PDA

View Full Version : 3 sea days? What do you do?

floydfamily4
10-21-2010, 05:50 PM
I am considering a 7 night EC for 2012 but the 3 sea days is giving me a lot of pause. I just can't imagine what we (me, DH, twin age 7) could do for 3 days on the ship that won't cost another arm and a leg. What have you done on your sea days (beyond the pool)? Thanks!

maria-fan-22
10-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I usually RELAX! :cool1: They have lots of activities to keep you occupied. It is nearly impossible to run ut of things to do. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE! pirate:

lexlaw69
10-21-2010, 05:57 PM
The sea days are usually the CHEAPEST days because you are not in port, paying for a tour, etc. etc. The sea days are great on a disney boat because there are so many activities from hanging out at the pool, to arts and crafts and the full size theater - to name a few. I enjoy the pool but ended up taking a dance lesson and did some crafts with my wife. IT WAS FUN!

ILoveDisney&Cruising
10-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Sea days are the BEST days!!!!! :cool1:

I could enjoy a week of 'em and still not run out of things to do!! 2 sea days just aren't enough on our 7-day!

Ginamarie
10-21-2010, 06:05 PM
We LOVE sea days on DCL! Three sea days for us would seem like too little :)

DCL schedules so many activities, most of which are free- games, crafts, kids club activities, character greetings, etc. We love building vegetable racers on our cruises and try not to miss that one! The pools are always relaxing and the kids love the water slide. Plus, there's a movie theater that plays feature films all day long.

On other cruiselines we found there was a lot less to do on sea days without paying, but we've never had that problem on DCL.

KSDisneyDad
10-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Our longest cruise had 7 Sea Days not including the transit day through the Panama Canal itself!

I agree that the Sea Days are some of our least expensive ones! You could spend money if you go to the Spa or play Bingo.

We love them, but we do spend a lot of time relaxing in the sun. Our kids enjoy the clubs, watching a movie or two, playing at the pool, spending time with friends, etc.

If we're not at the pool, we've also enjoyed walks on Deck 4, working out in the gym or attending seminars, galley tours and other presentations. Some of the things we've paid for include a Palo brunch or wine tasting. However, it often seems there are things we want to do, but end up not having the time to fit them in.

On one Sea Day on the 7-night cruises, you'll have a character breakfast (no additional charge). Plus, sometimes they have a matinee performance of the evening show.

Honestly, we often skip the evening show as we don't want to stop enjoying the ship. We do finally head in and get ready for evening dinner, which is why we prefer the late seating.

dylan'smom
10-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Movies in Buena Vista are a fave, lots & lots of extra on board activities for every age group...

Adult art of entertaining is fun - the cooking demonstrations alone are great, comfy chairs in Studio Sea, watching food prep including tasting & wine pairing...other tastings too to sign up for...get-togethers, galley tours!

LOVE sea days... :lovestruc

Our 2 Princesses
10-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Do you have to sign up in advance for the art of entertainment and galley tours? I really want to do these!! :goodvibes

kathi
10-21-2010, 07:11 PM
We love sea days.

Our daughter likes to go to the kids club and hang out.

We do some family activities together.

My husband and I go to the adult pool early in the day for a while.
Drink and eat
Go to the Rainforest Room at the Spa

It's relaxing and not terribly expensive (especially if you have the ingredients for mimosas in your cabin!).

mousemom11
10-21-2010, 07:24 PM
I plan to spend my sea days on the Fantasy waiting in the horrendously long lines for the Aqua Duck. :rotfl2:

I understand your concerns. Before our first cruise, DH was worried that he would get bored on the sea days. Not a problem. There are activities scheduled for all ages all day long. Not to mention my favorite, which is to be ensconced in a lounge chair with my book and a margarita!

Michele325
10-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Take a look at some of the navigators that people have brought back. Link is in the FAQ at the top I believe. We did family game shows, kids clubs, movie, one of the days they had the evening show in the afternoon, towel folding, etc, etc. All included in your cruise price. We did a nicer lunch one day too.

LindaBabe
10-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Do you have to sign up in advance for the art of entertainment and galley tours? I really want to do these!! :goodvibes

Galley tour yes. Art of Entertainment, you just show up.

HallsofVA
10-21-2010, 09:00 PM
We had 8 sea days in total, including 5 straight sea days in a row, on the WBTA we recently finished, and many of us could have used a few more sea days at the end! We still barely scratched the surface on all there is to do on the ship.

I like the Eastern because of the extra sea day. You can stay busy with all the activities they have, geared toward all ages and interests, from toddlers to geezers, or you can just hang out and enjoy the ship, pool, or decks.

Our 2 Princesses
10-22-2010, 05:08 AM
Galley tour yes. Art of Entertainment, you just show up.

Thank you for the info!

coachsomer
10-22-2010, 06:08 AM
I have a few months which I plan to lose SOME weight, but curious
alla Potter RIde if there is any size restrictions for Duct??:scared1:

DisneyCruiser83
10-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Here is a link to a Tortola navigator, which has three sea days:

http://home.comcast.net/~roveer1/DCL%20Navigator%20and%20extras.pdf

There really is plenty to do for everyone without spending extra money.

floydfamily4
10-22-2010, 07:56 AM

Thanks for the replies! I knew I could count on Dis'ers to set me straight:lmao:

GraffFam
10-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Rainforest Room, sun bathe, take a nap, catch a movie, go for a swim, get drunk, play ping pong, etc etc. So much to do, but with life being so hectic JUST RELAX AND ENJOY THESE MOMENTS WITH NOTHING TO DO!!! :cool1::thumbsup2

SuzPasq
10-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I am considering a 7 night EC for 2012 but the 3 sea days is giving me a lot of pause. I just can't imagine what we (me, DH, twin age 7) could do for 3 days on the ship that won't cost another arm and a leg. What have you done on your sea days (beyond the pool)? Thanks!

There are so many more activities (free) scheduled for sea days that it would be hard to run out of things to do. We have done wine tastings, cooking classes, dance parties, animation classes, watched movies, played ping pong, played board games, and yes, sat by the pool. As much as I love the Western itinerary, this year I am totally looking forward to three relaxing days at sea.

KingRichard
10-22-2010, 05:47 PM

Thanks for posting that.

It is great for a first timer to look at what is going on for a wide age group.

DD 3, DS's 16&17

PearlySwan
10-22-2010, 07:37 PM
We did the 7-Night Eastern itinerary in 2006 and absolutely loved the three days at sea. It allowed us the opportunity to explore the ship and enjoy more activities onboard while at sea. DCL schedules more offerings on sea days, so there is absolutely not way you'll be bored. I love sea days as they don't ever feel rushed. On port days things can get a little more hectic trying to get to specific excursion meets and then getting back onboard, etc. OP, don't hesitate to take advantage of the 7-Night Eastern itinerary. You won't be disappointed! :thumbsup2

Octoberbride03
10-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Rainforest Room, sun bathe, take a nap, catch a movie, go for a swim, get drunk, play ping pong, etc etc. So much to do, but with life being so hectic JUST RELAX AND ENJOY THESE MOMENTS WITH NOTHING TO DO!!! :cool1::thumbsup2

:worship::thumbsup2

Amen to that. Our last cruise(also our first) we had planned to do stuff during our 3 sea days. Never happened. We were SOO wiped out from our jobs/lives that we sat down on some nice lounges on deck and that was IT:rotfl2: Hardly even got comfy before some wonderful server was offering me drinks and I was in heaven. We watched the ocean roll by and read our books and we were so very grateful. We have not been able to relax in just that way either before or since that cruise. 3 sea days is awesome.

KrisannB
10-22-2010, 08:12 PM
This past year we have done both the EBTA and the WBTA and loved the sea days! We had more sea days on the EBTA and I missed the extra day on the EBTA - there is so much to do like everyone says - and you can always just sit and relax!

Krisann

dlberney
10-22-2010, 08:21 PM
:worship::thumbsup2

Amen to that. Our last cruise(also our first) we had planned to do stuff during our 3 sea days. Never happened. We were SOO wiped out from our jobs/lives that we sat down on some nice lounges on deck and that was IT:rotfl2: Hardly even got comfy before some wonderful server was offering me drinks and I was in heaven. We watched the ocean roll by and read our books and we were so very grateful. We have not been able to relax in just that way either before or since that cruise. 3 sea days is awesome.

This sounds sooooo amazing. :lovestruc I wish we were leaving for our cruise tomorrow! :rotfl:

Wyndi Mother
10-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Is there a good, comprehensive listing for the activities that will be available. So far I feel like I am piecing together information from a variety of websites and people's personal experiences but not getting a sort of "catalogue" of what the options and costs are...We are on the Jan 6, 2011 Panama Canal cruise... :0)

Wyndi Mother
10-22-2010, 11:19 PM
That is something I think I have never done in my whole life...I am not sure how I will react :0) Relaxation...what a concept!

Wyndi Mother
10-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Movies in Buena Vista are a fave, lots & lots of extra on board activities for every age group...

Adult art of entertaining is fun - the cooking demonstrations alone are great, comfy chairs in Studio Sea, watching food prep including tasting & wine pairing...other tastings too to sign up for...get-togethers, galley tours!

LOVE sea days... :lovestruc

Do you sign up for these things ahead of time or just pick and choose as you go?

Ginamarie
10-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Do you sign up for these things ahead of time or just pick and choose as you go?

Movies and demonstrations, just show up as you please.. the wine/martini/margarita tastings you would sign up for on the ship.

They don't print the "official" guide for daily activities until you're on the ship, but if you search for trip reports/info from the previous PC cruises, you can probably find copies of the navigators from previous PC cruises.

I have all of my WBPC navigators somewhere, but I never bothered to scan them to my computer.

Gigi22
10-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Love sea days--one of my favourite things to do is to grab a cup of coffee and sit quietly on the balcony, just enjoying the sea.

orlandothebeagle
10-23-2010, 04:13 PM
We had 5 in a row on the ta cruise, ahhh, bliss, I LOVED them, I never heard 1 person complaing about the sea day.

BealsRwe
10-23-2010, 04:28 PM
We love the eastern over western because of that extra sea day. DCL has first run movies onboard-new releases that are in theaters on land. We usually catch the matinee of the show in the Walt Disney Theater (seeing Disney Dreams twice onboard is our favorite activity). The galley tour is fun. The kids clubs and pools are exciting places to be. Palo brunch-our favorite activity on sea days! The martini and tequila tastings are fun activities!!! We try to sneak in a nap or a rest on deck too. The sea days are our favorite thing about the cruise. In fact whenever we port in Nassau now, we treat that as a sea day and never get off the ship.