PDA

View Full Version : If I book now and decide no later...


Dizney73
10-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I am torn... I really want to cruise on the Fantasy and have a quote in my email box right now which I need to make a decision on ASAP. Since other lines do not all have their cruises posted for summer of 2012 as of yet... if I book our Fantasy cruise and then decide that we want to cruise with another line when they announce their cruises and prices for summer 2012 ( I know... insert sad face here) can I get my deposit backfrom Disney... or will I lose it?

NancyIL
10-20-2010, 10:35 AM
As long as you cancel before the penalty date (usually 75-90 days before the sail date) - you'll get your deposit refunded.

I am in the same "boat" - wanting to book a Europe 2012 cruise. Other cruise lines won't have that info until spring 2011, whereas I imagine DCL will have those itineraries available to book before the end of 2010.

nemofans
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
This is what I am doing...
I booked a 5 night Dream cruise for 2012. If I like another cruise instead (maybe on the Magic), then I will transfer this cruise to that one. If after we find out all the cruises for 2012 & I decide to stay w/this Dream one, then I will try to rebook that cruise onboard our cruise coming up & see if I can get a better price w/the disc & OBC. I do like that I have time to cancel & still get my deposit back.

outahere
10-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Deposits are refundable up until your paid-in-full date, unless you book one of the Concierge cabins (categories R, T and V on the Fantasy).

Dizney73
10-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Thank you for your quick replies!! I think that I will book this Fantasy cruise and keep waiting for NCL to publish their 2012 itineraries. We are looking to still do the western caribbean but out of Port New Orleans...home of Princess Tiana:goodvibes! My daughter just loves her! She talks about going to get beignets from Tiana everyday! But you never know if NCL will schedule that same itinerary in 2012 that they had in 2011:confused3. If I miss out on this initial Fantasy booking and NCL doesn't offer this one particular cruise then I will only have to pay a higher price later.

Thank you again... I know that I would cancel well before the paid in full date if we choose to do so!!

DW2010
10-20-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm going to book the Dream for 5 nights in April 2012 just to get the price it is right now. I'm hoping, though, that some form of discount is offered on it to bring it down some ;).