the comments hilarious. The trap door comment was the best one! People just need to have a sense of humor and stop being so darn uptight. There was nothing to be "appalled" over. It was all in good fun, and I'm pretty sure a lot of threads have upset people. That's life, get over it. I doubt they were necessarily making fun of bigger people, just the situation. And that's my 2 cents.

BobandLee
10-23-2010, 11:32 AM
I guess I could be considered "Pooh sized". But for me that is not a problem.
I have a thick skin, but I can understand how some would be hurt by the trap door attempt at humor.

I find it interesting that someone's "girth" can be considered a free shot.
I try not to make light of anyone's weigh or whether they are big or tall.

But then, that seems to be the way this board is heading.
Or maybe I should "just get over it".

TagsMissy
10-23-2010, 11:57 AM
I am definitely on the heavier side and I took no offence to anything said unless there were deleted posts that I have not seen. If one can't laugh at themselves who can they laugh at? :) :hug:

UncleLarry
10-23-2010, 12:14 PM
If one can't laugh at themselves who can they laugh at? :) :hug:

Answer = Other people

KayMouse
10-23-2010, 01:27 PM
I guess I could be considered "Pooh sized". But for me that is not a problem.
I have a thick skin, but I can understand how some would be hurt by the trap door attempt at humor.

I find it interesting that someone's "girth" can be considered a free shot.
I try not to make light of anyone's weigh or whether they are big or tall.

But then, that seems to be the way this board is heading.
Or maybe I should "just get over it".

I didn't take this thread as "making fun of overweight people", I took it as making fun of the situation. I'd still be laughing if the joke was made about someone who was too tall for the ride. People can't control their height, but you can control your weight, and I say that as a plus sized girl working her way back to being smaller. Tall people don't get offended when you say "Hey, you're the first to know when it rains." And short people don't get offended when you say,"Hey, you're eye level with the curb." So I don't see why overweight people are so sensitive to harmless humor. So yes, in other words, I think you should just get over it.

BobandLee
10-23-2010, 01:42 PM
So, following that logic, if I said someone from a certain part of the country was stupid and illiterate, that is o.k., because they can move from that part of the country.

When i first signed on to the Dis, it was a very nice place.
I guess I will just get over it and go thru the trap door.

dursin
10-23-2010, 01:50 PM
So, following that logic, if I said someone from a certain part of the country was stupid and illiterate, that is o.k., because they can move from that part of the country.

As long as you're referring to Alaska, Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Utah or West Virginia, yes....that would be fine.

KayMouse
10-23-2010, 01:56 PM
So, following that logic, if I said someone from a certain part of the country was stupid and illiterate, that is ok., because they can move from that part of the country.

Not necessarily, no. That's taking it to an extreme. I was merely saying that if the joke was applied to a different group of people (based on physical characteristics) that that group of people probably wouldn't be offended. I think a lot overweight people are way too sensitive. That's all. I love the DIS and I still think it's a nice, friendly place, but it is not immune to debate and arguments. Hey, with my weight, I might be one of those people who fall through that trap door :)

jilljill
10-23-2010, 01:57 PM
This thread is starting to go downhill very quickly. There is absolutely no need to insult anyone!

KayMouse
10-23-2010, 01:59 PM
As long as you're referring to Alaska, Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Utah or West Virginia, yes....that would be fine.

Hahaha! Let's remove Alabama. I'll vouch for smart people from Alabama! :) :) :)

Page4
10-23-2010, 02:00 PM
lock down coming in 10, 9, 8, ...

KayMouse
10-23-2010, 02:06 PM
lock down coming in 10, 9, 8, ...

I feel it coming too! Haha!

orlandothebeagle
10-23-2010, 02:45 PM

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
I used to be pooh sized, I didnt find it offensive for the record.
In fact I never really noticed it, untill it was brought to my attention .
Im sure it wasnt meant:grouphug:
And for the record,,,,the dis is still a nice place.

KayMouse
10-23-2010, 02:57 PM
:rotfl2::rotfl2:
I used to be pooh sized, I didnt find it offensive for the record.
In fact I never really noticed it, untill it was brought to my attention .
Im sure it wasnt meant:grouphug:
And for the record,,,,the dis is still a nice place.

Agreed:thumbsup2

Pumba's Truth
10-27-2010, 02:04 PM
I emailed DCl and within less then an hour received a response back! what service!

I am also pooh sized and worry about that but this is what I have been told:

The AquaDuck features a 2 person inflatable raft. Guests will be
permitted to ride "single". The Acrylic Tube Size is - 52" diameter
by 1-1/2" thickness. The minimum rider height is 48. The weight and
age requirements are still to be determined.

So if they are going to limit the weight to a certain amount then it hasn't been determined and they will update the website with the information.

Me thinks that there are possible concerns and maybe confusions about the Diameter vs circumference.

The circumference is about 163" which will allow most folks through the system inclusive of the inflatable tube on which you'll be riding. As for weight issues, I'm certain that the imagineres will have taken this into consideration.

Eeyore1928
10-27-2010, 02:24 PM
I am sure there will be both size and weight restrictions...there has to be for everyones safety. However I understand those people who choose to be upset will be and those who choose to understand will. No one can please everyone. I have family that is pooh sized....yes I try to help them lose weight for their health, not for theme park rides. I can say I would be extremely upset of someone over or under either limit rode the ride and caused it to be closed for the rest of the ship. That is not fair. I am one of the people that cannot stand calling a company and getting a person that does not speak english, or people in this country illegally getting benefits I pay for, or someone taking advantage of a broken welfare system. However I do have to deal with pooh-sized people at my job and it is a very touchy subject when I have to call someone and ask their size due to airline restrictions. I know it is embarrassing for them and it is for me too. I know some people may have a problem...be it thyroid, allergies...whatever, but some choose to be that way and do nothing about it except to expect more and more people to expand seats, rides, etc. That is not right either. I am not getting down on anyone that has a real medical issue, but like I tell my family...you can save yourself healthwise. I worry too much about my overweight family. They do not embarrass me....just worry me. I would never want to lose a loved one for them being too lazy to help themselves.

billsfan
01-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Is there a weight limit for the Aquaduck?

mesaboy2
01-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Don't think so, only a 48" height minimum.

Why am I picturing Augustus Gloop after reading your question?

Friscorays
01-16-2011, 07:59 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2581284&highlight=aquaduck+weight+limit

Lemola
01-16-2011, 08:00 PM
No weight limit. The diameter of the tube is 52 inches if that helps.
http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=38762487

breakingd_awn
01-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Don't think so, only a 48" height minimum.

Why am I picturing Augustus Gloop after reading your question?

:lmao: Too funny , another good Johnny Depp movie

andersonfamily
01-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Very funny "tube ride" Video!:lmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ej_JJ5eV4Q&feature=related

Luvstocruise
01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Disclaimer:
I am not insinuating anyone is fat...I'm only proposing a way to quantify another way CMs may need to restrict riders...so punching in the numbers...
C=pi*d is the formula I am using to calculate circumference:
where
d=diameter of the Aqua Duck =52 inches
pi=3.1415926
C=circumference of person at hips=(3.1415926*52)=163.36 inches

Therefore if a person's body is 163.36 inches circumference at the hip, they would definitely get stuck in the tube if not even riding the inner tube thing. This is disregarding the inner tube thing space it takes up in the Aqua Duck. If we asume the inner tube thing floats and takes up 25% of the diameter of Auqaduck tube, then the circumference would have to be reduced by 25%. Hence the body diameter would have to be possibly be 0.75*163.36 inches (i.e 3/4 of the 163.36 inches I calculated earlier)... i.e. 122.52 inches.

Assuming the parameters for the calculations are sound, there *IS* a way to quantify the limit in size of the person that can safely ride the Aquaduck. So maybe DCL will have to issue a height and circumference limit (which could checked by a CM if needed. Perhaps a few inches could be lopped off for CM measuring error.

This final number also assumes the kinks in the aquatube (i.e the corners) are not restricted in any way.

FWIW,
Luvstocruise

Wadekind
01-16-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm not overweight, I'm fat. I eat too much or the wrong things and exercise too little or not at all. Most fat people are fat because they do the same as me. What I don't do is make excuses or expect special consideration. I did this to myself. It is my fault. I can lose weight so that my body falls into the range of normal and I fit in places like 90% of the people. I do check and consider seat sizes on amusement rides, theaters, cars that I may buy etc.. I do not claim a disability just because losing weight is hard. I am not offended or "appalled" when someone makes a fat joke like the ones on here. They are not personal attacks.

MCourtney
01-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Wow. Between this thread and the Concierge Gate thread, there are an awful lot of 'opinions' out there :eek: and none of us have even been on the boat yet. Just sayin'.

hgon76
01-16-2011, 10:28 PM
I don't think anyone was rude or out of line really. It's really a matter of safety IMO. I personally hope they've taken that into consideration when building the aquaduck. In all seriousness....it is a tube that hangs hundreds of feet above the OCEAN!!! I hope to god they know just how much weight is too much before putting people at risk. Even if it means it may offend some, safety should be #1 concern.

BensDaddy
01-16-2011, 10:35 PM
I keyed in on the unfortunate minimum height requirement. I am going to have one VERY unhappy 5 year old boy.

We've been showing him pictures of the Aquaduck for months ... guess I thought he'd be able to go on my lap or something. Not sure what we're going to do about this now. May be better to cancel the cruise and perhaps try again in a few years.

lmhall2000
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM
I bet the weight thing can get awfully tricky...are they going to have a combined weight (since they encourage double riders) limit? Well, my husband is 220 and if I was 160 (yeah, like I'm really going to list a real weight, HA!) my gosh, that's nearing a 400 pound weight limit!! It would be so much fun to ride with my husband, but we may have to selectively choose one of our skinny children to ride with! :)

I'm sure Disney is coming at it from a safety/liability position, hope they figure it out soon! :)

Oh, and we from Bama are pretty tootin smart! Doubt there would be many defense missiles, shuttle launches or unmanned aircraft without us! :)

Tara

smb6
01-16-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking the average overweight person would be fine.... It is a two rider- if you had two people of average weight (w/height varying average 150pnds) then- that is 300 pounds that the ride is easily ready to handle... And I'm sure it can handle much more.... And over 100inches is a good bit- to the point I'm guessing anyone that is mobile enough to climb the stairs to ride, can probably fit.... I really don't see size being an issue on the aqua duck..... But, I guess time will tell....

FJS961
01-16-2011, 11:08 PM
true, you have to climb the stairs to access the ride, eh?

dursin
01-16-2011, 11:45 PM
true, you have to climb the stairs to access the ride, eh?
Yeah...pretty sure that most anyone who hasn't reached the "I'm so big that I need an ECV to get around because my legs can no longer carry my own weight" category, should be fine. :)

mesaboy2
01-17-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm thinking the average overweight person would be fine.... It is a two rider- if you had two people of average weight (w/height varying average 150pnds) then- that is 300 pounds that the ride is easily ready to handle... And I'm sure it can handle much more.... And over 100inches is a good bit- to the point I'm guessing anyone that is mobile enough to climb the stairs to ride, can probably fit.... I really don't see size being an issue on the aqua duck..... But, I guess time will tell....

I completely agree. I bet the 'Duck could easily handle 600 pounds--and then some--on a raft at a time. The thing is probably over-engineered to the hilt. The raft itself is probably the limiting factor.

A little OT, but I suspect the height requirement is actually a measurable way to keep young kids from riding whose parents would otherwise, ahem, exaggerate their age so that their little darling could ride. After all, they paid all that money, right? I could see it now: "He's/She's 6, I swear it", or "But his/her birthday is next week".

dursin
01-17-2011, 12:16 AM
I completely agree. I bet the 'Duck could easily handle 600 pounds--and then some--on a raft at a time. The thing is probably over-engineered to the hilt. The raft itself is probably the limiting factor.

A little OT, but I suspect the height requirement is actually a measurable way to keep young kids from riding whose parents would otherwise, ahem, exaggerate their age so that their little darling could ride. After all, they paid all that money, right? I could see it now: "He's/She's 6, I swear it", or "But his/her birthday is next week".
I thinks that works everywhere except a cruise. They know everyones ages! :)

princessemily21
01-17-2011, 12:23 AM
I think the real question, after diameter of the tube, is diameter of the seat of the innertube. One would have to sit there comfortably in order to ride without risk of falling off.

Other than that, there should be no serious weight issues with riders. The raft can probably hold, at the very least, 450 lbs at capacity. Most people who have a hip circumference of 150 inches would not even think of riding a ride like this.

stitchlovestink
01-17-2011, 12:26 AM

bolding is mine...
that's the thing with a cruise though...
there's no way to 'inflate' or 'deflate' a child/teen's age. You have to provide a Birth certificate or passport when you check in, so you really cannot lie about their age. The ship keeps track of it. Well at least in our experience they do.

Our experience.... a few years ago, older DD (who was 16 at the time) went to Aloft and a CM told her she wasn't allowed to be there. She told them she most certainly was entitled to be there and they questioned her about her age. The CM (guy) did not believe her when she told him she was only 16 (she's 6'1" in bare feet) and he went and checked her KTTW (or whatever they call your card on the ship) against a roster of some sort. When he saw her name and age on the roster, he apologized and told her she was certainly welcome there at Aloft anytime during the cruise.

So while I understand what you are saying, I think it is pretty near impossible to 'change' a child's age on the cruise the way people do it in WDW.
just my .02 :goodvibes

Fleury
01-17-2011, 01:43 PM

LMAO!

My husband said he's worried that he'll end up stuck like Pooh bear halway through the window :scared1:

landofoz
01-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Don't forget that the weight of the riders/raft is only one very small part of the weight that the ride will be supporting. The amount of water (a very heavy liquid) will be substantially higher.

The biggest weight requirement will likely be what the raft can sustain before popping or leaking air. I think the tube can probably hold thousands of pounds of water + a few heavy people.

billsfan
01-17-2011, 10:56 PM
I think the real question, after diameter of the tube, is diameter of the seat of the innertube. One would have to sit there comfortably in order to ride without risk of falling off.

Other than that, there should be no serious weight issues with riders. The raft can probably hold, at the very least, 450 lbs at capacity. Most people who have a hip circumference of 150 inches would not even think of riding a ride like this.

I do not have a concern about the tube diameter, I do not have a concern about popping the tube, I do not have a concern about fitting on the tube. My concern is will there be enough force to push my large mass up the hills or will I get stuck at the bottom of the hills and receive an AquaDuck Colonic!:scared1:

SonicGuy
01-18-2011, 12:51 AM
I do not have a concern about the tube diameter, I do not have a concern about popping the tube, I do not have a concern about fitting on the tube. My concern is will there be enough force to push my large mass up the hills or will I get stuck at the bottom of the hills and receive an AquaDuck Colonic!:scared1:

I needed that laugh. Thank you.

Principessa1284
11-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Let's resurrect this older thread since she's sailed plenty now - any answers? What's it like in comparison to the crush'n gusher at typhoon lagoon?

HowdyHeidi
11-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Well, people definitely have gotten stuck, a guy in front of my mom did. They said he tipped his boat somehow. This is obviously common enough because there is a sign at the top telling you what to do if you get stuck (wait for a CM).

mare73
11-15-2011, 10:38 PM
While I don't like putting my weight out there, I know this type of information would have put me at ease had I known before our cruise...

So I'm 5'4" and my husband is 5'10"...combined, we weigh 600 lbs. (ugh, sucks to type that out)...anyhow, we rode the Aquaduck together and loved it! I screamed with glee and laughed hysterically the entire ride - which was over too quickly.

Have fun, folks!

(also, I did see thin adults riding with their young kids, maybe a total combined weight of about 230...hope that helps those of you wondering about weight minimums)

mickey2000
11-15-2011, 10:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/diz/Picture32722.jpg

dvc deernut
11-15-2011, 10:47 PM
well, people definitely have gotten stuck, a guy in front of my mom did. They said he tipped his boat somehow. This is obviously common enough because there is a sign at the top telling you what to do if you get stuck (wait for a cm).

my wife and i were in line behind 2 men who were larger, they rode single. The first guy sat too far back im assuming. I watched as he made the first loop. He was already to highh on the turn. By the time he hit that first drop he flipped. They had to shut the water off and climb one of the ladders and get him to crawl out. Just so you know it takes around 20 minutes for the water to get back to the top to start the ride going again.

TDC Nala
11-16-2011, 09:13 AM
I think the weight issues on the Aqua Duck are related to too little weight rather than too much. If the raft is too light it may get stuck.

mesaboy2
11-16-2011, 09:43 AM
I think the weight issues on the Aqua Duck are related to too little weight rather than too much. If the raft is too light it may get stuck.

I agree. :thumbsup2

In fact, I think the height restriction is set in part due to weight concerns and trying to ensure that not only is there enough height for safety concerns, but enough weight on the raft to keep it moving forward.

bound2travel
11-16-2011, 09:45 AM
my wife and i were in line behind 2 men who were larger, they rode single. The first guy sat too far back im assuming. I watched as he made the first loop. He was already to highh on the turn. By the time he hit that first drop he flipped. They had to shut the water off and climb one of the ladders and get him to crawl out. Just so you know it takes around 20 minutes for the water to get back to the top to start the ride going again.

This makes me think he was sitting in the back "hole" if he was sitting too far back.
So if riding single, should you ride in the first "hole" or the back "hole"?