PDA

View Full Version : Duffy Showcase

WEDWDW
09-19-2010, 11:10 AM
It appears that Duffy is going to give Nemo some competition for "most visible" Character at WDW.:)

Reports are that:
Port of Entry will be rethemed ENTIRELY as a Duffy store.

ALL Kidcot Fun Stops in World Showcase will be themed for Duffy.

There will be "picture spots" for Duffy in all WS Pavilions.

There will be a Duffy cartoon series produced especially for WDW resort television.

WOW!Here comes Duffy!:)

FigNewton
09-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Too much too soon. >_<

patty57
09-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Opening myself up to ridicule here...who is Duffy?

Dan Murphy
09-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Opening myself up to ridicule here...who is Duffy?A worked over Disney Bear, a new source of revenue.

http://micechat.com/forums/tokyo-disney-resort/118708-story-duffy-disney-bear-pictures.html

http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75994

Mickey's Best Girl
09-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Opening myself up to ridicule here...who is Duffy?

You're not alone.... I opened this thread because I have no idea who Duffy is.

WEDWDW
09-19-2010, 12:11 PM
You're not alone.... I opened this thread because I have no idea who Duffy is.
I only knew because I am a TOTAL "WDW GEEK"!LOL:)

I never thought I would be,but I just feel in love with WDW on my first trip in 2003.:)

I may need a 12 step program!LOL;):)

yulilin3
09-19-2010, 12:46 PM
It appears that Duffy is going to give Nemo some competition for "most visible" Character at WDW.:)

Reports are that:
Port of Entry will be rethemed ENTIRELY as a Duffy store.

ALL Kidcot Fun Stops in World Showcase will be themed for Duffy.

There will be "picture spots" for Duffy in all WS Pavilions.

There will be a Duffy cartoon series produced especially for WDW resort television.

WOW!Here comes Duffy!:)

You forgot to mention a Duffy facebook page, a Duffy popcorn Bucket, Duffy mug, Duffy outfits for every world showcase country and every holiday, we were at the AP event yesterday and I ended up being anti-Duffy, he's cute and all but it felt like they were shoving him down my throat, like: "Hey if the people in Japan wait hours to take a picture with Duffy you WILL love him too"
ugh!!

Joy2theWorld
09-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Will this be in place by the end of November? I purchased a lot of the Mickey's Bear items when I was younger and I'm excited to see him reappear even if the story, name, etc... is different!

mymouse
09-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Will this be in place by the end of November? I purchased a lot of the Mickey's Bear items when I was younger and I'm excited to see him reappear even if the story, name, etc... is different!

Grand opening is set for October 14th!

Berlioz70
09-19-2010, 02:36 PM
I believe it's a five year test to see how Guests respond. If there is little to no reponse he may not last that whole five years.

However, he's got a long way to go to catch up to Stitch (the most common Non-VIP Character). Once he gets an attraction, character meal, and a meet and greet at all four parks, plus a water park, then we can call him a big deal. LOL!

I'm excited to see the theming with Duffy around the World Showcase. Hopefully it will increase interest for kids trying to "collect" Duffy kidcot stuff while educating them about all the different countries around the World Showcase. I love the impact Kim Possible had on the World Showcase and hope Duffy can ignite some similar responses.

WEDWDW
09-19-2010, 05:27 PM
You forgot to mention a Duffy facebook page, a Duffy popcorn Bucket, Duffy mug, Duffy outfits for every world showcase country and every holiday, we were at the AP event yesterday and I ended up being anti-Duffy, he's cute and all but it felt like they were shoving him down my throat, like: "Hey if the people in Japan wait hours to take a picture with Duffy you WILL love him too"
ugh!!
And Duffy will have his own theme song!:)

It is a shame they are doing such a low-key roll-out for ole Duff!:)

ambertides
09-19-2010, 05:40 PM
I remember... and kinda miss... when Figment was EVERYWHERE in Epcot.

freepixie
09-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Very excited to hear this!!! :goodvibes

Now we just need to get on board with Shellie May and we're all good!!

Brenbren
09-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Any mention of Shellie May at these events? Just curious if they will be selling Shellie May merchandise at the Duffy store in Epcot.

Cupcake2008
09-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Any mention of Shellie May at these events? Just curious if they will be selling Shellie May merchandise at the Duffy store in Epcot.

The first two cast members I asked about Shellie May had no idea who she was! The third guy said that they would wait and see how Duffy was received before bringing her over from Japan. :confused3 I guess Duffy will be single over here in America for a while.

WEDWDW
09-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Just a little info about the WS Kidcot Fun Stops.

The "Masks on a Stick" will be replaced by "Duffy on a Stick" with different Duffy stamps in each WS Pavilion.:)

DutchsMommy
09-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Any word on DUFFy beer?

+Rosetta+
09-20-2010, 08:12 PM
I hope he will be a hit with more than the visitors from Asia b/c he really is adorable. I love the product they have over in Tokyo :goodvibes