PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Dream and Fantasy

MOMMYMOUSEOF2
10-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Can someone please tell me what the main differences are between the Dream and Fantasy? I have seen several people saying they would rather be on the Fantasy, but I thought they were supposed to be just about the same.

Pinkprincessmom
10-20-2010, 10:14 AM
One difference that I know of is that the Dream primarily does 4 day cruises while the Fantasy does 7.

dursin
10-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Probably similar to the differences between the Magic and the Wonder. They'll rename the main restaurant and change the theming slightly, nightclubs will have slightly different names, the lobby may have a different statue and the characters hanging off the back of the ship will be different. Don't think it will be much more than that.

motherofallfans
10-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Dream is art-deco while Fantasy is Art Nouveau

dursin
10-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Dream is art-deco while Fantasy is Art Nouveau
That's what they did with the Magic and Wonder. Are they doing the same thing with the Dream and Fantasy?

NancyIL
10-20-2010, 11:00 AM
I think many people would prefer to take a longer cruise to the Caribbean than a shorter cruise to the Bahamas - so they are choosing the Fantasy.

KingRichard
10-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Or sure the dream must be terrible?

No one has even seen the finished product yet and any pic's that Disney puts out may not be100% correct to give everyone some Disney magic!

kay1864
10-20-2010, 05:54 PM
I'd read here on the boards (rumor?) that Fantasy will have Bibbidi boutique whereas Dream will not. Makes sense since Fantasy will have more formal nights.

karana
10-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Hope they include elements of Fantasia, especially the music! Love that movie and show.

HallsofVA
10-20-2010, 06:48 PM
I'd read here on the boards (rumor?) that Fantasy will have Bibbidi boutique whereas Dream will not. Makes sense since Fantasy will have more formal nights.

But even then, they've found a way to get a BBB experience on the current ships (Magic at least), so surely they'll have a solution for the Dream as well, unless they're only focusing on it for longer cruises.

verygfy
10-20-2010, 07:03 PM
I like the BBB idea on the Fantasy, DD will be 5 almost 6 when we sail!! We chose the Fantasy over the Dream due to the longer cruise. We knew we wanted to sail on the new ships, but before going back to the Bahamas we wanted to do a 7 day.

PoohJen
10-20-2010, 09:01 PM
I agree the swing is likely the time/itinerary differences - I don't think anyone is saying the Dream is terrible.

We're happy to be going on a 5 night Dream cruise next summer, but we REALLY wanted a 7 night. Also would prefer new itinerary for both ships (was hoping Fantasy would bring some new ports). That's the wish list but believe me, we'll be sure to love every minute of our 5 night Bahamian Dream cruise!:goodvibes