PDA

View Full Version : First Trip

Nonie12
09-04-2010, 11:23 AM
So me and Travis have both been to Disney World and Disney Land. I'm having a baby girl in November and we're going for her first trip to Disney World January. Do you guys know if there are good resorts for us? We were also wondering if the Dining Plan was really worth it. If it is could you tell me which one to get? Thanks so much! (P.S. If you were wondering, my due date is November 3rd, 2010.)

missenmickey
09-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Congratulations on having a baby! If you choose to do the dining plan, I would go with the counter service one only. Newborn babies can be very unpredictable. It would be terrible if you had an ADR for a meal, but could not make it because the baby is tired, fussy, etc. I would try to be as open and willing to change plans as possible. Good luck.

Nonie12
09-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Congratulations on having a baby! If you choose to do the dining plan, I would go with the counter service one only. Newborn babies can be very unpredictable. It would be terrible if you had an ADR for a meal, but could not make it because the baby is tired, fussy, etc. I would try to be as open and willing to change plans as possible. Good luck.

Thanks! And you're right. If we do decide to do the Dining Plan we should just stick to counter service. :)

tinkbyday
09-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Hello fellow New Yorker!

First of all, I think you are very ambitious to venture out with an infant - I can't imagine going to WDW with an 8 week old, but that's great if you think it's doable!

I would probably suggest either a resort on a monorail or one of the Epcot resorts where you can walk or boat to the parks.

I would imagine you will want to go back to the resort often with the little one and those would offer a convenient option to do so.

I agree with the PP as well that if you are going to do a DDP, the QS may be the best option for the flexibility OR you could use the room only discounts that are being offered to save on the deluxe accommodations and possibly do a CL room - that covers breakfast and drinks/snacks throughout the day. Then just pay OOP for the CS meals.

Nonie12
09-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Hello fellow New Yorker!

First of all, I think you are very ambitious to venture out with an infant - I can't imagine going to WDW with an 8 week old, but that's great if you think it's doable!

I would probably suggest either a resort on a monorail or one of the Epcot resorts where you can walk or boat to the parks.

I would imagine you will want to go back to the resort often with the little one and those would offer a convenient option to do so.

I agree with the PP as well that if you are going to do a DDP, the QS may be the best option for the flexibility OR you could use the room only discounts that are being offered to save on the deluxe accommodations and possibly do a CL room - that covers breakfast and drinks/snacks throughout the day. Then just pay OOP for the CS meals.
Ok, so we should see about The comtemperary, Grand Floridain, Poloniasan, or Epcot resorts.