PDA

View Full Version : Rebooking the Fastasy Maiden Voyage onboard

Debbru
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
I've searched but couldn't find an answer...

If we book the Fantasy Maiden Voyage online now (knowing the deposit is non-refundable & non-transferable), can we reshop the reservation onboard our cruise in December to get the shipboard credit (I know there would be no 10% onboard booking credit).

Thanks for any help!

Debbru
10-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Just bumping - hoping someone will know if we can reshop the maiden voyage of the Fantasy while on board the Wonder in December?

mmouse37
10-20-2010, 06:54 PM
I am not sure....because this is considered a special cruise with special refund/cancellation policies I am not sure they will let you reshop it. It may depend on how the onboard booking agent handles it.

Definitely ask when onboard but I have a feeling this may be one you can't change at all.

Maybe someone who asked onboard about reshopping the Dream could give their experience.

MJ

ruadisneyfan2
10-20-2010, 07:06 PM
I am not sure....because this is considered a special cruise with special refund/cancellation policies I am not sure they will let you reshop it. It may depend on how the onboard booking agent handles it.

Definitely ask when onboard but I have a feeling this may be one you can't change at all.

Maybe someone who asked onboard about reshopping the Dream could give their experience.

MJ

Yes, I agree, this is a unique situation. I have reshopped onboard many times. Each time I've rebooked, technically, it's cancelling the old res and creating a new one. You get a new res. # and may lose early dining. This happened to us and we were successfully waitlisted.
I don't know if they're still allowing the 50% deposit for MV bookings. I'd say if this is a cruise you really want, book now. Ask onboard but at least you'll be on that sailing.
Back in January, I waited, watching the Easter 2011 cruise on the Dream, knowing I'd be on the Wonder in 5 or so weeks. In that short time, all of the cheaper staterooms sold out and price was double what I originally found. Since then, when it's a date I want, I just go for it.