PDA

View Full Version : Disney Magic

wildel1021
10-20-2010, 06:33 PM
What type of cruises will the Magic be doing once the Fantasy Arrives?

HallsofVA
10-20-2010, 07:29 PM
They haven't announced what the Magic is doing after it returns to Port Canaveral on 3/31/12 after it's 3/24/12 Eastern Caribbean cruise. We're all anxiously awaiting.

However, looking at the port schedules published by various ports, the Magic could be in Cayman on 4/3/12, Key West on 4/15/12, and Key West on 5/1/12.Then, we don't see anything for the Magic in the usual places until 9/25/12, when it begins bi-weekly stops in Cayman on alternate weeks from the Fantasy, and continuing on through 4/23/2013. The guess is that these could be alternate Western Caribbean cruises, possibly departing from Galveston or someplace other than Port Canaveral.

While the Magic is away that summer (from May - Sept) there is speculation that it could be heading to Hawaii and points beyond, since there were previous reports of DCL having tentative bookings in Hawaii in May and Sept 2012, or back to the Med or other sailings out of NY or elsewhere. Anyone's guess until the info is announced! I vote for an "Around the "World" cruise" that stops at WDW, DL, the DVC resort in HI, and Hong Kong DL. (Doubt that I'd book it, but it sounds cool!)

TheBeadPirate
10-21-2010, 08:11 PM
... your guess is as good as mine on just what is meant by exotic...:confused3

We just got off Wonder today and there was a lot of fanfare, handouts, announcemnets, etc. with the release of the new 2012 info... The Magic is simply referred to as sailing "exotic" destinations (aren't they all)

I agree that some Hawaii will probably be a sfe bet based on what was reported about docking fees, etc. The other thing we kept hearing onboard was some asian destinations.

Remember when looking at the schedule that there has long been a rumor that the Magic will go through an extensive dry dock in 2012-13 in order to get abother 5-7 years of service out of her. I have heard 7-10 weeks discussed over the last few months...

Of course it is all just rumors till we see it in print (I like to think that the officers are more reliable than the bus drivers... but some comparisions can be made) :rotfl2: