PDA

View Full Version : What do you watch on the TV in your room?

skipperkim
09-05-2010, 08:19 PM
I usually keep it on the channel that has what time the parks are opening and other info. I love the music on it.

lilclerk
09-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Depends on what I'm doing. If it's early morning and I'm getting ready to go to the parks, I'll watch Stacy. If it's mid-day and I'm taking a break, I'll try to find something funny on. At night when I'm winding down, I watch/listen to that park hours channel. That music is fantastic!

Abra Cat
09-05-2010, 08:34 PM
We watch "The Stacy Channel.":happytv:

j&j620
09-05-2010, 08:48 PM
DH and I have recently developed a love for Phineas and Ferb, so we had Disney XD on quite a bit during our last trip :blush:

llrjerseygirl
09-05-2010, 08:53 PM
I keep it on the Stacey channel til someone threatens to leave the room! :goodvibes

AlohaPolynesian
09-05-2010, 08:56 PM
I shared a room with my brother a few years ago and made him let me sleep with the TV on the channel with park hours. I just can't get enough of that music!!!! He thought I was nuts, though.

sdoll
09-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I think this is the most annoying thing about the rooms. When our kids go to bed we have nothing to watch. I really wish the rooms had Pay Per View disney movies. I would think they would rake in money on that. At least fro our family.

pixarmom
09-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Stacy. Everyone complains, but I don't see anyone changing the channel. When we arrived at the Grand Californian hotel at DL last month, my husband and two older boys asked if they would have the Stacy channel there, too. :)

guitarob
09-05-2010, 09:16 PM
There's a TV in the room?

:lmao:

magchavez
09-05-2010, 09:20 PM
We never turn on the tv in the room. There's too much else to do.

Jillinwonderland
09-05-2010, 09:40 PM
In the morning and right before bed, weather channel
in morning after weather it goes to either disney for some cartoons or shows. If it is nothing i like then the stacey channel.
if I am in the room midday its stacy channel.
back at night during showers and wind-down time whatever is on.

Mostly stacey channel till I get sick of her.

OnlyDisney
09-05-2010, 09:54 PM
What is this Stacey channel everyone is talking about?

dbarker
09-05-2010, 09:58 PM
We watch the channel w/ the cartoon loop. :lmao:

AJKMOM
09-05-2010, 10:00 PM
We watch Stacy, who is the host of a program that shows the highlights from WDW- park rides, restaurants, waterparks, etc. The show runs continously. She is borderline annoying the first time around, and it gets worse every hour.

I miss the program that had the line "It's your Zip-a-dee-do-dah tip for the day". I liked that girl better.

OnlyDisney
09-05-2010, 10:04 PM
We watch the channel w/ the cartoon loop. :lmao:

I thought there wasn't a channel that showed cartoons in the rooms?

Teacher510
09-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Stacy for us but I miss the old more fun Stacy "show."

cluvsdisney
09-05-2010, 10:14 PM
I think this is the most annoying thing about the rooms. When our kids go to bed we have nothing to watch. I really wish the rooms had Pay Per View disney movies. I would think they would rake in money on that. At least fro our family.

ITA!! I am a total night owl/insomniac and Disney TV is form of torture for me. They even got rid of the Lifetime channels. :sad2: Now I bring my laptop and stream movies or old TV shows from Netflix.

mmesalmon
09-05-2010, 10:15 PM
phineas and ferb on disney xd....may very well be the BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!

ToddyLu
09-05-2010, 10:17 PM
:love: DH loves the Stacy show...so he alternates between that and the park hours....yeah that Pooh tune is very catchy. I personally liked the Not-a-Zoo commercial better. Stacy has grown on me over the years....I just wish they would bring back her top 7 picks.

"Es pretzel, unt beer" "Yummy, yummy, yummy" , DH just came in a quoted the commercial for me.....and yet I'm the one addicted to Disney...:confused3

Jillinwonderland
09-05-2010, 10:22 PM
What is this Stacey channel everyone is talking about?

It's the channel "Top ten things to do/see at WDW" with the host Stacey.

lilclerk
09-05-2010, 10:41 PM
I thought there wasn't a channel that showed cartoons in the rooms?

It appears some resorts still have it. I know ASMovies does, and a few others I can't name off the top of my head.

Nene1231
09-05-2010, 10:47 PM
I watch the weather channel so I can plan accordingly if it is going to rain or et a little chilly at night and pack the kids some jackets. I also watch the theme park channel for sure as that is one thing i look forward to.

lulupethybridge
09-05-2010, 11:03 PM
The Stacy channel for us. :cool1:
Weather Channel in the early AM and just before bedtime. Like to know what are days are going to be like so we can plan accordingly.

arbolita
09-05-2010, 11:49 PM
We also go with the Stacey channel. It pretty much became a running joke our entire trip last year, where one of us would walk in the room, reach for the remote and say, "I wonder what the Must Do's are today?" :happytv:

doggydoc
09-05-2010, 11:54 PM
There's a TV in the room?

:lmao:

Apparently. I know there are beds and a bathroom but other than that I can't confirm or deny. I'll have to take a closer look next week when we are there. ;)

dyna
09-06-2010, 03:32 AM
We just got back from 7 nights at one of the disney resorts NEVER turned on the tv in the room

fla4fun
09-06-2010, 08:47 AM
When I'm getting ready in the morning, I put the local news on to get the weather forecast (prefer it to the Weather Channel, since it's what I'm used to). When I visit in September, I bring a few DVD's with me in case of a tropical weather system. Otherwise, if I want to watch TV, I just channel surf until I find something that catches my eye. Since they took Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Channel off their tv lineup, it's pretty difficult to find something interesting to watch. If I'm in the room reading or on the computer, I put on the hours channel with the music, or the nightstand radio.