PDA

View Full Version : valet parking?

Joie
09-05-2010, 06:24 PM
We are staying at AKV Jambo soon and someone in our party has a disability and has a handicap placard. Is valet parking still free for people with a disability that has a placard? I thought I read somewhere on here about this but can't find it now Thanks

Deb & Bill
09-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes, but you will need to provide a tip.

mickaholic4077
09-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Tips aren't mandatory. You don't NEED to provide one.

kaytieeldr
09-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Tips aren't mandatory; however, it's customary to tip valet parking attendants.

I don't know where the HP spaces are in relation to the Kidani entrance, but at Jambo they're close enough that valet parking wouldn't be required. It would be a choice, especially if the otherly-abled person was not the driver.

Nene1231
09-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Yes valet parking is free but I am sure they would appreciate a tip. Valet parking used to be free for DVC members in the past, but no longer a perk. I am sure they will take care of your needs.

mickaholic4077
09-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Tips aren't mandatory; however, it's customary to tip valet parking attendants.

I don't know where the HP spaces are in relation to the Kidani entrance, but at Jambo they're close enough that valet parking wouldn't be required. It would be a choice, especially if the otherly-abled person was not the driver.

Agreed,but the way poster number two said you HAVE to provide a tip kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

honeydiane1953
09-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Tipping a valet is not mandatory but YES it is common decency.:thumbsup2

cm8
09-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Tipping a valet is not mandatory but YES it is common decency.:thumbsup2

And how much TIP do you think is common decency :confused3, I tipped $20 each time and hubby said that was way too much!!:rolleyes1 But we had to tip when they took the car and when the brought it back, we were tipping $80 a day:scared1:. We had to get the car to get tickets from SOG and then when we went to eat at Tony Roma's:woohoo: and Universal Studios:rolleyes1. We had a disability placard but it seemed we were over paying each time:confused3.

Deb & Bill
09-06-2010, 08:47 PM
And how much TIP do you think is common decency :confused3, I tipped $20 each time and hubby said that was way too much!!:rolleyes1

Two or three bucks to pick up and drop off is nice. Or you can just tip when you pick up your vehicle.

EastonCat
09-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Tips aren't mandatory. You don't NEED to provide one.

It is customary in the United States to provide a gratuity for valet services. It is true that your car will disappear and reappear without doing so, but that is a different thing.

$20 is an extremely generous amount. $1-$5 each for parking and fetching is the usual range.

To me -- stiffing a valet on free parking would be beyond the pale unless there was something about the service that didn't measure up.

honeydiane1953
09-06-2010, 10:50 PM
And how much TIP do you think is common decency :confused3, I tipped $20 each time and hubby said that was way too much!!:rolleyes1 But we had to tip when they took the car and when the brought it back, we were tipping $80 a day:scared1:. We had to get the car to get tickets from SOG and then when we went to eat at Tony Roma's:woohoo: and Universal Studios:rolleyes1. We had a disability placard but it seemed we were over paying each time:confused3.

I must be an awful tipper. I am a single grandmother and I would tip 5.00 at a time. That's just my opinion. And since u need your car multiple times throughout the day even that amount adds up.:)