PDA

View Full Version : I hate that the Maiden Voyage is my spring break....

lildeb724
10-20-2010, 10:55 AM
I would have booked the Fantasy for 4/7/12 which is our spring break - but I won't because it is to far out, and to not have my deposit be refundable or transferable (and higher) is to risky for me.

HallsofVA
11-03-2010, 01:02 AM
I think it's the week after ours, which was disappointing as well. I would have seriously considered booking it if it had been the week before.

birkner
11-03-2010, 01:08 AM
I would have booked the Fantasy for 4/7/12 which is our spring break - but I won't because it is to far out, and to not have my deposit be refundable or transferable (and higher) is to risky for me.

We booked it with the caveat that if you take DCL insurance and pay it in full, you can transfer the deposit to another cruise. If there was any chance we were not going to do this cruise, I would not risk it either.

birkner
11-03-2010, 01:10 AM
I think it's the week after ours, which was disappointing as well. I would have seriously considered booking it if it had been the week before.

Maybe you can get the school district to change....

Wish you were going with us. Sue Kraft said her children's school district is the week before the cruise as well. We will miss you guys!!

HallsofVA
11-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Maybe you can get the school district to change....

Wish you were going with us. Sue Kraft said her children's school district is the week before the cruise as well. We will miss you guys!!

That would be fun, but alas it won't work. I am back on a cruise with the Captain at the moment, so all is not lost.

birkner
11-03-2010, 01:26 AM
That would be fun, but alas it won't work. I am back on a cruise with the Captain at the moment, so all is not lost.

I am sure that will be just as fun. We just want to have the one time experience of being first on the ship.

havaneselover
11-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Me too. I was planning on booking that week but when I found out it was MV I decided against it for a few reasons. Taking the kids out of school for a week in November instead. I'll try again for the Fantasy over Easter in 2013.