PDA

View Full Version : Package Deals

MickeyMcMouse
09-03-2002, 02:58 AM
Was watching some of the many travel channels on sky and noticed some "silly" prices for packages ie flight & accomodation, which seemed much cheaper than some of the flight only deals that I could find on the internet.

Can you take one of these deals and not use the accomodation part ( ie book a 2 star deal but not use the accomodation and use your points to stay at a dvc resort ), and has anyone attempted this.

Just wondering now about the increase in security - do they check up in any way that you are using the accom that you are allocated ?

thanks

David :D

Hilary
09-03-2002, 09:16 AM
I know friends who have done this on European packages. They got a bargain flight + accommodation but didn't use the accommodation provided. As far as I know there were no repercussions.

I don't see why this should be any different in the US, but the point you make about security is an interesting one and I wonder whether anyone else knows more.

WebmasterPenny
09-03-2002, 10:03 AM
I don't see any problem with the address. There is a place on the Green Visa Waiver form where you have to put where you are staying...as long as that bit is correct I don't see what difference it would make.