PDA

View Full Version : Dream Cabin 8001

tigger2on
10-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Anyone know if this cabin will be a sideways cabin like on Magic or Wonder?
I can't see Disney putting a bed against a wall with a hallway on the other side due to foot traffic... so I would guess it will have a different layout as other 11B cabins.
Anyone care to venture a thought/opinion on the subject?

ibouncetoo
10-21-2010, 02:59 PM
The entrance to this cabin is on the end...so nope, not 'sideways'. And I'm betting that bed is still in the 'back', so there will be a back AND a side hallway!

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
10-21-2010, 04:03 PM
eww I don't think I'd like that room!
I was looking for sideways cabins on Fantasy (same as dream) and my TA advised against it because it appears that while sideways on the ship- they are still entering from the end... which is totally not what we mean when we saw "sideways"- we mean open in the side so it appears more roomy when you enter!

So we nixed that idea........ LOL
Apparently on the sideways cabins (not this one but the others) that there are hallways in between- that's why the white appears to "notch in" where there would be doors on the ends of the rooms... that's what it looks like and that's what we're assuming it is.

HallsofVA
10-21-2010, 04:31 PM
eww I don't think I'd like that room!
I was looking for sideways cabins on Fantasy (same as dream) and my TA advised against it because it appears that while sideways on the ship- they are still entering from the end... which is totally not what we mean when we saw "sideways"- we mean open in the side so it appears more roomy when you enter!

So we nixed that idea........ LOL
Apparently on the sideways cabins (not this one but the others) that there are hallways in between- that's why the white appears to "notch in" where there would be doors on the ends of the rooms... that's what it looks like and that's what we're assuming it is.

I think the 8A cabins on decks 5 & 6 will be psuedo-sideways cabins, since they are square and will have two large portholes instead of 1.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
10-21-2010, 05:45 PM
^^ that's a totally different issue but I was wondering about how those would be arranged inside. I thought they looked "square" on the deck plans.... haha