PDA

View Full Version : Cat 9A - Corner staterooms

dvcdisney
10-20-2010, 08:11 AM
I just booked a cruise on the Fantasy and it's one of the Cat 9A corner rooms in the front.

Does anyone have any information about these rooms? They seem oddly shaped.

Also, is this a connecting room?

I would appreciate any info. This is my second time booking a cruise but I haven't been on one yet (first cruise will be 2011 on the Dream - very :cool1:)

Thanks. :)

Luckymomoftwo
10-20-2010, 08:26 AM
All I know is they are a tiny bit bigger than the other oceanview staterooms.

motherofallfans
10-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Based on the mock-up of the ship, they have larger windows too - not portholes. Corner rooms are much bigger (often they are designated 'accessibe' because of this) so enjoy the space. Depending on which Deck you're on (6, 7, or 8) your view might be impeded by the bow of the boat as it sticks out quite far.

seaulater
10-20-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm in 8504 for the Maiden Voyage of the Dream, so after January, I could post a review on the stateroom.

I'm in 8502 for the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy, so after April, 2012, I could post a review on that room.

On the Maiden Voyage of the Dream, our group is doing a stateroom tour of different category staterooms, so I am sure after the maiden voyage you will see many postings of the staterooms and peoples actual experiences.

I booked that room because of the potential view from the front of the ship, I thought it was a great stateroom. I hope I am right!

TammyAlphabet
10-20-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm in 8504 for the Maiden Voyage of the Dream, so after January, I could post a review on the stateroom.

I'm in 8502 for the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy, so after April, 2012, I could post a review on that room.

On the Maiden Voyage of the Dream, our group is doing a stateroom tour of different category staterooms, so I am sure after the maiden voyage you will see many postings of the staterooms and peoples actual experiences.

I booked that room because of the potential view from the front of the ship, I thought it was a great stateroom. I hope I am right!

Way to go Linda!!!!!!!!!

dvcdisney
10-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks for all the info. :thumbsup2

seaulater - can't wait for your review! :)

Another question - Are these corner rooms on the Magic or Wonder?

HallsofVA
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
We have 8006 booked for our Dream cruise in August, so we're also looking forward to the feedback from the early cruisers. There was originally some speculation that these rooms may have two portholes, but that seems to have been disproven when comparing the ship models and videos against the deck plans and counting out the windows.

8006 at least is not a connecting room, and I didn't think the other large corner rooms on the forward part of the ship were connecting either since they were originally on my list of targeted cabins.

Shame they don't have any 9A rooms on the aft side of the ship that aren't accessible. We've generally preferred aft to forward, but were intrigued enough by these rooms to book one anyway.

PearlySwan
10-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Can't wait to read/see you post those pictures seaulater. I'm in 8504 on the Fantasy for the sailing after the Maiden Voyage. Not only did I snag a nice room (I hope), but friends of ours are sailing with us! :dance3:

The rooms that intrigue me on the Dream/Fantasy are on Deck 5. Stateroom Numbers: 5509, 5511, 5513, 5515, 5008, 5011, 5013, and 5015. Could they possibly be the new SPH staterooms? I'm wondering about them now. :scratchin

mmouse37
10-20-2010, 11:53 AM

Keep it nice for me as I am in it on the following sailing of the Dream!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

MJ

mmouse37
10-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all the info. :thumbsup2

seaulater - can't wait for your review! :)

Another question - Are these corner rooms on the Magic or Wonder?

The 9A corner rooms are unique to the Dream/Fantasy......we will be on the MV of the Dream in 9B Cabom 2004 and then moving to 9A Cabin 8504 for the second part of the B2B (can't wait to see the difference in the cabins). I was intrigued by the shape of those corner rooms as they look VERY large compared to others in the same category and for the chance of a forward view.

MJ

PearlySwan
10-20-2010, 12:04 PM
I was intrigued by the shape of those corner rooms as they look VERY large compared to others in the same category and for the chance of a forward view.

MJ

They do indeed! Now MJ would you happen to have any kind of insight as to the configuration of these staterooms? 5509, 5511, 5513, 5515, 5008, 5011, 5013, and 5015. :idea: Those look like they could potentially be SPH rooms. Don't you think?

Sorcerer Mom
10-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Was wondering the same about these rooms. I thought that "accessible" would mean perhaps they are handicapp accessible. If so, no bathtub? Anxious to see the reports when those lucky cruisers come back from the Dream.

mmouse37
10-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Was wondering the same about these rooms. I thought that "accessible" would mean perhaps they are handicapp accessible. If so, no bathtub? Anxious to see the reports when those lucky cruisers come back from the Dream.

Not all the corner 9A cabins are handicapped accessible...I booked 8504 and there was no indication that this is a handicapped cabin. There are some 9A corner ones that are but there are some that are not.

MJ

mmouse37
10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
They do indeed! Now MJ would you happen to have any kind of insight as to the configuration of these staterooms? 5509, 5511, 5513, 5515, 5008, 5011, 5013, and 5015. :idea: Those look like they could potentially be SPH rooms. Don't you think?

I don't think so....the only reason the SPH on Magic and Wonder are classified as such as the lifeboats/equipment is in front of them.....the lifeboats don't seem to extend all the way forward on the Dream/Fantasy according the pics I have seen...I could be wrong but I think they are not. I actually am not sure which deck the lifeboats are on the Dream/Fantasy.

I thought I remembered someone posting once that there would be no SPH because the lifeboat positioning on the Dream/Fantasy.

We can only wait and see when the reports come back!!!

MJ

sparty7798
10-20-2010, 12:30 PM
We have a corner room on the Dream 8504 as well! The travel agent recommeneded it!

justmestace
10-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Out of all of the larger corner staterooms, both forward and aft, the ONLY ones that are accessible are:

All of the others are priced the same as the rooms next to them....so they are major "bonus" rooms. I have a feeling that they will become nearly impossible for most people to book.....my bet is that the travel agents will have these on their lists of rooms to hold for their clients. sparty7798's post kind of confirms that.

I also have to wonder if DCL will re-categorize those rooms, and charge more for them eventually? There are corner rooms like these on some of the Carnival ships, and they are much higher priced. I think they list those as "Premium Balcony Suites".

No way of know the layouts yet, they are shown in the newest DCL travel books, or anywhere that I've seen.

justmestace
10-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Also....the deck plans that Dreams has on their website are not correct, as far as all of the aft corner staterooms go. Dreams has them all listed as HC.....and as I said before, only one of them is.
So don't use Dreams' deck plan as your guide to those rooms.

PearlySwan
10-20-2010, 12:57 PM
We have a corner room on the Dream 8504 as well! The travel agent recommeneded it!

^^^ What does your travel agent know that we don't know? :laughing:

Kim&Chris
10-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Funny, I just booked 8504 for our 6/2012 cruise. The reservation agent said, and I quote, "wow, that is going to be an AWESOME room. The window is going to be ginormous!!!".

YAY!!

Edited to add: She also told me that the room's square footage is not different from any of the other 9A's.

PearlySwan
10-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Funny, I just booked 8504 for our 6/2012 cruise. The reservation agent said, and I quote, "wow, that is going to be an AWESOME room. The window is going to be ginormous!!!".

YAY!!

Edited to add: She also told me that the room's square footage is not different from any of the other 9A's.

^^^ So it is really not about the square footage per se but about the configuration of the rooms and the views from them. I'm glad I was able to book 8504 too. :goodvibes

Kim&Chris
10-20-2010, 01:45 PM
^^^ So it is really not about the square footage per se but about the configuration of the rooms and the views from them. I'm glad I was able to book 8504 too. :goodvibes

That's the way I understood it. The room is definitely going to be configured differently, but the actual living space is going to be basically the same.

Meg'n'walt
10-20-2010, 02:13 PM
We were checking out those staterooms at the front too..but I was just wondering : wouldn't it be a 'noise' problem to be so close to the new teenclub 'Vibe' ??

Would the teens have to access through the gangways where staterooms nr 5520, 5020 etc are located ?? :scared1:

Could you please keep us informed after the maidentrip ?

MASrules
10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
I have 8504 for the 2/20/10 and the 4/1/12 Dream sailings. I booked the 2/20 one several days after the booking window opened, so at least then it was possible to book this room by non-castaway plat/gold. I booked the 4/1/12 this morning at 645, so it may be much harder to get these rooms in the future.

There is a chance that 4/1/12 may become a dummy booking and moved to another date, so if the room is really that great, someone might be able to get it in the future if I have to move this cruise.

jsolar
10-20-2010, 05:04 PM
We just booked 7006 and 7504 on the Fantasy 6/28.
I was also curious to hear what those rooms looked like. In the deck plan, they sure look much larger.

Dallas_Lady
10-28-2010, 09:54 AM
I am also intrigued by these rooms. They look almost too good to be true. Definitely bigger than the other rooms, but why are they only 9A? Do you think the windows will be off the front of the ship or the side? If it's the front I don't think I want it because it looks like that front pool area would obstruct the view o fthe ocean.

Kim&Chris
10-28-2010, 10:11 AM
I am also intrigued by these rooms. They look almost too good to be true. Definitely bigger than the other rooms, but why are they only 9A? Do you think the windows will be off the front of the ship or the side? If it's the front I don't think I want it because it looks like that front pool area would obstruct the view o fthe ocean.

I don't really know that they're bigger, per se, than the others. When I booked this room, the DCL reservation agent told me that, square-footage wise, there's virtually no difference. The room IS very irregularly shaped, so I'm interested to see what that does, in terms of basic living space. I mean, the room is sort of a triangle now, so it'll be interesting to see where/how they place the bed and other furniture. I guess we'll see.

As far as the window goes, I could swear that she told me it was on the side, and that it was going to be MUCH bigger than the windows in similar rooms. I've been trying to find pictures of that particular area of the ship, but I can't seem to find anything that really answers that question. Again, it's "wait and see"!

motherofallfans
10-28-2010, 10:21 AM
These rooms are bigger... there just isn't any 'official' square footage listing other than for the category. They are bigger and the ones with verandahs have WAY bigger verandahs - or that's the case on the Wonder anyway. I booked a back corner (snagged the last one on our sailing) and am very pleased... especially since I'm sure you're all aware that prices have JUMPED!

According to the photos from the shipyard/boatbuilder, the actual windows in the front are still only large portholes despite the look of the finished product (rectangular glass all across). And I'm pretty sure that the front corner 9As are facing the side, which as posted will probably result in a better view (not of the Vibe deck).

jsolar
10-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Can't wait to read/see you post those pictures seaulater. I'm in 8504 on the Fantasy for the sailing after the Maiden Voyage. Not only did I snag a nice room (I hope), but friends of ours are sailing with us! :dance3:

The rooms that intrigue me on the Dream/Fantasy are on Deck 5. Stateroom Numbers: 5509, 5511, 5513, 5515, 5008, 5011, 5013, and 5015. Could they possibly be the new SPH staterooms? I'm wondering about them now. :scratchin

I was in 5004 on the Wonder in August. It was a great room!! The location was perfect and quiet!

sparty7798
10-28-2010, 11:00 AM
^^^ What does your travel agent know that we don't know? :laughing:

Not sure, she just said the room was all the rave even before the ship is built and would be bigger! I hope that is the case!

HallsofVA
10-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Definitely bigger than the other rooms, but why are they only 9A? Do you think the windows will be off the front of the ship or the side? If it's the front I don't think I want it because it looks like that front pool area would obstruct the view o fthe ocean.

They're probably 9A because they aren't large enough to accommodate a 5th person, but they are on higher decks akin to the 9A cabins on the existing ships.

As to the window placement, from looking at the deck plans in conjunction with the ship models, it appears that the window for the corner rooms will be located on the side of the ship. We have 8006 booked for our 1st cruise on the Dream, and it looks like it will have a window on the port side.

dahuffy
10-28-2010, 07:10 PM
We were checking out those staterooms at the front too..but I was just wondering : wouldn't it be a 'noise' problem to be so close to the new teenclub 'Vibe' ??

Would the teens have to access through the gangways where staterooms nr 5520, 5020 etc are located ?? :scared1:

Could you please keep us informed after the maidentrip ?

That isn't the Teen Pool,it's the crew's area.

justmestace
10-28-2010, 07:48 PM
That isn't the Teen Pool,it's the crew's area.

On the Dream, this area is now for Teens...called "Vibe". An outdoor area with water features and an indoor area.

I think the only way to access it, would be a doorway past those rooms on Deck 5. And I don't think that would be an area where I'd want a room.

cats mom
10-29-2010, 06:20 AM
Out of all of the larger corner staterooms, both forward and aft, the ONLY ones that are accessible are:

All of the others are priced the same as the rooms next to them....so they are major "bonus" rooms. I have a feeling that they will become nearly impossible for most people to book.....my bet is that the travel agents will have these on their lists of rooms to hold for their clients. sparty7798's post kind of confirms that.

I also have to wonder if DCL will re-categorize those rooms, and charge more for them eventually? There are corner rooms like these on some of the Carnival ships, and they are much higher priced. I think they list those as "Premium Balcony Suites".

No way of know the layouts yet, they are shown in the newest DCL travel books, or anywhere that I've seen.

Also....the deck plans that Dreams has on their website are not correct, as far as all of the aft corner staterooms go. Dreams has them all listed as HC.....and as I said before, only one of them is.
So don't use Dreams' deck plan as your guide to those rooms.

So are 6186, 6686, 5186, 5686 the ones you're talking about that Dreams has listed as accessible but that really aren't? I'd love to try and grab one of those corner rooms on deck 6 aft if they're not HA rooms.

justmestace
10-29-2010, 10:17 AM
So are 6186, 6686, 5186, 5686 the ones you're talking about that Dreams has listed as accessible but that really aren't? I'd love to try and grab one of those corner rooms on deck 6 aft if they're not HA rooms.

No, I'm sorry, I was talking about the aft verandah rooms and the forward rooms with windows.
Those particular four rooms that you listed are ocean view, and they ARE accessible. This info is according to Disney.

HallsofVA
10-29-2010, 10:29 AM
As far as the window goes, I could swear that she told me it was on the side, and that it was going to be MUCH bigger than the windows in similar rooms. I've been trying to find pictures of that particular area of the ship, but I can't seem to find anything that really answers that question. Again, it's "wait and see"!

From the deck plans and ship models, it doesn't seem that the window will be on the side, rather than facing forward. As to whether it's bigger or not, it doesn't appear so on the models, but who knows until we see her in real life.

disneystick
10-29-2010, 11:56 AM
I am booked in one of the corner room on the Fantasy, cabin 7006 for May 2012 sailing. Can't wait to see pics!!!

Meg'n'walt
10-29-2010, 01:42 PM
On the Dream, this area is now for Teens...called "Vibe". An outdoor area with water features and an indoor area.

I think the only way to access it, would be a doorway past those rooms on Deck 5. And I don't think that would be an area where I'd want a room.

Yep, the same what we've been thinking !! :confused3

BamaBornNemoNut
10-29-2010, 03:00 PM
I was also curious to hear what those rooms looked like. In the deck plan, they sure look much larger.

My reservation on the 7 night western Fantasy 6/26 is for room 7504. I also have room 7501 and caught it before the big rate jump!! Don't mind an extra cabin mate, but I hope you have your dates and/or ships confused....lol:confused3

cats mom
10-29-2010, 09:07 PM

My reservation on the 7 night western Fantasy 6/26 is for room 7504. I also have room 7501 and caught it before the big rate jump!! Don't mind an extra cabin mate, but I hope you have your dates and/or ships confused....lol:confused3

And I'm waaay confused since I just priced out a 7 night Fantasy cruise that sets sail 6/23/12

According to that schedule jsolar will be boarding while the ship is in the middle of the ocean, and BamaBorn will be boarding in Grand Cayman.
Hmmm :confused3

justmestace
10-29-2010, 09:11 PM
And I'm waaay confused since I just priced out a 7 night Fantasy cruise that sets sail 6/23/12

According to that schedule jsolar will be boarding while the ship is in the middle of the ocean, and BamaBorn will be boarding in Grand Cayman.
Hmmm :confused3

I'm on the 6-23.......I didn't THINK it was a 3-Night!!;)

jsolar
10-29-2010, 10:44 PM

Okay, typo sorry. It's the 6/23 sailing on Fantasy that we are on. How are you on the 6/26?

jsolar
10-29-2010, 10:59 PM

Okay, typo sorry. It's the 6/23 sailing on Fantasy that we are on. How are you on the 6/26?

dahuffy
10-30-2010, 08:30 AM

Oops! My bad! ;)

momsrule27
10-30-2010, 08:38 AM

I am in on the Dream in August in room 8502 so that would be fantastic if you could post pics...I am curious too about the layout. Hubby wanted this room because he wants to feel like he is the captain! :lmao:

momsrule27
10-30-2010, 08:48 AM

Yes, from what I understand the access door is on Deck 5 - that is why we choose the 8th deck 8502 so hopefully we are far enough away from the noise and have a good view.

momsrule27
10-30-2010, 08:51 AM
I don't really know that they're bigger, per se, than the others. When I booked this room, the DCL reservation agent told me that, square-footage wise, there's virtually no difference. The room IS very irregularly shaped, so I'm interested to see what that does, in terms of basic living space. I mean, the room is sort of a triangle now, so it'll be interesting to see where/how they place the bed and other furniture. I guess we'll see.

We were told the same thing - window is on the side. Also, I was a little concerned with the irregular shape so I chose the room next door 8502 which also looks slighty wider; but like you said, we won't really know until we are on board. Hopefully I will get some pics of 8502 before my sail of 8/7/11.

BamaBornNemoNut
10-30-2010, 09:29 AM

Don't know where my brain was at...lol :confused3

My sailing date on the Fantasy is 5/26/2012!!! I'll have plenty of reports to read from both the Dream and Fantasy about the special 9A rooms. :rotfl:

Candy Apple
10-30-2010, 07:44 PM
We were told the same thing - window is on the side. Also, I was a little concerned with the irregular shape so I chose the room next door 8502 which also looks slighty wider; but like you said, we won't really know until we are on board. Hopefully I will get some pics of 8502 before my sail of 8/7/11.

Who told you this?

When I compare the deck plans to the pictures of the ship, it seems like the corner rooms will have a forward facing porthole. There are 7 portholes in the front of the ship on decks 6-8, which matches up with 7 9A's on those decks between the veranda rooms and the corner room.

Has anyone else looked at this?

Ness2289
10-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Who told you this?

When I compare the deck plans to the pictures of the ship, it seems like the corner rooms will have a forward facing porthole. There are 7 portholes in the front of the ship on decks 6-8, which matches up with 7 9A's on those decks between the veranda rooms and the corner room.

I looked, and you are correct. We are booked in one of the forward corner rooms on the Fantasy, and I counted after hearing about possible portholes on the sides.

dahuffy
10-30-2010, 08:41 PM
I am in on the Dream in August in room 8502 so that would be fantastic if you could post pics...I am curious too about the layout. Hubby wanted this room because he wants to feel like he is the captain! :lmao:

We have the same room booked on the Fantasy!

momsrule27
10-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Who told you this?

We booked back in December 2009 and it appeared that it might work out that way but as you said it appears the corners have front facing portholes. Hey maybe you have one on the side too! We decided on 8502 because I was also concerned with the layout on the corner although they are slightly bigger. I look forward to getting a cabin report on the corners and hopefully on my cabin!

momsrule27
10-30-2010, 09:18 PM
We have the same room booked on the Fantasy!

Cool! Hopefully we get a room report!

HallsofVA
10-31-2010, 10:50 AM
I posted this in the special room thread, but thought I'd repost here so it's all in one place.

Here's a good picture of the front side of the ship.
http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2010_10_disneydream01/IMGP7879.JPG
Can I mention first just how large these porthole windows are? Take a close look. The portholes are almost the same size as the verandah windows/doors. They are going to be quite large compared to the existing portholes!

The top row of portholes has 7 portholes, but there are only 6 porthole rooms on the deckplan. The top right porthole looks like it falls into the grey space next to room 9500.

The second row of portholes is Deck 8. The far right porthole on Deck 8 looks like room 8506/8008. The space next to it should be room 8504/8006, one of the corner rooms.

The third row of portholes is Deck 7, and the far right porthole on the third row from the top is 7506/7008. The space next to that window should be the corner room 7504/7006.

Deck 6, which I assume is the fourth row of portholes in the picture, has 8 windows. There are 5 rooms (3 8A rooms (6510/6012, 6512/6014, 6514/6016), 1 8D room (6508/6010), and 1 9A room (6506/6008)) that should all have side portholes. We'd previously heard that the 8A rooms would have 2 windows each, and that seems to be the case from the picture! Assuming the 9A (6506/6008) and 8D (6508/6010) rooms have 1 window each, then that leaves 6 windows for 3 8A rooms. The space to the right of the last porthole should be room 6504, a corner room.

Deck 5 is the last row of portholes, and the 7 portholes lines up with the 3 8A rooms with 2 portholes each (5518/5018, 5520/5020 and 5522/5022) and 1 8D room (5516/5016)on that deck. You can see that the 8A rooms have 2 portholes since it appears that room 5518 has a light on, and you can see the light glowing through the 2nd window as well.

disneystick
11-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Did anyone besides me...notice that while the Dream was being built...any front shot/image of the 9A OV front forward cabins on deck 6-8 were mysteriously covered by fabric with port hole images printed on it. Then with the unveiling, you really can't tell if those cabins have round port holes underneath another glass front or not? I can't believe, they would have extra glass over round port hole glass...does not make sense, plus, that would cost more to do.

Maybe, I'm just wishful thinking that those 9A front cabin windows are not porthole round ones, but larger windows? :lmao:

I know we all have to wait until the first MV to find out. :confused3

I have a corner cabin on deck 8 and just dying to find out what my view is going to be.

Yensidfan
11-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Did anyone besides me...notice that while the Dream was being built...any front shot/image of the 9A OV front forward cabins on deck 6-8 were mysteriously covered by fabric with port hole images printed on it. Then with the unveiling, you really can't tell if those cabins have round port holes underneath another glass front or not? I can't believe, they would have extra glass over round port hole glass...does not make sense, plus, that would cost more to do.

Maybe, I'm just wishful thinking that those 9A front cabin windows are not porthole round ones, but larger windows? :lmao:

I have a corner cabin on deck 8 and just dying to find out what my view is going to be.

The windows in the front are "round portholes" not full length windows. There are seven round portholes on each of the three decks (6,7,8) in the front of the ship. The larger glass is put over the windows and next to them as well to make it a more sleaker look of the front of the ship.

The corner room window, looks out the front not the side as was reported earlier.

http://DMagic_ShoreExc_DSC7094.jpg

HallsofVA
11-01-2010, 02:30 PM

I don't think the windows were fabric with porthole pictures on them. I think they were actual portholes (that looked a little odd and somewhat small since the paint bled over onto the actual window itself) that exist. They then came along and put the flat coverings over the front of the ship, I assume both for architectural purposes as well as aerodynamic aspects, since it looks much more streamlined than the portholes did.

I have one of the front corner rooms booked for the dream, and am a bit disappointed from the porthole facing only forward (there had been some speculation we might have two portholes, but alas that's just on the aft corner rooms), and that it appears to be double covered, with both the porthole and then outer covering. Makes me think we're not going to see much, and what we will see may be tinted or shaded more than normal. We booked other rooms on the Fantasy.

Nutty4Disney
11-01-2010, 03:08 PM
We have 8006 booked for our Dream cruise in August, so we're also looking forward to the feedback from the early cruisers. There was originally some speculation that these rooms may have two portholes, but that seems to have been disproven when comparing the ship models and videos against the deck plans and counting out the windows.

8006 at least is not a connecting room, and I didn't think the other large corner rooms on the forward part of the ship were connecting either since they were originally on my list of targeted cabins.

Shame they don't have any 9A rooms on the aft side of the ship that aren't accessible. We've generally preferred aft to forward, but were intrigued enough by these rooms to book one anyway.

We are in 8006 on the August 2nd cruise. We have sailed forward before and like the out of the way location. Hope we get a decent view. This is our first oceanview. We have always sailed inside rooms. I told DH this might have been the one we wanted the inside stateroom because of the digital porthole.

TaiTai1
11-01-2010, 04:06 PM
We've booked 8004 on the Dream It is one of the forward 9A Ocean Views (not corner). We'll be interested in anyone sailing early to tell us of the type of window or port hole in that room. It is hard to find a picture of the FRONT of the Dream. Anyone have a picture?:confused:

HallsofVA
11-01-2010, 04:20 PM
We've booked 8004 on the Dream It is one of the forward 9A Ocean Views (not corner). We'll be interested in anyone sailing early to tell us of the type of window or port hole in that room. It is hard to find a picture of the FRONT of the Dream. Anyone have a picture?:confused:

Finally a good forward shot, thanks to some pictures posted in the photo thread (I also posted this in the special rooms thread):
http://www.spiegel.de/images/image-146469-galleryV9-xwvy.jpg

And here's my new favorite shot, which also shows a good perspective of the corner rooms, where you can clearly see the distance from the side to the first porthole.
http://www.spiegel.de/images/image-146423-galleryV9-ovac.jpg

Kencad MOM
01-07-2011, 02:16 PM
I currently have 2 reservations on hold for the Dream on 4/10/12.....

9B level 2

and

9A GTY

I liked level 2 on the Wonder but the portholes look smaller on the Dream.

It looks like the 9A rooms are either in the the front or in the back of the ship(no middle staterooms)will we feel a lot more motion being in the front or the aft of the ship VS the middle?

Also can someone please explain to me how GTY works??

Which one to book :confused3

HallsofVA
01-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I currently have 2 reservations on hold for the Dream on 4/10/12.....

9B level 2

and

9A GTY

I liked level 2 on the Wonder but the portholes look smaller on the Dream.

It looks like the 9A rooms are either in the the front or in the back of the ship(no middle staterooms)will we feel a lot more motion being in the front or the aft of the ship VS the middle?

Also can someone please explain to me how GTY works??

Which one to book :confused3

We'll hopefully start to get some actual pictures soon of these rooms. There is a picture from inside a Cat 9 room that you can see on the stateroom pictures on the DCL website. I created a post recently comparing pictures of all the oceanview windows if you search under my name. The window is substantially smaller! For sure you will get that size window with the 9B room. With the 9A GTY room, there are a few 9A rooms located on the left and right side of the ship toward the very front that have the same large size portholes as the Cat 8 rooms next to them. The forward facing Cat 9A rooms, however, have smaller porthole windows that are also slanted upward a bit along the front curve of the ship.

How GTY works, is you are guaranteed of getting assigned at least a Cat 9A room, but you could also be assigned a room in a higher category, which would mean a Cat 8 family oceanview room, or perhaps even a Verandah. You don't have any input on where you are placed on the ship, so you could end up in the 8D rooms above the nightclubs, but you could also end up getting a verandah out of it!

HallsofVA
01-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Here are the pictures I'd posted in this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2619300

The Dream stateroom pictures posted on the DCL website have pictures of the different stateroom portholes from the inside. If you've read the "Special Rooms" thread, you know I've been calling them small (non-public areas on deck 1 or lower), medium (most 9A and 9B cabins except the side facing forward 9A cabins), and large (Cat 8 and a couple of 9A cabins) portholes. Now we can see pictures from inside the rooms and get to see the different sizes pretty well (at least those that matter to us!)

Oceanview, Cat 9 - Medium Porthole, Cat 9B, Deck 2 and most of the 9A cabins. Aft 9A cabins have 2 of these windows.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/ff8e0505.jpg

Though this one looks a little bit bigger than the other one, I think it's actually the same room as the one above, just from a slightly elongated angle
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/4b5d461e.jpg

Large - Cat 8, and the forward side facing (not front facing) Cat 9A cabins. Note the window seating they advertised. The square 8A rooms have 2 large windows each.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/733ffae3.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/f2a9ac11.jpg

Kencad MOM
01-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks HallsofVA for the great pics:)!!

Would you book the 9A room GTY OR the 9B room on deck 2?

I like deck 2 but it seems so "isolated" from the rest of the ship??:confused3

HallsofVA
01-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks HallsofVA for the great pics:)!!

Would you book the 9A room GTY OR the 9B room on deck 2?

I like deck 2 but it seems so "isolated" from the rest of the ship??:confused3

That's a toughie. 9B rooms on Deck 2 are very convenient to the restaurants and I think they've done a good job placing them so that they aren't under noisy areas (like kitchens, bars, nightclubs) so there aren't as many potentially noisy rooms down there as on the current ships. However the window is smaller with no hope of it being bigger. I'm a gambler, so I might take the 9A GTY (assuming the price isn't that different), for the chance that I could get a large porthole room (side facing 9A or any Cat 8 room) or possibly even a verandah of some sort. However, the risk is that you end up with one of the 9A rooms at the front of the ship, with the small and slanted porthole, that I assume would appear even smaller than the 9B portholes given the slant. So there is a slight downside, but I think the upside possibility of getting a better room would cause me to take a chance on the 9A GTY.

We currently have one of the corner 9A rooms booked for our Dream cruise, and after realizing that they didn't have 2 windows as originally hoped, and that they only have one small, slanted porthole, I've become a bit less enamored of it. Had that cruise not been sold out, I might of considered switching rooms, but it's not an option so far, so we're sticking with it. I am curious about how the corner rooms are situated and whether we get as much additional space as shown on the deck plan. I've booked 8C rooms for my Fantasy cruises, though, to get the large porthole window. (Had a side facing 9A been available, though, I would have booked that to save some money!)

Kencad MOM
01-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Booked the 9 B on deck 2 :cheer2:

Thanks again for all your help!!

Happy cruising!!

dahuffy
01-08-2011, 09:27 AM

We have the same one booked for our June 23,2012 trip. Looking forward to your review!

Kim&Chris
01-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Hoping some of the folks on the Dream can post some photos of these corner rooms. I'm SO curious!!

FriendOfFanatic
01-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Here is an old webcam post about the front windows glass. Notice in the top picture there are multiple front facing portholes. They these were all covered with the flat, large sheets of glass. I hope this will help anyone trying to picture the portholes in the front of the Dream.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37376639&postcount=8

JLDSMD
01-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Here is an old webcam post about the front windows glass. Notice in the top picture there are multiple front facing portholes. They these were all covered with the flat, large sheets of glass. I hope this will help anyone trying to picture the portholes in the front of the Dream.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37376639&postcount=8

Curiosity question here, can anyone for sure say that the white section between each "porthole" circle on each deck (i.e. 7th floor, left to right) is definitely metal?

When I enlarge the top picture, you can see there is a covering or film that wraps around the front of the ship to the side. The coloring of "white" on each floor seems to be darker than the "white" that separates the floors or even at the far left or right end of each floor, kind of like a shadowing or even a darkness from behind.

Is it possible DCL had a film or covering made to mask the true opening? :confused3

UmmGooD
01-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Just for reference here is a front facing room on RCCL's Voyager of the Seas. This might be what the feeling of the 9A rooms are like (with way nicer furnishings of course):

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Wk7JJZpGLP2-H7XuH61RBQ

FriendOfFanatic
01-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Curiosity question here, can anyone for sure say that the white section between each "porthole" circle on each deck (i.e. 7th floor, left to right) is definitely metal?

When I enlarge the top picture, you can see there is a covering or film that wraps around the front of the ship to the side. The coloring of "white" on each floor seems to be darker than the "white" that separates the floors or even at the far left or right end of each floor, kind of like a shadowing or even a darkness from behind.

Is it possible DCL had a film or covering made to mask the true opening? :confused3

It is possible, but not likely. The walls need some strength. I doubt the front of the ship would be made without structural steel.

HallsofVA
01-21-2011, 12:54 PM

Without ever having been close enough to touch it, it sure looked like steel when they were flying it into place during construction. There's a picture or two somewhere around page 18 or 19 of the special rooms thread that was taken during someone's tour of the Dream construction. It's the best picture I've seen of the front of the ship, and either that picture or another one in the same general area shows it in mid process of adding the glass covering.

HallsofVA
01-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Just for reference here is a front facing room on RCCL's Voyager of the Seas. This might be what the feeling of the 9A rooms are like (with way nicer furnishings of course):

Thank you! I think that's probably a good reflection of what I've been trying to describe as "medium sized slanted windows" for these rooms!

MyHappilyEverAfter
01-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Hmmmm... I have a 9A gty room and was assigned Room 7002 - it's just me & my husband so I'm okay with it not being a HUGE room (we had an inside stateroom on our first DCL cruise & was plenty of room for 2), but now I'm wondering what kind of view we will have. If the window is slanted, do you think we'll be seeing more sky than ocean when looking out? I was looking forward to "driving the ship", but after reading all the comments I'm having mixed feelings :confused3

I'm incredibly anxious to see pictures of these rooms... and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one

UmmGooD
01-21-2011, 01:37 PM
This might give you a feel for what you might see out of that cabin. Who knows with the double window layer on the Dream if it will give visibility problems. I am guessing if the windows are the same size as the ones on the Voyager class ships then you should be able to see out the front of the ship.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2447277460090485240CZwwJD

The only difference might be is this room is higher up than your booked stateroom so it might be easier to see past the bow of the ship verses your room.

DisneyBaby2004
01-21-2011, 01:43 PM

Thanks for the pic...I don't see how that room would be able to sleep four.

UmmGooD
01-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the pic...I don't see how that room would be able to sleep four.

You are right that they probably don't. I am guessing the DCL rooms will be larger but it gives a feel for the window at least.

JLDSMD
01-21-2011, 01:53 PM
This might give you a feel for what you might see out of that cabin. Who knows with the double window layer on the Dream if it will give visibility problems. I am guessing if the windows are the same size as the ones on the Voyager class ships then you should be able to see out the front of the ship.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2447277460090485240CZwwJD

The only difference might be is this room is higher up than your booked stateroom so it might be easier to see past the bow of the ship verses your room.

Are we certain there is two layers of glass? Could they have put the rectangular glass right over the opening, thus only having one layer of glass?

I went to the other thread where they were putting the panels on (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38850955&postcount=241) and it doesn't look like there is any glass in the portholes that are showing.

MyHappilyEverAfter

Thank you!! I could definitely live with that view (or something similar) - Faith has been restored! :thumbsup2 Regardless I should just be happy to have a room?? Thanks again - I really appreciate your picture

btw... in your picture, is that a helicopter pad on a cruise ship?

DisneyBaby2004
You are right that they probably don't. I am guessing the DCL rooms will be larger but it gives a feel for the window at least.

I'm so anxious to see pics these rooms. Where are all our good DIS doobies??? :confused3

UmmGooD
01-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Thank you!! I could definitely live with that view (or something similar) - Faith has been restored! :thumbsup2 Regardless I should just be happy to have a room?? Thanks again - I really appreciate your picture

btw... in your picture, is that a helicopter pad on a cruise ship?

Yep the RCCL voyager class have helicopter pads at the front.

Not sure about the rest of their ships.

The reason I know so much about the forward cabins on those ships is I originally booked one for my wife and I on a couple's trip for November 2010 out of Galveston. I am pretty anal and an extensive planner so I researched them quite a bit in the beginning. Well turns out my work ended up asking me to do some work in Switzerland, London, and Germany so instead of going on the cruise I took off some extra vacation days and she went with me on that trip to Europe. We have two kids and my wife didn't want to leave them two times in the same year so we cancelled the cruise.

Fsued123
01-21-2011, 02:06 PM
We have rooms 7000 & 7002 (connecting) booked for our June 2011 cruise, so I too can't to see what they look like.

MyHappilyEverAfter
01-21-2011, 02:21 PM
We have rooms 7000 & 7002 (connecting) booked for our June 2011 cruise, so I too can't to see what they look like.

Here's to hoping we see what these 9a rooms look like prior to our cruise date (we sail 2/27), but if not... I'll post some when we return :flower3:

HallsofVA
01-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Are we certain there is two layers of glass? Could they have put the rectangular glass right over the opening, thus only having one layer of glass?

I went to the other thread where they were putting the panels on (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38850955&postcount=241) and it doesn't look like there is any glass in the portholes that are showing.

I agree. Originally there was some speculation that they could have 2 layers of glass - porthole glass covered by the decorative ribbon of plexiglass or glass. But after seeing the in process construction pictures, we concluded they were putting the ribbon on directly over the metal opening. Now, I assume there is some fitting, like a window casing, on the inside of the window to seal the parts together, but that is just my assumption!

HallsofVA
01-21-2011, 09:37 PM
To tide us all over, here's a great picture of the front of the ship where you can see many of the 9A portholes peeking out from behind the decorative cover! This is from the disney cruise news website.

http://www.disneycruisenews.com/Resources/images/0108ZZ_0087DR_98536_500w.jpg

FigmentGal96
01-22-2011, 11:14 AM
HallsofVA - Thanks for that last photo! So exciting. I have corner room 7504 booked on the Fantasy in 2012, and other family members have booked 7506 and 7004. I can't wait to get a sense of these rooms.

That photo really makes me wonder about the corner rooms- the window placement is further in toward the center of the ship than I was thinking. Is there an access hallway (for CMs) inbetween 7504 and 7506 (the corner room and 9A on the side of the ship)? *Edited*- Just saw another deck plan. Looks like no hallway. Hmmm. Can't wait to see the pics!

ndpeirce
01-27-2011, 12:22 PM
We just booked the Fantasy for Summer 2012 and I am hoping someone will post pictures of the corner rooms - we, too, are in 7504...popcorn::

dursin
01-27-2011, 01:05 PM
We just booked the Fantasy for Summer 2012 and I am hoping someone will post pictures of the corner rooms - we, too, are in 7504...popcorn::
I think this thread shows what the corner rooms look like
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643168

HallsofVA
01-27-2011, 01:20 PM
In case you guys missed it, or need any help finding your 9A forward room, I updated this picture in the Special Rooms thread, post 1.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/b4c80003.jpg

HallsofVA
02-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Posted in the Special Rooms thread and Cross posting this here:

The Passporter folks just posted various pictures on facebook of rooms 8504 (Corner 9A room) and 8500 (Forward facing 9A room). I feel better about room 8006 now, but don't see where a 4th person would sleep, and my family of 4 has that room booked for our August Dream cruise.

Room 8504:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs897.ash1/180563_502165269054_165014214054_6234418_3425033_n .jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs762.ash1/165302_502162404054_165014214054_6234397_6243067_n .jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs253.snc6/180168_502164439054_165014214054_6234414_3278637_n .jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs045.snc6/167572_502164359054_165014214054_6234412_1308227_n .jpg
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs254.snc6/180228_502163914054_165014214054_6234410_4554768_n .jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs274.snc6/180228_502163414054_165014214054_6234408_4083824_n .jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs023.snc6/165344_502162179054_165014214054_6234395_3022241_n .jpg

Room 8500:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs790.ash1/168015_502158759054_165014214054_6234372_6380278_n .jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs265.snc6/179320_502157869054_165014214054_6234356_624076_n. jpg

BexD
02-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Hmm, not having a 4th bed concerns me too. I guess if we're really in a bind, I can just switch with my brother who will be in the cabin next door (8008). We're in 8006 on Sunday. I still don't see a privacy curtain, but the bed is tucked away enough that it might not be a problem.

HallsofVA
02-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Hmm, not having a 4th bed concerns me too. I guess if we're really in a bind, I can just switch with my brother who will be in the cabin next door (8008). We're in 8006 on Sunday. I still don't see a privacy curtain, but the bed is tucked away enough that it might not be a problem.

Do you have 4 people booked in room 8006, or were you just planning on sleeping 4 in it. Take lots of pictures for us! I'm curious if it really sleeps 4 or not. We actually have 4 booked in it. We've seen lots of people get pixie dust upgrades even when they had a 9A room assigned. I'm wondering if that's the reason.

I don't see a privacy curtain either, but at least the couch bed is further away from the main bed than in room 6006. That was way too close!

spaddy
02-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Room 8500:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs790.ash1/168015_502158759054_165014214054_6234372_6380278_n .jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs265.snc6/179320_502157869054_165014214054_6234356_624076_n. jpg

I am having trouble visualizing the rest of this room. If the couch is against the porthole how is the rest of the room laid out? I wonder if the couch is moved out of the way since it's an accessible room.

HallsofVA
02-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I am having trouble visualizing the rest of this room. If the couch is against the porthole how is the rest of the room laid out? I wonder if the couch is moved out of the way since it's an accessible room.

You can see the edge of the bed in the picture. I assume it's up against the right wall of the room. The bathroom is probably to one side as you enter the room. Shame they didn't get more pictures of it!

jmcdonnell04
02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
While on the MV of the Dream, we booked Cabin 8504 on the Fantasy for its second cruise on April 7th. We were going to check it out on disembarcation morning but forgot. It was just myself and DW on the Dream but we booked 4 for the Fantasy. The pictures show a much larger room but still have questions.

The couch is in the outcove but where does the other bed come from -- the ceiling over what?

Are the bathrooms split?

Where is the TV? The couch is set up to face the TV on std cabins but
the couch looks by itself in the outcove.

SEULATER -- we need your help?:wizard:

spaddy
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
You can see the edge of the bed in the picture. I assume it's up against the right wall of the room. The bathroom is probably to one side as you enter the room. Shame they didn't get more pictures of it!

It just seems like a very odd place for the couch.:rotfl: These rooms are much wider than the standard room and normally the couch would be parallel to the head of the bed. Is there something in the way that made them move the couch? I'm not in this particular room so I guess it doesn't matter I just can't help but try to figure out where the desk and TV would be. I don't think I would like this room very much because my son is a louder sleeper and that couch is really close to the other bed.:lmao:

HallsofVA
02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
It was just myself and DW on the Dream but we booked 4 for the Fantasy. The pictures show a much larger room but still have questions.

The couch is in the outcove but where does the other bed come from -- the ceiling over what?

Are the bathrooms split?

Where is the TV? The couch is set up to face the TV on std cabins but
the couch looks by itself in the outcove.

SEULATER -- we need your help?:wizard:

All good questions. The pictures posted show pictures of the split bath, so hopefully that answers the bath question. The rest of your questions, about the 4th bed and TV placement are yet to be answered.

HallsofVA
02-01-2011, 03:58 PM
It just seems like a very odd place for the couch.:rotfl: These rooms are much wider than the standard room and normally the couch would be parallel to the head of the bed. Is there something in the way that made them move the couch? I'm not in this particular room so I guess it doesn't matter I just can't help but try to figure out where the desk and TV would be. I don't think I would like this room very much because my son is a louder sleeper and that couch is really close to the other bed.:lmao:

They probably put the couch up against the front wall because they could, since the room was much wider. And since you're usually sitting on the couch, perhaps the slanted ceiling isn't that much of an issue. Helps them open up the floorplan!

BexD
02-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Do you have 4 people booked in room 8006, or were you just planning on sleeping 4 in it. Take lots of pictures for us! I'm curious if it really sleeps 4 or not. We actually have 4 booked in it. We've seen lots of people get pixie dust upgrades even when they had a 9A room assigned. I'm wondering if that's the reason.

I don't see a privacy curtain either, but at least the couch bed is further away from the main bed than in room 6006. That was way too close!

Yes, we have 4 booked in the room. Our 5 yr old twins and DH and I. I checked my reservation last night and it still says cabin 8006. I'm not getting my hopes up for pixie dust! Maybe because my TA booked our cabin and my brother's next door to one another in case we needed a babysitter nearby if DH and I wanted a date night.

HallsofVA
02-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Yes, we have 4 booked in the room. Our 5 yr old twins and DH and I. I checked my reservation last night and it still says cabin 8006. I'm not getting my hopes up for pixie dust! Maybe because my TA booked our cabin and my brother's next door to one another in case we needed a babysitter nearby if DH and I wanted a date night.

If you have 4 booked in the room, then the room will sleep 4, or DCL will move you if it doesn't. Hopefully the fact that you were able to book the room in the first place (and someone else reported just being able to book the room on the Fantasy for 4 as well) and have not been moved is an indication that there is a 4th bed. They won't put you in a room that doesn't sleep your entire party. I look forward to you solving the mystery if we don't get an answer before you sail!

Donald_Quackers
02-01-2011, 05:28 PM

I'm in 8502 on the April 21st cruise of the Fantasy. Will be looking for your report.

Theta
02-01-2011, 06:05 PM
We have 4 booked in 8006 as well on the Dream in June.

HallsofVA
02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
The person who stayed in 8504 (seaulator) confirmed that there is a 4th bed in room 8504. Here's what she wrote in answer to some of the questions:

"Answers to questions: no ceiling was not too low and the bunk bed is to the right of the master bed coming out of the ceiling where you can see the picture of the ship on the wall."

So it sounds like there is a bunk bed closer to the door, then the main bed, and the sofa bed is separate over by the window. So now I'm really not liking the layout, since it sounds like the kids will be in two separate places, and no easy way at all to block off their beds at night or during nap time.

But there is a lot of space in the room!

BexD
02-01-2011, 09:04 PM
any privacy curtain? That's kinda weird the beds are so far apart.

HallsofVA
02-01-2011, 09:14 PM
any privacy curtain? That's kinda weird the beds are so far apart.

I don't see one, but what would you be separating something from, when you have a single bed to either side of the main bed? After going through the range of emotions over these rooms, I'm back to being disappointed again after seeing how the beds are placed.

BexD
02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't see one, but what would you be separating something from, when you have a single bed to either side of the main bed? After going through the range of emotions over these rooms, I'm back to being disappointed again after seeing how the beds are placed.

Well, my girls are still small enough they could both sleep in the sofa bed and if there were a curtain there, we could block the light from them. Oh well, we'll make the best of it. We're going to be out of the ice and snow and in the sun soon!

griergirl2
02-01-2011, 09:48 PM
I want to see the rest of the room! Where in the world is the desk/TV in the room?? We are in 7504 on the Dream which I would think is just like 8504, but as we have seen so far, the rooms could also be very different :confused3 I think I am ok with the set up of the beds, I just don't know how in the world the rest of room is laid out!!

got2travel
02-01-2011, 10:55 PM
From what I've seen, I think the corner rooms would work for DS and I. Except that he prefers the ceiling beds, but we can get past that. But I can see where this layout would be an issue for a family of 4. We have a 9A GTY, so no telling where we will land in March.

Still curious about the desk and tv though.

Alexander
02-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm also curious where the desk, TV and coffee table are! We usually like to order room service and sit and watch TV while we eat. It doesn't look like we are going to be able to sit on the couch and watch TV! I don't like the idea of eating while sitting on the end of the bed!

Alexander
02-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Got it, got it, got it! Lots more pics of staterooms and especially those corner 9As.

Well, apparently I cannot put a link to those pictures. I just got a bunch of ********** what a loss for those looking for the pictures!

Theta
02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Got it, got it, got it! Lots more pics of staterooms and especially those corner 9As.

Well, apparently I cannot put a link to those pictures. I just got a bunch of ********** what a loss for those looking for the pictures!

Where did you find these? I am sure somewhere here could help you posting these.

Alexander
02-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Where did you find these? I am sure somewhere here could help you posting these.

In Google, I ran a search "Dream 9A Corner Rooms" and a blog popped up that has tons of pictures from several different stateroom categories. When I tried to post the link, I got all of those asteriks and the link would not work.

lucas
03-25-2011, 06:02 PM
We have been assigned 9A corner room 6006. Does anyone have pics or information on 6006?

It looks like there is deck area outside the deck 6 windows. Is that crew area outside of the windows!?

ETA: Just found this pic of 6006 location:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/b4c80003.jpg

mmouse37
03-25-2011, 09:44 PM
In Google, I ran a search "Dream 9A Corner Rooms" and a blog popped up that has tons of pictures from several different stateroom categories. When I tried to post the link, I got all of those asteriks and the link would not work.

If the link looks like this *********** that means the board filter blocked it as it is a banned website here.

MJ

lucas
03-25-2011, 10:24 PM
I just Googled the same and found the blog with lots of pics.

redsoxxfan
11-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Has anyone stayed in room 5515 on the dream? How was it?
Does Disney ever do comp upgrades at port at checkin?

over50visits
11-19-2013, 10:51 AM
I just booked a cruise on the Fantasy and it's one of the Cat 9A corner rooms in the front.

Does anyone have any information about these rooms? They seem oddly shaped.

Also, is this a connecting room?

I would appreciate any info. This is my second time booking a cruise but I haven't been on one yet (first cruise will be 2011 on the Dream - very :cool1:)

Thanks. :)
<deleted wrong room>