PDA

View Full Version : New Disney Store Series

RweTHEREyet
08-27-2002, 09:55 PM
I was in my store tonight and got a sneak peek at the new "Music" series to start at the Disney Stores in September. I think they are the prettiest collection they have sold yet. I found them to be as attractive as say any $10.50-$12.50 pin at WDW, and each one that i checked had a $4.50 price on the back. I am not sure what day they start to be released, but I was very, very impressed. This, from someone who swore they would not stand in line for another series again, I will probably have to eat my words.

we3luvdisney
08-27-2002, 10:01 PM
Will you stand in line for we3?;)

n2mm
08-28-2002, 06:55 AM
Stand in line for me too! I will buy whatever is leftover when I get to the store, but refuse to do Saturday mornings again!

BeautyLLM
08-28-2002, 07:30 AM
I also swore no more Saturdays, but some of them are Beauty and the Beast pins....oh well, who needs sleep anyway?

KathiWithAnI
08-28-2002, 07:44 AM
The pins are VERY VERY nice :) and the price is super! I think I will be doing the line thing again ;)

3kids4me
08-28-2002, 08:13 AM
Is there a link to these? This is the first I'm hearing about a "music" series....and if they involve instruments in some way I would love to have them!

RweTHEREyet
08-28-2002, 08:16 AM
Don't know what the deal is yet as far as how many you can get or how many released at one time. I can honestly say that I have been totally unimpressed with this last series and have only bought the ones that really caught my eye, but these new ones are just too attractive for the price to pass up. Not sure of how many each store will receive either. It looks to me like they have finally gotten their act together on what will bring people in to buy pins again.

Sorcerer
08-28-2002, 09:10 AM
Here's what we were told at the convention:

Each series will have four pins. Each TDS will receive a random selection of those four pins (some stores might get just one style, some might get more). For example: The Ariel series plays a tune from The Little Mermaid (can't recall which one). Each pin has Ariel pictured with a different character, for a total of four pins in the series. Each pin in the series plays the same song.

I saw a Marching Band Mickey series, Ariel, BatB, don't recall which others. Wish I had brought a digital camera with me!! They are very well done, high quality...you'll love them! This is definitely going to increase trading on a local level...we only have two TDS in our area - do I see more regional pin meets in our future?

KathiWithAnI
08-28-2002, 10:35 PM
Now I'm confused.... the pins we saw did not play any music, they were only musical in theme ...
Rwe, did I miss something? I thought we even mentioned that night that they didn't play a song.......

Oh and Jonie.. there is one that will be an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE for you ;) ;) ;) ;)

Kathi

Parkhopper
08-29-2002, 05:35 AM
Dizneypins has information and MANY pictures of those pins in the series including pictues of the pins that Sorcerer is referring to.

Luv2Roam
08-29-2002, 06:19 AM
I wondered how a musical pin could sell for $15 in the park, and less than $5 in the store. :confused: Makes more sense. That's okay. Who really wants another pin with non replaceable batteries?

Dizneypins.com
08-29-2002, 06:37 AM
Magical Musical Moments Pin Series (http://www.dizneypins.com/DSMagMusMom.htm)

Luv2Roam
08-29-2002, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the link! They look GOOD! :bounce:

RweTHEREyet
08-29-2002, 08:04 AM
Kathi, you are right, none we saw actually played any music, just were music themed. Not to say that some of them won't play music, but none we saw so far did.

Also, the No. 1 pin did not look like it will be the hot commodity that the No. 1 pin of each of the last two series were. May be wrong, just my prediction.

And these pins, unlike the last series, are numbered, so does that mean based on what Sorcerer said that we will not get each and every number?

Sorcerer
08-29-2002, 09:22 AM
OK, now even I'm confused :)

I don't know anything about the pins that don't play music except that they exist...but I didn't look too much at those during the convention. The ones that play music captured all of my attention!

Glad Larry's on the case so we can all stay in the loop. We haven't gotten any in our store yet - I see that the packaging is different according to Larry's pics. And now that I've looked at his pics I understand what the deal is.

The Special Song Pins are the ones I referred to above...those are the ones that will be randomly distributed. The ones that don't play music will be available at all the stores. Yippee!!