PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century vs. POFQ

nurse27
09-06-2010, 03:06 PM
We have a trip coming up in December. We are trying to decide if we should stay at Pop Century or POFQ. What do yall think? Thanks!

JerseyJanice
09-06-2010, 03:24 PM
These are our two favorite Disney resorts and for the same reason--both are "compact" with a single bus stop. For the most part, any room you'd get at Pop or POFQ is fairly central to the bus stop and food court and other amenities.

Both are great places to stay, but right now, I think Pop has the edge because its rooms are freshly refurbished. By December, all Pop rooms should have new carpet, paint, beds and TVs. I've seen it posted here that many POFQ rooms are currently pretty rundown.

The one feature POFQ has that might be significant to me is the hot tub. If it's a cold December, you'll want one. To me, the marina and boat to Downtown are wonderful, but not a deal breaker. I prefer a new room.

Good luck with your decision! :tinker: I'm sure you'll have a great trip at either resort.

::Snow_White::
09-06-2010, 03:29 PM
We actually got to upgrade to POFQ for one night of our trip in July and then spent the rest of the time at Pop. It's a very hard decision and I love both resorts. I loved that they have a ferry to DTD from POFQ. It's nice, quiet, beautiful, and the rooms are okay, but as a previous poster said, they seem a bit rundown.

If I had to choose again I think I'd stay at pop just because it makes me feel like I'm really in disney. The food court is amazing, and the designs are bright and fun! I guess I think that POFQ reminds me of just a regular vacation and while it's nice, it just doesn't feel like Disney to me. The only bad thing I have to say about Pop is that it can be a little loud at night because of how many people are there and you might have to walk quite a ways to the food court.

Whatever your choice, I'm sure you'll be happy with either! Have fun!

chocovrdmicears
09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
We have stayed at both and our family prefers POP.

POFQ is a small, and quaint with very little Disney-fied theming. (which can be a good thing or a bad thing;)) The pool is fun. We didn't enjoy the food court at all. The bus system was very good. Our room was a little *tired*. The paint was chipping in the tub and the room wasn't the cleanest. We enjoyed the boat to DTD.
POP is obviously much larger. We have always found the rooms immaculate. The pools don't have slides but are much bigger and handle the masses better. The food court is one of (if not the) best on property in terms of offerings/selections and quality. We love the over the top Disney theming. It is a bright, bold, fun, clean resort. We used the bus system there once in Dec, but prefer to rent a car.