PDA

View Full Version : Car pick-up time at hotel?

3Mickeys
10-20-2010, 04:02 PM
I just reserved a car for a pick up at an MCO area hotel with transport to PC on the day of our cruise. I requested a 9:30 pick up at the hotel. They just got back to me saying 10am is the earliest they ever do for a trip to PC. I know from reading here that this is probably not the case. I am not super anal about getting on the ship first, but would like to get there early before the gaggles of buses arrive. Will a 10 am pick up be ok for us? Arrive around 11?
Thanks for your suggestions.

3Mickeys
10-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Anyone?
I just need someone to tell me getting there around 11 will still be ok and we won't be the last on the ship. :confused3
If this adds any info.. this is the cruise that leaves on the day of a scheduled shuttle launch if that adds an additional twist regarding traffic going towards the area. Thanks for any input.

DVC4US
10-21-2010, 08:44 AM
I think getting to the port at 11am would be just fine, but I can't say for sure because I always like getting there early. We use Happy Limo and we have never had a problem with them picking us up early. For our Dec cruise we have a scheduled pick-up of 8:30am. I have never had to deal with a shuttle launch but I would say from reading on these boards the traffic can get really bad and cause delays.

SSR Lover
10-21-2010, 08:50 AM
From what I've read on here, a 10:00 pick-up sounds right, as the car services will be picking cruisers up from the port as well. They probably can't guarantee that they would be able to pick you up any sooner than that.

I can't help you much with the traffic issue. I suppose it depends on what time the shuttle launch is. We took a cruise that left the day of a nighttime launch (maybe 7/7:30 p.m.) and we had no traffic on our drive from MCO to the port, which was around the 1:30 - 2:30 timeframe. It was awesome being able to see it from the ship (although it was pretty much just a bright light). Hope you are able to get some great pictures!

tinkerone
10-21-2010, 09:04 AM
we are having the same kind of car pick up and they told us the same. they pick up at the cruise ship first, do a drop off of those guests and then do the pick up to go back to the ship. i was told that that would be the earliest any service would get us there. they could have been feeding me a line but it sounds right.

outahere
10-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Anyone?
I just need someone to tell me getting there around 11 will still be ok and we won't be the last on the ship. :confused3
If this adds any info.. this is the cruise that leaves on the day of a scheduled shuttle launch if that adds an additional twist regarding traffic going towards the area. Thanks for any input.

If the shuttle launch is during the day, you can be pretty sure that traffic headed toward the port area will be heavy. If it is a daytime launch, I would seriously doubt that they can get you from MCO to the port in an hour. If you want to get an earlier pick up time, I suggest you call around to find a different car service.

If you are able to arrive at 11:00, you should be fine. Obviously you won't be in one of the first boarding groups, but not one of the last either. The buses from the WDW resorts don't start arriving until closer to 1:00pm, but the buses from MCO start to arrive a little after 10:30, or so.

3Mickeys
10-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I don't think the extra half hour will make much of a difference. Happy Limo came in $30 more than FL Tours. May try a few others, or call to get immediate answers. I sometimes remind myself that everyone here on this board are pros and super fanatical planners. For every one of us, there are probably two other families on the same cruise that will come rolling in at 1 or 2pm on the DCL transfer, and not know any better about getting there early, right?
;)

AngolaHeartsDisney
10-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Just a word of advice... Happy Limo will negociate with you. I did this for a Limo ride to the Port next week. I just requested a quote and then e-mailed them back with the other company and thier rates and they gave a better rate than the other compnay and a bigger limo... it is worth a shot... It saved me a couple$$:thumbsup2