PDA

View Full Version : What are my chances???

leagirl12
10-20-2010, 01:23 PM
We want to book on the Fantasy for June 2 but I really need to wait until after Christmas to book due to finances. What are the chances that we will still be able to get a verandah at the same rates they have today???

mmouse37
10-20-2010, 01:37 PM
We want to book on the Fantasy for June 2 but I really need to wait until after Christmas to book due to finances. What are the chances that we will still be able to get a verandah at the same rates they have today???

Not good I'm afraid....not saying the cost will go up dramatically, but most likely WILL go up from today's prices. It is a new ship doing 7 days itineraries so will be popular this year...in your favor is that is not right in the middle of the summer when demand is most high.

MJ

KSDisneyDad
10-20-2010, 01:38 PM
No idea how long it will be before prices move up. I've seen some cruises stay at their same prices up until close until sailing and others move up in price very quickly. The summer cruises can often be popular as kids are out of school. For example, the Dream 5-night leaving on 5/29/2011 is no longer listed as available and the prices of cruises around that date are alot higher than they were last year.

If you're concerned, you could put down your deposit on a Disney Visa. I believe they still offer 0% financing for 6-months on Disney vacations.

jilljill
10-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Some people have noticed the rates are slightly higher today then they were yesterday. Prices rise as the each category sells.

KSDisneyDad
10-20-2010, 02:08 PM
As an FYI, verandahs on the 6/2/2010 cruise are about $350 less per person than later in the month. That could make the 6/2 cruise more popular. Also, the 11C's are already gone on the 6/2 cruise, but still available later in the month when prices are higher.

DW2010
10-20-2010, 02:12 PM
As an FYI, verandahs on the 6/2/2010 cruise are about $350 less per person than later in the month. That could make the 6/2 cruise more popular. Also, the 11C's are already gone on the 6/2 cruise, but still available later in the month when prices are higher.

Wow. I sure hope I don't regret giving up my spot on the Fantasy. I decided to go with the Dream, 5 night double dip since it was almost $1K less.

**eta**I just received a quote on the Fantasy that I forgot I'd put in for and the price is the same as yesterday for an 11C. Now I'm second guessing myself again. Is it worth almost $1K more than a double dip on the Dream?

HappyontheLake
10-20-2010, 02:12 PM
That is the cruise I am interested in -- I am going to talk to my husband about booking a dummy cruise, then seeing what the school calendar look likes (will school actually get out in time that year) and will he actually be able to take his sabbatical or will they have a long Holiday cruise 2012 (what we really want).

We could do a dummy reservation and change it over when we are on the Dream and they have all the 2012 dates out.

Don't know -- don't know

Piecey
10-20-2010, 02:14 PM

This is exactly why I booked the 6/2. I decided to get a verandah (a 5E) and the price was much lower than the other cruises.

I think the 6/2 is reasonably priced as of right now but I bet it'll go up, too.

Hope you figure things out and can book OP!

leagirl12
10-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the info....I am going to talk to hubby about booking tonight. You have convinced me! :)

KSDisneyDad
10-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Wow. I sure hope I don't regret giving up my spot on the Fantasy. I decided to go with the Dream, 5 night double dip since it was almost $1K less.

**eta**I just received a quote on the Fantasy that I forgot I'd put in for and the price is the same as yesterday for an 11C. Now I'm second guessing myself again. Is it worth almost $1K more than a double dip on the Dream?

That's odd as on the DCL website, the 11C's are no longer showing up for 2 adults (as of the time I wrote the original post and just now again). I know sometimes they come and go throughout the day. On our last cruise, I wanted to upgrade to a verandah and there were none available. One day, a bunch popped up as available and I upgraded.

How much is the Dream? If it's more than $2,500 (or $500 per night), then I think it's worth it to go with the Fantasy.

DW2010
10-20-2010, 05:40 PM
That's odd as on the DCL website, the 11C's are no longer showing up for 2 adults (as of the time I wrote the original post and just now again). I know sometimes they come and go throughout the day. On our last cruise, I wanted to upgrade to a verandah and there were none available. One day, a bunch popped up as available and I upgraded.

How much is the Dream? If it's more than $2,500 (or $500 per night), then I think it's worth it to go with the Fantasy.

I bet it's because the TA's have certain rooms blocked off for their use only. I can choose the Dream Bahamian for 5 nights in April 2012 for $1971.88 or the Fantasy Eastern for 7 nights for $2866.48.