PDA

View Full Version : Weather for May cruise?

verygfy
10-19-2010, 12:56 PM
How is the weather for an end of May cruise in the Caribbean? I know the waters can get pretty chilly and this is one of the dates I am looking at for our 2012 cruise.

collectoraholic
10-19-2010, 01:23 PM
How is the weather for an end of May cruise in the Caribbean? I know the waters can get pretty chilly and this is one of the dates I am looking at for our 2012 cruise.

We've cruised @ that time of year twice before and the water was just fine. :thumbsup2 We've also gone & stayed @ the Atlantis in May before (Bahamas) & the water/weather there was great as well.

HTHs!:thumbsup2

verygfy
10-19-2010, 02:06 PM
We've cruised @ that time of year twice before and the water was just fine. :thumbsup2 We've also gone & stayed @ the Atlantis in May before (Bahamas) & the water/weather there was great as well.

HTHs!:thumbsup2

thank you so much. It looks like a great time to go, but I have read that the water can be so cold in the spring.

collectoraholic
10-19-2010, 02:08 PM
thank you so much. It looks like a great time to go, but I have read that the water can be so cold in the spring.

We've been in March & April as well. When we went in March, it was early and Castaway Cay was really windy that day and the water was a bit chilly, but as the day went on, it warmed up.

If you're worried about being cold, you can always wear a rash-gaurd and that will help cut down on the cold feeling. :thumbsup2 & Can help as a sun-protector to boot. ;)

Happy I could help!:thumbsup2

Kim&Chris
10-19-2010, 02:28 PM
We've cruised in twice in May. Each time, the water was a bit chilly at first, then just fine!

tigger2on
10-19-2010, 03:09 PM
I find the warmer the weather is out on the beach, the cooler the water will feel until you get used to it.
Been in May and in Feb... water felt the same. Cool until I got used to it!

catzle
10-19-2010, 03:35 PM
We went last Memorial weekend and the water was perfect, we stayed in the water all day and never got out except to eat. We are going the 15th this year two weeks earlier, I am hoping for the same temps.

tigger2on
10-19-2010, 03:37 PM
We went last Memorial weekend and the water was perfect, we stayed in the water all day and never got out except to eat. We are going the 15th this year two weeks earlier, I am hoping for the same temps.

Hi Catzle!
We're on the same boat!! :)

DISHUD
10-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Hey that makes 3 of us we will be there on the 15th as well