PDA

View Full Version : I was just reading

NHMickey
09-01-2002, 08:52 AM
on Larrys site that someone had gotten a few of the new Disney Store pins and they were backstaped 3000. Has anyone else seen this? What do you think of this? I like it. I think it will really help with store trading. How about you?:D

we3luvdisney
09-01-2002, 09:28 AM
I agree, it may help with store trading. However, I have always felt that the Disney Store pins were never that attractive.

Mickey7811
09-01-2002, 09:29 AM
It seems the store might be getting with the program now.

I think it is a great idea too - but I think they should make this information known.

Let's see what happens.

Darlene

NHMickey
09-01-2002, 09:39 AM
I just saw it on Dizpins as well...

Obi-Wan Pinobi
09-01-2002, 10:11 AM
I read this on Dizpins the other night about the Alice pin. Lauri and I went to our local DS yesterday to check it out. They still hadn't put out the new pins and they were in the back. The manager brought us out a couple of the Alice pins. We looked, and sure enough, they read "Limited Edition of 3000."

We showed the manager and she asked "are they all like that?" (she even admits we know more about what's going on with the pins than she does ;) ) We only knew of the one, so she brought the new pins out and we found one more -- Marie from Aristocats -- stamped "Limited Edition of 3000."

I think it's one way for the Stores to generate some more interest in the upcoming Store pins. I'm split on if the home office should inform the stores ahead of time which pins are LE. On one hand, that info will certainly leak out and ruin the surprise; on the other hand, it would be nice for the store managers and CMs to know so they can tell guests which ones are LE and they aren't opening all the pins looking for the LEs.

The Disney Stores need to liven up the in-store trading. Here, it's pretty much non-existent. The nights Lauri and I have gone recently no one has been there. What the Disney Stores need are lanyard pins of their own like WDW. That way the guests HAVE to be there Tuesday night for trading. Other than that, move it to the weekends -- maybe a couple of hours after opening on Saturday or Sunday. The weeknight thing isn't that convenient for everyone, especially after working all day.

NHMickey
09-01-2002, 11:13 PM
I would like to see a Disney Store "Mystery Pin". I think that would be good for all of us away from the parks....

taysalyn
09-01-2002, 11:29 PM
Hey Nat and Obi, those are great ideas. I havn't been to my local DS for pin trading because I knew that the CMs don't trade. Since I'm not a "supertrader" I don't consider myself to have good trades. Therefore, I don't think I would make any unless I could trade with the CMs. Giving the CMs lanyards to trade with would a nice thing. They could send pins from both parks to CMs and that would make it a little easier for people that aren't able to get to the parks. I know Disney would rather have the people at the park, (more money) but they do have to realize that most people spend money closer to home and would be willing to purchase more pins and other items if there was a reason, such as a possibility of getting a park pin.

Ya know what I mean?

eye R.N.
09-02-2002, 08:17 AM
Saturdays are so Zoolike at TDS, I can't imagine the traders there too (since they spread out on the entire back counter some weeks). Sunday's would be good. I think it depends on the individual store. It would be nice if the store management could make that decision. Our CM's take store lanyards with them on their trips and trade out all the pins looking for the lanyard seris to bring back to the Guest.

I love the idea of a mystery pin.

As for LE's this had been tried at Gallery stores and made great traders when they went on sale. But hey, maybe the timing was wrong and it's time to try again.