PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Broker/Dealer in Disney Collectibles

indigo
08-31-2002, 07:25 PM
We have a few high-priced extremely limited Disney Collectibles that we're looking to sale. However, we don't want to go the Ebay route. So we're looking for a well-connected broker who can find a buyer for our items on a commission basis.

Post here or PM me if you have any leads.

Thanks

Indigo

SueEllen
08-31-2002, 09:31 PM
I know you said you didn't want to go the ebay route, but did you ever consider listing the pieces here with the new DIS auctions? The first 30 days of the auctions are fee free for listing/selling. You can set a reserve so that if you don't get what you want out of the sale, you don't sell it.

DIS Auctions Link (http://disboards.com/cgi-bin/auction/main.pl)

I don't know of any brokers, but best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Sue Ellen

Cheshire Figment
09-01-2002, 02:23 PM
A very high reputation broker of Disneyana is Martha from Disneyana Exchange. Look at disneyanaexchange.com

You set the amount you want to receive. She adds a 10% commission and then lists the item both on the web site and her monthly newsletter. If she has more than one of an item, she uses the policy of lowest price sells first; if multiple people list at same price she then considers first to be listed as first to sell.

She charges buyers 10% over listed price plus shipping.

When contacted by a person who wants to buy, she will then contact the lister to verify that they still have the item for sale. She tells the seller to ship item to her. She tells the buyer to send money. When the item arrives she examines it to make sure it is as described, undamaged, and with any applicable certificates, accessories, etc. When payment clears (or immediately if credit card) she then ships (with insurance) to buyer.

If a buyer purchases multiple items, she waits until she has all on hand before she ships.

About a week after buyer receives item, if no complaints, she then sends a check to the seller.

She will normally send one newsletter as a free sample. Annual subscription to the newsletter at $30.00 is mandatory to list items.

direct link to for-profit site removed by moderator

indigo
09-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Thanks. I'll check them out again. However, I think I'm looking for someone who deals in upper-end collectibles (think 5 or more figures).

Anybody else have any contacts?

TheLionKing
09-01-2002, 05:57 PM
You could try Howard Lowery at Howard Lowery Galleries

He has been involved with animation art, Disneyana and comic book art formany years. He is located in Burbank. I have bought several animation pieces form him. His reputation is fairly good.

His web site is not quite up and running but there is an email address to contact him.

He does sell through Ebay, but he used to do his own private auctions.

Other auctions houses to consider would include Sotheby's and Christies for such high end items.

link to direct for profit site removed by moderator