PDA

View Full Version : Photography Onboard

NatsyNoo
10-19-2010, 04:16 PM
We aren't looking at having a DCL wedding but I will have my dress with us because we are getting married at WDW beforehand

But I'm now thinking that it would be beautiful to wear my wedding dress for some photos on board

1. Can I wear my dress onboard if I am not having a DCL wedding?

2. Has anyone had one of the pre-scheduled photo shoots on DCL? Can you give me an idea on price, and what it includes (the cd?)

3. Would I be allowed to wear my wedding dress for a scheduled photography session onboard?

Thanks!

Tami0220
10-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I would think you could wear what ever you want. Cant imagine them telling you you cant! As long as you are planning on buying photos I'm sure they will accommodate you

NatsyNoo
10-19-2010, 04:25 PM
I definitely would be looking to buy but only want to if I can have it in my wedding dress, think the photos would be amazing

I just know you're not allowed to wear them in Disney Parks so don't know if the same rule applies to DCL weddings, as I won't be paying the DCL wedding premium for the privilege of wearing my dress onboard

Does anyone else have any experience of this?

TorontoGirl
10-19-2010, 04:31 PM
I definitely would be looking to buy but only want to if I can have it in my wedding dress, think the photos would be amazing

I just know you're not allowed to wear them in Disney Parks so don't know if the same rule applies to DCL weddings, as I won't be paying the DCL wedding premium for the privilege of wearing my dress onboard

Does anyone else have any experience of this?

Can I just ask why you can't wear them in the parks?
Is it only for people who pay for the privledge?

PS - I think that would be an AWESOME way to "Trash the Dress" as the new tradition goes...too bad :sad2:

NatsyNoo
10-19-2010, 04:43 PM
It's because you can get mistaken for a princess I think (which is why fancy dress isn't generally allowed in the parks) and also because a MK wedding costs $10,000+ and the photo shoot for brides is $1300+ so you do pay for the privilege

That's why I am questionning this, as a DCL wedding is $2500, but we are having a wedding at Boardwalk (Sea Breeze Point) the week before our cruise

TorontoGirl
10-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm sure someone can answer you - if they don't I will ask on Sat - I am getting on my cruise and my friend and a DISboarder are both getting married on our trip! I will just casually ask if people not getting married on the ship can wear their dress on the ship and take pictures in their dress on the ship.

IDEA: Next year at MNSSHP - TRASH THE DRESS!!!!! They ENCOURAGE you to dress up - I saw full grown Gilda's, Cindy's and others!

NatsyNoo
10-19-2010, 04:51 PM
I can't trash the dress on my honeymoon as we are having a party back home in the UK after!
It's something I'd definitely consider for a return trip though! Any excuse huh!

That'd be great if you can ask, would really help!

TorontoGirl
10-19-2010, 04:55 PM
I can't trash the dress on my honeymoon as we are having a party back home in the UK after!
It's something I'd definitely consider for a return trip though! Any excuse huh!

That'd be great if you can ask, would really help!

Sounds like fun! I am heading back to DCL on Sep 1-7 B2B cruises, if I can do 2 weeks and catch the 1st MNSSHP I am DEF doing this! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I will check this thread to see if someone answered and if not them let you know!

NatsyNoo
10-20-2010, 01:59 PM
UPDATE!

As promised, posting an update following DCL's reply

They have advised that the private photography session would give me a chance to wear my wedding dress!!! So they've almost invited it!
The photography fee is $85, doesn't say how long that's for but I imagine it'll be 30-60 mins which should be plenty of time
I can then purchase photos or the CD from Shutters as normal
The CD for a 7 night cruise is $399 which I think will be worth it for us as we'll have tonnes of photos taken on board and on Castaway Cay as well as the portrait shots
So the whole thing will cost about $450 or so which is about what I was expecting

All I need to do is fax my request through to DCL with the details noted on their email, and it'll all get booked

Just need to pick a location but I wouldn't even know where to start but since we'll be cruising on the Fantasy, I doubt anyone will!! I want it to be outdoors though obviously as it's the sea that I'm really thinking will be most beautiful
Castaway Cay would be lovely but I want to spend that day enjoying the beach, not getting in and out of my dress!

So now you all know if any of you were interested in your own shoot for any reason in the future

jilljill
10-20-2010, 02:05 PM
UPDATE!

As promised, posting an update following DCL's reply

They have advised that the private photography session would give me a chance to wear my wedding dress!!! So they've almost invited it!
The photography fee is $85, doesn't say how long that's for but I imagine it'll be 30-60 mins which should be plenty of time
I can then purchase photos or the CD from Shutters as normal
The CD for a 7 night cruise is $399 which I think will be worth it for us as we'll have tonnes of photos taken on board and on Castaway Cay as well as the portrait shots
So the whole thing will cost about $450 or so which is about what I was expecting

All I need to do is fax my request through to DCL with the details noted on their email, and it'll all get booked

Just need to pick a location but I wouldn't even know where to start but since we'll be cruising on the Fantasy, I doubt anyone will!! I want it to be outdoors though obviously as it's the sea that I'm really thinking will be most beautiful
Castaway Cay would be lovely but I want to spend that day enjoying the beach, not getting in and out of my dress!

So now you all know if any of you were interested in your own shoot for any reason in the future

Thanks for sharing what you found out from DCL.

Here's a suggestion for pics. Why don't you do them the morning of Castaway Cay while you are on the ship? I think you are able to disembark around 9:15-9:30 and you could do pics just before that to maximize your time on CC. That way you will be able to have outside pics with the ocean and Castaway Cay in the background and then be able to enjoy most of the day at CC.

NatsyNoo
10-20-2010, 02:15 PM
That's a nice idea, thank you, will definitely consider that!

KingRichard
10-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Also think about late when the sun is going down. It may also provide you with the chance to take a few hundred of your own.

Are they really gone to force you off the decks with so many people watching?

NatsyNoo
10-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Also think about late when the sun is going down. It may also provide you with the chance to take a few hundred of your own.

Are they really gone to force you off the decks with so many people watching?

Sunset is nice too, if I pick the time right I could get the best of both!
I think being on deck shouldn't be a problem.
There's enough of it to feel we're not imposing!
And if people want to look, let them! I'm not bothered at all!