PDA

View Full Version : First choice and park ticket vouchers

Marks281172
09-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Quick question...

We have booked our park tickets through First Choice/Attraction world and im told we will get vouchers rather than actual tickets that we need to exchange at the park for real tickets.

The problem is, with us arriving at the tail end of Thanksgiving, we dont plan to go to a park until we hit MK on Tuesday. We do plan to go to Disneyquest and Blizzard Beach before hand tho.

Anyone have any idea if you can exchange vouchers for tickets at Disneyquest or do we need to make an extra trip to one of the parks? I dont really want to pay $12 parking just to exchange some vouchers :)

ta

wayneg
09-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Are you staying onsite or offsite?

Onsite you will get your tickets included on your Room Key card.

Offsite you can exchange at any park or Downtown Disney. We usually exchange at Marketplace (next to Team Disney) but you can exchange somewhere on Westside, might well be DisneyQuest or it will be close by if not there, I have never looked for guest services on Westside.

penlanspice
09-06-2010, 08:24 AM
We were told the same thing when we travelled with first choice in May, when we arrived at Sandford our voucher for the tickets was in with our documents for the hotel (we were worried we would have to go to a welcome meeting).
You can exchange them at any of the guest relations as normal, including DTD location, it's not at disney quest but guest relations. It should only take you a few minutes and not really that much of a hassle.

Marks281172
09-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Excellent thanks guys.

Not getting the vouchers till you get to Sanford sounds a bit iffy though.. not sure i like that.

zippy99
09-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Sorry to be negative here - but when we travelled with First Choice we were told tickets could be collected on arrival - on arrival at sanford they said we could collect our tickets at our welcome meeting - scheduled for the evening after our arrival! Fortunately the staff at pop century gave us comp tickets so we didnot miss out.

I was disgusted with first choice - it is all a ploy to make you attend their welcome meeting so they can sell excursions.

I would never book with them again after that - hopefully they are better now - maybe worth calling them - considering how much we pay for tickets we should get them straight away not when the agent fancies.

Sorry to share bad thoughts but hopefully it may be useful and you can speak to them beforehand

Marks281172
09-06-2010, 02:27 PM
yup gonna pop in there on Friday and see whats what... i can work around it if im feeling co operative, but if they say we have to attend the welcome meeting i think i will ask for a refund and just get the tickets elsewhere.

If only for the reason if i pay for a 14 day flex ticket or 14 days ultimate pass.. i want to be able to use it for 14 days.. not 13 :)

Trixster
09-07-2010, 03:14 AM
We travelled with FC this year and they said that we should pick up our vouchers at the welcome meeting which as a PP has pointed out is not ideal if you want to get to the parks for rope drop.

We made a big issue of this and phoned FC directly and explained the situation. They agreed (reluctantly) to have the vouchers for us when we reached Sanford airport. To be fair, they were there when we arrived and as Wayned pointed out you can exchange them at DTD.

I would never use this system again with FC and will buy my park tickets (actual tickets, not vouchers) from one of the reputable vendors that are posted on these boards.

Trixster
09-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Quick question...

Anyone have any idea if you can exchange vouchers for tickets at Disneyquest or do we need to make an extra trip to one of the parks? I dont really want to pay $12 parking just to exchange some vouchers :)

ta

The price of parking was $14 this year!

2Tiggies
09-07-2010, 03:42 AM
I was disgusted with first choice - it is all a ploy to make you attend their welcome meeting so they can sell excursions.

Agreed. I think it is more a case of them leading you to believe it is the only option, rather than it being the only option. Those meetings are all the same - generally a promotion for their business. I have never been to one and could probably quite accurately describe the whole process. :rolleyes1

Marks281172
09-07-2010, 04:18 AM
Well just spoke to Lorraine at First Choice in Welwyn Garden City who assured me we would be issued with the vouchers for our tickets before we travel.

We shall see.. if i dont get them in good time before hand they will be hearing from me.. and possibly my crazy aunt who takes things back to shops for me and generally comes out with twice as much as i originally bought :)

Like others tho, i wouldnt dream of doing this again and have no idea why i did it this time... possibly as im better off than i have been in the past i got lazy as could afford to be a little.