PDA

View Full Version : Can you make sense out of room assignment schedule?

GoofItUp
10-19-2010, 09:44 PM
We booked the Wonder MR cruise during KSF promo. We booked a OV Gty. We are a family of 4. At the same time my cousin and his family booked an OV Gty, family of 4 and my MIL booked a Verandah Gty, family of 2. Both my cousin and MIL have been assigned rooms, but we have not. None of us have made final pmt. I'm assuming they realize how very important DH and I are and are waiting to see if they can book us in the Walt Disney Suite. But just in case that is not it, does anyone else have any speculation as to why we would still not be assigned a room when the rest of our group is?

HallsofVA
10-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Were the other two rooms (that have received assignments) linked to each other but not to your reservation, and did they both end up in verandah rooms?

DCL does seem to assign GTY verandah rooms before assigning other rooms, since they seem to work backwards down the categories when assigning rooms. DCL has also seems to have made a special effort in recent years to keep GTY rooms together, especially when booked in the same category, when making GTY room assignments.

But if they didn't end up in the same category, or if they were linked to you and got rooms while you didn't, then I have no guess.

On the positive side, many say that the longer you wait for a room assignment, the better your chances of getting a higher pixie dust upgrade!

maria-fan-22
10-19-2010, 11:50 PM
They work form the suites down for categories and place all pre reserved rooms first. The they start with the top of the GTY list and fill up the highest category available and fill it up they do this until they have rum through everybody. Then they take whatever staterooms are leftover and try and sell those. I think! I really dont see any ryme or reason to how they do it. This is just a guess. pirate:

GoofItUp
10-20-2010, 10:51 AM
My cousin was assigned an OV room on deck 2. My MIL was assigned a Verandah room on deck 6. We are linked to my cousin's reservation, but I don't think I've linked us to my MIL's reservation yet. So I guess it's just :confused3:confused3:confused3!