View Full Version : Cancelling the Poly

09-06-2010, 01:32 PM
If anyone is interested, I'm cancelling my Poly room for Sept 25 thru Oct 1 in a few minutes. It's just a garden view.


The worst part of it that the cancellation is due to work and with my schedule and my DH's schedule, there won't be another chance for me to go to Disney until NEXT September.

09-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Aww I am sorry you have to cancel :hug:

09-06-2010, 01:42 PM
That's a bummer. Maybe between now and then you can add something to your trip that you weren't planning on doing this year.

09-06-2010, 01:55 PM
So sorry you have to cancel! I know how bad that feels. But think of it as a postponement instead of a cancellation. Can you go ahead and book the hotel for next year, so you have something concrete to look forward to?

Don't lose hope between now and then. Sometimes schedules work out at the last minute for a long weekend. I've been known to book as close as three days out if an opportunity presents itself.

09-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the sympathy! DISers understand!

We're definitely going, it's just WHEN. I might could go the first week of March, maybe, but that's right in the middle of the best weather for digging. (I do avocational archaeology.)

I am definitely booking a LONGER trip next time year. I'll wait until discounts come out (we like to dine in Orlando where we can get real Brazilian and Ethopian and German and Cuban - none of which we can get at home - so free dining isn't really our thing.) hopefully, or book a DVC at the Boardwalk from someone on the boards if the discounts aren't good. We booked 6 nights, with one day for Universal. Next trip is 8 nights with 2 days Universal and a day for a water park/bumming around the resort/shopping at the Outlets and DTD.

09-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm very sorry you have to cancel.


it looks like you have a possible plan for the near future. Focus on that.

Sounds like you have a very interesting and unusual job.

Sometimes these cancellations are inevitable. ;)