PDA

View Full Version : 2 ?'s re: poly club level (BEER & FIREWORKS)

disneydave2003
09-06-2010, 02:02 PM
how crowded does the lounge in the hawaii building get during the morning/afternoon/night offerings and more importantly,does it get crowded for the fireworks? thinking of upgrading to club level next september or august.

and what is kind of alcohol do they have? do they have frozen drinks or possibly the lapu lapu? do they leave their special punch and beers out or do you have to ask for them? what kind of beer is available, Heineken, Bud, Bud Light??

vicki_c
09-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Beer & wine and a wine punch are the alcoholic offerings - some basic domestic beer, maybe 2 kinds, is all I remember plus a Hawaiian beer of some kind. There are no mixed drinks or frozen drinks. The punch is in a bowl on the serving area in the evening, beer you have to ask for.

It can get quite crowded in the lounge at prime breakfast hours, and also at prime dinner hour. Other times it's not very crowded.

I have never actually watched fireworks from the lounge because we chose to go to the beach or stay on our patio and watch.

Mamu
09-06-2010, 02:33 PM
how crowded does the lounge in the hawaii building get during the morning/afternoon/night offerings and more importantly,does it get crowded for the fireworks? thinking of upgrading to club level next september or august.

and what is kind of alcohol do they have? do they have frozen drinks or possibly the lapu lapu? do they leave their special punch and beers out or do you have to ask for them? what kind of beer is available, Heineken, Bud, Bud Light??

We did CL in February AKL and October and February Poly, there are certain times it's very crowded, other times not to bad. We always got a seat though. I'm not sure what time they put out the beer, never drink it. They do have a choices of wine with the appetizers, and in the evening dessert time there are cordial ( Irish Cream, Kahula and a few others) No mixed drinks.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
09-06-2010, 08:07 PM
When we stayed Club Level at the Polynesian in December 2007 while there was a good number of guests eating breakfast in the lounge when we did, they also have a lot of tables and getting one was never an issue. I would also say it was the same when eating the hot food offerings from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM. As for crowds during the fireworks I don't remember seeing a huge number of them to make a difference.

Polydweller
09-06-2010, 08:13 PM
We've never had a time when we couldn't get a table though it can be busy at prime times as stated. There are a few different beers though you do have to ask.

Because half the building can see the fireworks from their balcony or patio the lounge is not crowded at those times.