PDA

View Full Version : All I want is a good, old fashioned birthday cake

SydSim
10-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Going to Vegas for my sister's 50th birthday. Planning on surprising her with a cake (Also having the hotel room decorated while we're out at a show). Hotel charges $48 for a 10" cake.

Are there any "regular" bakeries or stores that sell birthday cakes near on or the strip that we can get a "regular" vanilla cake with butter creme icing from (that can deliver it to the hotel)? Would like it decorated, of course, but we are steak and potatoes kind of people - vanilla, chocolate, icing, writing on top is good enough for us:thumbsup2

We won't have a car, and since it's a surprise, it would be hard for me to go get it myself without her knowing.

Thanks!

usnuzuloose
10-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Yes, There is a vons. I do know that vons does deliver. Also ask the hotel before you leave for other stores near by and call and see what you can do. Wow 48.00 thats crazy. Hope she is surprised. We were just there in aug. We had a blast. Happy Birthday to them. Jo

StageTek
10-21-2010, 03:06 AM
Vons requires at least a $50 order to deliver. Also, unlike a pizza
place they have a 2 to 4 hour window for delivery.

But it is close enough to grab a taxi. I suspect that all included you're
going to spend pretty close to what the hotel charges.

StageTek
10-21-2010, 03:08 AM
Vons requires at least a $50 order to deliver. Also, unlike a pizza
place they have a 2 to 4 hour window for delivery.

skiingfast
10-21-2010, 11:44 AM

This was my suspicion too, a bit of a catch 22.

jlima
10-27-2010, 12:14 AM
Where are you staying; I have a few ideas:

There are several Hagen Daz shops on the strip, some inside strip properties. If any sell ice cream cakes, it may be a simple as picking it up and walking it to your room, if you are staying somewhere that has one (Ballys, Venetian, MGM Grand)

The Grand Lux Cafe at the Venetian is operated by The Cheesecake Factory. They have a coffee bar where they sell whole cakes. I purchased a dulce de leche cheesecake there for Easter Sunday this year - CRAZY good. Call & ask if they can write something on a whole cake.

If you plan on doing any shopping at an outlet mall, the LV Outlet Center has a Great American Cookie Company. If you're going there anyway and taking a taxi, call & order a cookie cake, then when you're done shopping, pick it up and bring it back to your hotel.

If you are staying at Bellagio or Aria, there is a French bakery on property, the Jean Phillipe Patisserie. Call & ask how much is a small cake . . . but it may be comparable to prices you already have.

Hope this helps!