PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite room at POFQ

Magicstar
09-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey :-)
my BF just surprised me with a stay at POFQ :cool1::cool1::banana::banana:
Sooo cool!
We have never stayed there or visited it!
And Im very excited!!!!:woohoo:

So what are your favourite rooms at the FQ?
We will stay there the first weeks of Dec.

Any rooms we should request? Or any rooms you would say: DONT stay there?

Thanks a lot :flower3:

skipperkim
09-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Hey :-)
my BF just surprised me with a stay at POFQ :cool1::cool1::banana::banana:
Sooo cool!
We have never stayed there or visited it!
And Im very excited!!!!:woohoo:

So what are your favourite rooms at the FQ?
We will stay there the first weeks of Dec.

Any rooms we should request? Or any rooms you would say: DONT stay there?

Thanks a lot :flower3:

My favorite area is around the fountain between buildings 1, 2, and 3. I prefer building 3 top floor. Building 2 is also nice. It's closest to the boat dock and pool. The food court and bus stop from these 2 buildings is close to. Keep in mind since it's a small resort nothing is all that far from things. I wouldn't pay for the water view, since I'm not there for the view out of the window.

Magicstar
09-05-2010, 11:37 AM
cool thanks...
what if we get a few at the parking lot?
Is it a bad view?
I read somewhere the best building would be 6 because its so green and quiet there? are the other buildings less green?

Mousemom
09-05-2010, 12:06 PM
We have stayed @ POFQ 5 times. We have always asked and stayed in building 5 standard room. We have had a court yard view 4 times and a pool view 1 time. I think the pool veiw was an upgrade that they gave us. Building 5 is close to everything, pool, food court, bus, boat to DD, and laundry. The standard courtyard view is really nice. You look out on to the courtyard with the walking trail to POR or you may get a room that looks over a fountain. We did get a corner room once that had an extra window. If you are staying here take the walking trail over to POR. It is a short nice walk and gives you an opportunity to eat at or explore another resort. This has been our favorite of the moderates, have fun!

shoes99
09-05-2010, 12:16 PM
We are older and are also staying at POFQ the first week of Dec 2010. We have asked for a parking lot view, ground floor... when you have the curtains drawn, view doesn't make a difference to us. DH likes to be close to the parking lot and handicapp parking spots for our rental car. It is a beautiful resort.

starrysky
09-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Hi

We stayed at POFQ last year and loved it. We paid extra for a Kingsize bed room and got a wonderful corner room over looking the river. It was in building 6 and it was a lovely quiet resort so no area should be bad for getting to the food court etc.

This year we could not get into POFQ so we are going to be trying riverside, just don't think we could beat the boat etc to DTD or the quietness of these two resorts.

Have a great time :goodvibes

pixidustmom
09-05-2010, 12:39 PM
I prefer buildings 1 and 2. We stayed in 1 with a view of the fountain on the corner edge second floor. We were very happy with it. :thumbsup2

DJT
09-05-2010, 03:29 PM
We always ask for third floor. Last October was our first FQ stay and we were given building 2. It was a great building. We had a view of the fountain. This year I asked for building 2 again. We were given the opposite side of the building. It was great, too. Close to the boat, the pool (but no noise), the laundry area, the gift shop and food court. I'm going to always ask for building 2, third floor when I make a reservation. :goodvibes

Donna

nurse.darcy
09-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Regardless of which building you stay in, ask for a corner room. You get 2 sets of windows instead of one. Makes the rooms lighter and brighter. I love this resort and don't think there is a bad room anywhere that I know of.

pwdebbie
09-05-2010, 04:37 PM
My dh loved our room the last time. Building 5, third floor, as far as you could go in that building. King bed, corner room. One window looked down the river, the other looked across the river.

Here's a picture of our room -- Third floor, all the way on the right. Not my picture, came from one of the photo threads, was posted by Evad. Go to post # 2047 at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1975035&page=137. I reposted his pic to the POFQ thread and it is also my desktop picture. :)

yankeepenny
09-05-2010, 08:25 PM
finally after 3 tries i get to stay here in jan/feb. :goodvibes
i need the ground floor, but any building will do. i loved coming over here during my stay at POR, and the fact that each resort is so accessible to DD. :goodvibes

cassie
09-05-2010, 10:00 PM
My first time at POFQ was last May and I requested a standard room first floor. I was given second floor, corner room with a view of the river in bldg 6.
What a wonderful surprise :goodvibes. The room was so nice and clean, and being on the end of the building, the walk to the Riverside was quick.

Tommys Mommy
09-05-2010, 11:23 PM
This past May, we requested building 4 and got the second floor there. We LOVED it!! We didn't care about the view (it kind of overlooked a courtyard) but it was very close to the bus stop & the food court which was great for us. It was a short walk to the pool, as well. We will definitely request building 4 again.

jess20k
09-06-2010, 11:24 AM
We have stayed twice. First time we stayed in Bdg. 5 top floor, and corner room. We loved it! We had a pretty view of a courtyard and fountain. 2nd time we stayed it was in Bldg. 4, top floor. The view was of the parking lot, but there were trees that blocked most of the view, so it was not too bad.

When we stay again, I will be requesting Bdlg. 5, Corner room. I know corner rooms are harder to get because there aren't many of them, but I love the fact that they have the extra window.

TandLMommy28
09-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Are all of the corner rooms one King bed?

Northern Disney Girl
09-06-2010, 12:59 PM
This past May, we requested building 4 and got the second floor there. We LOVED it!! We didn't care about the view (it kind of overlooked a courtyard) but it was very close to the bus stop & the food court which was great for us. It was a short walk to the pool, as well. We will definitely request building 4 again.

I agree with this!! In January we stayed in building 4 and it was the very best location for us!! It was (and I am NOT exaggerating AT ALL!) literally a 15 second walk to the main building and less than a minute to get to the bus stops!! We were in room 4223, which is building 4, floor 2. AWESOME location!!!

It really depends on what you want for location. If you want quiet I would reccomend either building 1 or 7 which are the farthest away from the main buliding and pool. If you want to be slose the main building and the pool I would say buildings 2 or 5. If you want a close walk over to POR, I would say buildings 6 and 7 would be your best choice!

You can check HERE (http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/PortOrleansMap.pdf) for a GREAT map of POFQ/POR to see which location would be best for you! No matter what you choose, know that it is a VERY tiny resort and that it really is less than a 5 minute walk from any building to any other place within the resort.

cassie
09-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Are all of the corner rooms one King bed?

No, mine had 2 double beds.

Magicstar
09-06-2010, 05:52 PM
WOW - thank you all so much :love:

After reading all your great comments, I think we will try to get 5 or 2.
Its near the pool and the boats.
I was a bit afraight, that it could be a long walk to the main building... but now I know it will NOT :cool1:

Im so excited!!!!!

mlittig
09-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Magicstar, :welcome: to the DISboards :wave: I really don't think there is a bad building at the French Quarter :love: We have been in different sections of building 5 for three trips and have loved each area :woohoo: You will really appreciate the small, compact size of the resort when you get home after walking in the parks all day :yay:

skipperkim
09-06-2010, 08:18 PM
WOW - thank you all so much :love:

After reading all your great comments, I think we will try to get 5 or 2.
Its near the pool and the boats.
I was a bit afraight, that it could be a long walk to the main building... but now I know it will NOT :cool1:

Im so excited!!!!!

Nothing is very far away at this resort. At most it's a 5 minute walk.