PDA

View Full Version : Does DCL do anything special July 4th?

DVC Mary
10-20-2010, 10:51 PM
I noticed that my 6/30/12 Fantasy cruise will be in St. Thomas on the 4th of July. Does anyone know what to expect? Does DCL do anything?

Thanks!

Sccrmnky2005
10-21-2010, 08:20 AM
anyone??? :confused3

MarkRG
10-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Never been on one over the 4th. But I wouldn't expect much more in the way of fireworks, they have very specific limits in the permissions they have to be the *only* cruise line on the water to be able to do so.

jilljill
10-21-2010, 08:30 AM
One suggestion is to look thru the trip reports and see what others have said about cruising on July 4th.

Love2Cruise
10-21-2010, 08:57 AM
We cruised july 4th on the Wonder this year. Fireworks were on that night and they were a little more extravagant than I had remembered from previous cruises. They did have a special "All American Menu" that night in addition to the regular menu. We were told to keep the menu as a souvenier and it was quite nice with pictures of mickey etc. dressed in his red, white and blue.
There was also a special show on deck that day, with characters and songs and streamers I think. It was fun and the cast members all made it special by wishing us a happy fourth all day long. The ship was also decorated that day with flags and red, white blue decorations. There was also a balloon drop in the atrium.