PDA

View Full Version : Am I going crazy???

hart6066
10-20-2010, 08:10 PM
I checked rates for April 19, 2012 3 night sail this morning. Emailed rates to my husband. I JUST checked them again, and they have ALL gone UP!!! Is that possible?? I have the right number of people, the right sail dates--I'm almost positive I didn't get the numbers wrong this morning. What is going on??? THese are also for the EXACT same rooms--not that some categories have gone up. Is that possible???

DW2010
10-20-2010, 08:15 PM
From what I hear, yes! With Disney, the more booked the ship is, the higher the rates are likely to be.

CADisneyMom
10-20-2010, 08:22 PM
What you needed to do was put a courtesy hold on the reservation so that it locked in that price (or at least I believe it locks that price in, I may be wrong) for 5 days which would have given you time to decide what to do. You may want to check again and then do this before it starts going up even more.

HallsofVA
10-20-2010, 08:27 PM
I have found that when I'm searching around to price out various cruises, I sometimes forget to reselect the cruise I want, and it ends up defaulting to the first cruise that month. You might check to see if you see the numbers you looked up earlier matching with any of the other cruises in the month you're looking at.

discorsner
10-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Not sure about other categories but I know I priced out the 4/19 3 nt Bahamas on the Dream for 2012 this morning around 9:30 am and got a price of 1633. This was for 2A, 2K in a category 11C and included taxes but no transfers. I just re-checked it and it is exactly the same as I saw this morning.

However maybe you checked before 930 and maybe it was lower? Or maybe they changed it during the day and now it is back?

Don't know if this helps at all but just wanted to let you know I see it the same as I did this morning. :)

dmank
10-20-2010, 08:46 PM
I have found that when I'm searching around to price out various cruises, I sometimes forget to reselect the cruise I want, and it ends up defaulting to the first cruise that month. You might check to see if you see the numbers you looked up earlier matching with any of the other cruises in the month you're looking at.

I have done this too!

hart6066
10-20-2010, 09:40 PM
I called Disney and my numbers from this morning are correct--no idea what I searched tonight!!! At least this did make me get a 5 day hold on a room! It was actually the last non connecting one in our category on all of deck 5 and 6!! Thanks for the help!