PDA

View Full Version : Beach in Nassau...anything comparable to Nachi Cocum?

lindaso
10-19-2010, 04:09 PM
I've been reading about the different beaches/resorts/day pass options for Nassau and I'm still not sure what to do for our Feb. Dream cruise. Last time on the Magic Western, we did Nachi Cocum and it was the best family vacation day we've ever had. Is there anything like that in Nassau?

I'm leaning toward the day pass at Wyndham/Sheraton but not totally convinced yet. My kids are 13, 11 & 8 and we are a beach family so we don't need major water activities. The whole Atlantis thing looks great but way too expensive for a family of 5.

Thanks for any input!!!

WiscBill
10-20-2010, 08:49 AM
We did the Wyndham/Sheraton last January. It is easy to get to by bus by following the directions that posted in the FAQ. You can get a day pass at the Wyndham for $40 per person which includes a buffet lunch. At the Sheraton, you can get a day for $100, no lunch. The Sheraton says the room is limited to two people, but others have reported that is not enforced. Although you can use either hotels pools and beaches, you need to pick up your towel at the hotel you get the day pass. We did the Wyndham passes. The buffet was fine with a modest selection of hot dishes, salads, pizza, and sandwiches. It included soft drinks.

When we went, there had been a cold snap in the Bahamas the week before. Only the main pool at the Sheraton was heated (no slide but a swim up bar). The pool at the Wyndham (which has a slide) and the smaller pools at the Sheraton are unheated and were too cold to swim in. Both hotels have beaches with chairs you can use. The Wyndham has a small cove for swimming. The Sheraton has the better beach with a swimming area behind a breakwater. My wife and daughter snorkeled since the ocean water was less chilly than the pools. We brought our own equipment but I think you could rent at one of the hotels.

It was a pleasant afternoon thanks to the heated pool at the Sheraton.