PDA

View Full Version : SSR Tree House Rooms

NJDisney
09-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Anyone stay at these?

Are they far away from everything?

Desnik
09-04-2010, 07:10 PM
They are a bit far from everything, IMHO. Personally I would make sure I have a car when staying there. The section that they are in does have it's own pool and boat that will take you to DtD which is great. I have not stayed there yet but a friend of mine has. She has 4 kids and loved the space and privacy. It's basically like having your own cabin in the woods. One bedroom has bunk beds, the other two each have a queen size bed, then there is the pull out sofa in the living room, and I believe a pull out sleep chair too. You are a part of the SSR resort so you can utilize everything there, depending on where your treehouse is you could walk to the main area where the food and feature pool are, but some of those tree houses are out there.

If you go over to the DVc boards you will find a ton of info and pictures too.

ttstroker
09-05-2010, 05:15 PM
stayed here recently a few weekends back.

Pros:
- Lots of space and isolated, great not hearing your neighbors, kids in the hallway, people outside at the pool
- Being a 3 BR villa, you get a full kitchen, washer/dryer
- Awesome setup in the master bathroom
- Your own deck and grill
- TVs in every bedroom and in the living room

Cons:
- Far from everything, but if you have a car it makes it easier.
- To use disney transportation to get around the world, you have to take the internal bus to SSR first, then transfer to a bus headed to a park.
- Not really within walking distance of SSR except for the grandstand area. I would not recommend walking to the Carriage House, feature pool, etc. Had to drive over to community hall to borrow life vests for the kids to use.
- If there are any problems that require someone to physically come to your room it may take a LONG time since they don't really have staff dedicated to the THVs.
- If you have more than 1 car, you have to leave the second car parked at SSR somewhere, only 1 space per villa.
- Alot of bugs were out since the villas were nestled in the trees.

If you have a car then I would recommend staying here at least once. It was definitely something different and the kids loved it. If you don't have a vehicle, I think its more of a hassle considering the bus system and extra time you need to allow to get to around. I would rather stay at BCV, BWV, or BLT for the convenience of walking to a park.

NJDisney
09-05-2010, 07:26 PM
stayed here recently a few weekends back.

Pros:
- Lots of space and isolated, great not hearing your neighbors, kids in the hallway, people outside at the pool
- Being a 3 BR villa, you get a full kitchen, washer/dryer
- Awesome setup in the master bathroom
- Your own deck and grill
- TVs in every bedroom and in the living room

Cons:
- Far from everything, but if you have a car it makes it easier.
- To use disney transportation to get around the world, you have to take the internal bus to SSR first, then transfer to a bus headed to a park.
- Not really within walking distance of SSR except for the grandstand area. I would not recommend walking to the Carriage House, feature pool, etc. Had to drive over to community hall to borrow life vests for the kids to use.
- If there are any problems that require someone to physically come to your room it may take a LONG time since they don't really have staff dedicated to the THVs.
- If you have more than 1 car, you have to leave the second car parked at SSR somewhere, only 1 space per villa.
- Alot of bugs were out since the villas were nestled in the trees.

If you have a car then I would recommend staying here at least once. It was definitely something different and the kids loved it. If you don't have a vehicle, I think its more of a hassle considering the bus system and extra time you need to allow to get to around. I would rather stay at BCV, BWV, or BLT for the convenience of walking to a park.

Thanks for the replies. We probably won't have a car and will take the Disney transportation everywhere. I could see us dragging our exhausted kids back there late at night and be frustrated.

Good info

Pakey
09-05-2010, 08:33 PM
We stayed there in May. There's no way I'd stay there without my own car. We decided one day to take WDW transportation and it took us 90 minutes to get to the park. Yes you can walk to Grandstand if you don't want to take the internal bus/change buses, but it's a 10 minute walk to Grandstand, part of the way will not have sidewalks.

Also, we had a maintenance issue twice. One was taken care of but it took some time and the other one was never resolved.

The decks are amazing but we had serious mosquito issues and could not sit outside. It was a shame because we spend a lot of time at the resort and enjoy sitting out on our balcony.

The villas are nice, gorgeous. I'm glad we tried them once but we'll go back to staying in a 2 bedroom at one of other DVC resorts.