PDA

View Full Version : Confused about themes of upcoming cruises

pinhopper
08-31-2002, 12:18 PM
I originally understood the theme of the November, 2002 Disney pin cruise to feature Peg-leg Pete kidnapping Captain Mickey. And I have seen photos of pin prototypes showing Pete with each of the Fab 5.

And... I originally understood the theme of the May, 2003 WDCC cruise to feature Peter Pan.

But... a photo of a pin display from the Disneyana Mystery 2002 event shows a set of Peter Pan pins above the caption of "November 17, 2002 cruise" (or something like that).

So...has the Peg-leg Pete theme been scrapped, and are both cruises featuring Peter Pan now? Did anyone talk to a WDW cast member at Disneyana about this?

NHMickey
09-01-2002, 11:08 PM
WDCC was planing a cruise? Hmm... Maybe there was a mix up with some info...

Dom13
09-02-2002, 08:50 AM
This does sound like an error/typo. At Disneyana the WDAC/WDCC had all sorts of literature about the May cruise. It is themed to Peter Pan and includes a VERY nice low LE sculpture of Peter from the closing scenes of the movie. I know I will need this sculpture but doubt I will be able to go on the cruise. I also seem to remember seeing somewhere down there artwork of the Pete pins from the cruise and thinking "I need those" too!

ScottakaMickey
09-02-2002, 08:54 AM
Well according to the very reliable, yeah right, Disney Pin site. The theme of the Nov Cruise is still a rescue Mickey theme.

I think that the Disneyana preview was in error, or people assumed that it was cruise related and therefore info for the next cruise and not the WDCC cruise. Just a Guess.