PDA

View Full Version : Calmer Waters: Mediterranean vs. Caribbean?

gpts@disney
10-19-2010, 09:00 AM
For those of who have cruised the Med, are the waters typically calmer than those in the Caribbean? We've been on 2 Western Caribbean's and are thinking of "testing the waters" of the Med, however we have one in our party who is prone to sea sickness. Thanks.

xangav
10-19-2010, 10:21 AM
For the most part the med did seem quite calm when we went in 2007. However, there was one day when a freak storm blew in and it got pretty choppy. That's when I took a kid's dramamine and it wasn't so bad. I'm really prone to motion sickness as well. Word of advice; stay away from drinks that dehydrate (wine and coffee) and drink more water. :thumbsup2

Eeyore3838
10-19-2010, 10:44 AM
I believe the Med is more calm than the Caribbean

NancyIL
10-19-2010, 10:44 AM
There is no way to predict sea conditions. If you are prone to motion sickness, as I am, TAKE DRUGS!

bats
10-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Come on over to Europe .. we'll try to keep the seas calm for your friend!;)

We went through the Bay of Biscay this past July and it was a little choppy, but the other Med cruises don't go near it ... give it a whirl and, as others have said, take some tablets if you feel it may be a problem.

Europe is waiting for you!!:thumbsup2

SplashMountainManiac
10-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Aside from a large storm on our last sea day, the Med was so calm that we never knew we were on a ship. Of course, if any storms roll through, the waters can get rough really fast. Overall, I would say that our Caribbean cruises have been much bumpier then the Med.

sayhello
10-19-2010, 02:04 PM
The water was pretty choppy for most of my Med cruise this past May. There were a couple of days where it was calm (like the extra sea day where they seemed to turn the engines off for a while between Civitavecchia & La Spezia) but for most of it, my stomach was very unsettled, even with the patch. The first few days, people were walking like they were drunk.

Sayhello