PDA

View Full Version : Crowds the week of December 12-18th?

gilby
10-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Can anyone give me their experience of crowds for the week of December 12-18th. I am trying to map out my trip. So much to do it a short period of time.

lvdis
10-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Sorry I can't help, but I'm very interested in knowing this too. We'll be there 12/12 - 12/16.

lovethattink
10-21-2010, 11:03 AM
TP lists each day as a 1 to 5 for crowd levels that week. So should be a great week!

g-dad66
10-21-2010, 11:24 AM
We were there during that week last year, and crowds were low (except for the crush on the Streets of America for the Osborne Lights).

Example: We rode Test Track three times in a row at Rope Drop with no wait (even bypassed the pre-show room all three times).

Brazilmom
10-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Sounds good! :thumbsup2 (we'll be there too...)

mommymac
10-21-2010, 09:34 PM
We are going that week as well. Sounds like it is a good time.

rachedo
10-21-2010, 10:31 PM
We will be there that week too! Our first Disney trip, I can not wait!:santa:

suebedo
10-21-2010, 10:36 PM
We were there same time last year and will be going again this year! The crowds are great during the week, The weekends were very busy especially at MK.

exwdwcm
10-21-2010, 10:48 PM
we went the 10-20th last year (10th was a thursday and 20th was a sunday). the first part of the weekend/week was fine- moderate crowds. We got to the parks at opening almost everyday, left by 1-2pm for a break, and back around 4-5. We rode everything we wanted without waiting more than 20 minutes for anything. We hit the biggies early and used FP though.

the crowds started to appear on friday night the 18th and by saturday the 19th, it was a mad house. we could barely walk down main st at the MK that night, it was like wall-to-wall people. crazy. So just be prepared that the latter weekend of your trip will start getting busy probably. although because of how the holidays falls, it could be slightly different this year depending on when schools are out.

but we had a fabulous time and great weather too!

sherbet
10-21-2010, 11:25 PM
We are going 11-19, first time !! Excited to hear about the low crowds. Does anyone know how long the lines are for Fantasmic and Candlelight Processional are? Will we have a long wait if we dont have the package?

Withacy
10-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Last year we were there the 12th-20th. The last couple days it was starting to get crowded (especially Sunday the 20th), but other than that, the crowds were light and it was very nice.

This year we're going to be there 9th-20th. Seven weeks from today - I'm so excited! :santa:

HermanTriplets+1
10-22-2010, 03:26 AM
We had our first trip last year during the same week - it was AMAZING:cool1: The only day we felt a crowd was Sat evening and Sunday afternoon. Sunday morning, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of that week were super! One thing we did to minimize the crowd exposure was to choose parks that did not have EMHs that day. We are not early risers or late night folks so we chose not to use the EMHs ourselves. So we just went to the park without EMH for that day. Also, MK on the morning that there was to be a MVMCP (if those are the initials - the Christmas Party) was extremely pleasant! We just went at rope drop and were ready to leave by the time the party goers were starting to enter. It was a great week all around:love: You'll have a blast!

RMulieri
10-22-2010, 07:53 AM
We went Dec 12-19th last year and it was lower crowds till about the 18th or so..

afwdwfan
10-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Not going this year, but that is one of the weeks we're considering for 2011. I've never been in December, is it usually still warm enough during the afternoon to take a swim or do they close the pools. The normal high temps seem warm enough, but I just wondered if the pools would even be open or warm enough to swim in.

RMulieri
10-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Not going this year, but that is one of the weeks we're considering for 2011. I've never been in December, is it usually still warm enough during the afternoon to take a swim or do they close the pools. The normal high temps seem warm enough, but I just wondered if the pools would even be open or warm enough to swim in.

The pools are heated and open, you will see people in them even when the air is a chilly.Maybe not lots of people but there will be some.Our trip last year we were in the pool a few days at the beginning of the trip( it was 80+ degrees) but towards the end of the trip it was cold and we were in jeans and jackets and we still saw people in the pools

kirrrby
10-22-2010, 08:21 AM
We will be there during the same time! Got the 25/30/40 pin so that's why we're going a week earlier than usual. We've gone at the end of this stretch the past couple of years (arriving on the 16th or so) And the parks are usually minimal crowds, but special events still require you to show up quite early. (Fantasmic, Osborne Lights)

I have never seen the pools closed in December, it's usually pretty warm throughout the whole month. I wouldn't recommend going at night though, once that cold air touches your skin you'll wish you were back in the water.

Withacy
10-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Last year we went to MVMCP on the 13th? I think? It was early in the week. Anyway, I had on a lightweight long sleeved knit shirt - and I was burning up! I swear, it felt like it was still 80+ degrees at 10 PM!

But it definitely turned cooler, and by the end of the week it was too cold to swim (though the pools were open - the pools are always open, it seems - even in January when it was close to freezing).

mrsr2ro
10-22-2010, 10:57 AM
We're there that week too - but just Sunday the 12 to Wed the 15 and I am stressing figuring out which days to do what. Monday and Tuesday are the only full days and I want one to be EP, one MK. We are NOT doing MVMCP (which are on Sunday and Tuesday) so that means our only opportunity to see the evening parade and wishes is on Monday - which is also the evening EMH. That means Epcot on Tuesday but that is it's morning EMH. So essentially we'll be hitting both parks on EMH days.... is that a bad idea? It's just going to be my mom, me, and my two boys (6 & 4) on this trip so I plan to get up early for rope drops and take mid afternoon breaks of needed. Oh and we are not buying hoppers as it adds over $200 and we are there for such a short time I can't see spending the money. Or do you think we should and do Epcot all day Monday, hop over to MK for evening, and then do MK day on Tuesday and hop over to Epcot for evening. UGH DECISIONS DECISIONS!! :confused3

snykymom
10-22-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm going that same week as well - got a great PIN, so I'm going for my birthday! Very excited! And I'm glad to hear that the crowds are still low - there are so many posts saying, "It used to be great, but now it's crowded," so I'm pleased that others think it's still pretty light.

RachaelA
10-22-2010, 11:10 AM
We're going the 10th-15th. We went this past May and in June 2009 so it can't be any worse than June!

We do rope drop everyday and utilize fastpasses so I'm thinking we'll be fine.

Mississippianna
10-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Sorry I can't help, but I'm very interested in knowing this too. We'll be there 12/12 - 12/16.

Me too!

I've been a little worried since they announced free dining including that week, but the numbers on touringplans.com still look great so I think it's going to be a good week! I chose that week b/c it's between Pop Warner and before most schools are out for the holidays.

DisneyMom
10-22-2010, 11:37 AM
We'll be there that week also! DS#1 and DIL 12/11 - 12/18 and DD, DGS and me 12/13 - 12/18!! That's my absolute favorite time of the year to go - crowds are smaller than closer to the holidays, the decorations, shows, music, etc. are holiday themed and so much fun! Not long now!

homeschoolmomof4
10-22-2010, 12:55 PM
We were there during that timeframe last year and loved it so much that we're going back again this year and taking my parents along as well. :santa: The crowds were low and the weather was great up until Thursday afternoon when it rained. On Thursday morning, we went on EE 5 times in a row with absolutely no wait. Earlier in the week, my son and I rode Splash Mountain 2X without having to get off. It was an awesome week!! I'm praying for great weather again this year.

lvdis
10-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Any thoughts on if a morning EMH day at Epcot and a day at HS when Fantasmic! is scheduled should be avoided during this week? I just not sure if that still applies when the crowd predictions are for lower crowds.

mom2rtk
10-22-2010, 03:38 PM
I still think DHS will be very busy on a F! day. We're doing a non-F day on the 12th, but it's a PM EMH, so I don't know if it will be much better. Then we're taking a slower day on Wed the 15th (after being up late for MVMCP Tuesday) and just going to DHS for the Fantasmic Dinner package at 4 and F! at 6:30.

But I DO think DHS continues to be very busy on F! days, even in slow seasons. I really wish they'd go back to doing it more often during the week.

homeschoolmomof4
10-22-2010, 03:40 PM
double post! Sowwy!

homeschoolmomof4
10-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Any thoughts on if a morning EMH day at Epcot and a day at HS when Fantasmic! is scheduled should be avoided during this week? I just not sure if that still applies when the crowd predictions are for lower crowds.

Personally, I'm still avoiding them. However, my youngest has ADHD so I'll do anything to avoid a line!

AWish
10-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks. Will be there from Dec 10th- 16th as well.

ilovejsparrow
10-22-2010, 05:10 PM
I'll be there that week too! Went the same time last year and the crowd levels were SO low, it was awesome! It's a Free Dining time though, so it could change!

mousiemom
10-22-2010, 05:25 PM
we will be there 12/11-17! i have a very good feeling about this week dissers! we went the 1st week in dec. the last 2 yrs and the crowds were very low. we had some friends go like 12/15-23 last yr and said it was crazy the end of the week so i think we will miss all the heavy crowds. can't wait, not too much longer now.

tinkbyday
10-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Those were our exact dates last year :-( Sooooo wish we could be going again this year!

Anyway - if it is anything like last year - you will have a fantastic time! We experienced very low crowds, rode everything we wanted multiple times - had front row seats to the CP - it was by far our best trip to WDW!

Have a wonderful time!

larryz
10-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Can anyone give me their experience of crowds for the week of December 12-18th. I am trying to map out my trip. So much to do it a short period of time.

It's going to be horribly crowded, and if I were you, I'd change to the week prior to that (oh, and if you'll be changing any ADRs at LeCellier, please PM me...) ;)

DisneyBill85
10-22-2010, 11:54 PM
It's going to be horribly crowded, and if I were you, I'd change to the week prior to that (oh, and if you'll be changing any ADRs at LeCellier, please PM me...) ;)

Agreed on that! We're there during that time frame. Not thinking that it was supposed to be all that busy, I put off doing the LeCellier reservations until about 70 days out. Completely booked up for every day / hour that we are there. I would have changed my plans and done ANYTHING to get in being as this was the first place we ate on our honeymoon 5 years ago. I had no idea it had become the juggernaut of a place it is. 5 years ago, we walked in with no reservation and no line!

EMom
10-23-2010, 03:01 AM
We went Dec. 12 to 22 last year. From Dec. 12-18, it was heaven on earth. There were mornings when, if we had taken a picture, we'd have been the only people in sight. :banana: On Sat. the 19th, all hell broke loose. :eek: Magic Kingdom on the 19th was wall to wall people and we were moved along against our will. Godawful. The next two days were at other parks and pretty horribly crowded, but nothing beat the 19th at MK. Really, it was like 2 different trips. One, up until the Saturday before Christmas.....and two, everything from that Saturday onward. Both ends of the spectrum as far as crowd conditions go.

As far as the weather, for at least the first half, we were in shorts and short sleeved tops. We could have gone to the pool if we'd have wanted. For the last half or so, it turned colder and we had to wear jeans and long sleeved tops. We'd take jackets or hoodies for the morning and evening, but tie them around our waists during the day. No way I'd have gone to the pool, but some people did. They reminded me of those snow monkeys. :rotfl: We only had a brief shower once, but it was over quickly.

We're going back this year from the 10th to the 21st.

we went the 10-20th last year (10th was a thursday and 20th was a sunday). the first part of the weekend/week was fine- moderate crowds. We got to the parks at opening almost everyday, left by 1-2pm for a break, and back around 4-5. We rode everything we wanted without waiting more than 20 minutes for anything. We hit the biggies early and used FP though.

the crowds started to appear on friday night the 18th and by saturday the 19th, it was a mad house. we could barely walk down main st at the MK that night, it was like wall-to-wall people. crazy. So just be prepared that the latter weekend of your trip will start getting busy probably. although because of how the holidays falls, it could be slightly different this year depending on when schools are out.

but we had a fabulous time and great weather too!

carrie6466
10-23-2010, 09:12 AM
We're going to be there from 12/12 - 12/18, as well. DD and I went for 5 days at the beginning of Dec. last year. It was very rainy, cold and MK was crowded the first few days because of parade tapings that got postponed and rescheduled, etc. I'm hoping this year will be better weather and less crowded. Plus DH can go this year and he's never been for the holidays, so that should make it more fun. :)

Littlestar2001
10-23-2010, 12:33 PM
We will be there 12/12-12/19!Second visit,first visit during the holidays!I can not wait!!!I am assuming that the crowds will pick on up Saturday the 18th and that Magic Kingdom will be very crowded!!

916chipndale
10-23-2010, 03:05 PM
TP has those days rated as a 1,3,1,5,1,4,5. we are going during the same time. i have no idea why the middle of the week has a 5 :confused3 but still those are pretty good numbers, considering weve only been in the summer!

NC State
10-23-2010, 06:08 PM
We're looking forward to looking this year during 12/11-17. It's our first Christmas trip so I'm at odds on what to wear. Thanks for the information.

AquaDame
10-23-2010, 07:11 PM
We are going on these dates too (11th-16th) so hopefully the crowd numbers are accurate! It will be my last trip with my "family" (parents) and likely last one I will take without my "family" - I'm getting married soon after and refuse to go on such an awesome trip again without my [then] husband!:cloud9:

maryj11
10-23-2010, 08:36 PM
We're there that week too - but just Sunday the 12 to Wed the 15 and I am stressing figuring out which days to do what. Monday and Tuesday are the only full days and I want one to be EP, one MK. We are NOT doing MVMCP (which are on Sunday and Tuesday) so that means our only opportunity to see the evening parade and wishes is on Monday - which is also the evening EMH. That means Epcot on Tuesday but that is it's morning EMH. So essentially we'll be hitting both parks on EMH days.... is that a bad idea? It's just going to be my mom, me, and my two boys (6 & 4) on this trip so I plan to get up early for rope drops and take mid afternoon breaks of needed. Oh and we are not buying hoppers as it adds over $200 and we are there for such a short time I can't see spending the money. Or do you think we should and do Epcot all day Monday, hop over to MK for evening, and then do MK day on Tuesday and hop over to Epcot for evening. UGH DECISIONS DECISIONS!! :confused3

Im going those same days :yay: Here is my plan..we arrive on Sunday afternoon and we bought MVMCP tickets for that night no base ticket, we are only using the party tickets for Sunday . We only got a 2 day base ticket on our MYW package. Monday we are going to Epcot because it is listed as a best day on touring plans. Im thinking of buying hoppers to hop over to EMH at MK if we dont get everything done we want during the MVMCP. Tuesday we are going to HS it is listed as a best day on touring plans. There is only 3 of us so hoppers would be 162.00 . Im still not sure if Im getting hoppers, Im waitng til I get there and see how much we get done on Sunday at the party. I dont know if I want to spend the extra money on hoppers for EMH at MK:confused3. Then again on Tuesday we could go to MK then hop to HS in the evening. I dont know:headache: it is hard to figure out what to do when you only have a few days.
I know that on Tuesday at MK during the day it should be low crowds because I have read that no one goes then because they will have to leave by 7:00 because of the MVMCP and that crowds dont start coming in til after 4. If you figure out a good plan let me know:rotfl:

joybeth
10-23-2010, 08:41 PM
This is our third year going that week (however, we get out of town after Wednesday.) We will be there Dec 11 - 15 at CBR. It is wonderfully slow compared to other times I have visited. I remember last year not even using our fast passes we collected earlier in the day, because when we returned most of the rides were walk-on. You'll have a great time. See you there!

jb

maryj11
10-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Last year we went to MVMCP on the 13th? I think? It was early in the week. Anyway, I had on a lightweight long sleeved knit shirt - and I was burning up! I swear, it felt like it was still 80+ degrees at 10 PM!

But it definitely turned cooler, and by the end of the week it was too cold to swim (though the pools were open - the pools are always open, it seems - even in January when it was close to freezing).

The 13th I believe would of been a Sunday. Was the MVMCP over crowded when you went?

kirrrby
10-23-2010, 09:25 PM
This is starting to scare me realizing how many people will be here due to the Pin and Free Dining. But we're those crazy folks who go during the Christmas week, so maybe it'll be similar. Last year they didn't have free dining and that pin.

maryj11
10-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Yes Im worried about it being more crowded because of the free dining. I have been trying to make dining reservations, I know you are suppose to make them 180 days ahead but I wasnt sure if we would get to go. So here Iam trying to make reservations and there are not many to choose from. Which worries me with few choices on reservation it makes me wonder if it is going to be crowded ! :scared1: I kind of have a bad feeling about the crowds because we were there in Sept. and I would say it was average crowds and I didnt have any trouble making reservation.:confused3

hscoolfun
10-23-2010, 10:05 PM
We will be there the 12 - 18th as well. That was the week we went in 2006 and we had such an amazing trip we had to do it again - - with or without free dining! LOL! I hope to have the same kind of trip.

We were given fastpasses for HS one day, but the crowds were so light none of the rides accepted them - no need. They went in the scrapbook!

The weather was mild, but not warm enough to swim, actually it was perfect park weather!

Hope we all have a wonderful December 2010 trip!!

RMulieri
10-24-2010, 08:54 AM
The 13th I believe would of been a Sunday. Was the MVMCP over crowded when you went?

Not the op, but that WHOLE last WEEK of parties last year were SOLD OUT..Some sold out the day of, the last party sold out sooner..I was there on Dec 13th and didn't stay for the party but it was HOT and humid that day and when we left at 7pm , Main St was gridlocked and impossible to navigate to get out of the park.The lines of party guests pouring in at 7pm were crazy

homeschoolmomof4
10-24-2010, 05:32 PM

I was there the 13th and it was packed!! :scared1: Despite the crowds, we had a blast and we're planning to do the 12th this year. :santa:

maryj11
10-24-2010, 11:02 PM
We will be there the 12th lol. Im not looking forward to it being packed:scared1: I hate crowds but I have the tickets already ! This will be my first time so Im going to brave it :rotfl: :cool1:

homeschoolmomof4
10-25-2010, 05:43 AM
We will be there the 12th lol. Im not looking forward to it being packed:scared1: I hate crowds but I have the tickets already ! This will be my first time so Im going to brave it :rotfl: :cool1:

I'm crossing my fingers that since there aren't any discount tickets for this evening, that the crowds *might* avoid this night. I'm pretty sure it's wishful thinking on my part, but I'm trying to think positive! :goodvibes

lvdis
11-02-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm getting so excited for this trip! Hopefully it will be a great week for low crowds and mild weather!

homeschoolmomof4
11-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm getting so excited for this trip! Hopefully it will be a great week for low crowds and mild weather!

Right there with you! My kids informed me this morning that we were under 40 days. Needless to say, I was doing the happy dance! :banana::banana:

maryj11
11-02-2010, 09:49 PM
I know Im getting excited about getting ready to go lol especially after looking at the offical Disney web site! They now have the Christmas scene on the home page:woohoo:

veddermax
11-03-2010, 09:53 AM
We were there 12/12-12/18 in '09.

Worst crowds we encountered were at MK on 12/12. We arrived at 2 pm, so expected it to be crowded. Got FP for WP and PP at 2:30 and the return time for WP was 4:40 and PP was 6:20. 3 pm parade was crowded the further you went down Main St. Difficult to walk through the crowd with a stroller from Castle to Main St around 7 pm that night when we left (Spectro wasn't scheduled till 9 or 10 pm suggesting it was going to get worse as the night progressed).

2 other days we did MK from rope drop to noonish on MVMCP days. Able to ride things and meet characters with minimal (10 minutes or less) waits.

More or less followed TP's recommendations of best parks to visit and never stood in any long lines (20 minutes or less, mostly 10 minutes or less). Utilizing FP's and single rider lines probably helped. Parks were definitely not empty, but there was always plenty of space to walk or stand with a stroller, including Osborne Lights. My daughter danced and danced in the street for a good hour.

We saw and rode everything we wanted.

Our family will likely come back during this time of year in the future.

ktlm
11-03-2010, 10:33 AM
We were there that week in 2008, and then last year we went the first week of December. Both were fairly low crowds, but the crowds were definitely lower the week you are going. That would be my preferred December week! The only crowded thing we hit in 2008 was MVMCP. It was a sold out night, and it was crazy crowded. Other than that, everying except your typicals like TSM, Soarin etc., had very low waits.

VIVIAN1113
11-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Going Dec. 13-15. A quick trip :santa: and super excited! :yay: Glad to hear of the low crowds!!!!!!

patman2011
11-28-2010, 10:12 PM
we are going dec11-18 , it is the first trip for my MIL and we are all excited for the weather and crowd reports. i am getting to the point now that i am re checking my ticker for run!!!:lmao:looking forward to seeing you all there!!

KYCruiseCrazy
11-28-2010, 10:21 PM
This just added on Friday to the Orlando area::wizard:

Discovery Powered Down, Analysis Continue
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:47:44 AM EST

At NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, space shuttle Discovery is powered down for the weekend while analysis continue. Discovery's launch is currently targeted for no earlier than Dec. 17, after shuttle managers determined more tests and analysis are needed.

The Program Requirements Control Board reviewed on Wednesday repairs and engineering evaluations associated with cracks on two 21-foot-long, U-shaped aluminum brackets, called stringers, on the shuttle's external tank. Managers decided the analysis and tests required to launch Discovery safely are not complete. The work will continue through next week.

The next status review by the PRCB will be Thursday, Dec. 2. If managers clear Discovery for launch on Dec. 17, the preferred time is about 8:51 p.m. EST.

It will be the last launch of the space shuttle Discovery. :hippie: I hope on Dec 2 they give the green light for liftoff and there is great weather.:yay:

maryj11
11-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Wonder which MVMCP will be most crowded the 12th or the 14th ?:santa:

sray563
11-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Wonder which MVMCP will be most crowded the 12th or the 14th ?:santa:

I think they will both be sold out. So equally crowded.

disneyfreak42
11-28-2010, 11:39 PM
OMG!!! Keep us informed KYCruiseCrazy! I have always wanted to watch a shuttle launch but conflicts made that impossible. We will be at Epcot watching the CP! What a treat to see that launch!!! And then Illuminations!! Truly a Christmas to remember!!!

Amber74
11-28-2010, 11:54 PM
I am going those exact dates too! :banana:
I'm thinking of doing the party on the 14th. I want to do the EEMH at DHS for the dj dance party on the 12th and I think the other parties might be more crowded. It is so late not to have a full plan but I think we are doing:

Sun-DHS at around 4pm EEMH
Mon-MK
Tues-DHS in morning until after parade then MK for party
Wed-Epcot whenever we get up
Thurs-Epcot or AK
Fri-Epcot or AK

How does this match up to you guys? Does everything besides Sun sound good?

Amber74
11-28-2010, 11:56 PM
I would also be very excited about that launch because I have two young boys that would be :eek: about it.

homeschoolmomof4
11-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Remind me NOT to look at the that bloody accuweather website!! I know darned well that at 12 days out from the trip their predictions cannot be accurate. Why oh why do I torture myself this way??? :headache: :sad2:

RMulieri
11-29-2010, 07:51 AM
If you are planning to do any of the MVMCP that week.Get your tickets asap..That WHOLE week last year sold out.Some not until the morning of, but you can not predict when they will.

KYCruiseCrazy
11-29-2010, 08:10 AM
OMG!!! Keep us informed KYCruiseCrazy! I have always wanted to watch a shuttle launch but conflicts made that impossible. We will be at Epcot watching the CP! What a treat to see that launch!!! And then Illuminations!! Truly a Christmas to remember!!!

We had planned the last 2 days of our kids only vacation. DW and I have plan A "no launch". And there is plan B to watch the launch. Just keep you fingers crossed for the Dec 3rd at the Kennedy Space Center. Just look at the website on Dec 3rd.

Remind me NOT to look at the that bloody accuweather website!! I know darned well that at 12 days out from the trip their predictions cannot be accurate. Why oh why do I torture myself this way??? :headache: :sad2:

Don't get upset at the weather. Just keep an eye on what your weather is going to be like and look at the weather at WDW and just look at the temps. Some of the rain tends to fall at night. Don't worry, Be happy. Your going to WDW. Beats the daily grind of work and traffic.

lovethattink
11-29-2010, 08:23 AM
We need rain desparately here in central Florida! But after seeing how low the crowd levels are going to be, we decided to book a Disney vacation too, Dec 12 to 15. The weather has been perfect. So comfortable. Last night I went to Epcot and it was empty! It was 80 degrees when we left our house. And it went down in the 60's last night, while we were at Epcot. I wore a 3/4 length shirt to go, and was hot when we left house, and just comfortable walking around in the evening. Brought a sweater but didn't need it. Saturday was cooler, it rained a bit in the early morning, then stopped, and was overcast, but was a perfect outdoor day, but I needed a sweater in the evening. Hopefully, the crowds will remain like last night (non-existent, tt was a 20 min wait and Soarin' 32 min) and the weather will remain comfortable!

jlm
11-29-2010, 09:43 AM

I TOTALLY agree with you!! I just looked at accuweather saying 62 rain/windy for Dec 8th.....another site said 76 & sunny!! Go figure! :rotfl:

homeschoolmomof4
11-29-2010, 11:03 AM
I TOTALLY agree with you!! I just looked at accuweather saying 62 rain/windy for Dec 8th.....another site said 76 & sunny!! Go figure! :rotfl:

In my heart of hearts I know it's absolutely ridiculous to look at these weather sites too far out, but I just can't stop myself! Glad to know I'm not alone! :goodvibes:santa:

lovethattink
12-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Did my online check in yesterday! While it's freezing cold this morning, looks like it should be warming up til we all check in! I feel for those standing for parade taping. It's cold this morning!

mollybeasley
12-03-2010, 12:40 PM
We are going 11-19, first time !! Excited to hear about the low crowds. Does anyone know how long the lines are for Fantasmic and Candlelight Processional are? Will we have a long wait if we dont have the package?

They added extra Fantasmic shows, so that will help a lot. The lines for the second show (830) are always shorter, but unlike the 6pm show, you can't enter early, so it looks worse. In both cases I'm going to try to go early in the week. That way I have another chance if needed.

twitch
12-03-2010, 12:41 PM
They added extra Fantasmic shows, so that will help a lot. The lines for the second show (830) are always shorter, but unlike the 6pm show, you can't enter early, so it looks worse. In both cases I'm going to try to go early in the week. That way I have another chance if needed.

I think the shows are 6:30 and 8. (Not 6 and 8:30)

sherbet
12-03-2010, 01:44 PM
They added fantasmic shows?? ohhh great. Im off to check Thanks!!

kirrrby
12-03-2010, 02:18 PM
We had planned the last 2 days of our kids only vacation. DW and I have plan A "no launch". And there is plan B to watch the launch. Just keep you fingers crossed for the Dec 3rd at the Kennedy Space Center. Just look at the website on Dec 3rd.

No launch for December, Postponed to February 3rd.

KYCruiseCrazy
12-03-2010, 02:20 PM
No launch for December, Postponed to February 3rd.

Darn:headache: How well, now I have some extra spending money LOL:lmao:

WUVmyDISNEY
12-03-2010, 05:06 PM
I am going those exact dates too! :banana:
I'm thinking of doing the party on the 14th. I want to do the EEMH at DHS for the dj dance party on the 12th and I think the other parties might be more crowded. It is so late not to have a full plan but I think we are doing:

Sun-DHS at around 4pm EEMH
Mon-MK
Tues-DHS in morning until after parade then MK for party
Wed-Epcot whenever we get up
Thurs-Epcot or AK
Fri-Epcot or AK

How does this match up to you guys? Does everything besides Sun sound good?

We are doing a similar plan. Arriving on the 12th and we are just doing MK until party time. We are staying at CR when we arrive so I plan on doing the monorail resort sightseeing and prob watching fireworks from CR.
Mon - MK
Tues - DHS
Wed - Epcot
Thurs - AK morning and Sea World for the evening
Fri - Epcot
Sat - MK
Sun - Epcot am and DTD that night. We may switch DTD and Sea World around though.

So your plan sounds great to me!

Amber74
12-03-2010, 06:40 PM
We are doing a similar plan. Arriving on the 12th and we are just doing MK until party time. We are staying at CR when we arrive so I plan on doing the monorail resort sightseeing and prob watching fireworks from CR.
Mon - MK
Tues - DHS
Wed - Epcot
Thurs - AK morning and Sea World for the evening
Fri - Epcot
Sat - MK
Sun - Epcot am and DTD that night. We may switch DTD and Sea World around though.

So your plan sounds great to me!

Wow we do have similar plans!
If you have boys maybe we will see you in line for Star Wars Jedi training on Tues morning?! Let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather.:banana::banana:

OakvilleMom
12-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Good to know that the crowds aren't too bad! We are going Dec 9-15. Woohoo!

sray563
12-03-2010, 11:46 PM
My DH and I will be enjoying a romantic trip sans our 1 year old. We've decided to follow this schedule.

Sunday Dec 12 - DHS
Monday Dec 13 - AK and EMH at MK
Tuesday Dec 14 - MK and MVMCP
Wednesday Dec 15 - EPCOT
Thursday Dec 16 - DHS
Friday Dec 17 - EPCOT
Saturday Dec 18 - departure day

I'm looking forward to touring without much of a plan. :cool1: We have our ADR's and park days. Other than that, we'll just do what we please. Only one week away! :banana:

LaurinG
12-04-2010, 12:53 AM
These are my dates too, kinda.

Our plan is

Sat. 11 - DTD
Sun. 12 - AK
Mon. 13 - Epcot
Tues. 14 - DHS/MVMCP
Wed. 15 - MK
Thurs. 16 - IOA
Fri. 17 - DHS

And my weather website stalking (weatherchannel, intellicast, wunderground, accuweather) is truly pathetic...but what to pack, uggs or fitflops...or both?

lovethattink
12-04-2010, 07:23 AM
And my weather website stalking (weatherchannel, intellicast, wunderground, accuweather) is truly pathetic...but what to pack, uggs or fitflops...or both?

Both!! Lol. I'm sure hoping for a good warm up that week, and low winds!

Dh and ds are going over to Eastlake Fish Camp one of the days, to check out the fishing there. They said they don't rent out boats if the wind is faster than 10 mph. Suppose to be some great bass fishing over there!

We don't have many plans. Just 2 ADRs and winging the rest.

Sun - Le chefs de France, dh off work
Mon- no plans, dh has to drive and back forth to work
Tues - Fish Camp for dh and older ds, Grand Floridian Cafe for me and younger ds, dh off from work.
Wed- no plans, dh has to go to work.

Mickeyfan333
12-04-2010, 07:38 AM

I am going with my mom and two boys, too! We will be there 12/11-12/17. When crowds are low, I never worry about EMH hours affecting park touring. Do what fits your schedule best, I think you will be fine to do Epcot on an EMH am!

Mickeyfan333
12-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Yes Im worried about it being more crowded because of the free dining. I have been trying to make dining reservations, I know you are suppose to make them 180 days ahead but I wasnt sure if we would get to go. So here Iam trying to make reservations and there are not many to choose from. Which worries me with few choices on reservation it makes me wonder if it is going to be crowded ! :scared1: I kind of have a bad feeling about the crowds because we were there in Sept. and I would say it was average crowds and I didnt have any trouble making reservation.:confused3

I don't think free dining increases crowds, it just increases the number of people making TS reservations. People who don't normally do TS meals are more apt to for free!

RMulieri
12-04-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't think free dining increases crowds, it just increases the number of people making TS reservations. People who don't normally do TS meals are more apt to for free!

It definitely backs up adrs and packs the restaurants.We went during free dining in Sept 09 and it was not as bad as free dining in Dec 09..I think it was b/c most of our meals were at Epcot in December and in addition to all the Free Dining traffic at the restaurants there was Candlelight processional dining pkgs to deal with..We waited a long time past our adr times , and our meals were first dinner slots.

maryj11
12-05-2010, 10:40 PM

I just found this local weather site for central Flordia wftv.com. I think they would be more accurate.

homeschoolmomof4
12-06-2010, 05:45 AM
I just found this local weather site for central Flordia wftv.com. I think they would be more accurate.

I have a weather obsession!! I swear I'm looking at 5 websites for the Orlando forecast every morning and every one of them says something different! :lmao:

carrie6466
12-06-2010, 06:54 AM
I see a lot of similar plans to ours for the week:

Arrive Sun: dinner at Poly and then DHS for a bit
Mon: MK
Tues: DHS
Wed: Epcot
THurs: MK
Fri; Epcot
Sat: MK, home Sat night

I'm a little disappointed in the weather forecast, even though I know it's a little far out yet. I was looking forward to warmer nights LOL

maryj11
12-06-2010, 08:00 PM
I have a weather obsession!! I swear I'm looking at 5 websites for the Orlando forecast every morning and every one of them says something different! :lmao:

I know what you mean its frustrating lol. The local site is showing no rain on Sun the 12th and accuweather says some scattered thunderstorms and the weather.com says 60% rain during the day and 40% rain at night.:headache:

ktaggie
12-06-2010, 08:15 PM
We arrive late Saturday night and will start the parks on Sunday.

Sunday (12): Magic Kingdom AM/Epcot in the afternoon 8:15 Garden Grill
Monday (13): Epcot in the AM/Magic Kingdom in the PM
Tuesday (14): Animal Kingdom 7:45 1900 Park Fare Dinner
Wednesday (15): Magic Kingdom 10:20 Crystal Palace Breakfast
Thursday: (16): Studios 10:00 Hollywood and Vine Breakfast
Friday (17): Animal Kingdom AM/Float PM 9:45 Tusker Houst Breakfast
Saturday: Breakfast at Ohana then home

Traveling with DH and my two boys.

Hoping for Norway Princess Dinner/LUnch/Breakfast for either Sunday or Monday but still working on that. We don't love Garden Grill but it will do if we don't find something else.

Anything you would change???

DisneyNDecember
12-06-2010, 08:32 PM
We arrive late Saturday night and will start the parks on Sunday.

Sunday (12): Magic Kingdom AM/Epcot in the afternoon 8:15 Garden Grill
Monday (13): Epcot in the AM/Magic Kingdom in the PM
Tuesday (14): Animal Kingdom 7:45 1900 Park Fare Dinner
Wednesday (15): Magic Kingdom 10:20 Crystal Palace Breakfast
Thursday: (16): Studios 10:00 Hollywood and Vine Breakfast
Friday (17): Animal Kingdom AM/Float PM 9:45 Tusker Houst Breakfast
Saturday: Breakfast at Ohana then home

Traveling with DH and my two boys.

Hoping for Norway Princess Dinner/LUnch/Breakfast for either Sunday or Monday but still working on that. We don't love Garden Grill but it will do if we don't find something else.

Anything you would change???

I would rethink the Monday Magic Kingdom 12/13 idea. We tried that last year & there were WAY too many people on this night due to MK has the Electric Parade at 7 & Wishes 8 & evening EMH- it will draw guests to that park & LOTS of them !!! But then again, it is open until 1 AM, so if you can stay up that late, the park may start thinning out. :santa::santa::santa:

We will be there 12/09 thru 12/17--- :banana:

:santa::santa::santa:

sray563
12-06-2010, 10:45 PM
We have reservations for Dessert Wishes on Monday Dec 13, so we'll be park hop over to MK for that. We'll prob stay depending on crowds, but I don't know if we can make it until 1am.

The only time I've been to MK evening EMH was in 2001 during Thanksgiving break. The crowds were so light, it was like we had the whole park to ourselves. In fact, the whole week we encountered very little crowds. :cool1: I think the fact that 9/11 was recent, and that there were hardly any discounts kept the crowds out of WDW that fall/winter.

Judging by these recent trip reports, I'm a little worried about larger crowds. However, the past two trips I've been to WDW have been during Spring Break. Last year I went during a week that TP has listed as 10s the entire week. :scared1: So I guess it can't be worse than that.

5 more days!

homeschoolmomof4
12-07-2010, 06:50 AM
I know what you mean its frustrating lol. The local site is showing no rain on Sun the 12th and accuweather says some scattered thunderstorms and the weather.com says 60% rain during the day and 40% rain at night.:headache:

I keep looking at Sunday too because we want to do the MVMCP that night. I haven't bought my tickets yet because I hate to spend that much money to stand in the rain. So I just keep studying these darned weather reports hoping and praying I don't wait too long to purchase the tickets.

lovethattink
12-07-2010, 08:06 AM
I keep looking at Sunday too because we want to do the MVMCP that night. I haven't bought my tickets yet because I hate to spend that much money to stand in the rain. So I just keep studying these darned weather reports hoping and praying I don't wait too long to purchase the tickets.

This morning it is showing 30% rain, so that is better than what it showed last night! http://www.wftv.com/5dayforecast/index.html or http://www.wesh.com/weather/grid.html#HEARSTWX=http%3A//www.wesh.com/weather/16656637/media.html%3Fqs%3D%3Bref%3D/weather/18496077/media.html%3Blongname%3D7%2520Day

I am hoping to see warmer temps!

If it's any consolation to you, we went to MK last Tuesday and the park was EMPTY. As we were leaving there was a sign for everyone to see that they were selling tickets for MVMCP that night. Sunday and Tues are suppose to be low crowd levels so hopefully you won't have any problems.

Here's hoping for dryer and warmer temps!

mrsr2ro
12-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I love this post - so many of us in the same boat :goodvibes

OK - so after MANY changes, I think this is our plan:

Sunday - We arrive around noon, then ME to BLT. I think we will just head over to MK even though we are not doing MVMCP that night. We'll all be tired anyway so I think if we're in MK from 3ish to 7 that will be a nice start to the trip. Plan is to watch the MVMCP Wishes at 9:30 from our room. :cool1:

Monday - RP at Epcot to hit up all the future world rides. Then when we're done head over to MK for the afternoon to see the 3pm parade. Do some MK attractions through the evening. If we can see the MEP that would make me happy but if it is crazy crowded we'll just keep doing rides. Then wishes near tomorrowland so we can see tink (my 4yo reminded me how much he enjoyed this last year - really stuck in his memory). Then all head back to BLT. If I still have the energy I will head back and tour MK solo as late as I can :laughing: Or maybe I'll be the first one asleep in the room :rotfl:

Tuesday - RP MK to hit up most of the FL rides in hopes of low crowds since it's the morning after EMH and a MVMCP is that night. At some point, we'll have to head over to EP because we have 4pm dinner at GG w/ candlelight package. I'm hoping we'll get to squeeze in a few FW rides before dinner and in between dinner / CP / Illum. If the kids are too tired for Illum we'll just head back and watch 9:30 wishes from BLT.

Wednesday - RP MK again to finish up any last minute attractions / shopping. We have 1pm lunch at CP, then I think we need to be back at BLT for ME around 3:30. Hope that is enough time for CP lunch.

I've come the decision that we will skip AK and HS this trip -- we did them both last year so it's not that big of deal. There are so many rides we missed at EP and MK last year that the point of this trip was to make that up. There is still a smidgen of me that wants to try HS RP on Tuesday morning to do TSM (missed last year) but every time I read the stories of the stampeded I change my mind :scared1::eek:. I just don't think it's worth it. :sad2:

maryj11
12-07-2010, 07:12 PM
This morning it is showing 30% rain, so that is better than what it showed last night! http://www.wftv.com/5dayforecast/index.html or http://www.wesh.com/weather/grid.html#HEARSTWX=http%3A//www.wesh.com/weather/16656637/media.html%3Fqs%3D%3Bref%3D/weather/18496077/media.html%3Blongname%3D7%2520Day

I am hoping to see warmer temps!

If it's any consolation to you, we went to MK last Tuesday and the park was EMPTY. As we were leaving there was a sign for everyone to see that they were selling tickets for MVMCP that night. Sunday and Tues are suppose to be low crowd levels so hopefully you won't have any problems.

Here's hoping for dryer and warmer temps!

Oh that would be great low crowds and only 30% rain :yay: we are going to the MVMCP Sunday too :santa:

kwdw
12-07-2010, 08:00 PM
I would rethink the Monday Magic Kingdom 12/13 idea. We tried that last year & there were WAY too many people on this night due to MK has the Electric Parade at 7 & Wishes 8 & evening EMH- it will draw guests to that park & LOTS of them !!! But then again, it is open until 1 AM, so if you can stay up that late, the park may start thinning out. :santa::santa::santa:

We will be there 12/09 thru 12/17--- :banana:

:santa::santa::santa:

Okay - so any tips for managing that night? I want to see the Electric Parade, and have an ADR at the Plaza at 7:35. Anyone know how long (timewise) the parade is? Where does it start/end? I'm okay missing Wishes to eat, but I had forgot about the parade.... I'm there Dec 13-16 as a solo trip and since it's a short trip - I was going to try to take advantage of the park being open late, but I wasn't thinking about the crowd factor. I'm hoping the predicted cold, windy evening will scare people off!

lovethattink
12-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Electric parade at 7, wishes at 8, according to touringplans.

lovethattink
12-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I have to stop looking at the weather. It's getting depressing. Just listened to Bay News 9 and they said the high Sunday of 70 will come very early on, then rain, then cold front and dry by afternoon sometime. Too bad Disney doesn't have an indoor pool somewhere, lol. So for those thinking of the Christmas party on Sunday night, bundle up and it should be dry, if Bay News 9 is right!

Our heater is broken at home, so I am going to enjoy a nice toasty resort room!

I need to change our "little bit of plans" we had made. DH says it's way too cold for the bass to bite Tues morning. Need to cancel our Sunday ADR, because we are meeting up with friends instead. I guess this is now turning into a winging it vacation. Oh well, any day at Disney is better than any day at home!

JoeyAnyc
12-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Just a heads up. I'm not able to gauge crowd level by the scale sites use, but what I can say is that I've been coming to Disney the first week of Dec since 2004, and this was the busiest I've ever seen the parks this time of year, even with how cold it was. :guilty:

homeschoolmomof4
12-10-2010, 05:58 AM
I have to stop looking at the weather. It's getting depressing. Just listened to Bay News 9 and they said the high Sunday of 70 will come very early on, then rain, then cold front and dry by afternoon sometime. Too bad Disney doesn't have an indoor pool somewhere, lol. So for those thinking of the Christmas party on Sunday night, bundle up and it should be dry, if Bay News 9 is right!

Our heater is broken at home, so I am going to enjoy a nice toasty resort room!

I need to change our "little bit of plans" we had made. DH says it's way too cold for the bass to bite Tues morning. Need to cancel our Sunday ADR, because we are meeting up with friends instead. I guess this is now turning into a winging it vacation. Oh well, any day at Disney is better than any day at home!

I'm hoping that the rain Sunday afternoon might frighten people off of MVMCP on Sunday night!:thumbsup2 Ooh! Let's look at the good news, at least the rest of the week looks dry now. :cool1:

We leave tomorrow morning!! :yay::yay:I hope everyone has a wonderful time this week filled with pixie dust and wonderful new memories. Safe travels everyone!! :santa:

lovethattink
12-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Just checked out crowd levels again and they have increased since I first looked? Not by much though.

mantra
12-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Will be there from 12/14-12/18 .. first time taking my son.
Have ideas of how to approach the parks, but will need a more concrete plan. Will only be doing the 4 Disney Parks.